Install Arc
Options

Fix TRs so we can PvP again

Comments

• Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! Sorry, but I have to laugh at anything related to PvP "balance." Especially when it comes from a CW.

I mean, come on, were you complaining when any CW could take out 5 people quickly in PvP?

There seems to be complaint trend on these forums related to PvP: If your chosen class is dominating PvP, everything is "balanced." If not, then the nerf requests start flying . . .

proof that SOME people get it. Thanks...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Come on. TRs are not taking down dragons by themselves in 5 seconds. Shadow of Demise is broken and likely what's causing dragons to go down so fast when TRs are present. I fought a dragon last night with one other TR and we took it down solo because it was stuck but it took a fair bit of time to do. Nevertheless, Shadow of Demise procced again and again and that's not how it's supposed to work. Everybody knows this, it's a bug, and they will fix it.
  • Options
    orapheloraphel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All TR needs is a fix to SoD. TRs need no other nerfs than that.
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    f2pma, in mod4 in pvp domination a permasteatlh tr solo'd an entire 5 person team not showing himself once during the entire fight. Only after I came back with a pve skill rotation (all aoe skills; normally not recommended whatsoever for pvp) was he taken down once (then changed up so it didn't happen again). So the idea that in mod4 permastealth was 0 dps is incorrect.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oraphel wrote: »

No. Thy should not be able to permastealth as well. That was the main focus of the TR revamp yet they screwed up at some point and made it worse... Also, CC duration getting reduced by deflects should be fixed ASAP too. It's nothing more annoying than trying to catch a TR off guard and succeeding just to get stun reduced to 0.2 seconds by deflect...
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    oraphel wrote: »

Yea. The 5 dodges + 10 sec dazz + perma invis + itc + uber dmg from bloodbath are ok!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SoD was broken in the last preview patch before release. Reported by plenty of TRs on Preview but still went live. Pretty sure it will be fixed in the very next patch. Until then not much point in stressing about it since PvP is pretty thoroughly broken ATM anyway.

Yeah, it'll get fixed.

Honestly, releasing the latest preview build on the Friday before the module goes live on Tuesday didn't allow them enough time to fix it.

I was still glad to see the build to be able to verify new currency caps, but it pretty much guaranteed breaking something at the last minute.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Yea. The 5 dodges + 10 sec dazz + perma invis + itc + uber dmg from bloodbath are ok!
    3 dodge, 5 sec daze without tenacity, if dazes no perma invis, uber dmg from bloodbath is just related to 2 trees
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    Come on. TRs are not taking down dragons by themselves in 5 seconds. Shadow of Demise is broken and likely what's causing dragons to go down so fast when TRs are present. I fought a dragon last night with one other TR and we took it down solo because it was stuck but it took a fair bit of time to do. Nevertheless, Shadow of Demise procced again and again and that's not how it's supposed to work. Everybody knows this, it's a bug, and they will fix it.

I guess I am confused on how it is supposed to work.

I thought it is 50% of the dmg you do while in stealth comes back to whack your opponent after 6 seconds(?)

It seems to be working as intended, it's not stacking, it's applying 50% of the dmg that was done while the rogue was in stealth after 6 seconds. Since each hit does not happen at the same time you get a succession of procs.

If it is proccing off procs, that is a different matter.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guess they better fix the CW, too, right?

They don't do much damage in PvP, right?

This is no worse than a CW taking down 5 PvP opponents in three moves. I don't really get it.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And another thing, the TR changes were SUPPOSED to focus on increased single-target DPS. A TR is supposed to have the ability to hit as high or higher than ANY class. The downside is they are more squishy than fighter types and they don't do the nice AoE damage that a CW can do.

I want to be able to solo a dragon. :)

Everything is fine! Quit picking on the TR now that we finally are back where we should have been all along! :P
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    And another thing, the TR changes were SUPPOSED to focus on increased single-target DPS. A TR is supposed to have the ability to hit as high or higher than ANY class. The downside is they are more squishy than fighter types and they don't do the nice AoE damage that a CW can do.

Everything is fine! Quit picking on the TR now that we finally are back where we should have been all along! :P

Rofl @ single target, I can slot Path of the Blade and pop it before I go in stealth and walk around hitting EVERYONE on the enemy team and proccing Shadow of Demises every second. This is on my sons 10k tr account. Not to mention on top of all the AoE proc damage that it does to everyone within a large area around me, but it does nothing to my stealth loss and I can still perma while wiping out whole teams health bars.

