test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Maintenance 8/11 at 6am PDT

Comments

• Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    It might be a directx issue if you are stuck at the loading screen indefinitely. I was having the same problem with Preview and it got solved by inserting "-d3d9" command in the launcher options.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    nebel1990nebel1990 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    On the preview forums when i was having the issue i followed all the steps suggested by Zeb and nothing worked. tried again now with no results
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Are you sure? I thought the command switch is "-d3d11Enable 0" (no quotation marks)
  • Options
    ill give that a try. will post if it works
  • Options
    theace69theace69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    gone midnight for me too so , ill say its another successful faliure
  • Options
    tried the -d3d11Enable 0 command line... no results sadly
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    :( - another thought, not sure if you have already tried it - if you use Arc, try just starting the game without the Arc client. Close Arc completely, go to the client executable (in my case, "...\Neverwinter\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter.exe") and start from there.

I hope it works for you. Sadly, I cannot think of anything else to try
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    -.- well.....
    driver_problem2.jpg

driver_problem.jpg
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Did they mean 5:30 pm pdt 8/12/2015 ?
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    tried restarting my pc still getting the display driver stoped working and restarted error and then game client not responding
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    ninese7enninese7en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here the display driver stop working and game just stuck there.
  • Options
    djinnrandjinnran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm in. just took awhile to load, must be extremem loading times getting it up.
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Server: Up

Launcher crashes!!
  • Options
    djinnrandjinnran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    also the guild strong hold bit, the hot patch is like goin to be freaking forever. 1112 files.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Having the same sort of issues trying to load the game now. Not sure why this is happening, but it's annoying as hell.
  • Options
    thats what she... nvm :P On a more serious note, did you use safe more or the command line?
  • Options
    abjorn85abjorn85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok, we should've expected this based on past events. Not too happy about it myself, but just gotta take it in stride until its fixed.
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    djinnran wrote: »
    also the guild strong hold bit, the hot patch is like goin to be freaking forever. 1112 files.

Same here, stared at 1116 files. 500 sec later I'm still at.... 1114 files :neutral:
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    webbig wrote: »

Launcher crashes!!

Exactly the problem I'm having. The launcher says "Connecting to account server" then just quits after a minute.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The server is still up too like there is nothing wrong -.- This is gonna be beyond a 14 hour patch this go. I seem to recall a little line in the patch notes about crash on startup fix.....well....I wasn't crashing on startup before this patch. Bang up job Cryptic bang up job.
  • Options
    jezabelsragejezabelsrage Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200194/strongholds-issues
    SO... im guessing it's not going to be playable today? Can't log-in and i've tried every possible way. Back to playing War of Immortals on the private server :(
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    webbig wrote: »

Launcher crashes!!

Exactly the problem I'm having. The launcher says "Connecting to account server" then just quits after a minute.

Nevermind. Apparently some genius thought it would be fun to use four API routines from UXTheme.dll (which Windows 2000 doesn't have). Thankfully a long time ago someone made a 2k-compatible version for just such an event.

Now I'm able to get to the login window.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    pekupekuipekupekui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Well the -d3d9 thing worked for me. Now stuck at the strongholds loading. Black screen.
    Beautiful.
  • Options
    jadysvarilojadysvarilo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    It's happy-making time now! :)
  • Options
    d3d9? What is this that everyone is speaking of? It's a cmd right? Where do I need to insert it?
  • Options
    Yes, I'm sure. There might be other ways to do it, but that one worked for me.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    d3d9? What is this that everyone is speaking of? It's a cmd right? Where do I need to insert it?

Launcher options, scroll down, insert the command at the bottom. This is for those having directx issues. I couldn't get past the neverwinter loading screen when connecting to preview until I used this code, I was having the same problem now on live. I put that line in the launcher options and im in the game now.

EDIT: I got in also without it, so I don't know anymore. In any case, giving a try if you're having trouble getting past NW load screen won't do any harm.
  • Options
    bertrandx wrote: »

Launcher options, scroll down, insert the command at the bottom. This is for those having directx issues. I couldn't get past the neverwinter loading screen when connecting to preview until I used this code, I was having the same problem now on live. I put that line in the launcher options and im in the game now.

Thank you I will try that. I went and did a search CMD on my comp just to see if my Dir-x was working and updated and it is with no issues so I know now it's on their end. I will certainly try that and *keeps fingers crossed* it works for me ^_^
  • Options
    massassassin69massassassin69 Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited August 2015
    Why is it not working for me everytime i try to play it, it wont go past the loading screen