test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

Comments

• Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Gotcha. my dailies still take a while and I doubt I will be getting a Flail Snail anytime...ever. :)

Still looking for which artifact weapon set to go for. I know what slotted artifacts like those suggested, but it's the weapon set I am wanting to know about.

Weapons of Air, Fire Water or Earth. You know, where you collect motes etc?
  • Options
    tamsirlidiantamsirlidian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    Fire if you want to farm for it, water is best if you intend to do some PVP, twisted is the best set for PvE.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    Twisted is by far the best one for PvE.

To me, compared to the elemental fire set (which is what I had), it gave me around a 15 to 20% damage boost. Just from that set! (I must admit I was overcapped on arp so that is a big factor too).
  • Options
    hermione#7016 hermione Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    What do you guys use for an orb transmute? I missed out on the skull one, tempted to buy the hammer stone orb, apparently it's nice?
  • Options
    Oh and does the dark armor of Lolth still drop in the regular Etos? That armor looks so cool and I don't know how to get it except purchase with slot of ad
  • Options
    runt1697runt1697 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Armor of Lolth can be purchased from the vendor in Rothe Valley.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure that's not it though, there's one on the trade house that is called armor of Lolth and has a defense slot and armor enchantment a lot, way better stats too, the one with the spider legs on the back of the armor. The one from the seal vendor doesn't have that.
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User

Oh and does the dark armor of Lolth still drop in the regular Etos? That armor looks so cool and I don't know how to get it except purchase with slot of ad

No, sadly it was removed, like all the previous armor/bracer/helm etc transmutes. It dopped in Etos before mod 6.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @ironzerg79, um... Just wondering, when are you gonna update this? :p Forgotton or busy eh?
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

@ironzerg79, um... Just wondering, when are you gonna update this? :p Forgotton or busy eh?

There's nothing really to update. I'm waiting to see if Module 9 brings any major changes. Otherwise, the guide is "too long" to edit posts. When we got migrated to the new forums (again) they reduced the character limit on posts, so I can't edit anything new in, without cutting out or dividing up even more of the posts.

But apart from a couple very, very minor tweaks to get a tiny bit more juice here or there at very high iLevels, there's not much to change.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User

There's nothing really to update. I'm waiting to see if Module 9 brings any major changes. Otherwise, the guide is "too long" to edit posts. When we got migrated to the new forums (again) they reduced the character limit on posts, so I can't edit anything new in, without cutting out or dividing up even more of the posts.

But apart from a couple very, very minor tweaks to get a tiny bit more juice here or there at very high iLevels, there's not much to change.
    Could you just make a separate website and link to it? Even if it was some Wiki the rest of us could copy the content over and you could adjust when/as needed.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    craolus said:

Could you just make a separate website and link to it? Even if it was some Wiki the rest of us could copy the content over and you could adjust when/as needed.
    Long term, yes. My gaming community has been working on this aspect...but we tend to game and drink beer more than work, so progress is a little slow. :#
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Amen to gaming and drinking Beer...preferably at the same time.
  • Options
    neoshanksneoshanks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Zerg,

I am a new player and It might be in the guide but I am going to ask a question. What would you say is the minimum crit you want to go for to make this build effective for some one new and gearing up. Since this build seems to run on Crits this seems like a vital piece of information for me. Apologies if this is in the guide and I missed it. Also any other advice for a newbie would be great Been playing 2 weeks and just hit 70.

Shanks @ Hav3 a Nice Day
    Xbox One
    Knights of Castle Never
  • Options
    bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    This guide helped me so much back when I first respecced to it. Directly followed more than 90% of the advice on it and appreciated the justification on the rest which allowed me to make my own decision on those areas to suit my playstyle. Thanks a lot IronZerg, those hours working on it have surely helped out a lot of people like me.
  • Options
    @neoshanks Focus on getting your resistance ignored to 60%, then push Critical Strike. If you've been focusing on raising your CHA stat, plus a little crit gear (like jewelry and +crit artifacts), you should already have a pretty decent critical strike chance. You'll get an additional 15% from the build, and so as your gear improves, you'll just be doing more damage. But even being fresh at level 70, the additional buffs from Chaos Magic are going to help supplement lower gear for a while, so just keep at it.

