Install Arc
Options

Fix TRs so we can PvP again

Comments

• Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    My 12k gs tr has 4 dodges even without feywield boon. You can dazz more than 5 sec and be easily perma invis.

lol try WK sabo.. is full range and perma invis, dodges are only for stealth recover !!
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I guess the devs want people to spend money on their TRs then nerf them weeks later after people have put in the money gearing them up
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That said, many of the claims of TR OPness are wildly exaggerated. And typically by the usual suspects.

How about you 1v1 a TR who knows how to use the build like Sicarius then come back to me?

Until then, pug pvp means nothing as gear and skill differences muddy up an semblance of class balance.
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I dont think Mod5 was ready to be released , too many broken things (not to say most), TR and SoD is just the most apparent aspect, like CW were when Mod4 was released before noticing that HR and GF were way too strong to , and right now i mean DCs and CWs. Did you notice something about competitve games ? they balance things little by little and wait for feedbacks before deciding on what to do next . here sudden big changes are coming every week and only managing to keep the community confused.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    it's mostly because dazing strike in it's previous form was inadequate to even hit a competent person.

i wouldn't say it hits like a truck since it's just a 4k base damage encounter and i'm still getting used to this weird invisible aoe region that i have no idea where it begins or ends.

It was bad and I even laughed at rogues who used it. Dazing strike in stealth was fine but out of stealth it was a joke. It needed some tweaking for sure. What I found most annoying playing a fighter, was when it would interrupt me even when immune to CC. They never fixed that in 2 years. I haven't tested it now, but still kinda sad.

4k base damage? My rogue has Horrible gear and I'm showing 7.8k it crits in AoE for 23k. My problem with it is High Damage + AoE + CC 2 of 3 is cool, not all 3, not outside of a daily.
    aderonz wrote: »
    Did you notice something about competitve games ? they balance things little by little and wait for feedbacks before deciding on what to do next .

Tell that to Leblanc.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shadow Demise is a terrible idea by the devs of course
    but Shadow demise is not the only pvp-ruining feature.
    Not only Perma-stealth is still here but devs have added
    perma-daze, perma-deflect and the ability to deliver one million
    HP damage in ten seconds.
    NWO pvp was imba from day #1 but mod5 pvp is the
    Guiness-book title-holder of imba
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    How about you 1v1 a TR who knows how to use the build like Sicarius then come back to me?

Until then, pug pvp means nothing as gear and skill differences muddy up an semblance of class balance.

Yes many TRs struggle with using path of the blades and going stealth. Its a real struggle now. He should just 1v1 any tr using pob, ss and itc.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Aside from the SoD bug, they can be countered if you know how. They said they were going to nerf stealth mechanics, but they didn't say they were going to remove it. People of all classes have always had methods to counter TRs. Especially since last mod, it has been extremely hard to do much as a TR in high end PvP other than try to survive as long as possible on a node because the top tier people that knew their classes and could counter it so well. Of course, when someone inexperienced came along, even if they had decent gear they would not stand up against a good TR, but with enough experience and perhaps looking into TR mechanics themselves, everyone should be able to counter rogues to some degree. Last mod very few TRs could manage to actually get kills vs other high end PvP players, and even then it was an extremely difficult task.
  • Options
    trouncedtrounced Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shadow demise was destroying me last night in seconds.
    Yet today Shadow demise is hitting me for 0...I have no idea whats going on with this game anymore.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actualy the number of threads about Shadow Demise outscores the damage it does 10:1.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    People of all classes have always had methods to counter TRs.

DCs don't. If you know a way, please let me know. I have 4 DCs and 2 TRs.

CWs have AT Wills that autolock and FOLLOW my TRs when in Stealth and then I get hit with an undodgeable encounter - when I am running away and INVISIBLE and they could not POSSIBLY know where I am. Then I get frozen, immobilised and dead in 3.2 nanoseconds.

GWFs have some mysterious, magick power that sucks me towards them and then stuns me. What sort of melee combat sword trick can do that? They can also stun me from 30 feet away with a 6 ft blade, THAT'S a pretty neat trick!

GFs can knock me flying and prone me, when I am invisible, from a distance and are almost immune to my damage. Tymora knows how on Faerun they know where I am.

SWs can also autolock me with At Wills and Encounters that cannot be dodged.

