What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Issues - 9/13 & 9/14

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Data, Seven, Spock, T'pol... O'Brien...
    Get everyone working on it. ^^
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I can get in for about 3-5 min at a time.... very sad
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

What you really need is Scotty. :)

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mistressofsnowmistressofsnow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

Lol.. Epic. Also, I'm coming from FW Eryda server.. I must say at least you guys were told about what's going on. We have yet to have any FW staff tell us what's going on...someone posted that they saw this topic for Neverwinter and suggested it may be why we're having may be related to y'alls.

It seems to happen as soon As I join a group event... I get kicked out
  • b4rb4r1kb4rb4r1k Member Posts: 19 Arc User

obsiddia said:

Lol.. Epic. Also, I'm coming from FW Eryda server.. I must say at least you guys were told about what's going on. We have yet to have any FW staff tell us what's going on...someone posted that they saw this topic for Neverwinter and suggested it may be why we're having may be related to y'alls.

Sorry but the exec producer made a very unpopular announcement about changes to this game and as usual the folks at **redacted to protect the guilty** thought it a good time for retaliation. Not sure if they realized it would affect all of Cryptic's games or not.
  • acidrain83acidrain83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I go fix my son a bottle, come back to timed out, go to log back in and it says temporary suspended. I received no email and don't have a clue what's up with suspension. Any idea wtf is going on. Sorry I am computer stupid.
  • mistressofsnowmistressofsnow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    What announcement? Lol where can we find this? Since clearly FW is left in the dark...
  • dysmul#4891 dysmul Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Probably because we're currently offline until a solution to these attacks is found.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Still working on this. Stay tuned.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

Suppose I'll just have to quote this because my last post magically disappeared into the black hole.

Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Stop jumping to conclusions. It may or may not have anything to do with botters. It could be the last dev group acting like disgruntled former employees for all we know.

Besides, we all know Stephen Harper is behind it.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Seriously? Your job is to remove posts that state the bloody obvious, that you PO'd the botters, and that's why you're being attacked? How naive do you think we are?

Messing with AD's generation was a bonehead move to begin with...throwing the baby out with the bathwater to try and fix a problem that barely affected most players except via the game economy, which we all knew was broken anyway...

And now as a result of your attempted "fix" (which, btw, everyone pretty much unanimously hated), you've all but broken the game entirely. GG. Be sure to delete this post as well because it cuts too close to the mark, but don't insult our intelligence by assuming we won't know why this is happening all the same.

Botters wouldn't DDoS the servers because any time the server is down they lose money ...

It's much more likely it's some random teenager with too much time that decided it would be fun to DDoS PWE for whatever reason.

As many people have said the changes to leadership will not affect bots because they just move to the next most efficient way of generating AD. Irregardless as to how PWE handles this bots will always make AD so much more efficiently that basically the only thing that can actually affect their ability to make money off the game is the servers going down.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ... or those botters are just getting ready for the changes next week.
    Creating a ton of new accounts with characters to run dungeons, skirmishes and PvP 24/7 to farm AD directly.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • lorddemonragelorddemonrage Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

lets not forget takei....

"OH MYYYY"
  • trailturtletrailturtle Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Update: We're tentatively good now. The bursts have ceased, and we're shifting into monitoring mode.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    So, what's the ETA on the FBI apprehending this person and we get back in the game? o_O
    Never to the first, unknown to the 2nd. You cannot defend against a DDoS. It's a flood of requests. Shut down 1 stream and they open another (if they don't have multiple streams running already). All you can do is wait for them to stop creating new streams of requests.

Why aren't these people caught? Simple. Half the people causing these issues aren't even aware of them doing it. There's 10000000000s of malware out there doing nothing but wait for someone to pull the switch and let them run wild on a target of their choice. So there's millions of infected computers helping without the owners even knowing. Not everyone has corporate level security on their networks.
    Although, in the more civilized parts of the world, an ISP would eventually shut down a private computer infected by such malware and the unsuspecting user can spend quite a bit of time proving they are clean and secure again before being allowed back online.

As for single individuals doing stuff like this: If they are smart enough to set up a flood of requests they are also smart enough to use a proxy/vpn that doesn't list their original IP. A proxy in say.. Kenya isn't going to keep proper logs on who used their proxy and they wouldn't willingly hand over such information if they had it. This is a case where only the stupid get caught.

I think this is why my computer is dying... when it was in really good health until 2 weeks ago.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Hey folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, we're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. These attacks are coming in bursts, so you may be able to stay online for a while, then experience a kick. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

Stay tuned, we'll keep you updated.

Just curious: is this at all related to the inability to queue for Cragmire as a L18 today? Was fine on another character up until this AM. Cannot queue for any dungeon whatsoever. Cannot access the daily key giver NPC either.

• kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I just decided to spend time with the fam instead, I got all my refining in I'm now just coasting in on money making now anyway. Bots can suck a duck. This is proof this is the right move.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

BTW... why is the HTML tags so wonky over here compared to the STO forums?

Everything is wonky in Neverwinter.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    ashnvf said:

rattler2 said:

BTW... why is the HTML tags so wonky over here compared to the STO forums?

Everything is wonky in Neverwinter.
    lol good one.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    obsiddia said:

Well i hate all bots to the core, but this time i can understand people's feelings, i nearly killed my keyboard in rage over Cryptic management's utterly childish and bad AD decision draining the last bit of life and fun from the game. The ironically funny thing is, they always said, we have no man power, we are under pressure etc. , but when they need to make legit player hurting decisions, they suddenly have all the man power and time they need, i wish they were so fast to fix the Mod 6 errors, that drove away half the population, next half of the remaining with this AD HAMSTER.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User

obsiddia said:

Well i hate all bots to the core, but this time i can understand people's feelings, i nearly killed my keyboard in rage over Cryptic management's utterly childish and bad AD decision draining the last bit of life and fun from the game. The ironically funny thing is, they always said, we have no man power, we are under pressure etc. , but when they need to make legit player hurting decisions, they suddenly have all the man power and time they need, i wish they were so fast to fix the Mod 6 errors, that drove away half the population, next half of the remaining with this AD HAMSTER.

+1
    why attack the game cause you don't like AD generation...

If it kills the game it kills the game

Why the attack?

• icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    On the theory that it IS angry gold-farmers, Cryptic should give every account a few million AD to devalue the botter's product. That would show 'em.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User

Update: We're tentatively good now. The bursts have ceased, and we're shifting into monitoring mode.

SNR for several minutes and a lot of lag... something is still going on here.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    Yep still not good for me
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'm mad. If you find the attacker send him to me so I can chew his private parts off....
  • n0fxer#8270 n0fxer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    It was posted already that there is a group/person/skrpt kiddie that is "taking" responsibility for the attacks, so its not like its coming from a number of places at once but rather one script running derptard.
    ghoulz66 said:

I'm mad. If you find the attacker send him to me so I can chew his private parts off....

let your dog do that...lol