test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Issues Thread

Comments

• Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Not happy with the auto respec, the update removed everything from my HR build which was setup perfectly so I had to use the "Free" respec to redo all my power, feats boons etc so now when I want to do a mod 6 build I will have to buy a respec token!

My character just doesn't feel the same now, the movement seems slow and sluggish and I know they nerfed the roots but they hardly ever root groups of mobs now and when miraculously they do its lasts for a second!

We should have just been given a respec token to use when we wanted as I think I would have managed in these new areas better than I am at the moment!
  • Options
    rwanauorwanauo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I had 2 of my 5 60's fail to respec. It was every other one i did. It was also the 2 toons that completed campaign tasks during the upgrade. Not sure if either of those facts matter, but who knows. They were the newest as well. A month old and a week old. The others were many months old.
  • Options
    thepedrokidthepedrokid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm still completely perplexed as to why they did not simply provide a respec token either in everyone's mail or at the Rewards Vendor. OR, even better, put it in the Emerald Enclave box thing to add value to that promotion???

Can you guys please just give everyone a respec token per character at the Rewards Vendor and be done with this? My friends who did get their respec have all surpassed me now, thanks. Good luck finding help on that 60-70 content me as everyone is now busy with their level 70 campaign grinds.

Way to break people's game by not thinking it through.
  • Options
    kellysbanekellysbane Member Posts: 8 Arc User

It seems like the journal is ok, I've gone back to that. I really liked the idea of choosing quests thru the map in game. looks like that doesnt' really work.

also I've done merchants in distress 3 times now and got a notice saying we saved them but no heroic rewards of any kind
    Same issue, looks like that encounter is definitely gliched
  • Options
    jpdingerajpdingera Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    <Exaggerated Impression of Arc> "Thank you for your support on the xbone version of this game. We know you have spent countless hours grinding and honing your skills. Now you get to grind some more with the Elemental Evil Update! Yes! Mindnumbingly grind your way to level 70 before you can even think about playing the other 3 updates uncluded! Yes, yes, we know that all of those mods came out before elemental evil, but we want you to play completely backwards!! Thank you for your support and get to those missions!!"
  • Options
    jpdingera said:

"Thank you for your support on the xbone version of this game. We know you have spent countless hours grinding and honing your skills. Now you get to grind some more with the Elemental Evil Update! Yes! Mindnumbingly grind your way to level 70 before you can even think about playing the other 3 updates uncluded! Yes, yes, we know that all of those mods came out before elemental evil, but we want you to play completely backwards!! Thank you for your support and get to those missions!!"

LMFAO!!!
  • Options
    spyderellaspyderella Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm actually afraid to even log into Neverwinter because I don't want to lose everything I've worked for all four of my characters are at level 60.. I have busted my butt getting my gearscore up and if I lose it I'm done playing!!!!!
  • Options
    > @virtueofcyanide said:
    > null
    > Don't worry about your GS. There's still a fun number for chest thumping. As for the respec issue, it's really not that big of deal. Just put the points back where they were.
    >
    > Everybody that's worried or concerned about losing their GS or points should relax, take a deep breath and see exactly what they are looking at. The only issues I've had really weren't negatively impacting any of my toons. For those who invested in their GS significantly, you don't lose the big investments so to speak. You get a better mainhand from a couple ways(i just made mine from the TOD campaig) and you get a better off hand a couple ways.
    >
    > I've put A LOT of work into my two cw toons and am not missing much making the transition. It's been extremely fun and pleasant for me.
    >
    >
    > P.S. don't be worried about the doom and gloom that surrounded the release of MOD 6. They really did shine in balancing it on xbone.
  • Options
    Ok well I guess I will check it out... It just depresses me to think I've lost all I've worked for... Hopefully I'm wrong but I grinded red ridiculous hours to get to where I was happy with my toons
  • Options

I'm actually afraid to even log into Neverwinter because I don't want to lose everything I've worked for all four of my characters are at level 60.. I have busted my butt getting my gearscore up and if I lose it I'm done playing!!!!!

Drama much? I wouldn't worry. Your GS will change, everyone did, due to change in how gear is valued. I went from 18.7k to a 2100 item score. If you do loose anything they will replace with a trouble ticket, everything you have or had it logged.
  • Options
    Not drama just not was what I was expecting from the new download
  • Options
    littlevale#6076 littlevale Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Resolved.
    Post edited by littlevale#6076 on
  • Options

Not drama just not was what I was expecting from the new download

Problem is Xbox is new to MMOs, what's nice is just about every event is logged so any issue can researched and corrected. ie items/gold replaced.

• Options
    lebytorlebytor Member Posts: 1 New User
    With the new update I am experiencing issues starting up the game. It seems to take longer and the background music skips or does quick loops. Seems to be lag type issues in general.

I have been kicked out of PvP for being AFK for too long - when I was actively in PvP not AFK for even a second - I then get banned for 30 minutes which is very very fustruating as it makes it impossible to complete the required number of matches for the rewards. I have also been getting errors Could not find queue Pvp_Arena_Domination_60.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have a lot of smaller issues noticed but my top level concerns so far were:

1) Auction House reverse-sorting does not seem to work anymore.
    I cannot sort things e.g. from most expensive to least expensive by applying the same sorting twice.

2) Control Wizard teleport seems to be way more difficult to activate.
    Maybe it's just me but I'm now having troubles evading red spot attacks 75% of the times (I'd say it was 25% before).