SoD is broken and people who defend it have 0 credibilty.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess I am confused on how it is supposed to work.

I thought it is 50% of the dmg you do while in stealth comes back to whack your opponent after 6 seconds(?)

It seems to be working as intended, it's not stacking, it's applying 50% of the dmg that was done while the rogue was in stealth after 6 seconds. Since each hit does not happen at the same time you get a succession of procs.

If it is proccing off procs, that is a different matter.
    SoD is supposed to proc ONCE on any given target and deliver it's payload (50% of all damage done) after 6 seconds. It can then proc again. What's happening now is that it procs off of every single attack so you have multiple SoD payloads being delivered - the first after 6 seconds and then every second after that. Damage is getting compound interest and rising exponentially.

It's a bug and will be fixed next patch I'm sure.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2014

SoD is completely broken. There is no getting around that fact. It should not we doing what it's currently doing.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's a bug and will be fixed next patch I'm sure.

Yes, I am sure it will be changed.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    3 dodge, 5 sec daze without tenacity, if dazes no perma invis, uber dmg from bloodbath is just related to 2 trees

My 12k gs tr has 4 dodges even without feywield boon. You can dazz more than 5 sec and be easily perma invis.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

TRs say that overpowered TRs are fine. News at 6
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nothing in Neverwinter makes me laugh harder than all the OP QQ nerf this and that requests, especially from all the classes that rode everyone into the ground with roar and every other crazy fun mechanic, WAI or not, it's a game, have fun, adapt or do something else.

I am laughing so hard right now, ty all. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    BS claims don't help balance.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    TRs say that overpowered TRs are fine. News at 6
    Unlike all those CWs who were queuing up to ask for their class to be nerfed you mean?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Unlike all those HRs who were queuing up to ask for their class to be nerfed you mean?

Fixed that for you. Proceed with appropriate sarcasm
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Fixed that for you. Proceed with appropriate sarcasm
    My point, which I'm fairly sure you got, is that nobody asks for their own class to be nerfed.

That said, many of the claims of TR OPness are wildly exaggerated. And typically by the usual suspects.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    SoD causes infinite proc cycle that only ends with the death of their target(s). Please fix this asap as it's causing massive lag spikes.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ok, Ok. I get it. The feat is broken. I concede! :)

I guess I am just finally happy to be able to do some great damage again! I haven't seen that since before Mod 2! Sigh!

• Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    SoD causes infinite proc cycle that only ends with the death of their target(s). Please fix this asap as it's causing massive lag spikes.

If you going to ask for a fix, at least know what you are talking about. SoD does not go into infinite loop, they fixed that before live. As long as you do damage in stealth it keeps creating a new stack of SoD. If the TR stops doing dmg, then SoD will end 6seconds after the last stealth attack.

They should fix SoD, but they should also fix all the other OP powers that exists as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    If you going to ask for a fix, at least know what you are talking about. SoD does not go into infinite loop, they fixed that before live. As long as you do damage in stealth it keeps creating a new stack of SoD. If the TR stops doing dmg, then SoD will end 6seconds after the last stealth attack.

They should fix SoD, but they should also fix all the other OP powers that exists as well.

Are you sure? Ever aince the update I get insane lags fighting bosses when TRs are present in the vicinity. And the lag vanishes the moment the boss dies. Can't be a coincidence.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SoD is absolutely balanced, don't change it! The boss in epic SoT went down in 5 seconds, our 15k TR did 12kk damage while a guy on the second place dealt 4kk. This is where true balance comes from.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    dongaroudongarou Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Theres nothing exaggerated about tr OPness here, u just need to hit any SmokeB or PoB and enter in stealth to see triple kill on your screen and a lot of pink aggressive PMs on your chat.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My point, which I'm fairly sure you got, is that nobody asks for their own class to be nerfed.

That said, many of the claims of TR OPness are wildly exaggerated. And typically by the usual suspects.

Actually many TR asked for the OP things to be fixed before going live, but apparently their voices were not heard. There were even some SW reporting the same for their class and yet those bugs still persist and I recall CW also mentioning some things seeming to be too powerful and needing toned down. It does happen but I think those sane voices get drowned out in the trolling.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Are you sure? Ever aince the update I get insane lags fighting bosses when TRs are present in the vicinity. And the lag vanishes the moment the boss dies. Can't be a coincidence.

No that's just the great optimisation.

I main TR and yes SoD is broke I can kill a dragon in 3 mins with it alone. We all reported this last Friday on preview.
This discussion has been closed.