test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the XP adjustment.

deejitdeejit Member Posts: 11
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I swear when I logged out of my level 69 last night it said "240k xp to level 70" but now it reads "480k to level 70" So this "double xp" basically does nothing? Am I literally too tired and I indeed need the same xp as I did before the patch or have they doubled the amount needed to take getting to 70 more frustrating?

"XP given, current XP and overflow XP has been adjusted at levels 61+ so that it is more rewarding to do at level content."

I'll assume this is why.. Okay so what "At Level Content" do I do to get to 70 now? It better not be just vigilance quests because I've stomached as much of that as I can take.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    You could probably run the dailies in either Sharandar or the Dread Ring, as they are over level 69 content, and get the more rewarding xp. But that is really only a guess.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    70 is now 1.785 million.

I am hoping that the rewards and mobs have had their XP increased equally.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    So.... the current XP on my level 68 Paladin is now... 5,100,703? And I need 463,997 to reach level 69? Are you serious?

What the hell was the justification for that?

Even with increased rewards AND double XP... it is going to take DAYS to get to 70 now... when it was possible for me to hit it tonight.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    The vigilance quests also offer double the previous amount of XP--which with double XP in place is actually 4x the XP.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • deejitdeejit Member Posts: 11
    I knew it.. Sighhhhhhhhh. Thank you for the response.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Well, that'd put it in line with level appropriate quests, tbh. It's repetitive, yes, but...not terribly different from the old leveling paradigm (e.g. do quests in a section, move on to the next section, lather rinse and repeat)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    Increasing the cost of everything while increasing the pay of all employees... is not really doing anything.

People talk all the time about how much someone can make by working in Alaska... and if they work there for 6 months they will be set. What they do not tell you is that every thing costs a lot more than anywhere else.

Talking about increasing the exp value of things... to balance them out better than the current situation... one would increase just the rewards and not the total needed to level. Right now... it is as if Cryptic did nothing.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    It is probably aimed at reducing the rewards from post-70 progression, for people who just invoke across many alts, instead of actively playing them...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    So punish the rest of the playerbase for it? They could have just "fixed" that issue instead of fixing things that did not need fixing.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'd wager 99% of the lag would go away if they'd just simplify things, instead of making these convoluted changes and adding more zeros to everything. :-/

"For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction."
    "Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora."

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    Well, that'd put it in line with level appropriate quests, tbh. It's repetitive, yes, but...not terribly different from the old leveling paradigm (e.g. do quests in a section, move on to the next section, lather rinse and repeat)
    It is nothing like levelling 0-60. There you actually have a story and a logical quest progression; Post 60 you just have a mindless grindathon. Making one of the most hated aspects of Mod 6 even more unpleasant and time-consuming is just plain stupid IMO.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They should've JUST left everything as was.. they completely ignored player feedback on this.

good grief.
  • titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    from lvl 68 to 69 with 1/4 bar filled is 590k exp needed.
    silverkelt wrote: »
    They should've JUST left everything as was.. they completely ignored player feedback on this.

good grief.

As usual.

There is a definite disconnect somewhere in the communication between players and devs.

Of course, they could be dismissing what's being said as simply "disgruntled players", but honestly, half the reason I joined this game was so that I could build Foundries (which haven't been touched in 3 mods) and the D&D logo plastered all over the thing.

Like PT Barnum said....
    header.png
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    And here I thought they were going to reduce XP needed in post-60 content. Silly me...As always Cryptic fix what ain't broke FFS.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    Well... it is actually worded very ambiguously to allow for whatever they decided. What they did was nothing.

They placated us by raising the exp that was awarded after it was nerfed when M6 hit. Then took it back by raising the exp requirements for everyone.

I just don't understand why they would bother to do anything... if in essence they essentially have set the exact same issue with their "correction".

Does anyone know what the definition for Insanity is?`
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Well... it is actually worded very ambiguously to allow for whatever they decided. What they did was nothing.

They placated us by raising the exp that was awarded after it was nerfed when M6 hit. Then took it back by raising the exp requirements for everyone.

I just don't understand why they would bother to do anything... if in essence they essentially have set the exact same issue with their "correction".

Does anyone know what the definition for Insanity is?`

Things are further blurred by the fact that they have ninja-bestowed a 2xXP weekend on us (I wonder if that was the "super secret special surprise"). I'm getting just over 3k XP from the dailies in DR, so that tells me that they aren't giving us more XP for anything, just made the amount of XP to fake-level extraordinarily high.