HRs just ignore me as they are immune to my damage and regenerate anyway, have massive DPS and then go into Stealth-Shift to reduce their cool downs when they are bored of ignoring me. Then they kill me.

DCs just flee in terror, bleeding from my DoTs.

Of course, that's all module 4. I have not re-speced my 4 DC and 2 TR characters for Module 5 yet, but I am tempted to go stand on 2 in Stealth, hit Path of the Blades and then Shadow Strike to go back into Stealth and sing "Ring-a-ring-a-roses" and see what happens.

"A-TISH-oo! A-TISH-oo!"

:)
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ;) you guys are funny. crying for buff, crying for nerf, never end ;)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A fix for Shadow of Demise is going up onto preview tonight along with a bunch of other nice fixes.
    panderus wrote: »
    Trickster Rogue: Shadow of Demise: This feat can no longer stack on the same target multiple times.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?793881-Rise-of-Tiamat-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141104a-11&p=9485171&viewfull=1#post9485171
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Or a more simple fix would have been to disable PotB from proccing SoD.

It wasn't like this in version1 of preview, even when SoD did stack. Mostly people needed to use BnS and near-perma tactics to try and stack it. So in practicality, it was possible with PvE mobs, but impractically difficult for PvP.

There's a reason why PotB doesn't fire off any wep enchants, or procs other stuff. SoD here shows us why.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    dobos2000dobos2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i m new here but i read forums all the time ,i play pvp CW in game ,and right now bug or no for TR, pvp its balanced ,yuo get a low gs team with 1tr or cleric and yuo can fight teams with high gs (only becauze they come with pve gear),i have 30k hp and now finnaly i can kill TR(i can survive enoufh to have a chnce to catch him ) ,so if they fix this 'bug' ,after they will not be able to fight for me ,what i say its someway enyrace have a chance,and with this broke system queque we need a race what can do alot damge with low gs and to die ofcourse in 3hit if yuo catch they ;sry for my english but let the things like they are at least for 1 month and after fix if need
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zxorn wrote: »
    It was bad and I even laughed at rogues who used it. Dazing strike in stealth was fine but out of stealth it was a joke. It needed some tweaking for sure. What I found most annoying playing a fighter, was when it would interrupt me even when immune to CC. They never fixed that in 2 years. I haven't tested it now, but still kinda sad.

4k base damage? My rogue has Horrible gear and I'm showing 7.8k it crits in AoE for 23k. My problem with it is High Damage + AoE + CC 2 of 3 is cool, not all 3, not outside of a daily.
    oh that's because dazing strike has 3 effects, but 2 are not listed. daze, interrupt, and applies combat advantage. it interrupts some cc-immune mobs as well like golems.

do you have 1st strike slotted? it does that and will still be in effect until you hit something after unslotting it. then again, i remember my base damage was higher as an executioner on preview but that might just be because of 1st strike as well.

3,946-4,755 damage
    5,722-6,895 damage with 1st strike (2 ranks)
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    oh that's because dazing strike has 3 effects, but 2 are not listed. daze, interrupt, and applies combat advantage. it interrupts some cc-immune mobs as well like golems.

do you have 1st strike slotted? it does that and will still be in effect until you hit something after unslotting it. then again, i remember my base damage was higher as an executioner on preview but that might just be because of 1st strike as well.

3,946-4,755 damage
    5,722-6,895 damage with 1st strike (2 ranks)

I did have it slotted and swapped it to check, if the damage stays that would be why for sure.

I still think the damage might be too high for an AoE attack, or the daze 1 sec too long but that's hardly the primary problem with TR right now.

On another note.

The guy above saying Path of Blades shouldn't proc SoD is spot on for a quick fix, worry about the other stuff over time.

I like my TR and all and I've been wanting to play him since the first few round of nerfs and perma stealth became the only option but I'm pretty much forced to PvP with my TR right now because the only way to combat SoD Path of blades is to do it better than your opponent.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014

PuG PvP is the vast majority of all PvP, which is a small part of the overall game (unless you'e on the Russian server). Enough of the tail wagging the dog already.

Plus the whole time SoD is broken it's impossible to make a clear estimation of how powerful the TR is as a class.

