test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is TR daze to long combine with Scoundrel feats?

Comments

• Options
    blowfish4blowfish4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So point is every half brain idiot can play when daze last forever and to match them with CW U need to be one of best that practise whole day long.

Game developers are utter lamers for not fixing them so long. Shame.
  • Options
    jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    blowfish4 wrote: »
    So point is every half brain idiot can play when daze last forever and to match them with CW U need to be one of best that practise whole day long.

Game developers are utter lamers for not fixing them so long. Shame.

Me I'm very disappointed to see that nothing is done, so now I think I will take a break from this game and go play another game for a while and maybe I will return when they fix TR I don’t know yet...
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol thanks god they are leaving...
    I was tired of them saying stupid stuff to me in game everytime they die..
    In mod 3 and 4 if a tr killed you most likely people would say
    "perma ****"
    Now if a tr kills them they say
    "tr op broken class"

Lol..... It never stops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Lol thanks god they are leaving...
    I was tired of them saying stupid stuff to me in game everytime they die..
    In mod 3 and 4 if a tr killed you most likely people would say
    "perma ****"
    Now if a tr kills them they say
    "tr op broken class"

Lol..... It never stops

Hey man just look at today’s board and you see that 47% of the top 5 pages are TR the rest is the other character of Neverwinter, so if you still saying there is no problem and if developers don't do something and quick I think this game will die soon enough.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    IMO (with a TR as my main since closed beta) I would say right now the TR is in a great place for PVE. But when it comes to PVP, the stuns are way out of control.

IDEA: Make tenacity work better. CC in general is too chainable and too long. We need the tenacity coupled with PVP flag to reduce stun CC durations and provide some temporary immunity to prevent being locked down so long u can't even fight back. You can't dodge being stunned from stealth. So this is why so many are noticing it and being upset about it. When GWFs were knocking people down and rooting / stunning through immunity in the past, people raged and it got fixed.

Again, I do not think a nerf for PVE is in order, some mobs are even 100% immune to CC anyway. But I do think a tweak to PVP that utilizes tenacity + PVP flag is in order and would be the best way to fix it now and going forward.
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes it is too long
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Remember these are dazes and not stuns, big difference. I am not saying I disagree with a reconsideration of dazes in PvP but they are nowhere near as effective as stuns. Also the scoundrel is the least in damage of the three paragons (as well as the least stealthy) and the dazes a little bit more deflect and a bit of movement speed are all they have.
  • Options
    vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All classes have the same increase in damage due to superior gear. And not all players have the superior gear.

As a GF I have not seen anywhere near the dmg increase all other classes have, In fact since mod4 my dmg has taken a noticeable down turn.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    As a GF I have not seen anywhere near the dmg increase all other classes have, In fact since mod4 my dmg has taken a noticeable down turn.

Amen to that. GF's should have their damage increased by about 20% during pvp and their survivability decreased by about 10%.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Remember these are dazes and not stuns, big difference. I am not saying I disagree with a reconsideration of dazes in PvP but they are nowhere near as effective as stuns. Also the scoundrel is the least in damage of the three paragons (as well as the least stealthy) and the dazes a little bit more deflect and a bit of movement speed are all they have.

And you should remember that stuns are affected by CC resist, tenacity, can be deflected and have lowered duration on players. 2s stun vs halfling TR with high deflect very often becomes 0.1s. Whereas daze isn't affected by any of that. Daze >>> stun.

EDIT: oh and let's not forget that dazes have twice the duration of stuns even without those reductions on stun. Shortest stun is ~1s, longest stun 3s. Whereas shortest daze is 2.5s and longest 6s.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    And you should remember that stuns are affected by CC resist, tenacity, can be deflected and have lowered duration on players. 2s stun vs halfling TR with high deflect very often becomes 0.1s. Whereas daze isn't affected by any of that. Daze >>> stun.

EDIT: oh and let's not forget that dazes have twice the duration of stuns even without those reductions on stun. Shortest stun is ~1s, longest stun 3s. Whereas shortest daze is 2.5s and longest 6s.

^^^^^

+1.

