test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Issues Thread

Comments

• Options
    maryrose101maryrose101 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Most stats were capped on the old Gearscore system like recovery and life steal so perhaps an item score was a much needed and fairer system
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    One issue i noticed last night was my quest path continually changing....one example: my quest path will show to enter a dungeon, then suddenly upon entering it reverts to a different quest telling me to the leave the dungeon. Obviously I can activate the original quest from my journal to get the details, but I shouldn't have to

• Options
    hadrius#2281 hadrius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No respec on my only character. Such a shame /:
  • Options
    ancientrose12ancientrose12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Where did the silver scaled cleric from the scale shop go?
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @ancientrose12 Don't know have not checked the Scale Vendor yet, which I will be doing next! But you might be better off buying from AH, the AD price per old companions/artifacts have dropped significantly!
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Some more observations from me, now that I have my notes with me:

9) Change instance UI is very slow now, at least in the Drowned Shore. It takes about a second just to scroll one position down the list of instances. This is a breaking change for me as I tend to switch instances a lot - to find one with most players (for encounters) or with least players (for some quests).

10) Cult Antipathy quest narrative uses an uncommon idiom "easy bedfellows". It sounds fairly odd to an international English-speaking players. I recommend using some more common English term for that.

11) In Swords for Everyone quest ending dialogs cult leaders "flee" instead of "retreat" to describe their plans. People usually do not speak of themselves that way: "Fine, let's flee!" as it has mild negative meaning.

12) Nitpick: Minsc saying "My feasts are getting itchy, same is my hamster". For a companion with invisible hamster this sounds quite silly. I suppose this is intended but is not fun imho.

13) The location for "Target: Tidemaster" vigilance quest is too small, camera is constantly being blocked by the walls.

14) New profession experience seems unbalanced. We've got a 50% boost for the 6/8 hour gathering resources tasks but for the 20/30 minutes ones experience gain remained low, so there is no incentive to run them while you are online from the experience standpoint.

15) Mobs seems to be following players far longer than they used to. This makes it almost impossible to escape a difficult mob group once they started hitting you hard. Perhaps it's less of a problem for the faster characters like GWF, but as a CW I find that once I mistakenly provoke one of the boss mobs in the Drowned Shore encounter area (such as Cornered by Crabs daily encounter) - I'm doomed - I cannot teleport or run away from them - even with Soulforged enchantment and constant healing. This is very different from how it was e.g. in Well of Dragons before Mod 6.
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    shadovvassass1nshadovvassass1n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I opened a ticket on the 8th, because the Powers and Feats on my GWF, did not get reset and I still dont have this issue resolved, can some one look in this I would like to level him up.
  • Options
    fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I've been noticing and hearing complaints from other people as well that sometimes potions weren't working correctly. You hit the potion button (dpad) and the potion would go on cooldown but you wouldn't get any health back. This has caused me several unessessary deaths and injuries. I know for a fact it is not caused by Lag. It's happened multiple times now, too many to count, and as far as replicating it, got fight something let it almost kill you and try to use one. Ymmv.
  • Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    This is a rather odd rendering issue I have been having. It has just started in the Reclamation Rock area when entering places. The first one was upon entering one the tombs: image The second time was entering the cathedral:image This has never happened before Elemental Evil. It resolves when I leave the area, speak to a quest giver npc, log out, or go to the character sheet. While the ghostly look with no feet is kind of interesting, I prefer characters normal look lol. Not game breaking, just annoying.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Life steal is now a chance rather than direct % of damage. The take-home is that you will need a higher % to mostly feel the same as it was before (ie keeping you mostly topped up) but will still be sporadic at times.

Something I've noticed - the inventory and overflow scrolling is backwards when entering/leaving the bag area. If you move up out of the area you end up in the overflow and can move up to get back into the inventory. If you move down out of the bag area you end up in the purchase bag area (bottom) and then have to press up to enter the overflow. If these behaviors were reversed it would make a lot more sense.
  • Options
    corydonn15corydonn15 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @fallengodloki said:
    > I've been noticing and hearing complaints from other people as well that sometimes potions weren't working correctly. You hit the potion button (dpad) and the potion would go on cooldown but you wouldn't get any health back. This has caused me several unessessary deaths and injuries. I know for a fact it is not caused by Lag. It's happened multiple times now, too many to count, and as far as replicating it, got fight something let it almost kill you and try to use one. Ymmv.

