test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Maintenance 8/11 at 6am PDT

Comments

• bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Did they mean 5:30 pm pdt 8/12/2015 ?
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    tried restarting my pc still getting the display driver stoped working and restarted error and then game client not responding
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • ninese7enninese7en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here the display driver stop working and game just stuck there.
  • djinnrandjinnran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm in. just took awhile to load, must be extremem loading times getting it up.
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Server: Up

Launcher crashes!!
  • djinnrandjinnran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    also the guild strong hold bit, the hot patch is like goin to be freaking forever. 1112 files.
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Having the same sort of issues trying to load the game now. Not sure why this is happening, but it's annoying as hell.
  • nebel1990nebel1990 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    thats what she... nvm :P On a more serious note, did you use safe more or the command line?
  • abjorn85abjorn85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok, we should've expected this based on past events. Not too happy about it myself, but just gotta take it in stride until its fixed.
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    djinnran wrote: »
    also the guild strong hold bit, the hot patch is like goin to be freaking forever. 1112 files.

Same here, stared at 1116 files. 500 sec later I'm still at.... 1114 files :neutral:
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    webbig wrote: »

Launcher crashes!!

Exactly the problem I'm having. The launcher says "Connecting to account server" then just quits after a minute.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The server is still up too like there is nothing wrong -.- This is gonna be beyond a 14 hour patch this go. I seem to recall a little line in the patch notes about crash on startup fix.....well....I wasn't crashing on startup before this patch. Bang up job Cryptic bang up job.
  • jezabelsragejezabelsrage Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200194/strongholds-issues
    SO... im guessing it's not going to be playable today? Can't log-in and i've tried every possible way. Back to playing War of Immortals on the private server :(
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    webbig wrote: »

Launcher crashes!!

Exactly the problem I'm having. The launcher says "Connecting to account server" then just quits after a minute.

Nevermind. Apparently some genius thought it would be fun to use four API routines from UXTheme.dll (which Windows 2000 doesn't have). Thankfully a long time ago someone made a 2k-compatible version for just such an event.

Now I'm able to get to the login window.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pekupekuipekupekui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Well the -d3d9 thing worked for me. Now stuck at the strongholds loading. Black screen.
    Beautiful.
  • jadysvarilojadysvarilo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    It's happy-making time now! :)
    d3d9? What is this that everyone is speaking of? It's a cmd right? Where do I need to insert it?
  • bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    Yes, I'm sure. There might be other ways to do it, but that one worked for me.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
    edited August 2015
    d3d9? What is this that everyone is speaking of? It's a cmd right? Where do I need to insert it?

Launcher options, scroll down, insert the command at the bottom. This is for those having directx issues. I couldn't get past the neverwinter loading screen when connecting to preview until I used this code, I was having the same problem now on live. I put that line in the launcher options and im in the game now.

EDIT: I got in also without it, so I don't know anymore. In any case, giving a try if you're having trouble getting past NW load screen won't do any harm.
    bertrandx wrote: »

Launcher options, scroll down, insert the command at the bottom. This is for those having directx issues. I couldn't get past the neverwinter loading screen when connecting to preview until I used this code, I was having the same problem now on live. I put that line in the launcher options and im in the game now.

Thank you I will try that. I went and did a search CMD on my comp just to see if my Dir-x was working and updated and it is with no issues so I know now it's on their end. I will certainly try that and *keeps fingers crossed* it works for me ^_^
  • massassassin69massassassin69 Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited August 2015
    Why is it not working for me everytime i try to play it, it wont go past the loading screen
    The command is -d3d9, with a minus in front, just to be clear.
    bertrandx wrote: »
    The command is -d3d9, with a minus in front, just to be clear.

So weird.. it just does not want to work for me :( Guess i'll be waiting a while till things get fixed. Have lots fun-time for me ^_^!
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    here is what I did to fix the issue I was getting which was the display driver stoped responding error

1. I went here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946 used the auto fix it tool.
    it did't solve it so I then did this
    2. I then closed arc went to directory for neverwinter opened the launcher application I then clicked options in top right scrolled down to bottom in command line added -d3d9 launched game it no longer gave the display driver error but game client stoped responding I closed it out and tried to open it again this time I left it running went took a shower came back and was at char select screen and was able to login hope this helps

Edit warning do not tab out once in game the game works I can change char etc but if I tab out or hit alt enter to go into windowed mode it crashes. also if you launch in windowed mode you can't click on anything in game.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    -d3d9 actually worked for me. Took quite a long time to load, but it did. So now to play I have to load in safe mode with -d3d9.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My husband is still unable to get it working on the desktop. My laptop had no issues. :( Nothing we have tried with the desktop has worked at all.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    > @kreatyve said:
    > My husband is still unable to get it working on the desktop. My laptop had no issues. :( Nothing we have tried with the desktop has worked at all.

Mine still isnt working on PC im becoming impatient.
  • lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I already have to verify all files and play in safe mode to not get the endless loading cycle, now the game just plain doesn't load at all. I am tired of having to jump through hoops.
    Where do i type -d3d9 at????
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Where do i type -d3d9 at????
    ..and why should anyone have to???

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?