Totally agree.Daze>stun. Who think otherwise has not a stun on his arsenal.

Example:GWFs and GFs Stunning Flourish is a feat that increase Srun duration of Flourish.Normal is 1 swc.With that feat you go up tp 2 secs.The devs decided that 2 SECS WAS TOO MUCH FOR OTHER CLASSES so inPVP IS REDUCED to 1 sec and AFFECTED by TENACITY and CC Resist.

So one one hand we have devs saying "Flourish stuns too long make it 1 sec for pvp(the empowered one).
    And on the other hand " Hey let's give TRs INSTANT DAZE THAT CANNOT BE RESIST IN ANY WAY.2,5 secs EVERY 6 SECS."

Hmm.Well that is not enough.Let's make allt heir encounters daze instead of stun.

It is totally unfair for fighter classes.

Same for griffon's wrath,frontline surge etc.All their stun durations are deceeased while in pvp.

Not to mention the particular long animation of flourish and the fact that does not get benefited from glyphs.That's another buggy story.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stuns>dazes would be a reasonable statement if there were no Deft Strike, that basically turns scoundrel capstone into 6 seconds stun.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    harunhh wrote: »
    Amen to that. GF's should have their damage increased by about 20% during pvp and their survivability decreased by about 10%.

Sorry but no way, I am already to dependent on my shield as soon as my ability to block drops I melt in the blink of the eye with all the dmg all the other classes have. I should be harder to kill than a GWF without my shield. I already have less mobility than any class no dodge and I have the heaviest armor and lowest dmg by a large margin.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sorry but no way, I am already to dependent on my shield as soon as my ability to block drops I melt in the blink of the eye with all the dmg all the other classes have. I should be harder to kill than a GWF without my shield. I already have less mobility than any class no dodge and I have the heaviest armor and lowest dmg by a large margin.

This thread is about TR daze guys
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jarecsteph wrote: »
    This thread is about TR daze guys

Agreed, that said they are entirely to long.

I just got my TR to 60 so I do no pretend to know the builds and which uses what.

But from the perspective of a GF which I have a 19.5k GF they are extremely overpowered at the moment. No one 4-5k under me in GS should be able to open on me and take 50%-90% of my life to start the fight. But the worst is having my keyboard unplugged for the entirety of a a fight. Is daze 100% of the fight? Think I have only seen this once but I may be wrong, but what I have seen many times though Is 100-0 and I only get the chance to use a single attack, and that is spamming my key waiting for daze to break unfortunately this single attack is dodge more often than it connects. There is nothing fair about this, anyone who says otherwise poor individual indeed.

Fight starts with Daze immediately into DF which takes 50-75% of my life, I get 1 attack off and then immediately back in daze I then die while dazed. There is no counter there literally nothing any GF can do in this scenario except perhaps use an artifact to break daze, but this is a false choice as no one should be forced into using an artifact that will only delay the inevitable as the TR will simply vanish
    then start over while your trinket is on cool down.

Daze needs to respect CC resistance and have its duration reduced, 100% crit out of stealth needs to go and piercing needs to go. That should be enough to lvl the playing field or at least give us a chance even if it might still be tilted in their favor. As it stands now GF is a free kill for Whatever build TR this is that Uses Daze for 90% or more of a fight.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    edited January 2015

And you should read what I posted, damned people you get tunnel vision and don't read and post in disagreement to a point that actually agreed with what your post said (to a point).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And you should read what I posted, damned people you get tunnel vision and don't read and post in disagreement to a point that actually agreed with what your post said (to a point).

Went back and read what you posted.

That you think Dazes are weaker than stuns just baffles me, so I would like you to explain how.

6 second daze that slows you movement to a crawl and turns off all of the at wills, all of your encounters and all of your dailies and prevents me from blocking for its duration, that is zero means of defense and zero means to fight back.

Explain how this is weaker than a 1-2 second stun which does the same thing but last for 1 3rd to 1 sixth of the time?
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    this is suppose to be about scoundrels but executioners have their on lame thing. They multi proc SoD or while they are running away and you are trying to catch them you just lose 9k of your hp and then 15k. Executioners and Scoundrels are the easiest builds too play because they are procing classes. While protector is the easiest build to play, you won't be killing anyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Went back and read what you posted.

