test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter: Underdark Coming in 2015

Comments

• Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I wish for some cool new class, maybe a controller like druid or invoker. Or maybe assassin with its dark source of power :D
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    I would have started to get excited about this BUT, they will make all the gear/armor/weapons you have now of no value. remove leadership AD, no way ion game to earn items, no one will be there to watch this happen, too bad you had a good game going till you stopped caring about the players. Leave leadership AD in the game, allow upgrade paths for user current equipment, provide them with some of the things they've been asking for for the last 3 years, nah, lets throw another broken piece of HAMSTER in front of them.

cheers
    Ello

Prove me wrong
  • Options
    tuffyearstuffyears Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Any more news on this expansion yet ?
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Can't wait for that "PSION" Class >:)
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I think a MONK would be a nice add to list of classes it would be like a TR/CW bread with all the EP being in melee range.
  • Options
    tyaukxtyaukx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    qumi0 said:

I wish for some cool new class, maybe a controller like druid or invoker. Or maybe assassin with its dark source of power :D

i wish before they add new class they finally clean all the mess with balance and bugs they made
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    we dont need new classes, we need content. New content. Not a mashup of sharandar with dread ring like monsters.
    Not skirmishes like dungeons. Not revised stats of old gear on new gear. Releasing new classes right now its a cheap way to say "here you new contents be happy" while its not. The paladin itself is already a cheap copy pf a gf on steroids. Probably warlock was the last class designed by the original devs together with hr, their masterpiece
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    After reading Archmage, I predict that we'll be fighting LOTS of demons.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    now with 90% less ad
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    we don't need new content, we need old content added back and the game fixed. That would be the best expansion mod.

Put back HR's archery dps to mod 3 days (spread shot would be nice too but I know that's an over kill)
    Put back Lifesteal as it was before WoD
    Put back Castle Neverwinter dungeon and clock tower (both normal and epic as well as the lowbie level 10 dungeon).
    Put back the orbs in the foundry maps that would spawn black opals every 15seconds when you are fully stacked with gem dropping enchants.

But please put back leadership the way it was prior to this goofy arpil fool's joke day that just happened, its not even April guys
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    teatew said:

we don't need new content, we need old content added back and the game fixed. That would be the best expansion mod.

Put back HR's archery dps to mod 3 days (spread shot would be nice too but I know that's an over kill)
    Put back Lifesteal as it was before WoD
    Put back Castle Neverwinter dungeon and clock tower (both normal and epic as well as the lowbie level 10 dungeon).
    Put back the orbs in the foundry maps that would spawn black opals every 15seconds when you are fully stacked with gem dropping enchants.

But please put back leadership the way it was prior to this goofy arpil fool's joke day that just happened, its not even April guys

Um no thanks I'd much rather have new things than old things. Thanks for the thought though! How HAMSTER would a module devoted to bringing back things taken away lol.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

tuffyears said:

Any more news on this expansion yet ?

Yeah it wont be coming. Game will be long dead before it finishes. And rightly so.

Eyeroll. They're contractually obligated to deliver on it. Even if they have to do so at a loss, it's still less expensive than breaking their contract with WotC.
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

now with 90% less ad

kvet said:

and players

Amen

PS: And here I was all pumped up for it! Hoping I'll once again slay Demogorgon which I did not do since BGII times. OR maybe do some equally fun stuff. And I'll level up yet another new class. Yet as things stand I doubt even that having all possible booster packs (which I do have) will make the time spend leveling new character rewarding and smooth.... and it's 1st time ever when I think that. And new content? Let us hope everyone finds people still willing to team up and strong enough to do so.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    grim4152grim4152 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Fix the lag other bugs,k make up for mod 6 disaster and here is a novel idea, fire all the developers, we dont need more mods jusr few dungeons with un bound drops like pre mod 6
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    i just want the new lockboxes! i have about 100 keys stored from VIP =)
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    morenthar said:

Demons, with the same old artwork, same bugs, maybe even the same maps over and over and over again until we throw up allover ourselves. The situation is indeed bleak.

You mean perhaps Spellplague Caverns and Dread Vault, perhaps? They will be new to some of the players.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    morenthar said:

aulduron said:

After reading Archmage, I predict that we'll be fighting LOTS of demons.

Demons, with the same old artwork, same bugs, maybe even the same maps over and over and over again until we throw up allover ourselves. The situation is indeed bleak.
    Uhhhh, what?

To date, we haven't had many demons to fight. For whatever reason, it's always devils.

Now, I get it, you probably think the Balor will just be the Pit Fiend but, like, ever so slightly different. But remember: Underdark is part of WotC's marketing campaign. If Cryptic/PWE fumble on something so core to the D&D canon as "Devils =/= Demons" then you can expect heads will roll.
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User

Uhhhh, what?

To date, we haven't had many demons to fight. For whatever reason, it's always devils.

Now, I get it, you probably think the Balor will just be the Pit Fiend but, like, ever so slightly different. But remember: Underdark is part of WotC's marketing campaign. If Cryptic/PWE fumble on something so core to the D&D canon as "Devils =/= Demons" then you can expect heads will roll.

I think I agree with @morenthar. They might just whine it over "not enough income from bad bad players" which lead to cuts etc etc. "We did all we could: happy?"

Whether heads will roll or not? I dunno.

At 1st I was mesmerized by games lore in open beta and long after. Then bit less. Then I got hyped about Minsc returning and thought of "how the heck after so many Forgotten Realm's years? Why? And what adventures await?!"

And... I was slightly disappointed. Well much work was done but it seemed bit rushed with all the 'rebuilt maps' and so on. Also I have still no legit idea as to why and for what reason my TOP 2nd fave companion from BG titles did return? And who was involved?

So there is a possibility of what @morenthar said to happen. The one I would not believe in 1 year ago. We also for almost sure will see some of old Dungeons return. Overall: I'm happy, more or less, like each time new Mod was introduced. But... well not as optimistic as I was ever before.

Let us hope that things will be much better than sad, brokenhearted players like me predict. I really wish it to happen and not wish for any heads to roll.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    Well, at the very least, Salvatore is doing the writing. So, you know, get ready for that.
  • Options
    I don't expect the endgame to be any better, no. But it'll be an interesting thing to do for a week or two.
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    It just struck me - as far as the theme goes, Psionic class would fit Underdark the most. Rage of demons is all about madness and that's what psionic characters involve themselves with.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'd love to see a psion, but seeing as how 5E still doesn't have a psion (they're playtesting the Mystic, which everyone but me seems to think is the greatest thing since sliced bread I guess), I doubt it's on the top of our list.

That being said, there WILL be undead mind flayers, so psionics will play at least some role, if only in the form of antagonists.

Also, ugh, if there was a psion, I'd have to actually go through and gear up a new toon, and I just don't think I'm ready for that kind of commitment.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just throwing it out there, but in DnD 4th edition, Monk is a psionic class.
    The psionic is referred to the source of class powers for example Fighters are Martial, Mages are Arcane, Clerics are Divine, Rangers are Primal, ecc..
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    With about 3 months left in 2015, and the game needing a morale/interest boost, I hope we hear more about Underdark very soon. In addition to new content, I'd love to have some of the old dungeons and new ones + gear introduced. And, please, let's move away from the grind-heavy content that is/was Elemental Evil, (heck, an alternative path from 61-70 would be wonderful).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums