test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rumor mill of the game

gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
I just wanted to clear up somethings about rumors of things to come in the game that are true or not, I'll scratch off the ones that came or are coming to fruition within the game.

Warlocks are getting a buff: Confirmed by developers
Raw stat enchants will get 100 more stats added to the 700 giving it a total value of 800: Unconfirmed.
Fey touch is getting nerfed: Unconfirmed
Barkshield is getting buffed: Unconfirmed
Negation is getting nerfed: Unconfirmed
Rogues are getting nerfed: Unconfirmed
Companions won't be used in SH PvP: Confirmed by developers.
Players will have the opportunity to upgrade mounts to mythic with bonus, later on: Unconfirmed
New class coming to game: Confirmed by developers.
Crafting will have a new way to make vanity wears: Unconfirmed
All enchants, will have another once over: unconfirmed.
Tiamat will be a map choice within foundry making: Unconfirmed

These are some of the things I have been reading within the game and wanted to see what has everyone else heard?

Not sure if this is right place to put this topic, but it's a start.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos

Comments

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Any rumours to the following ?
    Dungeons coming back.
    Fix lag issues.
    Fix class feats/encounters that don't work as stated.
    Make the game of less off a gambling and grinding simulator.
    Fix overpowered Lostmauth set.
    Fix design rules that break the rules that developers themselves have declared (like Paladins that are 100% immune to damage 100% of the time for example).
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    "Warlocks are getting a buff: Confirmed by developers
    Rogues are getting nerfed: Unconfirmed
    New class coming to game: Confirmed by developers."

why i feel a cold wind reading that?
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    GWF is getting nerfed: Confirmed
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ... will be a stupid decision like so many others. i can not do nothing about that.

a scenario which a melee class without dodge have the biggest damage, rogues be a dps more "reliable" and the main controller was the ranger/trapper - that is, a controller with very moderate damage - was the closest to equilibrium, valuing all functions, including defenders, something unprecedented in the history of the game.

but they confirm some buff (the problem is not the buff, but the scale) for a range caster in the same time then will nerf that melee w/o dodge and the confiable rogues AND BRING A NEW CONTROLLER (new, you know=god)... hmmm. but you will have your "revenge". :wink:
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    I believe that SW will receive a buff, when it actually happens as a patch to the live server.
    But until then, i believe nothing they say or write.

There was also the "promise", that the Devs will handle life steal different or "special" for SW... and now take a look at how that did turn out.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    @zacazu what revenge? I'm not the one nerfing your class, the developers think that the GWF is op and needs to be nerfed. I'm just happy that other classes have a chance in dungeons as well. GWFs are pretty dominant and faceroll every content.
  • Options
    I still hope, that the Devs will at first fix all the broken artifacts, enchantments, equipment and even powers... before they start messing around with classes.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

@zacazu what revenge? I'm not the one nerfing your class, the developers think that the GWF is op and needs to be nerfed. I'm just happy that other classes have a chance in dungeons as well. GWFs are pretty dominant and faceroll every content.

good arguments, bad arguments, hyperbole, euphemism, hoax, pure dishonesty... nothing that matter for me today.

ignoring you for now:

iam not sure if the devs will do something for rogues , or how much they will buff sws - buff and fix the sets? create some restrictive mechanic? - or how strong will be a new class. they just have one lesson to finally learn:

a "super class" - ignoring... you know - is aways a class that, instead to be optimizaded for a demand "x", are overnerfed and then overbuffed.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I just switched to GWF from GF. I never saw the GWF as overpowered. Paladins, stealth TRs and CW w/shield on tab were my primary gripes. Where is the confirmation of the nerf?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I just switched to GWF from GF. I never saw the GWF as overpowered. Paladins, stealth TRs and CW w/shield on tab were my primary gripes. Where is the confirmation of the nerf?
    You are mistaking PvE for PvP. The confirmation for the nerf is in the VOD of Strongholds stream. Towards the end, when the questions come in, the executive producer acknowledges GWFs as overpowered.

• Options
    edited September 2015

You are mistaking PvE for PvP. The confirmation for the nerf is in the VOD of Strongholds stream. Towards the end, when the questions come in, the executive producer acknowledges GWFs as overpowered.

Not sure what the "VOD of Strongholds stream" is. Was anything said about Paladins? They were the primary reason I switched classes. Both PVE and PVP. In PVP they are immune from damage, in PVE they can heal a team while tanking with a 360 degree shield that's immune from damage. Jeezus.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015

If you want to bust rumors, at least post a link proving something. To me there's nothing useful in this thread so far.

Read the post and if it's not useful, move along.