Fix SoD and we're left with one or two minor tweaks - interaction between Bloodbath and Shadowy Opportunity, Disheartening Strike interaction with some feats, maybe a tone down in ease of Perma builds using Sab path. Hardly the all-conquering, game-breaking OPness being whined about constantly by non-TR players.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PuG PvP is the vast majority of all PvP, which is a small part of the overall game (unless you'e on the Russian server). Enough of the tail wagging the dog already.

In PUG pvp, gear and skill differences are a massive factor that undermines and muddies up semblance of class balance.

a 20k GS SW will destroy a 13k GS HR even if HRs class are stronger.

Again, let's not try to be smart and not discuss pug pvp when it comes to the discussion of balancing classes shall we?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In PUG pvp, gear and skill differences are a massive factor that undermines and muddies up semblance of class balance.

a 20k GS SW will destroy a 13k GS HR even if HRs class are stronger.

Again, let's not try to be smart and not discuss pug pvp when it comes to the discussion of balancing classes shall we?
    No balancing can work when it's based on the experiences of around 2% of the game's players. Many of whom have exploited their way to uber power levels the average player will never see. It's pointless and destructive to the gaming experience of the vast majority.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well SoD will be broken in a completely different way after the next patch it seems. No more stacking but now it doesn't properly apply all the damage added during the 6 seconds following the proc. So there will be plenty of very disappointed Executioner TRs later today.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No balancing can work when it's based on the experiences of around 2% of the game's players. Many of whom have exploited their way to uber power levels the average player will never see. It's pointless and destructive to the gaming experience of the vast majority.

aye

it's elite feedback like that which is why impact shot was destroyed for all practical use.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

what is wrong with trying to be smart?!! This game at this moment is made only for pug pvp... I dont see any step into making it a competitive pvp game where you should have maps, team strategies with maybe class bans and coordination.

Well here is a first step: Make solo/team pvp queues, it is not nice to pvp vs premades and is not fair!(i really cant believe you guys havent made this already...)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Premades were the "solution" vs pick up groups that somehow all had 20K+GS when your team was down to 11-13K GS.

Everytime there is an adjustment made it's normally followed by "this class can now kill me so adjust IT, not mine". Perhaps evaluate your skills and PvP habits to see if an adjustment can be made there first so you are better vs _____ class?
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not sure this feat is the only problem here. Permanent stealth and the ability to permastun the opponent is an issue in my eyes as well.
    It's rather frustrating for a 16k GS SW to not be able to do a single thing in PvP when facing a 12k GS trickster who is conctantly in stealth and keeps you stunned for the duration of all 4 seconds he slices you up like a turkey where in 3-5 strikes you're done. Is this balanced? Doesn't seem that way. And it's not about whining that someone is ending me too quickly. It's about how logical and balanced is it, really. I do have kills and wins in PvP, too. But I rarely can even dent a TR lately.
    And I see many people saying other classes are also OP. I wish I saw at least one thing OP about a scourge warlock who is actually pretty vulnerable when stunned or surrounded. Temptation build works nicely in PvE - even drawing a lot of aggro as I noticed, but then I come to PvP to be instantly stunned for the whole 3 sec fight with TR or GWF who finish me up in a few blows. It just seems strange, is all.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ainarel wrote: »
    It's rather frustrating for a 16k GS SW to not be able to do a single thing in PvP when facing a 12k GS trickster who is conctantly in stealth and keeps you stunned for the duration of all 4 seconds he slices you up like a turkey where in 3-5 strikes you're done. Is this balanced?

Now you know what it's like for a 15k DC facing an 11k SW, OR a 9k CW!!

Sure, the SW does not have the freeze/immobilse, but he has active DoT damage that follows me around, no matter how much I dodge. And he can even hit my invisible TRs with a very high DPS DoT when he should not even be able to SEE them in the first place. Just like CWs have their undodgeable, targeted powers which somehow magically auto-lock on invisible foes.

But I'm not being tongue-in-cheek, I am actually agreeing with you, just from a different perspective.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to balance the classes for PvP. And I don't understand why Controllers should have such massive damage AS WELL as ludicrously OP Control Powers, or why Priests have NO CC resistance nor any useful CC Powers and almost no damage at all, even when speced for max dps.

