Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Stat Changes

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    The problem is the new ratio between stuff that gives flat percentages and stuff that gives stat ratings. As you laid out, the crit chance from feats and ability scores will be like 80%+ of your crit in Mod6, compared to 60% in Mod5. That's a balancing problem.

Other examples are the amount of LifeSteal a HR can get and the amount of Deflect a TR can get. These things are still balanced according to the old stat curve.

Yes ofc but TR have no figther recovery.
    w/o tank and healer they are dead meat in dungeons .
    The maximum LS what TRs can have is 13% its not soo much.

Ofc HR melee can still have huge LS % but he dont have such big DPS .

I think and if you think about those stat change mybe you will be happy .
    I think classes will be restored to they oroginal state / balance.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the only thing i can come up with is keeping the new curves while changing enchantments to give a flat % bonus to make all enchantments worth something.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So far I and my guildies are loving the changes. GFs and Healers (DC/SW) are back in use and, overall, the game now encourages more teamwork in all parts. Even geared players have to cooperate.

The only things I would ask for is a major gear state do-over. There are many sets that are just useless in all situations (GF Dread Legion is a prime example). If some of the stats are moved around (not buffed, just moved around) it will make for a better time.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    weyasago123weyasago123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the changes are great. I think this is all what we have asking for. The difference between people who have rank 10s and rank 7s has significantly decreased and we have to be on our toes again. At least with this change will be forced to think rather than just smashing buttons. DCs will now have to heal, GFs should learn to effectively manage aggro, CWs will have to learn not to over commit else they will be flooded with mobs, TRs will be needed to take down a huge enemy, and many more. This is exciting stuff. Can't wait.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug:
    I'm getting full regeneration ticks even at >50% HP.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's not a bug, that's a change they announced.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    full rank 10 movement speed with 2000 movement points is about 2.5% more speed. wow.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    lv 70 stats curves from GWF perspective:

so i have no idea how GWF ill be able to survive in m6

my DR droped from 50% to 18%

dmg bonus from 15k power droped from 90% to 32%

crit chance from 35% to 12%

36% deflect to 18% deflect chance

3200ls with tod 3/3 ls boon gave me 23% ls chance but at lv 70 it droped to 7,2% (yes 3200 ls give u around 2% chance)

so i really dont find a place for GWF in mod 6 the class that has lowest base dmg now another nerf to dmg gain from power/crit chance, no regen/ls survaviblity is probly at 0 a class thats forced to facetank DMG is not supposed to have that low defensive abilites and deal like no dmg as primary striker

please keep in mind, that as far as the new Game is Concerned, You are not end game yet. you are about as good as a lvl 50 trying to run lvl 60 end game content right now.

Also I do not believe they fixed the Stats on the Armor to reflect new changes yet.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys, the stat curves are getting a second balancing pass. As a general rule of thumb now at level 70 all of your stats should be more competitive against each other.

As a soft rule, 400 Points in any stat is worth 1% of whatever it does (Deflect Rating into Deflect Chance for example).

Additionally, we are buffing the Cooldown Reduction portion of recovery to make it fall more in line with what its expected performance should be. Every 200 points will generate 1% shorter cooldowns (keep in mind that 100% CDR actually cuts your cooldowns in half).

I don't know yet when these changes will hit preview, but they should make statting a much simpler thing to do going forward.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys, the stat curves are getting a second balancing pass. As a general rule of thumb now at level 70 all of your stats should be more competitive against each other.

As a soft rule, 400 Points in any stat is worth 1% of whatever it does (Deflect Rating into Deflect Chance for example).

Additionally, we are buffing the Cooldown Reduction portion of recovery to make it fall more in line with what its expected performance should be. Every 200 points will generate 1% shorter cooldowns (keep in mind that 100% CDR actually cuts your cooldowns in half).

I don't know yet when these changes will hit preview, but they should make statting a much simpler thing to do going forward.

Amen brother, right now the stat forecasts look reallllly grim lol but any word about when the Gear Sets will have the updated stats?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Have you considered the possibility to give enchants a flat percentile boost?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Have you considered the possibility to give enchants a flat percentile boost?

they also need to better clarify when those % are in crease of the Stat point value or the effective %

Such as there was a Passive Feat that increased Armor Pen stat by x %, but it was % based on current Armor Pen stat, which would mean useless if your stats were not 3k+ (I think they since changed this, but the wording is still confusing)

Such as the FInal 3 Dragon Boons, Lifesteal % is a DIrect % increase of the chance to Proc Lifesteal. Cryptic needs to make these % increases Visible on the character sheet too, when I chose the lifesteal increase on live server, I was unable to "see" an actual Number change on any of my stats on character sheet. leaves you with more questions and less satisfaction lol
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As lifesteal stands now, I don't see anyone ever beating Tiamat again.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

As it stands now there is no reason to choose Defense over HP in any situation. Even with the above announcement that 400 defense will equal 1% DR (before it was 393.5, so that would actually be worse), it is still just vastly inferior to HP.

