test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Introducing the VIP Program

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Lord Neverember has decided to start a VIP Program, which will make your life much easier! Find out more inside: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9492533

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Seriously? Desperate times call for for desperate measures I'm guessing. Count me out though.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    30 days=1,000 zen can claim 30 keys.
    1key=125 zen
    30keys=3,750 zen
    Key coupon is 40% off (?)=2,250 zen.

Just based on that I might consider buying this from time to time.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Rank 3.

Team buff when grouped (All members + VIP players gets +1000HP if below level 65 and +2000HP if above. This stacks for each member with VIP.

Not bad. But. Seriously ?
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    1k zen =500k ad =30 keys. 1 decent drop from box sells for 500k on AH=looks good to me.
    Totally stole that seal for use in the DD Chat room! Thanks!!
    ddfuv.jpg
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So basically, for 5m AD initial investment and then 500k per month after, you can get:

25% discount on WB
    Portable Bank, Mailbox, Teleport, Salvage
    No AH Posting Fees
    Immunity To Injuries
    10% salvage bonus
    a bunch of useless ID scrolls (this is a joke right?)
    3 Delve Keys Per Day Per Character
    10% Increased Rough AD from invoking and Invoke Anywhere
    Group Buff
    15% Bonus AD on events
    1 Enchanted Key (again, PER Character...so 50+ keys in some cases) Per account, sorry.
    Moonstone Mask access
    XP bonus and Profession/Training speed cost bonuses

After being lied to about companions, I hesitate to really jump on board since this could change any second with or without notice...but this seems like a fair deal.
    Post edited by oldbaldyone on
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    1 Enchanted Key (again, PER Character...so 50+ keys in some cases)

That's daily per account, so approximately 30 per month.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Frankly it's pretty sweet. Thanks for making it Zen and not a subscription.

I like all the bonuses. I think I'll use them a lot. Plus it will make me want to log in each day so I can get a free key.

Either way, the price of GMOPs is coming down. Those whales will start undercutting each other and pretty soon we will all benefit from these prices.

How about Guild bank anywhere. By the way, I'm sure the excluded profession XP is leadership, why not just say it.

I already put in an order for more zax.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    So basically, for 5m AD initial investment and then 500k per month after, you can get:
    ...snip...

1 Enchanted Key (again, PER Character...so 50+ keys in some cases)

Pulled this out of your post: the keys are one per ACCOUNT, as clearly stated. Still 30 keys a month.

• Options
    -Deko--Deko- Member Posts: 10 Arc User

As far as i can see, the 500k per month after, is not needed. For the initial 5m ad, you should get about 360 days of VIP.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I stand corrected. L2Read Oldbaldyone.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Here come the whiners.

And all of you who suggested a subscription ability: put up or shut up. Seriously, this is all good for everyone: Studios makes money, game stays alive, we get to keep playing.

And remember: most subscription models are $15 U.S. a month. This is an excellent deal for those actually willing to pay for a subscription. If you buy six months worth that's $51 with this setup, "Regular" sub at $15 would be $90 for the same period.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I like it. There's some nice items in there (enchanted keys/dungeon keys), plus the ability to teleport to the Moonstone mask, bring up the world map, portal mail and bank access...that's really cool.

The 6 month option works out to $8.50/month...that's like one spicy chicken sandwich combo with waffle fries from Chik-Fil-A...and heck, if you want a burrito with gauc at Chipotle, that's going to cost you $13.

For a game I play all the time, I'm happy to throw a few more bucks at it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    This program was semi-leaked a little while back and general consensus was positive hinging on the price point, which has turned out to be quite reasonable.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    so please prevent that farmers create thousands of accounts just so they can open thousands of lockboxes ! NOBODY or even thought about it OR are counting on it?
  • Options
    relkindx wrote: »
    By the way, I'm sure the excluded profession XP is leadership, why not just say it.

Actually, the levelling system in Alchemy is such that an XP bonus kind of breaks the profession itself, and Black Ice Shaping is also designed around completing specific tasks to gain a level's worth of XP at once, rather than cumulatively.

