[PC] Did servers just die?

Comments

• Options
    mr5oulbhmr5oulbh Member Posts: 5 New User
    The server comes back what hour?
  • Options
    godanukisgodanukis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    darksheere wrote: »
    I wish the login screen of the application had a server list, with a up or down status that you could refresh with a button.

Agreed 10/10

Fuyukai Desu
    tumblr_inline_mkq9inGTYD1ranf0x.jpg
  • Options
    I don´t speak very cool english!!!! Can any say the hour???
  • Options
    xedo01xedo01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Not enough people doing boo daily.... just sayin
  • Options
    pookieryanpookieryan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The Hour is UNKOWN
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    revan06100 wrote: »
    I'm just saying when a company reach a sufficient amount of players, a team should be available to handle any issues 24/7, especially when its international.

And they're currently handling it.

Yeah but they shouldn't have to, this is what i've tried to say before my comment was deleted, with a company that big, there should be another dev team in europe making sure that doesn't happen.

• Options
    pookieryan Tanks man!!!!
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    finishing patch on 8/20 early probably meant they forgot something.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    rodandog wrote: »
    Has always had me wonder how the mods get updates an info so quickly, yet when you try to get game support it takes forever,

During the week we are in contact with the Community Managers. On the weekend it's a bit slower but we were able to contact the European Community Management team and have been getting update from them.

In that regard it is very easy for the developers and staff to give information to a few people to continue to spread that information but it is much slower to answer every single person individually.

In short, we simply have a bit more of a direct communication line on issues which effect all players but can not always replace support to assist in player specific problems. Make sense? :)

Based on the information from our European counterparts it hopefully won't be too much longer but there is no concrete ETA. Sorry but we can only assure you the servers are being worked on frantically and ask for your patience until they come back up.

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I'm just saying when a company reach a sufficient amount of players, a team should be available to handle any issues 24/7, especially when its international.
    I would certainly assume that they do have on-call. But when the platform has been in an outage this long during peak play times (weekends), the ability to rapidly rectify is possibly/probably outside the knowledge-base of the said on-call triage technician(s) and had to be escalated to dev-ops or higher, hence the wait.

I'm a senior escalation PoC (Point of Contact) and it's not like I sit around all weekend waiting for our lv2/3s to call me out of the blue. I'm living my life, so I might need 2 hours just to get home and VPN in to assess the issue(s).
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Well i know whose staing up late tooday <<<<<<< ;)
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It is back online, thanks for sorting it out!
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    And they're currently handling it.

Being aware of a problem, and being able to resolve the problem, are two different things.
    I don't think being aware of the problem constitutes 'handling it'.

• Options
    I´m from BR... i study english, but a little... I can read a little and write a little
  • Options
    sirusleesiruslee Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    rodandog wrote: »
    Has always had me wonder how the mods get updates an info so quickly, yet when you try to get game support it takes forever,

During the week we are in contact with the Community Managers. On the weekend it's a bit slower but we were able to contact the European Community Management team and have been getting update from them.

In that regard it is very easy for the developers and staff to give information to a few people to continue to spread that information but it is much slower to answer every single person individually.

In short, we simply have a bit more of a direct communication line on issues which effect all players but can not always replace support to assist in player specific problems. Make sense? :)

Kind of makes sense.
  • Options
    AvaAva Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »

ROFL - but-tons, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, on, on ,on. This made the server going down worth it. Thank you
    It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently.
    -Goku-
  • Options
    alaskaalaska Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    well on the plus side at least ill have my copy all patched up....
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    11947451_1048239858522203_1991367731982623986_n.jpg?oh=c5056ddb642e7938d642f41d61c4e221&oe=563BFBB7

looks like servers are back

• Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    servers back up ladies.
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    fail snail .. lololol
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    YASSSSSSSSS
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    darksheere wrote: »
    I wish the login screen of the application had a server list, with a up or down status that you could refresh with a button.
    top left of the launcher shows server status

• Options
    godanukisgodanukis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    OH MY OVARIES servers are back the hype
    Fuyukai Desu
    tumblr_inline_mkq9inGTYD1ranf0x.jpg
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I have 2 jobs, and i work the week end as well, so no excuses, anyway that's not the point, nothing is stopping them of hiring a "backup week end team" to make sure things go fine for everyone, at any time.
    But that's a matter of desire and priority, when you want something, you can get it.
    I'm sure hire a second team to backup during week ends shouldn't be that hard.

• Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Why ? do we not live in a democracy ? unallow people to say what they think is called despotism. Plus, i haven't insult or disrespected anybody, just said that other moves could have been made by them that could have avoid this.

Not sure where you live. I live in the US, which is a republic (although it is starting to lean towards the "mob rules" of a democracy). As others have said, though, on these forums such things do not apply.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    @ambisinisterr, @ironzerg79 and @kreatyve .. please relay our thanks to the team for getting the servers back up so quickly... and thanks to you guys for bearing the brunt of the nerdrage.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
This discussion has been closed.