I think I've pinpointed this one, If you use a potion after using your left stick dodge ability. It won't heal you. I think it may have something to do with the immunity to damage also granting an immunity to heals? Either way I haven't had a potion fail if I use it before the teleport or roll or a few moments after.
  • Options
    whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    The guardian fighter offhand artifact power that is supposed to slow enemies by 5% with the pwoer guarded assault is not working!
  • Options
    mische201mische201 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    The 6th Invocation does not work properly, i dont get any rewards for the 6th, the window shoes up but its dark....
    Please look it up thanks
  • Options
    hadrius#2281 hadrius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I haven't received a free respec, and would really like to respec my only character before I continue on with the game. An update on this matter would help, anything other than, "we are aware." Is there a fix in the works? Or will this be swept under the rug and forgotten about?
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    invite feature for crabs heroic doesn't seem to workfor me. I've tried sending invites. I've tried asking for invites.. I haven't seen a single invite since the update.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    mische201 said:

The 6th Invocation does not work properly, i dont get any rewards for the 6th, the window shoes up but its dark....

Please look it up thanks

Thats normal, it's dark because it usually shows the remaining rewards and there are no remaining rewards. The only real reward for 6th is the celestial coin (XP and blessing don't ever display) and if you watch you coin count, you will see that you get it.

• Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well, started up my Oathbound Paladin the minute the update finished. I love the class, really, I do. But, I'm a little confused.

First off, why can't I run Lair of the Mad Dragon or Throne of Idris? I have both as quests but I can not enter the dungeons manually, nor can I queue up for them. Just as well, why is Cragmire Crypts a three man dungeon? In my queues, I only have CC's and Wolf Den to queue up for; the two other ones listed above, the doors won't let me interact with them.

Secondly, I was doing the quests in Vellosk and after finishing up one of the final quests Dying Howl gives you, he just won't give me anymore quests. I tried returning to Sgt. Knox to see if maybe I had missed an intermission quest, but he has nothing for me. So, I think it bugged up or something, as the only two dungeons I can do are Lair of the Mad Dragon and Throne of Idris, which I can not partake in.
  • Options
    fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @corydonn15
    Any idea what the time frame between the shift animiation/immunity and when you can use the potion is? Cause if I get hit and try to use a potion before dodge, it just cancels and the panic to heal after dodge apparently is making me waste potions.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Well, started up my Oathbound Paladin the minute the update finished. I love the class, really, I do. But, I'm a little confused.

It has nothing to do with the OP class. Dungeons have changed. There are only 6 total and 3 are campaign unlocks.

1. It is not possible to manually enter any dungeon.
    2. The ones you want to enter do not currently exist.
    3. The 3 man dungeon is the new leveling dungeon format.
    4. High end gear will be in the campaign dungeons.

Welcome to Mod 6.

• Options
    corydonn15corydonn15 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    @fallengodloki I think it's about a half second after the animation plays... Whenever you can normally start taking damage again. I'm rather hoping for a fix instead of having to learn it.
  • Options
    axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Not sure if it's intended or not, but I got my main hand artifact weapon from finishing all of the quest line in Spinward Rise, finishing while I was still 69. Once I hit 70 Sergeant Knox sent me to Lord Never and he gave me another main hand artifact.

If intended, thanks for the extra refinement!
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    With the VIP program, how do you summon the teleport, mailbox, and salvage anvil? I can't find any option to use it and I have the necessary rank.
  • Options
    mische201mische201 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Go to inventory open vip rewards section and push X then u get a overview about your summonable items...
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    mische201 said:

Go to inventory open vip rewards section and push X then u get a overview about your summonable items...

Thank You!!

• Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

It has nothing to do with the OP class. Dungeons have changed. There are only 6 total and 3 are campaign unlocks.

1. It is not possible to manually enter any dungeon.
    2. The ones you want to enter do not currently exist.
    3. The 3 man dungeon is the new leveling dungeon format.
    4. High end gear will be in the campaign dungeons.

Welcome to Mod 6.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but you really came off as a real a** with that comment. Just the way you worded it. :/ (If you didn't mean to, I apologize, maybe I read it the wrong way)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

invite feature for crabs heroic doesn't seem to workfor me. I've tried sending invites. I've tried asking for invites.. I haven't seen a single invite since the update.

I've had the same issue - except I noticed an hour ago that after requesting group with 3 different people (all in the zone I wanted to get to) and pm'ing to be invited too - I received 5 or 6 red notices saying 'not in group' or some such and at the same time I received an invite. Seems like it's getting jammed up somewhere.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    don't know if it has been mentioned yet:

when i invoke, i do not always get the little baggy, even though it says that it's a reward for that invocation.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    You don't get the bag EVERYTIME you invoke....that's not a bug, that's intentional