test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    so, i didn't pay too much attention to more recent posts...has anyone posted some optimal mount insignia combos for this particular type of CW build?​​
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

so, i didn't pay too much attention to more recent posts...has anyone posted some optimal mount insignia combos for this particular type of CW build?​​

Not as far as I have seen. I run with active companion and protectors camaraderie/friendship. This will boost your power/def for 3%/1%, stacking 4 times, so 16% in total.

Furthermore the run speed bonus and the ones, that boost your stat, when you use your artefact/ mount power. For the last one you will need a leg. mount.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Yeah, Gladiator's Guile is a great 15% speed buff. I also use Wanderer's Fortune, as it seems to proc a lot, and I end up with lots of extra RP stones in my inventory.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User

Yeah, Gladiator's Guile is a great 15% speed buff. I also use Wanderer's Fortune, as it seems to proc a lot, and I end up with lots of extra RP stones in my inventory.

Sorry man, but i asked you if lifesteal is still good considering the mounts and healing, but its on bottom of page before maybe you didnt see it!
    So should i switch to something else my defense slots?
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    solbergx said:

Sorry man, but i asked you if lifesteal is still good considering the mounts and healing, but its on bottom of page before maybe you didnt see it!
    So should i switch to something else my defense slots?
    With decent gear, you survive everything except one hits via life steal. The mount healing is insignificant in PvE. Adds hit either for 60k or 600k. Either way mount heal over time is of no use.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I agree. I still have a nice bit of lifesteal on my gear. I think the mount healing is unreliable and unremarkable at best, and prefer to keep other bonuses on my mount, and stick with lifesteal.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Question about the discussion about the belts. ( greater owl bear vs valindra ). Is there a +4 CHA belt that could be viable ? I'm using valindra at legendary now, but I'm not too crazy about it
    recommendations for maze engine boons, specially the 3rd and 4th
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

I agree. I still have a nice bit of lifesteal on my gear. I think the mount healing is unreliable and unremarkable at best, and prefer to keep other bonuses on my mount, and stick with lifesteal.

Idk, I've got the .5% health on crit and it's very reliable. That being said I'm mostly using it because I don't want to spend any AD/zen on more mounts and it was free.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • hermione#7016 hermione Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Not sure if it makes much difference but is it best to cast ST before OF or vise Versa, or cast ST during OF
    You'll need to potentially verify this, but I think you'll want to lead with OF and then go into ST ( I usually sink IT before ST because of animation time, though ). I believe OF has a daze effect it applies instantly when cast. Giving you room to lead into ST and take less dmg. I normally lead with CoI for chill before anything above, unless suddenly surrounded
    ^ good suggestion
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    When you are geared and speced right, you will kill most mob groups with just IT then ST or OF. What I try to do is make sure I have chill on as many mobs as possible before unleashing ST or OF. If you really want to push the dps, and clear as fast as possible, you try to "attract" multiple mob groups to converge on a single point. In CN for example, you can come up on a spread of lets say three mob groups, so you COI the furthest group, shift through the first, lay down IT, and then when they converge hit ST or OF. I usually do not need to hit both ST and OF. I actually like to have them separated instead of back to back, as it allows for more even flow of unleashing hell. As to what is best first? ALways have chill on your groups, and ST ideally would come before OF to have arcane stacks higher for the higher hiting AOE that OF is. But again, I prefer to keep them separated so that I always have one or the other up when needed.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    right now, I'm using lightfoot thief (summoned (legendary)), blink dog, intellect devourer, and earth & air archons. I see a lot of people using fire archon, I'm assuming this is because of the 3 offense slots. if I was going to use fire archon as summoned, which of the others would be the best to swap out for it?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User

right now, I'm using lightfoot thief (summoned (legendary)), blink dog, intellect devourer, and earth & air archons. I see a lot of people using fire archon, I'm assuming this is because of the 3 offense slots. if I was going to use fire archon as summoned, which of the others would be the best to swap out for it?

To be honest I am running the dwarven battlerager as a summoned companion right now because it has 3 ring slots. Now to be fair I also have 3 +5 Rings with dual Offense slots. Then again I might change it out for something at a later date.
    I didn't realise the +4/+5 rings were companion compatible. do their stack effects work with companions gift?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

It's also because it lets you run 5 companions with good active bonuses. I wouldn't really spend any AD making changes seeing as we could see some nerfs that make it a waste. Wild hunt rider is a good option for the fifth if you swap to the archon though.

Personally I'm too lazy to switch to underdark rings because I'd have to find a way to get all the arp from loyal avenger gear
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Icy Terrain and then OF right before ST is the way to go.

Luckily you'd get bonus CA with Nightmare Wizardry, which in turn makes OF+ST the best AOE combo out there.

Particularly good for the SH encounters. I personally jump with IT, then I run ST (usually tabbed), followed by Sudden Storm. Gives a big boost to speed and a quick positioning to unleash the Sudden Storm.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    With the new underdark rings, whats you recommendations for offense slots, i have the ring of sudden power +4 which grans 4k power for 8 secs and the raising crit +4 ring.
    So should i put all crit on offense or what?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Actually, stacks that apply to the enemy are on the enemy's bar, stacks that apply to you are on your bar. Example: Chill Stacks are on enemy's bar, Arcane Stacks are on yours.
  • osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Is the build in the OP (first page) still valid?
    Yep.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1