test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter: Underdark Coming in 2015

Comments

• Options
    lollernoob1000lollernoob1000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Also have you Devs played the game "Fate" ? I love the way it handles an underdark like environment. If you like random procs, why not try a dungeon that randomly generates when the party enters.... Im not a computer programmer tho so I cannot suggest anything helpful
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Underdark should be all Illithid all the time. BAM! MIND BLAST! Left and right! No one's brains shall survive! New Illithid armor transmutes! Illithid headgear! NEW PSION CONTROLLER CLASS!

I mean, I don't generally play alts, but if they introduced a psion, I mean, I'd practically have to! (Definitely 100% not happening)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    My prediction for Underdark is there will be new armor that will incorporate the art that was originally seen for the "Drow" equipment sets that never actually happened. Waste not, want not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Well, I don't know enough about WotC's "Rage of Demons" event to say a whole lot, but yeah: Menzoberranzan is part of the plot, so drow will play a heavy role I imagine.

And my precious Illithids will likely be ignored :( Well there might be an Illithid sidequest or NPC or something like that. There's been events where Illithids trade with drow, or capture drow, or war with drow, or are raided by drow.
  • Options
    soulidensouliden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Rage of Demons is pretty much drow mage Gromph accidentally unleashes abunch of demi-god demons into the underdark and the lands above are wanting to put a stop to it early rather than later, before they come up and destroy them.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Really?
    What about the issues from Elemental Evil and Strongholds?
    Only small patches until Underdark is released with no real bug fixes and updates?
    Because, that is what happened after Strongholds was "coming"...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    How i imagine it - Another WoD with daily tasks and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of heroic ecounters, nothing to see here...
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Sounds great, but I would really like before any new Mods all the glitches and problems sorted so the games running as smooth as humanly possible.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Seriously. Major, longstanding bugs should be fixed before new material is released. Fixe the elven battle vs. thorned roots bug. Fix the broken BID instances so people can get their IWD artifact coffers. Balance the classes so that SWs and HRs can effectively fight anything else on the same gear level. Bring back the old dungeons we've been clamoring for since the mod 6 release. Make epic dungeons winnable at the minimum gear level without exploits. Stop ignoring the player base to get short-term new players and maybe the player base will stop deserting.
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    This game should do itself a favor and ignore any and all posts made about or for PVP as the game mode is pretty dead and has always been poorly implemented. You do not make any money doing pvp and the general mentality of the average pvp player is so poor that none of them will be able to maintain a healthy relationship with the quality guilds doing strongholds. PVP players hate PVE content and the new Strongholds pvp mode is just that. Talk about shooting ones own foot.
  • Options
    vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
  • Options
    So lets see. There's Orcus with the undead mind flayers, I got a glimpse of Demogorgon, and of course there's our boy-toy Drizzt being sociopathy.
  • Options
    vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Was that Bathomet at the beginning as well (minotaur demon)?
  • Options
    Could be.

Rage of Demons sounds pretty golden on multiple levels, but will the Neverwinter implementation live up to it? I'm skepetical!
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    That Rage of Demons video is goddamn awesome!!Must watch!!!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    kalintharkalinthar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Please stop making promises that you know you will never deliver upon.
  • Options
    muuli30muuli30 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Good, I wait this so no need do stronkhole...
  • Options
    Anyone see if they slipped a code in like with the Tyranny video, i've scoured it, but not seeing one.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    people should stop asking for bugs to be fixed instead of new content being developped. the devs have stated once and again that diferent teams work on those two issues. And they have also stated that they need to release new content alonside wotc. they don't get a say in that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Well I noticed in the video there was a similar creature to the boss of the old whispering caverns dungeon so maybe....just maybe we'll see some returning content?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    reiwulf said:

people should stop asking for bugs to be fixed instead of new content being developped. the devs have stated once and again that diferent teams work on those two issues. And they have also stated that they need to release new content alonside wotc. they don't get a say in that.

... and you believe in what "they" say?

But let us entertain the funny idea of an existing "bug fixing TEAM", that would raise one important question:
    WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING?!

That "team" should be pushing huge bug fix patches every damn week!
    Or could we get at least a roughly to-do-list of that "team", please?

And the people will stop asking for bug fixes, when the Devs stop breaking something with every damn patch they deliver... or when those people move on to other games.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    The point is they cannot stop working in new content. They have to do it. Its not as simple as them stopping working on new content to fix bugs. Its not up to them
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm not asking for them to stop producing new content, i do know that they have to produce content based on contracts, i'm just asking for less bugs and issues with every new module.

Just take a look at the last new issue to the game, did we really need an "event tracker"?
    Nope.
    But now they have to take the time fix it.

Or what about invoking? Did they really have to mess with it, and delete all the bonus XP from it?
    Nope.
    And even after a few "fixes", you still have to do a raindance, before the first invoke is even working.

All the Devs had to do is take a look at
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/player-feedback-pc
    and while working on new content, throw in at least a few real bug fixes per patch!
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Why are you exploiting the eCC boss (any more)?

Out of the Abyss heavily features Zuggtmoy, Fraz-Urb'luu, Demogorgon, Orcus, and a couple of other Demon Princes.

The main current NWOnline location repeatedly mentioned is Gauntlgrym, other locations of note include various drow cities or outposts and a kua-toa village.

The Dungeons and Dragons campaign starts at level 1, much like Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil do, but I expect this will start at higher levels, again much like ToD and EE. Hopefully like EE it will add new 60-70 content to make those levels more viable.

What I really hope we get out of this is some new monsters; especially the demons, things more tied to the major demon princes in the story (Zuggtomy, Demogorgon and Orcus) and the return of Dread Vault as a dungeon would be nice as well.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options

Why are you exploiting the eCC boss (any more)?

Out of the Abyss heavily features Zuggtmoy, Fraz-Urb'luu, Demogorgon, Orcus, and a couple of other Demon Princes.

The main current NWOnline location repeatedly mentioned is Gauntlgrym, other locations of note include various drow cities or outposts and a kua-toa village.

The Dungeons and Dragons campaign starts at level 1, much like Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil do, but I expect this will start at higher levels, again much like ToD and EE. Hopefully like EE it will add new 60-70 content to make those levels more viable.

What I really hope we get out of this is some new monsters; especially the demons, things more tied to the major demon princes in the story (Zuggtomy, Demogorgon and Orcus) and the return of Dread Vault as a dungeon would be nice as well.

I'd be happy with some new skirmishes or dungeons, EE's mini dungeons just didn't do it for me. I'd like something a little more epic and more cohesive storyline..
  • Options
    rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    I would ask the devs. Are you sure that it is coming in 2015? Three and a half months left, and no sign of the new module..
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    rannonhu said:

I would ask the devs. Are you sure that it is coming in 2015? Three and a half months left, and no sign of the new module..

You can deduct one month due to winter festival. They are not likely to launch a new module during a festival.

Meaning only 2 months left and not on preview server yet.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)