Depending on if you're running bonding runestones or not, you probably want to hit a "sheet" critical strike chance over 60%+.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    superjellybabysuperjellybaby Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    @ironzerg79 What are you recommendations for gear in Module 8? I'm rocking elemental elven right now and I'm full rank 12s so is any of the new sets worth changing too since dragonflight was so poor for our class? I plan on getting twisted set but also which rings should i be aiming for with underdark?
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    @ironzerg79 What are you recommendations for gear in Module 8? I'm rocking elemental elven right now and I'm full rank 12s so is any of the new sets worth changing too since dragonflight was so poor for our class? I plan on getting twisted set but also which rings should i be aiming for with underdark?

For damage you want to be aiming for the rising crit and power rings if possible, +4 ofc, if not +4 works, or the level 25 multi-gemmed rings from JC (Power/Recovery one or Power/Arp one).​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    Dragonflight is amazing for our class. Seriously, ditch spell twisting for elemental reinforcement and get dragonflght. You'll notice a very noticeable performance increase. And rising power isn't a good ring, the other version (4000 power when you enter combat and every 30s afterwards) is much beter.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    smulch said:

Dragonflight is amazing for our class. Seriously, ditch spell twisting for elemental reinforcement and get dragonflght. You'll notice a very noticeable performance increase. And rising power isn't a good ring, the other version (4000 power when you enter combat and every 30s afterwards) is much beter.

Any time it's on cooldown you're giving up stats and it's on cooldown most of the time when the power would actually matter. On the other hand the rising rings have full stacks virtually instantly and maintain them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

The optimal setup for most classes would be Rising Power, Brutality, and an Owlbear pet, IMO.

Nah, if you're going to ditch one of the rising rings, make it the power one, not the crit one. Owlbear is great either way, since it procs off things like stacking chill.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options

The optimal setup for most classes would be Rising Power, Brutality, and an Owlbear pet, IMO.

Nah, if you're going to ditch one of the rising rings, make it the power one, not the crit one. Owlbear is great either way, since it procs off things like stacking chill.
    I disagree with you. The ring will proc every time you enter combat. Meaning at the start of every pull (unless you are pulling the whole zone). In tiamat, it will proc every time devils spawn and possibly between heads. In prophecy of madness and throne, it will pretty much proc at the start of every portals/groups. I think only edemo won't allow you to proc it very often.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    smulch said:

I disagree with you. The ring will proc every time you enter combat. Meaning at the start of every pull (unless you are pulling the whole zone). In tiamat, it will proc every time devils spawn and possibly between heads. In prophecy of madness and throne, it will pretty much proc at the start of every portals/groups. I think only edemo won't allow you to proc it very often.
    On Average, the ring of rising brutality is worth 1330 Power and the ring of rising Power is worth 1350, making the Ring of Rising Power slightly better over all. At the end of the day, I still use the personalised adamant rings of piercing, I couldn't be bothered to move stats around to compensate for lost arp, the content is too easy to warrant it anyhow.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Is this with 90%+ crit? Are you saying that it procs enough just on the things that can't crit to justify using it?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask wrote: »

Is this with 90%+ crit? Are you saying that it procs enough just on the things that can't crit to justify using it?

Yes, pretty much, at least from the tests of my friends (I still don't own one to test with). I know a CW who has about 70-75% crit, same spec as me, and owlbear increased DPS by 12%.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    BiS gear for under dark? Also this mod is awful, no col wards or rubies etc. Was banking on that to really improve my CW.
  • Options
    Gearing is simpler. Pick up the gear with the best stat combinations you need. I recommend going with pieces that offer more power and critical strike. I wouldn't worry too much about maximizing the set bonus on the Drowcraft gear, as it doesn't really make that much of a difference in the Demogorgon fight, which even at epic tends to be pretty easy.

And hold your horses on the Coal Ward thing. With the absolute firestorm it ignited, I can't imagine they wouldn't add them back to the trade bar store.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    bolverkr1bolverkr1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello, i was looking over your feat choice and now i've got some questions. First i want to know if Malevolent Surge procs on kills from your party members or it requires u to deliver the finishing blow for it and then why would it be better to take this and Tempest Magic over either of the 2 and Destructive Wizardy, since afaik from the full charge pillar u get the initial strike, the DoT afterwards and the 5% dmg increase. Oh and as far as spells are concerned, does Ray of Enfeeblement increase your damage after u get ArP capped?