test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: Underdark Coming in 2015

Comments

• jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    will we know the date of release before hand? if so would it drastically increase Zen/AD X? If so wouldnt it be a financially prudent move to buy up zen right before the release?.

Once it gets closer to release they will finalize a date. But you dont need to worry, its still a long way out. Expect Mod7 Strongholds to be sometime in August. We most likely wont see Underdark until around November.

i expect Mod 8 in August. They have been working with the pen and paper seasons of D and D adventure league. That new season starts after GenCon and features Drizzt.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    After class balance what I want to see more than anything for Underdark, Is explorable dungeons NOT linear progressing dungeons.

Go grab the Under Mountain boxed set and have a look at that dungeon map. Give me that map with random and triggered encounters and I will be pretty happy.

Almost all dungeons should follow that system, linear is ok for some dungeons but not for most.
    GF - Sigh
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    THis is assuming the servers will be back up by then.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I am really excited about the Underdark release! ...but there was a reasonable suggestion up there:
    Have your mods play through, god mode off, average player IL, all the way to max level,
    Yes! Please take an average item level character and play through the content before the release! I would imagine that you guys do this... do you? If not I would only charge $20 a day to play through it and take detailed notes on what was/wasn't working right... ; ) And don't let all the hate for mod 6 get you down, we are all playing the heck out of this game still, so if the new material happens to be as awesome as I hope it is there will have to be 3000 instances in Protectors Enclave! Keep up the good work! :)
    -Liela Selonas
    (Reverus)
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I was excited when Mod 3 came out, even MORE excited when 4 came out, darn near wet my pants when Mod 5 came out, could not sleep a wink until Mod 6 came out.. and if Mods 7 and 8 are to continue with the Mod 6 approach, I will be knocking things over to get to the "UNINSTALL" button.
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Agreed. These aren't launching next week, or even next month.

I think what was laid out is what can be expect this year. Strongholds in August and Underdark in November would be my prediction. And the next 6 weeks are focused on ironing out Module 6.

This would be my prediction also. The patterns are so obvious people aren;t seeing them as the forest through the trees. And I concur about there being no reason to troll (or otherwise even complain) about things in this thread.

@VCryptic: great news - and thank you for announcing it so early. Everything is always such a mystery until the last minute (and I can understand why, generally=speaking). This is a refreshing change; shining a glimmer of light on the long path ahead.

And for all those complaining about things: aren't you among those proclaiming they do not communicate enough? Well, having cake and eating it, too isn;t a constitutional right. ;)
    The game has been less fun for me since IWD than before. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving feedback about that and it certainly isn't trolling. The latest damage/hitpoint balance changes suck. The gating of content has sucked. I want the Underdark and I want it to be fun like the game was earlier. It doesn't need to be that early game, but it does need to learn from some pretty bad mistakes made of the last couple of updates.

So yeah, bring on the Underdark, but do it thoughtfully.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    On what do you base that assertion?
  • zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    maybe he did some adding up

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195097/stronghold-pve-structures

page 2 - scroll down til u see the numbers
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Given how bad the mod 6 and 7 launches have been, how about holding off on this until 2017 and actually listening to the player base, fixing longstanding, well-reported bugs, giving us back the old dungeons we've all been asking for since the mod 6 launch, doing some actual class balancing in pvp and pve instead of just nerfing HRs......?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    They can't. Mod 7 is the "supported by WotC" release. They have licensing issues to consider.

Their timetable is, essentially, out of their hands.
    The number of required vigilance quests is being halved.
  • kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    can mod 8 just be fixing problems from all the previous mods, cause this waiting for mod 7 to be fixed is pathetic, and there is no update on when we can expect to play neverwinter again
    Aside from, you know, the update that they just posted.

And, again: Mod 8 is something they are required to provide due to licensing. It's part of WotC's latest D&D campaign event (like Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil); failing to get on board when the licenser is saying "Hey, we have this event" is not a legitimate option.
  • soulidensouliden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Figured I'd pass along some news I read today...

