test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Maintenance 8/11 at 6am PDT

Comments

• Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    The command is -d3d9, with a minus in front, just to be clear.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    jezabelsragejezabelsrage Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    bertrandx wrote: »
    The command is -d3d9, with a minus in front, just to be clear.

So weird.. it just does not want to work for me :( Guess i'll be waiting a while till things get fixed. Have lots fun-time for me ^_^!
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    here is what I did to fix the issue I was getting which was the display driver stoped responding error

1. I went here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946 used the auto fix it tool.
    it did't solve it so I then did this
    2. I then closed arc went to directory for neverwinter opened the launcher application I then clicked options in top right scrolled down to bottom in command line added -d3d9 launched game it no longer gave the display driver error but game client stoped responding I closed it out and tried to open it again this time I left it running went took a shower came back and was at char select screen and was able to login hope this helps

Edit warning do not tab out once in game the game works I can change char etc but if I tab out or hit alt enter to go into windowed mode it crashes. also if you launch in windowed mode you can't click on anything in game.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    -d3d9 actually worked for me. Took quite a long time to load, but it did. So now to play I have to load in safe mode with -d3d9.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My husband is still unable to get it working on the desktop. My laptop had no issues. :( Nothing we have tried with the desktop has worked at all.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    massassassin69massassassin69 Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > My husband is still unable to get it working on the desktop. My laptop had no issues. :( Nothing we have tried with the desktop has worked at all.

Mine still isnt working on PC im becoming impatient.
  • Options
    lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I already have to verify all files and play in safe mode to not get the endless loading cycle, now the game just plain doesn't load at all. I am tired of having to jump through hoops.
  • Options
    Where do i type -d3d9 at????
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    ..and why should anyone have to???

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I had no trouble getting into the game at all, I hope everyone can get into it soon
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm at the point where *gasp* I think that this is something that Cryptic needs to fix. Though I'm not 100% sure about it, the problem is too widespread for it to be just certain people. I have tried every single solution on here, and still can't get my husband's desktop to get into the game.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Still cant get mine to work
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
  • Options
    rapcx1981rapcx1981 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    What did u do?... O_o...
  • Options
    I cant even get on on safe mode nothing is working for me and ive tried getting ahold of support in several dif ways and nothing
  • Options
    If someone finds a solution Please let me know.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Have you tried launching the game and leaving it for 10+ minutes. helped some players
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    mynaam wrote: »
    Have you tried launching the game and leaving it for 10+ minutes. helped some players

Left it for 20, same **** still going on >.<
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I'm at the point where *gasp* I think that this is something that Cryptic needs to fix. Though I'm not 100% sure about it, the problem is too widespread for it to be just certain people. I have tried every single solution on here, and still can't get my husband's desktop to get into the game.

What model card is in that desktop. I have a theory that slightly dated cards are having the problem, not bad cards per se, but simply a few years old. My info is only on the nvidia cards but those with 8xx models seem to have no problem where those that have had 5xx or worse haven't been able to get in and those in between need a work around. Just a theory from what I've heard about what's going on but.....

• Options
    I found this in other post and works fine for me:
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Just for those who are at their wits end. I tried for 5 hours, everything imaginable to get in game last night. Force verify, safe mode, update graphics drivers, complete reinstall, deleted prefs files, restarted pc, -d3d11 in command line.

Elsewhere on the forums, someone indicated that they were successful with "-d3d11Enable 0" in the command line of the launcher.
    I tried that this morning and finally... here I am in Protector's Enclave. It has also worked for another person in my guild. I am sure a genuine fix will be available as soon as they can figure one out.

I also tried everything.... This solutions works fine for me. Was a little slow to start, but is working :) I hope works for everyone...
  • Options
    Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    rapcx1981 wrote: »
    Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".

This one worked a lot better then -d3d9. At least for me it did.
  • Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    obsiddia wrote: »
    ..and why should anyone have to???

The command line as far as I know is to force directx, so say you have directx11 installed and the game isn't working because of some (I can only imagine) incompatibility issue related to it, you force directx9 by inputting -d3d9. It can be different to others, to me this line worked fine when I had loading screen problems trying to connect to preview.

I agree something must be wrong on Cryptic/PWE's end, I hope everyone can log in to the game sooner or later.

Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I figured I'd give NW another chance, see if they fixed anything. Now I get a BSOD. Uninstalling.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    sasageru wrote: »
    So, this reminds me of the last expansion. Where I waited up until a stupid time locally with work the next day and it still wasnt online, therefore wasting the whole night. Not this time! I'm gonna check back every hour and go from there, figured I wouldnt get to play tonight, I've learnt pessimism when it comes to any planned downtime for NW.

seriously dont waste valuable sleep or work productivity for any game let alone this one
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    This is my first comment ever here, I have been playing this game for one year and its great. Its great when I die far outside damage area when it strucks, its great when I die behind my opponents back when he is swinging his sword in front of him. Its ok! I am not perfect and this game will never be perfect. But I am strongly consider switching to Xbone cause they never have these strange update <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> problems.

thats because pc is the beta testing platform for xbox
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Had so much free time, I installed windows 10. Then spent 3 hours getting my privacy options back to windows7 levels.

Now installing a fresh clean version of Neverwinter.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.