3) My non-binding Dragon Cult Pack turned into 2 Dragon Cult Pack BoE packs. Thank you for the free extra pack, but, but, it would have been nice to warn the user about the mechanics - I had one equipped and I've been using it. After I did a test and unequipped it - it was still unbound and was now BoE so to continue using it I had to bound it. :)

4) Several daily and intro elemental evil quests do not show a quest complete window, so the user has no idea when the quest experience is going to be awarded. (some of us rotate companions and/ore put on low-level gear with Azure enchants). Most of the time it happens in those "plant the seed" animation video sequences, which are quite redundant after the first time.

5) I think the timing of elemental seed appearing after boss fights and minion spawning is buggy - it should probably stop happening after the boss was killed, but it actually continues for a few minutes after that.

6) Intro quest to look at Sharandar rewards has buggy tutorial steps. When you accept it, it says to open Sharandar campaign and then click the rewards button. (no such button in campaign window, need to go to Collections), Then as soon as you open Collections it says click "View by location". but this button is only available for campaign collections and a player is confused how to find this button.

7) Nitpicking: in the elemental seed quest where a reward chest is floating in muddy water, when you repeat the quest as daily the reward chest keeps floating but there is no water.

8) Nitpicking: that whole Minsc form Rashemen (is that a reference to Minsk and Russia/Belorus?) character is disgusting. Low IQ brute with an invisible hamster who keeps swearing when you stop for 10 seconds to look into your inventory. I would never adventure with such a companion. WIKI says he is supposed to be a ranger too.
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    xenolith666xenolith666 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    The Dungeon Master Achievement is STILL GLITCHED. thanx
  • Options
    darksabrzdarksabrz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I just purchased the 6-month VIP package a few minutes ago. Got my Enchanted Key for the day with it, but it won't allow me to pick up my claim for the VIP Character Rewards that all characters in my account are allowed to get. In addition, whenever I try to use the Teleport to Moonstone Mask, Traveling Signpost, or the Summon Mailbox abilities, I get the following:

"You must collect your reward for "Sleeping Dragon Bridge" o you need a higher VIP rank to use this power."

Strange, that, given that it shows every indication of me being VIP Rank 6 now.

Edit: Switched from my new Dragonborn Oathbound Paladin (VERY fun class so far, IMO) -- which is the character I purchased the 6 month VIP package on (thanks to a 15% off any item in the Zen Store coupon) -- to my Drow Scourge Warlock, and everything seems to work fine on the Warlock. Switched back to my OP, and now it works fine. So it's only on the initial purchase that things are wonky, apparently.
    Post edited by darksabrz on
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    besides not getting my free respec on my DC(all my other chars received it) I noticed that the special quest for starting EE wont go away if you already started it without accepting it from menu beforehand.

Other than that all is good for me. Wondering about the respec though.

On a sidenote, all my other chars experienced a massive stats boost, except the DC(which didnt get the respec)- coincidence?

Thanks, take care.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    sirtoyou said:

Get 30 mbs,usually on virgin media.

Not just you it seems to have been a UK problem took 9 hours for me to bring it in, not sure what the cause was (routing the most likely) this was on BT
  • Options
    igotit4freeigotit4free Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    The quest "Hard to Reach Places" auto completed on me and doesn't let me add the seed to the tree. Today I was cleaning out my bags and decided to discard the seed as I needed the space but now when I return to Drowned shore/Reclamation Rock etc.. all the repeatable quests are gone. The only quests I have in these areas now are the kill 100 enemies and dailies. I can not re-accept the Hard to Reach Places quest (as I finished it but auto completed on me) and can't grind xp to rank up so I can move to the next area's.
  • Options
    gedd1gedd1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The problem I have been seeing as that since the update my lvl 40 CW no longer has working Life Leech or Regeneration. It was all good before the patch and now I am burning through Health potions like there is no tomorrow. :( Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Ta!
  • Options
    neobeastxneobeastx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    gedd1 said:

The problem I have been seeing as that since the update my lvl 40 CW no longer has working Life Leech or Regeneration. It was all good before the patch and now I am burning through Health potions like there is no tomorrow. :( Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Ta!

Read patch notes, there were changes to life steal and regeneration.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Life Leech? You mean Life Steal Or is Life Leech a thing I just have not seen on my CW?
  • Options
    Is any1 else stuck in Fiery Pit? Idk if its a glitch or not, but I went to Fiery Pit last night, not receiving any quest to do so, just obviously looking to continue advancing, but no1 will give me any quests. (Yes, I completed the 2 prior areas). The only person is the lady who gives you the "Feeding the Fire" quest, & that's all I get. Do you have to complete that quest before being able to receive other quests? If so, wish I knew about that beforehand. If not, then I'm stuck bc I cant do anything in this area. If any1 has any info about this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    Yes, do that quest
  • Options
    maryrose101maryrose101 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Seems to me all gamers who have made multiple level 60 characters with good gearscores and use them all in epics have been severely penalised as now all characters created will need to get to 70
    I think ARC should at least recognise this and award 5 experience levels for each character
  • Options
    axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Is any1 else stuck in Fiery Pit? Idk if its a glitch or not, but I went to Fiery Pit last night, not receiving any quest to do so, just obviously looking to continue advancing, but no1 will give me any quests. (Yes, I completed the 2 prior areas). The only person is the lady who gives you the "Feeding the Fire" quest, & that's all I get. Do you have to complete that quest before being able to receive other quests? If so, wish I knew about that beforehand. If not, then I'm stuck bc I cant do anything in this area. If any1 has any info about this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

I had to run around and read all of the pieces of lore on the tables first (I think there's six total), and then she quizzes you about why you're there. If you pass then she trusts you and will start feeding you quests.

• Options
    How have they been penalized? Its just like going from 50-60, 40-50,etc.. Just takes A LOT longer haha This is just the GRIND