So while Leadership *might* be excluded in the name of balance, Alchemy and Black Ice Shaping almost certainly will be in the name of not structurally breaking them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    pantherwitch4982pantherwitch4982 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Ok, prices are reasonable considering the 30 free keys you get per month. However, one of the things I see that could cause some serious confusion and angst is that the Heroes of the North pack has "VIP game access" as one of the rewards. When some players see that and purchase it, then don't get at least one month worth of the VIP system this part is announcing, there is going to be a huge gripe fest. (Yes, I know it is already spelled out there, I'm just pointing out where an issue is likely to lay. This is the internet, after all.)
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    truckula wrote: »
    1k zen =500k ad =30 keys. 1 decent drop from box sells for 500k on AH=looks good to me.
    Totally stole that seal for use in the DD Chat room! Thanks!!
    ... only that this one decent drop will be worth 50k or even less, since everyone will be buying VIP to get keys.

I gathered over 80 keys for the new lockboxes coming with Strongholds, but i better start opening lockboxes and selling items right now... prices for lockbox items will go down the drain with VIP.

And good luck with getting even 1k ZEN per months through ZAX with VIP...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Is there no way to buy 9 or 12 months in a row? Maybe 9 is not that cool, but a one year subscription would be amazing.

Could you think about adding the one year subscription please?

• Options
    meandharpuameandharpua Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just for the keys, this is worth it from the start. However as items from lockboxes become more and more common, the prices of everything will drop significantly. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. Now if a certain level of subscription would bring back the leadership in the gateway, that would be nice.

All in all, I think this is a better idea than some of the others I have seen. We will see how it plays out.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ok, prices are reasonable considering the 30 free keys you get per month. However, one of the things I see that could cause some serious confusion and angst is that the Heroes of the North pack has "VIP game access" as one of the rewards. When some players see that and purchase it, then don't get at least one month worth of the VIP system this part is announcing, there is going to be a huge gripe fest. (Yes, I know it is already spelled out there, I'm just pointing out where an issue is likely to lay. This is the internet, after all.)

VIP Accesss only puts you at the front of the queue, which was only an issue at launch. VIP "Program" is a different monsters, which I really don;t think should be confusing to any one. //justathought

Edit to clarify" I am referring to the login queue when signing into the game.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    nisckis wrote: »
    Is there no way to buy 9 or 12 months in a row? Maybe 9 is not that cool, but a one year subscription would be amazing.

I think should be able to do this by buying the 3 month pack plus 6 month pack, or 2 6 month packs. And it's technically not a subscription.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    I hope the Bank summon, Anvil summon, Signpost summon, and Moonstone Mask recall are on a 'hotbar' somewhere, and NOT BELT ITEMS. =/

Having all of those in my bag, and needing to swap them to my belt to use them would be infuriating and would negate any purchase benefits.

So, add them under the topbar and I'll prolly get 12 months of vip. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Well it looks like I found what my gaming budget this month is going towards! :)

The perk that, for quality of life, really stands out to me is Immunity to Injuries...

Oh phatty heck ya!

Atrapitis.gif

Not any more General Ackbar, not any more! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    nisckis wrote: »

I think should be able to do this by buying the 3 month pack plus 6 month pack, or 2 6 month packs. And it's technically not a subscription.

Sorry, I meant a pack of 12 months for something like 9000 or 9500 zens.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    You've narrowed our possibility to make AD and now you're charging us VIP fees to increase our AD income? That is low, but in tone with the previous RP and XP changes, so what the heII am I expecting, really?
    All these VIP XP/AD/Glory/Professions XP bonuses create a scary precedent. They'll nerf everything and have us pay so we can basically get the same thing we used to get for free, just a few patches ago.

The Wondrous Bazaar discount should be for everyone - we've been asking for this for years, and now you're making it available only for paying players? Again, low! How about you give VIP players a discount in the Zen Store, like other games do, and I know this might seem crazy, but did you ever think that if you lower the prices, people would be more inclined to spend money?

Do I even have to say anything about ID Scrolls? Is it the 1st of April? WTF kid of VIP reward is that?

The pricing seems great, which is something I wouldn't have expected.
    Considering the state of the game, though, I'm really not interested in being a VIP anytime soon.

I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well DD has been stockpiling all those lockboxes for the last couple of years, so we have some from wayyyyy back in the day, which might yield up some more expensive items on the AH. Last time I looked we have over 2k boxes in the guild vault, including black earth, feywild, and a half a dozen others.
    Post edited by truckula on
    ddfuv.jpg
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I had concerns about this in the rumor stage. They were unfounded. Everything appears to be time saving or other convenience items and fortunately not stat and other advantage boosts. This was actually well thought out and executed.