Comments

• Options
    sgkaltezarsgkaltezar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the answer !
    Post edited by sgkaltezar on
  • Options
    hermione#7016 hermione Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Black dragon ioun stone is released tomorrow, is this augment stone better than using zhentarim warlock?
  • Options
    boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    A summoned companion with rank 10+ bondings will beat out any augment. Although that Black Ioun is tempting to pick up.
  • Options
    tamsirlidiantamsirlidian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    Well, on x-box you need to take into account the lack of Loyal Avenger, which makes all equipment slot the same worth.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Well, on x-box you need to take into account the lack of Loyal Avenger, which makes all equipment slot the same worth.

Augments and active companions can have more or less the same gear in them, so an active companion still wins regardless of whether or not the loyal avenger gear exists.
  • Options
    boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Sure would be nice if they gave us the damn loyal avenger gear though!
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    so how should my rotation be for pvp? i was just checking your single target recomendation

Should i start with conduct of ice and then fire chill strike, ray of enfeeblement and disintegrate at the end.

Im currently using ray of frost, cause i think chilling cloud is not so good on pvp, i dont do good on pvp matches but my character is great on pve, i think its my fault!!!
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Entangle, repel, Disintegrate, ray of frost, dodge, ice knife, maybe shield are the common basic tools for pvp. I play pve and some pvp. So not an expert but works for my pve toon. Also get pvp gear as second set...tenacity is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    How about mounts? I've been tempted to get the latest mount (axe beak) which will then allow to me change up my guild boon to a different offense one instead of armor pen, I'm currently at 8.1k (67% ignored) with the guild boon. The only doubt I have is replacing my snail mount, the action point gain is brilliant after use of daily power but is it a necessity seeing as most groups have a haste cleric
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    armor pen is extremely easy to get. Which artifacts are you using?
  • Options
    Unless you PVP snail is better. The Veserab that was revealed (doing 33% (50% with 3 underdark piece) weapon damage when using an encounter power) might be quite bonkers if it procs like lostmauth/storm spell.
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @tamsirlidian as far as I heard, the Veserab won't make it to live. Not sure if it's being reworked or if the effect is completely removed.
  • Options
    Well, my guess is that it'll come in a lockbox with the launch of UnderDark part 2, but that's purely speculation
  • Options
    Got the zhentarim warlock as my companion, but have been hearing the mercenary is just as good? Is it worth the swap, do like the thought of 3 offense slots and 2x double slotted rings instead of the talismans...
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    There's no difference between the loyal avenger talismans and the rings. I don't think you'll get too much out of the swap between the mercenary and the warlock. I do like the warlock more because it has a longer range, which tends to keep her out of trouble more, but also allows her to acquire and hit targets faster once combat starts than the mercenary.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options

There's no difference between the loyal avenger talismans and the rings. I don't think you'll get too much out of the swap between the mercenary and the warlock. I do like the warlock more because it has a longer range, which tends to keep her out of trouble more, but also allows her to acquire and hit targets faster once combat starts than the mercenary.

there is a difference but it's extremely minimal. You can put jewel kits on the rings but not on the talisman.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Ah, completely forgot. Indeed minimal, but if people are trying to absolutely min/max. But I also think in those cases the speed at which the warlock can acquire targets probably counts for something to...

Not that the game is hard enough to warrant splitting hairs over it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Ah, completely forgot. Indeed minimal, but if people are trying to absolutely min/max. But I also think in those cases the speed at which the warlock can acquire targets probably counts for something to...

Not that the game is hard enough to warrant splitting hairs over it.

Pretty sure that was an xbox player so they don't have double slotted talismans whereas they could use a personalized ring.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    (on XBOX) I made the switch two days ago from an Ioun Stone summoned to the Air Archon (3 bonding), and swapped the stone's active slot with the earth archon. I noticed a huge boost in damage! During most dungeon runs I'm at full HP with bubble, so the damage increase was so crazy noticeable.

Summoned: Air Archon. Active: Earth Archon, Fire Archon, Intel Dev, and Blink Dog.
  • Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    So which Morningdawn weapon set should I go for? I am following the Zerg mantra for supporting the team to a T. :)

Thanks for a great guide!
  • Options
    I'm running, sigil of controller, sigil of devoted, horn and lantern. But really want the thayan book, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the devoted sigil is needed the least. Any thoughts on what I should swap for thayan book?
  • Options
    sigil of the devoted is an obsolete artifact in all honesty.
  • Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Ok, why is that? What is better?

Also, I am asking about the weapon sets like Drowned Orb and such from Archdruid Morningdawn in PE.
  • Options

Ok, why is that? What is better?

Also, I am asking about the weapon sets like Drowned Orb and such from Archdruid Morningdawn in PE.

Because daily powers are recharging a lot faster than it used to. Especially when you have stuff like the flail snail.
  • Options
    pencerionpencerion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Any advice on which boons to choose on Underdark campaign with this build?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Bottom row all.