I said there are rumors "Within the game" not linked, comprehension is a God send.

Getting back on topic guys,

I just wanted to start a thread in regards to what have you heard about changes from individuals within the game itself, rather it be your guild mates, people you have grouped with, etc.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    If you say "Valindra, Valindra, Valindra" while standing in front of your Stronghold's mimic, she appears, steals all your Influence then randomizes your Shards of Power. If you don't have any Influence, she deletes your guild.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User

Not sure what the "VOD of Strongholds stream" is. Was anything said about Paladins? They were the primary reason I switched classes. Both PVE and PVP. In PVP they are immune from damage, in PVE they can heal a team while tanking with a 360 degree shield that's immune from damage. Jeezus.
    Not sure where you get the idea that Sanctuary makes a paladin immune to damage. For Oath of Protection OPs, Sanctuary provides rapid healing for anyone within the circle, 60% damage resistance for the Paladin and 30% damage resistance for allies in the circle. Now, if a paladin has an extremely high DR to begin with, then, yes, Sanctuary can boost their overall DR up to nearly immune levels, but OPs do not gain damage immunity simply from raising the shield.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Not sure where you get the idea that Sanctuary makes a paladin immune to damage. For Oath of Protection OPs, Sanctuary provides rapid healing for anyone within the circle, 60% damage resistance for the Paladin and 30% damage resistance for allies in the circle. Now, if a paladin has an extremely high DR to begin with, then, yes, Sanctuary can boost their overall DR up to nearly immune levels, but OPs do not gain damage immunity simply from raising the shield.

I may not be correct in saying "immune" and I've never run a dungeon with one as a GF. But have you played any PVP with yours? Paladins walk nodes virtually immune to anything. Their low damage will eventually take you down because they stay alive on temporary hit points that constantly refresh.
  • Options
    halaszsandorhalaszsandor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Warlocks are getting a nerf: unconfirmed
    Let me play!
  • Options
    regenerde said:

I believe that SW will receive a buff, when it actually happens as a patch to the live server.

There was also the "promise", that the Devs will handle life steal different or "special" for SW... and now take a look at how that did turn out.

Instead there's a pro tip!
    Level 20% lifesteal building!

• Options

regenerde said:

Instead there's a pro tip!
    Level 20% lifesteal building!

And you're going to donate all the resources needed to build that Stronghold structure to me?
    Great.
    Let's do this!
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    It better not be an across the board nerf to TRs... there is only one OP build there.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

GWF nerf coming? Oh my god, I just had geared mine decently.

Time to switch main again ...

And that is why they keep doing this. Not in any attempt to balance the game, but for the sole purpose of trying to get people to spend more money to counteract the changes made. I am all about turning a profit, and I don't begrudge Cryptic that, but the underhanded way they keep doing it in Neverwinter, and now to a lesser extent in STO. Really troubles me.

• Options
    ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    As a SW player its nice to hear that we are getting some buffs. Also i like to play pvp but sometimes its discouraging to get killed by a a TR that you can never see or hit while trying to capture a tower. Even if i hate TRs i dont think they should be nerfed, just give us the chnace to actually see them. How you can do this? devs are trying to make pvp like moba so... just do it like in dota and give the towers under the majority of your control TRUE SIGHT. This way TRs can still kill you perma stealth while you move around the map and camp towers they already own but if you are guarding or getting a tower you can actually see them and can do something.
  • Options
    ibarenas said:

As a SW player its nice to hear that we are getting some buffs. Also i like to play pvp but sometimes its discouraging to get killed by a a TR that you can never see or hit while trying to capture a tower. Even if i hate TRs i dont think they should be nerfed, just give us the chnace to actually see them. How you can do this? devs are trying to make pvp like moba so... just do it like in dota and give the towers under the majority of your control TRUE SIGHT. This way TRs can still kill you perma stealth while you move around the map and camp towers they already own but if you are guarding or getting a tower you can actually see them and can do something.

The SW has been my main since it came out, before that the CW was my main. I wouldn't hold my breath on those buffs if I were you.

• Options
    ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    ogarious said:

ibarenas said:

The SW has been my main since it came out, before that the CW was my main. I wouldn't hold my breath on those buffs if I were you.

i told you i was a sw player so i expect nothing from devs xD
  • Options
    But we persist anyways....Don't we. Hoping against hope that one day we will get what we are due.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

And you're going to donate all the resources needed to build that Stronghold structure to me?
    Great.
    Let's do this!

Of course not but let's work a bit before we run to forums and complain...

Sw can have some buff for pvp but its imbalanced for pve, doing 2* dmg as other dps classes and needs a nerf!