But whatever. I'm already up to Rank 4 on all the powers I use, so the chance at power points is moot... and I've almost never gotten anything really cool from fake-leveling, so that gives me a 2xMoot weekend.

I do think that the team needs to just STOP and take a look at the big picture. Adding zeros to the end of numbers to make even bigger numbers isn't the way to do this. They seriously need to stop "fixing" things that aren't broken and focus on existing bugs and exploits. Yes, I know that everyone is working on getting Strongholds and the Underdark <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ready for release, but someone needs to go in and streamline the code.. get it all properly commented and organized.

There needs to be a clear and logical plan drawn up on a whiteboard somewhere with an actual project manager to ensure tasks are getting done correctly and in a timely manner, so things aren't (to use strum's word): "forgotten". I think it's great that Salvatore will be helping to write quests for the Underdark mod, but what about all the other loose ends that are kicking around in the game... like IWD... that map is WIDE open and plenty of room for more zones. What about Vellosk? We were there for what... a day?

I've said this a million times: this game has the potential to really break free from the stereotypes and raise the bar for MMOs everywhere, but it seems that complacency and a lack of imagination are the status quo, which is very sad.
    header.png
    We all feel that there is HUGE potential here... but something in the water keeps the powers that be from pulling the trigger on that potential. I have seen this with clients who were afraid of the changes... because they are worried that things would be different.

They keep their mouth closed out of fear. Managers do the same stuff and ignore out of the box thinking. Out of the box thinking is scary because it upsets the apple cart.

To achieve greatness one must risk everything... even in the face of failure. Unless one learns from their failure there is very little growth.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    We all feel that there is HUGE potential here... but something in the water keeps the powers that be from pulling the trigger on that potential. I have seen this with clients who were afraid of the changes... because they are worried that things would be different.

They keep their mouth closed out of fear. Managers do the same stuff and ignore out of the box thinking. Out of the box thinking is scary because it upsets the apple cart.

To achieve greatness one must risk everything... even in the face of failure. Unless one learns from their failure there is very little growth.

thomas-edison.jpg
    header.png
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    People who hit max level multiple times will not stay in game as long due to losing interest...if they stay in game longer they will most likely spend more ZEN...it could be looked at as a win for Cryptic cash flow wise.
    I dunno. Personally it made me not want to spend money. I'm still deciding whether I want to drop more $. I don't want to buy nice things if the leveling till I can do the end Game dungeons takes so long. I so much want to love this game and I do.. But I mean it's getting silly.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Just in case anyone is curious, getting an XP overflow reward requires that you earn enough XP to go from level 1 to approximately level 66 each time. It may be they increased the reward from that box, but the one I got earlier gave me 2 R5s, so I'm not particularly impressed if so.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wait... 2 rank 5s?

It had been giving 5 rank 5s.

Edit because typo
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ireneadl3rireneadl3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is curious, getting an XP overflow reward requires that you earn enough XP to go from level 1 to approximately level 66 each time. It may be they increased the reward from that box, but the one I got earlier gave me 2 R5s, so I'm not particularly impressed if so.
    I've gotten Rank 5s as well, and they're really an early Christmas present compared to Character-BOUND Tomes Of Companion experience! =_= It will take me at least a week to get my next overflow reward, and if all I get is more of those worthless tomes, I'm going to take the time out of my day to leave a review of the game on Steam. Guess three times what the tone of that review will be.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    meh.. ive never spent a dime on any game until I hit level cap.. thats been like twenty something years now
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    It's lame, pure and simple. I needed 1 bubble of exp to get an extra power point and normally 3 quests would have done it. Now, even with 2X exp it barely budged it. I really hate to say it but if they don't revert this I can't deal with it anymore. This is beyond poor design.
    I would rather this was P2P... I may head to DDO... if it still exists.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    The extra exp requirement is disguised behind the current 2x exp event as soon as it fades away players will be raging at the time it takes to get from 60-70 and how much it takes to get overflow levels.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Held my tongue to see how it goes. At first blush this looked discouraging and now that I have had a chance to test it out I can confirm it is terrible. With each patch I see more of my friends leave this game and it is very disappointing. A big part of the game is the social interaction and what used to be fun group play. I would be stunned to learn that any of these current developers actually play or enjoy this game. The disconnect is incredible.
  • twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Another major change to game play in a maintenance patch. Have to give them credit though, the vaguely mentioned change to XP requirements post 61 and giving us 2XP for a few days after the patch seems to have blinded a large part of the community as to what has happened. I really didn't notice until I tried leveling an alt CW toon I had yesterday and realized it was leveling at the same pace as it normally would post patch without 2XP going on.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on