test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter: Underdark Coming in 2015

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
edited June 2015 in News & Announcements
In partnership with Wizards of the Coast, we announced our eighth module expansion - Neverwinter: Underdark - coming to the game later this year. Initial details can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9226073-neverwinter%3A-underdark-coming-in-2015

Specific details will be revealed at a later date. In addition to this, I would like to reiterate that the team is still looking at M6 per Scott Shicoff's note the other week. I know that the team and Strumslinger are looking to pull together an update on that in the near future.

For those asking how we jumped from the sixth module to the eighth module, stay tuned for more information on Neverwinter: Strongholds. That's still most certainly happening and we'll have details soon.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2015
    You haven't been able to fix even 1/3 of all bugs and exploits in MOD6, yet you already announce MOD8 and before that - MOD7.

Guys. I know it's marketing. I know you have to get as much money from this product as possible before the playerbase falls to the size, with which further keeping servers online will only generate loses.

But what about quality ?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Right now I'm super excited for the Strongholds update, but wow, Underdark sounds awesome. I've always wanted to go there. Whispering Caverns was a nice start, but actually traveling to the Underdark should be awesome. I want to kill hook horrors (and maybe befriend one!) :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    proxaa wrote: »
    But what about quality ?

Appreciate the comment. I do want to mention that the work being done to M6 that was previously discussed is still in process. This announcement for Neverwinter: Underdark comes far in advance to any additional details that we will be dropping for that module in the near future.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does this mean... GvG? :confused:
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok so with this we get a very general idea of where the game is going over the next year, which is good. Mod 7 looks like it is going to be fairly minor as far as new content is concerned, hopefully with a focus on fixing Mod 6. Neverwinter: Strongholds sounds pretty sweet though. And Mod 8 sounds interesting. Awesome. Now if this is followed in a week by some more specific information, first about what is being fixed with Mod 6, and then a little more about Mod 7, I think most people will be pretty happy. Thanks for the info and keep us updated :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I see no reason what so ever to troll this thread. If we want to look backwards there are plenty of mod 6 threads. The OP said they are working on things. Lets look forward to what they come up with in terms of fixes for 6 and new content for 7 and 8. They have to at least be able to tell us what is going on without people jumping all over them for doing so. Please be nice.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will we be able to have a Drider as companion? please T_T
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015

Omg, that would be freaking awesome. I want a hook horror companion though. I will name him Clacker, out of respect for Drizzt's pech-turned-hook-horror friend.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Does this mean... GvG? :confused:
    I wouldn't try to make a definite prediction but I get the feeling it just might be. This + the buzz about tournament of champions got me pretty excited. Can't wait to see what they are cooking up!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    they always say that, and yet what do we get?i think you know the answer.

What we are getting right now is communication about what is going on with the game. That is something we asked for and we are getting it. It is a step in the right direction and I for one am pretty happy to see it taken. One step at a time, right? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    they always say that, and yet what do we get?i think you know the answer.

I do want to say that the conversations are still very much active. Sometimes it takes a little while longer to communicate as we'd like to have our ducks (or is it dragons) in a row prior to sharing information.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see no reason what so ever to troll this thread. If we want to look backwards there are plenty of mod 6 threads. The OP said they are working on things. Lets look forward to what they come up with in terms of fixes for 6 and new content for 7 and 8. They have to at least be able to tell us what is going on without people jumping all over them for doing so. Please be nice.

Agreed. These aren't launching next week, or even next month.

I think what was laid out is what can be expect this year. Strongholds in August and Underdark in November would be my prediction. And the next 6 weeks are focused on ironing out Module 6.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I want an Aboleth companion and Mindflayer as a playable race..haha
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the info, but after m6 im rather scared than hyped.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds promising.

But so did Mod 6 on paper.

I just hope you guys do something to fix your game engine prior to plugging in more stuff onto it (what about 7?) and mod 8 brings NW to epic levels.

There's no point creating more content and plugging it into an obviously problematic root core.

Which brings up another question, honestly.

How will you go about in doing it ?

Don't you have to issue major fixes to already existing issues before even feeling ready to go out public saying you're good to go for a mod 8 this year ?

Communication wise it appears to be a good move, stuff to look ahead for.
    But there's the Mod 6 fear now and the feeling that it will repeat itself and quite frankly most people would be more happy with a "we're fixing heaps of stuff from mod 6 and back" instead of having to look forward to a possibly more problematic new mod.

Because It kinda boggles my mind.

