test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Issues Thread

Comments

• Shadow of Demise for the TR doesn't work anymore. Played like 5hrs yesterday, & it only worked maybe a couple times at best
  • presidentkhanpresidentkhan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Grand Fissure encounter power for GWF does not slow enemies.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @blizzardpenguin#4023 They Nerfed it. That's a main reason why all the TR haters are laughing and saying that TR's are even more useless.

I love my TR, I kill everything just as quick now than I ever have. I actually solo completed the Crab Encounter when I was lvl 62. So I think that's pretty good.
  • > @patsfire said:
    > blizzardpenguin#4023 They Nerfed it. That's a main reason why all the TR haters are laughing and saying that TR's are even more useless.
    >
    > I love my TR, I kill everything just as quick now than I ever have. I actually solo completed the Crab Encounter when I was lvl 62. So I think that's pretty good.

I don't recall seeing anything in the patch notes about it getting nerfed. I was actually referring to the fact it doesn't even proc anymore. Did something get changed to how it procs now?
    Couldn't tell you for sure. I just remember someone saying that it was nerfed on PC, and therefore it was nerfed on Xbox with Mod 6.

As for the proc, I honestly never even paid attention to Shadow of Demise and whether it was doing anything or not. As I said, I am still MELTING everything in my path, so it has not made any difference for me....that I can tell.
  • kewley#7468 kewley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Shadow of Demise seems to have been nerfed, it used to apply to all targets now it only applies to a single target. Will this be fixed?

Thanks!
  • > @patsfire said:
    > Couldn't tell you for sure. I just remember someone saying that it was nerfed on PC, and therefore it was nerfed on Xbox with Mod 6.
    >
    > As for the proc, I honestly never even paid attention to Shadow of Demise and whether it was doing anything or not. As I said, I am still MELTING everything in my path, so it has not made any difference for me....that I can tell.

Yeah, I'm still melting every1 anyways...lol, so for those less fortunate ones, I'll never know...lol, but for enemies like bosses or drag for instance, that's where I'm noticing it. Thanks for the fyi on SOD. Sounds like other things got changed as well
    edited September 2015
    Along the same note about TR's, didn't everyone say that the TR is going to be nerfed all to he** and be useless as a DPS class? I am utterly demolishing everything in my path quicker than any other class, just like before. I even challenged my GWF friend to a kill challenge, who can kill the most in 5mins, and I won by a large margin.

So, everyone saying that TR is now at the BOTTOM of the DPS list, how is that even remotely possible. Or where am I suppose to see my self at the bottom? In dungeons, at dragons, in Tiamat, where?

Edit: Not angry or being hateful, just really want to know where I am supposed to see some drop off in DPS.
  • > @patsfire said:
    > Along the same note about TR's, didn't everyone say that the TR is going to be nerfed all to he** and be useless as a DPS class? I am utterly demolishing everything in my path quicker than any other class, just like before. I even challenged my GWF friend to a kill challenge, who can kill the most in 5mins, and I won by a large margin.
    >
    > So, everyone saying that TR is now at the BOTTOM of the DPS list, how is that even remotely possible. Or where am I suppose to see my self at the bottom? In dungeons, at dragons, in Tiamat, where?
    >
    > Edit: Not angry or being hateful, just really want to know where I am supposed to see some drop off in DPS.

Just TR haters being TR haters...lol. I'm definitely not seeing any drop in damage output, & it clearly sounds like your not either. Not sure where this supposed damage drop is suppose to occur either...didn't see anything in dungeons, or the 2 drags I did yesterday
    yea, I am still one shotting everything except for that water boss guy, Gur something I think. But apparently GWF is the best and TR is the worst......whatever lol
  • franknycefranknyce Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    3 characters got the free respec, but my CW didnt. Not only did my CW not get the respec but lost point in my Renegade feats. I was at lv 60 and had the last feat I think it was chaos magic or something. When I loaded the game today they were the last 3 rows of feats in renegade were cleared. It gave me 6 points to add but it was not enough to get the last feat in renegade. Too early in the morning for that so I had to spend AD to respec. Anyone know if this is just for CW?
  • tatavioztatavioz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Since the update, my character can't do the Invocation... when i try to do that, just nothing happens...
  • neobeastxneobeastx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Still no word of why or how some players didn't get respec or how long it will be until we do?
    They have said it is an issue they are looking into, but as with every issue....they will not let us know the true progress of the work.
  • presidentkhanpresidentkhan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Spinning strike daily for GWF no longer grants CC immunity
  • whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    How do I redeem my free respec?
    It should pop up when you go onto your character. At least as soon as I loaded my character it popped up talking about repec your stuff lol
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    tatavioz said:

Since the update, my character can't do the Invocation... when i try to do that, just nothing happens...

