test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Issues - 9/13 & 9/14

trailturtletrailturtle Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 1:40PM PDT: We're experiencing attacks once again today 9/14. We're working on stabilizing the servers.

Update 8:00PM: We're experiencing attacks again and are looking into it. Thanks for being patient.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, we're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. These attacks are coming in bursts, so you may be able to stay online for a while, then experience a kick. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

Stay tuned, we'll keep you updated.
Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Thanks for the communication.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    I guess someone didn't like your recent announcement
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    jade456us said:

I guess someone didn't like your recent announcement

That may be right, nothing happen without a reason..
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    This isn't just a Neverwinter issue. I popped over here to see if you guys were affected as well as Star Trek Online is hit also. Don't know if this is just Cryptic games or if all PW games are affected, but looks like Neverwinter isn't alone.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Thank you for letting us know and good luck we :smile:
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Thank you trailturtle for the notification, gl
  • adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Just feed the Boo!
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Well PWE owns Cryptic right.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The Borg are invading Toril. Resistance is futile!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    lirithiel said:

The Borg are invading Toril. Resistance is futile!

Eh... the problem with the Borg invading Faerun is the fact that almost every weapon deals kinetic damage. In STO, best weapons to use are actually melee weapons and the TR-116 Sniper Rifle because they deal kinetic, which the Borg cannot adapt to.

So... now drop them in a world full of blades and bows that deal ONLY kinetic damage. They MIGHT eventually adapt to magic, but there's no way in hell they will adapt to a sword to the frickin' skull or arrows to the knees.
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • bulix91bulix91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    I hope that people who are responsible for those lags will be banned as fast as possible, they've smashed my dragonflight run.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    bulix91 said:

I hope that people who are responsible for those lags will be banned as fast as possible, they've smashed my dragonflight run.

A ban would be too little. They'd have to be sued damnit. -.-'
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    oh this explains a lot. I thought my cheapo router was playing up again - lol
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    By attacks I guess you mean Distributed denial of service attack.
    bulix91 said:

They may not even play. They could just be someone who just decided "Lets cause havoc" and picked a target at random.
  • bulix91bulix91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    They are just mad because they will not be able soon to turn on their bots on Leadership, this is called mutiny. Other people are suffering because of this.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

oh this explains a lot. I thought my cheapo router was playing up again - lol

LOL! I was cursing my router too!

• orozuorozu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    There is allways a good side to every problem be supportive.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    hanks... I have been having issues al day
    Latest from the STO forums.
    A CO player reports the same issues, and actually had to visit the STO forums to find out what was going on. Its at least Cryptic wide.
  • googlymoogly22googlymoogly22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

• nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    We all know exactly why this is happening... friggin boters :(
  • thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    They need to shut down and do a emergency maintenance.
    thraexis said:

They need to shut down and do a emergency maintenance.

Emergency Maintenance won't solve the problem of the attackers. As soon as the servers come back up... the attack will start again and nothing will have changed. The only way to stop it is to identify where the attack is coming from and stop it.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    This is not funny. -.- Seems I have to wait for end of this madness. GG trolls,,, Hope u get your BANanas.
    200_s.gif
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    We do appreciate you letting us know but this is the second event in a matter of weeks where the game was unplayable for the last day. If i remember correctly it was the double AD weekend that was screwed up for the last day. Have you ever heard the saying "You need to spend money to make money"? I think it's time for an investment. Take some of the money players have dropped since the VIP release and try and get things stable!!! Otherwise your player base will continue to drop. If things don't turn around it'll be time for this player to move on.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If you are attacked (DDOS), most company will have problem including big bank, yahoo, google, governments, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    seems OK for me now
  • lillucky#7931 lillucky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > They need to shut down and do a emergency maintenance.
    >
    >
    >
    > Emergency Maintenance won't solve the problem of the attackers. As soon as the servers come back up... the attack will start again and nothing will have changed. The only way to stop it is to identify where the attack is coming from and stop it.

Where is Data when you need him ;)