And I do not understand why any new class like SW should be marketed as "Highest DPS in the game!" when they should be interesting enough just by having different abilities and strategies. And that "Blades of Vanquished Armies" thing? That is SO "Blade Barrier", the Cleric spell from 1E, 2E, 3E and 3.5E. I wish it was a DC spell!

My SW is only level 50, so I have not yet met any mega-TRs with her.

I have 4 level 60 DCs and 2 level 60 TRs, all with Profound gear sets (except one Halfling DC who has only blue Deflection gear). But as all their uncompleted PvP Campaign progress was removed by the patch, I have done no PvP as I did not want to risk a permanent screw-up. It was fixed in today's patch, though.

But I do not want to play a broken TR, either.

And I am waiting the the Free Retraining Tokens we need.

I also do not understand why this even got into the live release, since dedicated TR players have been telling them for a month that "Woah, this is broken! Thus is just TOO much!"

At least it seems to have been fixed within two days, unlike the broken GWF ROAR which stunk the place up like a dead fish for months on end.

;)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    ainarel wrote: »
    I wish I saw at least one thing OP about a scourge warlock who is actually pretty vulnerable when stunned or surrounded. Temptation build works nicely in PvE - even drawing a lot of aggro as I noticed, but then I come to PvP to be instantly stunned for the whole 3 sec fight with TR or GWF who finish me up in a few blows. It just seems strange, is all.

But you DO realise that you need a very different play-style and possibly slot different powers to do well in PvP?

Other human beings can play very intelligently and do not follow a very simple, very basic AI script, so it is not like standing on the spot and spamming your highest damage At Will and Encounters until dead.

For example, SWs can move faster and for longer than any other character, so maybe you should move around more? And aren't we immune to CC when shadow shifting, anyway?

GWF will charge and knock you down and you should see him coming, so whack an Encounter and double-tap "S" and hold it down to levitate backwards while using that purple laser beam thing. As he started running before you shifted, he should run out of Stamina first, so At Will him and use another Encounter or a Daily. If he gets too close, he may use Come And Get It which sucks you towards him so he can hit you with a stun. SWs do not have very great defence, so they need to keep out of melee to stand a decent chance.

And the globe things that fire off at anyone in melee range?

The only defence against an invisible TR would be an AoE effect to break their stealth. They will at least run away to heal up. Until Module 5, (almost) all their stun and daze attacks could be seen coming and avoided easily, unless they were behind you or they were in Stealth, or they were just a really, really good player. When you see them jump in the air, just move. If a class can dodge, tumble, sprint or fly, so much the better.

I used to get perma-stunned all the time, but these days it is only CWs that really pose a problem for me as some of their attacks cannot be dodged. Even by an Invisible TR.

Maybe you just need more practice in PvP? It takes a lot more than just doing Dailies to get good at it. I have been trying for ten months, and I have Profound PvP gear as well with Rank 7 and 8 Enchants and three Artifacts at Rank 60 to 89. On FOUR characters.

And my AC STILL gets melted by a 9k CW, or almost one-shotted by a good MI Executioner.

;)
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    you people do realize that scoundrel is by far the strongest path right? i guess you will find out soon enough. it is harder to fight a scoundrel than it is an executioner. but i think it is doable.
  • Options
    ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now you know what it's like for a 15k DC facing an 11k SW, OR a 9k CW!!

Sure, the SW does not have the freeze/immobilse, but he has active DoT damage that follows me around, no matter how much I dodge. And he can even hit my invisible TRs with a very high DPS DoT when he should not even be able to SEE them in the first place. Just like CWs have their undodgeable, targeted powers which somehow magically auto-lock on invisible foes.

Oh, I understand perfectly how it is to be on the receiving end of a pvp beating, I'm in it in 9 matches out of 10 and usually it's either GWF stunning and 1-2 strike kill me or TRs or CWs holding me in the ice vice till I'm dead in 3 secs.

I wish I could autolock on TRs but unfortunately I don't know how to do that with any power. I can only hit them when they're visible, but that happens too rarely. And even then they overdamage me like I'm a naked baby.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    Lets balance a game based around people that can't play the game to its full potential. Doesn't sound at all like an issue.
    Actually it doesn't sound at all like an issue. Balancing around what only a tiny minority can achieve is what breaks game after game as the vast majority find their game experience sacrificed for the benefit of a handful of arrogant egomaniacs.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
This discussion has been closed.