The recent issue of Dragon+ that came out for Android, has a article in it about how the rage of demons storyline will be added among the different media, which it talks about neverwinter. Snippet from the article "The sprawling Neverwinter MMORPG will naturally play a big role in the bringing it to life, as an update takes adventurers to the drow city of Menzoberranzan during it's demonic assault, including a unique set of quests written by Drizzt creator R.A. Salvatore. We'll have plenty more on that expansion which is tentatively titled Neverwinter: Underdark next issue. " it brings up the rage storylines in sword coast legends as well, with a release date for it in sept, while underdark is only mention as coming late 2015.

I'm really shocked that were going to Menzo, didn't think we ever would, figured it be off drow city or simply a underdark area created for the game. I'm really excited by this news.
    WotC is trying to fully leverage their most popular intellectual property lately. They're throwing the big names around, trying to reclaim the glory days. Of course Underdark related content is going to use Menzoberranzan.
  • lollernoob1000lollernoob1000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hey, with underdark would you break out a few varied Drow armors and fashion? :P Its been a big thing on rpers list, and might bring some back, along with your difficulty changes.
  • lollernoob1000lollernoob1000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Also have you Devs played the game "Fate" ? I love the way it handles an underdark like environment. If you like random procs, why not try a dungeon that randomly generates when the party enters.... Im not a computer programmer tho so I cannot suggest anything helpful
    Underdark should be all Illithid all the time. BAM! MIND BLAST! Left and right! No one's brains shall survive! New Illithid armor transmutes! Illithid headgear! NEW PSION CONTROLLER CLASS!

I mean, I don't generally play alts, but if they introduced a psion, I mean, I'd practically have to! (Definitely 100% not happening)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    My prediction for Underdark is there will be new armor that will incorporate the art that was originally seen for the "Drow" equipment sets that never actually happened. Waste not, want not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Well, I don't know enough about WotC's "Rage of Demons" event to say a whole lot, but yeah: Menzoberranzan is part of the plot, so drow will play a heavy role I imagine.

And my precious Illithids will likely be ignored :( Well there might be an Illithid sidequest or NPC or something like that. There's been events where Illithids trade with drow, or capture drow, or war with drow, or are raided by drow.
  • soulidensouliden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Rage of Demons is pretty much drow mage Gromph accidentally unleashes abunch of demi-god demons into the underdark and the lands above are wanting to put a stop to it early rather than later, before they come up and destroy them.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Really?
    What about the issues from Elemental Evil and Strongholds?
    Only small patches until Underdark is released with no real bug fixes and updates?
    Because, that is what happened after Strongholds was "coming"...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    How i imagine it - Another WoD with daily tasks and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of heroic ecounters, nothing to see here...
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Sounds great, but I would really like before any new Mods all the glitches and problems sorted so the games running as smooth as humanly possible.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Seriously. Major, longstanding bugs should be fixed before new material is released. Fixe the elven battle vs. thorned roots bug. Fix the broken BID instances so people can get their IWD artifact coffers. Balance the classes so that SWs and HRs can effectively fight anything else on the same gear level. Bring back the old dungeons we've been clamoring for since the mod 6 release. Make epic dungeons winnable at the minimum gear level without exploits. Stop ignoring the player base to get short-term new players and maybe the player base will stop deserting.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    This game should do itself a favor and ignore any and all posts made about or for PVP as the game mode is pretty dead and has always been poorly implemented. You do not make any money doing pvp and the general mentality of the average pvp player is so poor that none of them will be able to maintain a healthy relationship with the quality guilds doing strongholds. PVP players hate PVE content and the new Strongholds pvp mode is just that. Talk about shooting ones own foot.
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    So lets see. There's Orcus with the undead mind flayers, I got a glimpse of Demogorgon, and of course there's our boy-toy Drizzt being sociopathy.
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Was that Bathomet at the beginning as well (minotaur demon)?
    Could be.

Rage of Demons sounds pretty golden on multiple levels, but will the Neverwinter implementation live up to it? I'm skepetical!