Your inventory is full or there is an item in an overflow slot.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    tuddyy said:

I have a strange issue, where I get nothing after an invocation. The screen dims and I see the graphics on top and bottom but nothing shows up. My invocation icon is clear and it chants every time i'm able to invoke but no results. After getting the dimmed screen with nothing on it, I can cancel it with B button. I wonder if that has something to do with the VIP rank that allows me to invoke anywhere.

I hope it's fixable on your end, and no need to patch the game itself to solve it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I got it figured out. My inventory was full, and there was stuff on the overflow bag... once I cleared it up, the timer showed up. I guess the game is missing a message to say what's going on.

Thanks for figuring this out Tuddy I was also having this problem. Clearing up inventory does indeed make it work. they need a message there.

• bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    The auto respec is only for toons that were already lv 60 prior to expansion, yes?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    just a general note for the game play. it feels muddy. trying to keep track of what quest you are doing and what quests are available in the map and getting a way point is nearly impossible. it seems random and things don't seem to showup on teh map. it's frustrating. I was really hooked on this game but the unorganized nature of this is losing me.

*Edit

It seems like the journal is ok, I've gone back to that. I really liked the idea of choosing quests thru the map in game. looks like that doesnt' really work.

also I've done merchants in distress 3 times now and got a notice saying we saved them but no heroic rewards of any kind
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • kellysbanekellysbane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Currently I am unable to accept the "special quest" from the Special Quest menu. You select A to accept but nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?
  • popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User

Currently I am unable to accept the "special quest" from the Special Quest menu. You select A to accept but nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?

At least you have one. In the top right of the screen it tells me to look at special quests but mine is empty.
    edited September 2015

just a general note for the game play. it feels muddy. trying to keep track of what quest you are doing and what quests are available in the map and getting a way point is nearly impossible. it seems random and things don't seem to showup on teh map. it's frustrating. I was really hooked on this game but the unorganized nature of this is losing me.

I felt the same at first but now questing is smooth. First accept the story line quests then look, read, and chose the repeatable quests that are mostly along the same line you are taking to complete the story line quest. The quests aren't just accept and go like before. Once I slowed down and took a little more time to read the quest it got much smoother. I think slowing down quest play was intentional.
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Not happy with the auto respec, the update removed everything from my HR build which was setup perfectly so I had to use the "Free" respec to redo all my power, feats boons etc so now when I want to do a mod 6 build I will have to buy a respec token!

My character just doesn't feel the same now, the movement seems slow and sluggish and I know they nerfed the roots but they hardly ever root groups of mobs now and when miraculously they do its lasts for a second!

We should have just been given a respec token to use when we wanted as I think I would have managed in these new areas better than I am at the moment!
  • rwanauorwanauo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I had 2 of my 5 60's fail to respec. It was every other one i did. It was also the 2 toons that completed campaign tasks during the upgrade. Not sure if either of those facts matter, but who knows. They were the newest as well. A month old and a week old. The others were many months old.
  • thepedrokidthepedrokid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm still completely perplexed as to why they did not simply provide a respec token either in everyone's mail or at the Rewards Vendor. OR, even better, put it in the Emerald Enclave box thing to add value to that promotion???

Can you guys please just give everyone a respec token per character at the Rewards Vendor and be done with this? My friends who did get their respec have all surpassed me now, thanks. Good luck finding help on that 60-70 content me as everyone is now busy with their level 70 campaign grinds.

Way to break people's game by not thinking it through.

It seems like the journal is ok, I've gone back to that. I really liked the idea of choosing quests thru the map in game. looks like that doesnt' really work.

also I've done merchants in distress 3 times now and got a notice saying we saved them but no heroic rewards of any kind
    Same issue, looks like that encounter is definitely gliched
  • jpdingerajpdingera Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    <Exaggerated Impression of Arc> "Thank you for your support on the xbone version of this game. We know you have spent countless hours grinding and honing your skills. Now you get to grind some more with the Elemental Evil Update! Yes! Mindnumbingly grind your way to level 70 before you can even think about playing the other 3 updates uncluded! Yes, yes, we know that all of those mods came out before elemental evil, but we want you to play completely backwards!! Thank you for your support and get to those missions!!"