Here's the math:

Let's say I have 50,000 HP, and 0 Defense. If I add 100 Defense, my effective HP becomes 50,000/(1-1/400) = 50,125. Alternatively, I can add 400 HP and make my effective HP 50,400. Which is quite a bit better an effective HP than if I had added defense. The value of HP is so much higher, in fact, that the break-even point is 159,600. That is, If I had 159,600 HP then adding 100 defense will be equivalent to adding 400 HP in terms of effective HP. So people should only stack HP up to that point before they even consider adding defense.

Now I understand that the goal is to prevent characters, especially non-tanks, from becoming too tanky. But defense needs to be made somewhat competitive with HP, especially for classes that are supposed to be more durable. I think at a minimum you need to give GF's, Guardian OP's, and GWF's better defense curves than you give to CW's, SW's, TR's, and DC's. My CW should need to hide behind a tank to stay safe. But there's really no way for a GF to get the durability they need to do their job properly with the slope of the Defense Curve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015

thank you for the update. I dont necessarily agree with the blanket 400 pts = 1% as I agreed with your previous system where stats like Crit and lifesteal had much higher "entry requirements". I believe those stats *should* be harder to stack than power and defense. What I would have changed in your formula is the %. 400 pts = 1.5% for power.. 900 pts = 1.5% lifesteal .. etc.

I agree with another poster who says "PLEASE UPDATE OUR GEAR" on preview - because alot of the whining and QQing is because people are looking at their stats in their current unmodified gear and being underwhelmed. I can see my Swashbuckling gear on the collections page HAS changed - but I cannot get that gear in my current inventory on preview (without spending a fair bit of AD on Live)
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PLEASE UPDATE OUR GEAR

And give us 4/4 bonuses that compare to HP and HV, or we'll be staying in the same gear. I'm already wishing there was a way to play without gaining levels.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually like the idea of the increase in each stat being relatively consistent. Now I can ask myself, "What has a bigger impact on my build? 1% more power or 1% more critical strike?" and build accordingly, instead of having to do a second layer of math to figure out the impact and then the point cost.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The 69% damage bonus I get from power @ 11,497 Will now require 27,600 power for the same damage?

I hope the increased weapon damage makes up for it.

My spirit is broken again. Just like last mod. I've lost all desire to play on live or preview.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Also as a minor update we are updating Great Weapon Fighter weapon damage to be roughly 20% higher. This should hit at the same time as updated stat curves.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Also as a minor update we are updating Great Weapon Fighter weapon damage to be roughly 20% higher. This should hit at the same time as updated stat curves.

can SW has too plz >_<
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Well that's good news. Praise bejesus.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Boy that's a lot. Was already liking the new AoE capabilities, PVE GWFs should be beasting again.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That's great news. Now please, do something about threat generation of Sentinel GWF. Paladin has taken away our secondary tank role with his many aoe and single target hard taunts.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    great news but there is still problem with GWF survaviblity in m6 due to no regen and lack of LS

I second this. With the damage increase GWF will be where it should be dps wise but there's still the issue of survivability, threat generation and utility. For example, even tank Paladin retains some of his heals that are more than enough for self sustain and his threat generation, taunts and the many buffs are insane. Our Battle Fury is not enough for utility, restoring strike is too dependant on damage dealt to be of any use for survivability and our somewhat 200% threat generation is not enough to steal aggro from pure dps classes and save them from getting killed.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Crush, I BEG you to re-evaluate this. GWFs dont just need "20% more weapon damage" because this drastically impacts ALL forms of damage. What GWFs REALLY need are stronger AT WILLS.

The more and more you keep buffing other sources of damage just means you will see GWFs doing 100k IBS. then youll nerf damage and constantly playing wack-a-mole.

Now if you want to make GWFs more balanced what you really need to do is start looking at at wills.

1) REMOVE the damage penalty during unstoppable for at wills (this now becomes a DPS boost)
    2) Increase the damage of AT WILLS - Sure Strike should have the same "code" as Crushing Surge for damage. Thus Sure Strike should hit MUCH harder (due to increased weapon damage) over the GFs at will. Reaping Strike, Weapon Master Strike should all be beefed up.
    3) Remove the damage loss on multiple targets on AoE At Wills.

THAT will bring GWFs much more in line. Buffing ALL damage will just turn a GWF into an OP damage machine. Buffing SOME of his damage abilities (at wills) removes the "1 shots" in PVE and PVP but gives them adequate damage.

Why does a lvl 1 HR's at will hit harder than a GWFs? Just shows you its not balanced....
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "great news but there is still problem with GWF survaviblity in m6 due to no regen and lack of LS" - teribad15
    zvieris wrote: »
    I second this.

This too has been addressed and a solution given.

DOUBLE to TRIPLE the amount of TEMP HP GWFs get on unstoppable and give that HP AFTER unstoppable ends. Problem solved.

Now that Temp HP counts TOWARDS building determination after youve popped it once. So yes itll still be a pain to get down to 60-65% HP to use unstoppable. But once you do, youll get a nice Temp HP buffer AFTER unstoppable ends, which makes your next unstoppable much much faster....
This discussion has been closed.