Half the staff you'll find here implies it takes a long time to issue sensitive bug fixes (hence that's why they're not fixed yet), yet here you are announcing a new (skipping 7) module 8 that's supposed to be implemented this year.

No offense but It makes no sense...

How ?

[EDIT] And a friendly, Honest to God suggestion.
    Whatever you plan on releasing. Have your mods play through, god mode off, average player IL, all the way to max level, before even considering it's fun to play across the board (meaning big spenders and average joes).

With kindest Regards
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is interesting, considering I just read the Wizkids Facebook update on Wizards of the Coast releasing "Rage of Demons" in the Fall of 2015...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As it was said already, one step in the good direction concerning communication.
    And like others, I'll wait to see how fixing of M6 is going on before projecting myself towards M7 or M8.

I'm persuaded the game can get back on its feet, but you have a lot of work to do on M6, do your best not to impose deadly deadlines on yourselves.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is interesting, considering I just read the Wizkids Facebook update on Wizards of the Coast releasing "Rage of Demons" in the Fall of 2015...

This is what The Underdark expansion will be linked to.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fix mod 6 bugs first please. and give us some time to play not bugged game before new mods bugs please.
    And general advice - nobody want new Minsk and boo with heralds quests on lagging reused terrains. My best hope for this to be a successful release rather then want mod 6 is still is.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    daggon87 wrote: »
    As it was said already, one step in the good direction concerning communication.
    And like others, I'll wait to see how fixing of M6 is going on before projecting myself towards M7 or M8.

I'm persuaded the game can get back on its feet, but you have a lot of work to do on M6, do your best not to impose deadly deadlines on yourselves.

See some of the posts above. Neverwinter content releases are linked directly to wotc releases and I am sure that is pretty ironclad in their licensing agreement. So they are on an deadline imposed by forces outside their control. It doesn't mean they cannot do an awesome job getting things tuned to where they need to be.

But there are plenty of other places to talk about that. :)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    And a friendly, Honest to God suggestion.
    Whatever you plan on releasing. Have your mods play through, god mode off, average player IL, all the way to max level, before even considering it's fun to play across the board (meaning big spenders and average joes).

This ^^ 1000 times this ^^ .

I know the devs aren't in charge of planning - they just do their best to code what the management tells them. Perhaps we should ask the upper management (including the CEO) to actually play the game from levels 1 - 70 AND get all of the boons before any future mod is released.

I welcome this news and remain hopeful that Mod 7 and 8 will bring us back to the "good ole days" of having fun in NW.

I'd rather have one of the scorpions in eLoL. They would be awesome. While we're at it, give us one mount-based attack before being knocked off our mount. I want my Clydesdale to stomp a redcap!!
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Agreed. These aren't launching next week, or even next month.

I think what was laid out is what can be expect this year. Strongholds in August and Underdark in November would be my prediction. And the next 6 weeks are focused on ironing out Module 6.

This would be my prediction also. The patterns are so obvious people aren;t seeing them as the forest through the trees. And I concur about there being no reason to troll (or otherwise even complain) about things in this thread.

@VCryptic: great news - and thank you for announcing it so early. Everything is always such a mystery until the last minute (and I can understand why, generally=speaking). This is a refreshing change; shining a glimmer of light on the long path ahead.

And for all those complaining about things: aren't you among those proclaiming they do not communicate enough? Well, having cake and eating it, too isn;t a constitutional right. ;)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guild housing: nooooo. :(

After what happened to STO two or three years ago, I fear this is going to be a quite dreadful experience.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Regardless...news really appreciated.
    Now stop working on it and fix what isnt working.
    Lets say release mod 7 when 90 of 110 bugs present now are fixed.
    Then try to release mod 7 without introducing 150 bugs or magically breaking what you fixed few weeks before.
    We will reach convergence in few mods!
    Waiting for news fixes and further communications
    Good work
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hopefully "The Underdark" won't just be an expansion of "The Whispering Cavern"....(remember the drowned shore, reclamation rock, etc...?)
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Whta can I say...
    Are you out of your mind? Some bugs exists since mod 1 and you dare to announce mod 7/8?

Thats ridiculous.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please make it good.
    I have stopped playing Neverwinter, I've uninstalled the game and ARC as well. I will give Neverwinter another try by the end of the year, so please make it good.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Although I would really like to see these up coming developments succeed, recent history gives me a great deal of concern. Unless within the next few weeks the many failings of Mod 6 are addressed, there might not be enough willing players for Mod 8. Now is the time to shore up what support is left with some decisive improvements, or the future is going to be bleak.
    Definitely not an Arc User.