Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter: Underdark Coming in 2015

Comments

• Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tvcity wrote: »
    hopefully "The Underdark" won't just be an expansion of "The Whispering Cavern"....(remember the drowned shore, reclamation rock, etc...?)

copy paste the old map. turn it like 60 degrees, and boom "new" content ready.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I sure would very much prefer player-specific housing to guild strongholds.

I hate to post a competitor's game, but look to Runescape for a fantastic development of player housing - accessed through portals. A great AD sink as well! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    As others have stated... TY for the update for this year's module releases. It truly is appreciated.

However...

This announcement does leave me feeling a bit hollow. There is still so much about the current state of the game that needs to be addressed (bugs/exploits, graphic issues, gameplay issues, broken powers, etc...). How are these going to be addressed in the mean time? With this announcement, it feels as if your resources are already dedicated to push forward on the current buggy platform.

As Alex stated earlier, we're still going full force in addressing M6, bugs/exploits and other issues with the game. We'll have more on this later, but we just wanted to give a small roadmap of the future of Neverwinter.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    blah blah blah Element evil still being assessed blah blah underdark blah blah GUILD STRONGHOLDS! GUILD HOUSING!!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Excited to see what the new content is, as always...

Super nice to see them also acknowledge they are still working on Mod 6 issues.

So well done Devs, keep on rocking! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As Alex stated earlier, we're still going full force in addressing M6, bugs/exploits and other issues with the game. We'll have more on this later, but we just wanted to give a small roadmap of the future of Neverwinter.
    It is greatly appreciated good sir, greatly indeed! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This is how news should be delivered. Thanks
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One think I do hope: I hope Cryptic has taken note of the massive community and player response that we do NOT want another campaign grind like Shar, DR, WoD/ToD, and IWD. I don't expect Strongholds to be like that (I'm guessing we can look to STO for an idea what that release will resemble, at least in large part) but for Underdark -- I guarantee you the reaction will be almost universally BAD if you release Underdark as another campaign. It's mod8, so you have a lot of time - PLEASE use it wisely to devise something new and cool that doesn't include yet another campaign progression and doesn't just tag onto an existing one.
  • Options
    sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So is it even worth it to refine our current artifact gear of mod 6? (Elemental main and off hand) ?

Or is it gonna become obsolete again in module 7 and 8? We need clarification in this.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SO - surfacer Drows... well not new as a concept in Roleplay, but it will be good to see the "famed one" out and about.

As Di's one cousin may say "Uk zhah natha jaluk uss orn'la ssinssrin ulu mru'shka wund uss' qu'ellar." *

For more alternative lore fun you may start poking around on Snow Drow, and Elistraens. There's so much that has come up through standard roleplay, and various fiction that is fun to be had with this. I have some supplemental written somewhere on this computer....

HEY PVPERS! Remember the peek on Drow Armor? Hmmmm?

*Translation : "He is a male one would want to tempt into one's house."
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It'll be nice to have a "stronghold" for the Guild.

Well, assuming I still have guildmembers by the time this mod rolls around.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, I'm not convince m6 will be fix before m7 is released even with the delay in m7 released(let's face it even without a release date we will have a delay) but keep digging at that mountain with your spoons devs you'll get to it.

Now Guild housing? what for? Give Guilds some reason to exist first. The only reasons to be in a guild are:

-Avoid the awful lfg and "legits" channels.
    -Join GG content.
    -More Storage.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would suggest having Bob (R.A. Salvatore) take time to hold a workshop with the writers on staff. Sometimes even small pointers can go a long way. I'd also recommend that the writing staff read Forgotten Realms novels, and really work on developing story lines to avoid the issues that were prevalent in the Module 6 story (or lack there of.)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would just like to be able to play the game now. I just played some level 70 stuff today and it is far to difficult with my HR. I hate pvp so no equipment from there and it is impossible to do any dungeons at my item level if I could even get in one without being kicked. I guess it is good to know there are things on the way but not being able to play now ( or at least enjoy playing ) really needs to be the priority. At least for me, I most likely won't be playing my HR much if any until I can enjoy playing it again.

No point in getting a new paint job on your car, getting new rims and tires, and fixing the interior up to make it look all shiny and new if the motor doesn't run and the transmission doesn't shift gears. Pretty to look at but all you can do is sit in it and wish you could take it out for a spin.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    truly TRULY hope that the new mods will become the new endgame, and that they leave current endgame stuff alone... but not call it endgame.. call it something else..

Actually, what would be awesomely best would be to roll back DR, Sharandar, ToD, WoD, Tiamat, etc., to where it was pre-Mod 6.. WIth those areas, plus the Elemental Evil stuff, that would provide a TON of great leveling and exploration for 60's-70's to play in.. working towards getting the boons and gear, etc., then when they hit level 70, start in the new Mod stuff, where they can slowly become more and more powerful.

IWD has just kind of been left out to dry, as it were. A new endgame campaign should be created off the IWD stuff.. maybe look into incorporating the Portal into a sort of "take the fight to the enemy" campaign line.

Seriously.. there are so many "loose ends" in this game that it would be easy to REALLY spread things out and make this universe HUGE.

It's time for Neverwinter to really raise the bar on MMOs. That is what I would love to see happen.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    any chances for vampire mod?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good to know what's coming. I'd like more info on mod 7 than mod 8 though.
    I really hope we can have more important bugs fixed before going to the next one too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I would love to see are much more zones with world PVP, get rid of the temp contract pvp factionss and make ppl declare an allegiance from early on maybe level 20 or something. Make it so that high level people can't kill low levels in the pvp worlds
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Good news are, basically, that we will meet with Drizzt Do'Urden at least. :P

Has no one played my Foundry? He's already there. ;P
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds great. Really happy to see you got Salvtore to write some of the quests.

Looking forward to Strongholds as well. Really wish you guys had a better understanding of pixel value though. I fear many of the improvements in strongholds are going to be overpriced and out of reach.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For those asking how we jumped from the sixth module to the eighth module, stay tuned for more information on Neverwinter: Strongholds. That's still most certainly happening and we'll have details soon.

This comment is weird. "Still most certainly happening" can mean there is a chance Neverwinter: Strongholds may not happen...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm still reminded that "Fight with Minsc and Boo!" encompassed 2 whole quests. So my expectations to "Accompany Drizzt" are hedged somewhat by that. We'll see I suppose...
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    healary wrote: »
    This comment is weird. "Still most certainly happening" can mean there is a chance Neverwinter: Strongholds may not happen...

Ya, that is pretty awkward. Almost like an outside party is talking about something going on inside that they are not privy to. Not put a fine point on things or pick them apart but these are fragile times...