That you think Dazes are weaker than stuns just baffles me, so I would like you to explain how.

6 second daze that slows you movement to a crawl and turns off all of the at wills, all of your encounters and all of your dailies and prevents me from blocking for its duration, that is zero means of defense and zero means to fight back.

Explain how this is weaker than a 1-2 second stun which does the same thing but last for 1 3rd to 1 sixth of the time?

Daze does not affect movement, that would come from something else. When dazed you can move just fine.

With a stun you can't move or attack. Now how you would think that the one that does less is greater than the one that does more baffles me. Duration varies per daze/stun.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Daze does not affect movement, that would come from something else. When dazed you can move just fine.

With a stun you can't move or attack. Now how you would think that the one that does less is greater than the one that does more baffles me. Duration varies per daze/stun.

Yet the shortest daze is 2.5s which cannot be reduced, longest is 6s. And when they come from 4 sources, not that hard to chain. Whereas stuns are usually 1-2s, and are reduced by control resist, tenacity and deflect. It's very often that a 2s stun becomes 0.1s when facing a TR. They don't even flinch when taking one.

Now that in mind, what is better, a 0.1s long stun or 25/60 times longer daze? Like I said, daze >>> stun.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This is because AC in this game is VASTLY under-accounted for.

Honestly AC needs to give all classes the same ratio of DR, its just that tankier classes get more AC.

If you made AC (for instance) 3 AC = 2% DR youd see your GF and alot of GWFs have much more DR.

This is what SHOULD happen IMO. This would make you notice a big difference attacking a GF versus a CW or anything else.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

Honestly AC needs to give all classes the same ratio of DR, its just that tankier classes get more AC.

If you made AC (for instance) 3 AC = 2% DR youd see your GF and alot of GWFs have much more DR.

This is what SHOULD happen IMO. This would make you notice a big difference attacking a GF versus a CW or anything else.

Or just give named classes more AC by default. Much less programming, just a few number tweaks.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yet the shortest daze is 2.5s which cannot be reduced, longest is 6s. And when they come from 4 sources, not that hard to chain. Whereas stuns are usually 1-2s, and are reduced by control resist, tenacity and deflect. It's very often that a 2s stun becomes 0.1s when facing a TR. They don't even flinch when taking one.

Now that in mind, what is better, a 0.1s long stun or 25/60 times longer daze? Like I said, daze >>> stun.

Daze is not greater than stun, that is a deceptive and fallacious statement. Of course a long daze would generally be better than a short stun but that was not what was being initially put forth with any clarity. If both had the same duration which would be better? Everyone here is asking for both to be treated the same in consideration of cr/tenacity/deflect (as am I) and with that the scoundrel will need a buff after.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Daze is not greater than stun, that is a deceptive and fallacious statement. Of course a long daze would generally be better than a short stun but that was not what was being initially put forth with any clarity. If both had the same duration which would be better? Everyone here is asking for both to be treated the same in consideration of cr/tenacity/deflect (as am I) and with that the scoundrel will need a buff after.

I'd rather be stunned by Frontline or Takedown than be dazed almost permantenly, while that daze keeps being refreshed by feats that make no sense.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

But sadly this is not the case and GF is the squishiest class there is without his shield up which is beyond absurd.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    edited January 2015

It was said with clarity or durations would not have been mentioned at all.

But I will still answer your question If I have to choose between being hit with an attack that stuns for 4 seconds or dazes for 4 seconds I choose being stunned because that stun is going to be reduced by at least 50% where as the Daze is going to be 4 second where I am walking or crawling depending on the feets being applied with that daze. Even at normal speed movement means absolutely ZERO when the TR is just as fast or faster than me.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Daze last too long combine with TR immunities it's not possible to have a fair and balance fight that way because the window of opportunity to counterattack is very small compare to all opportunities the TR has to DPS.

Daze should be cut down to 25% or maybe immunities down to 50% and daze 50%.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Jarecstaph!!!
This discussion has been closed.