What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix TRs so we can PvP again

Comments

• Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How i am playing my TR in pvp is go POTB before i get in the fight the smoke on them then stealth and just run around and do a LB about 5 seconds after I enter stealth and it will kill most people.
    If u removed the proc of on hit effects it would half the stacks POTB causes 5 stacks instead of 10 in 5 seconds.
    Also this change only happened last week on preview.
    Before this we were saying the sab 100K BB was a issue then this came along....
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    That is far from the only thing that is broken on TR.

Have a SW that runs TT and a TR in party in PvE? All you have to do is run forward because everything will be dead before you see it.

Sure TR changes are new, but SW being broken still? No excuse
    Halfling HR is still bis for pvp facetanking everything IT sees? No excuse.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Shadow of Demise is a bit on the OP side, and favors TR in PVP. Dialing down the damage or number of stacks may help in balancing this ability, but this makes it hard at present to PVP against TRs.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't think it's supposed to stack at all, but they made it not stack and then they changed it back to stacking, so I'm not sure now.
    But it probably should be toned down for PVP at least.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dialing down the stacks? The tooltip of the power states that it does not stack. Why are we talking about an obviously bugged feat?

Now you can't have a constructive exchange about the matter anyway, because everybody with the current impression of the TR will just cry a river and call for a nerf. Let them fix it, see how it feels and go from there.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I don't think it's supposed to stack at all, but they made it not stack and then they changed it back to stacking, so I'm not sure now.
    But it probably should be toned down for PVP at least.

Like Assaillant and Predator.

It should be cut by 50%.

In this case by 80% since it's TR :)
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shadow of Demise is a bit on the OP side, and favors TR in PVP. Dialing down the damage or number of stacks may help in balancing this ability, but this makes it hard at present to PVP against TRs.

lol man. I clearly see what you did.

Fascinating alternative idea though, check it out:

How about TRs keep SoD as it is, so the PvP remains fully broken for like a few months?

After that, transfer SoD to GWF, rename it to some "Great huge mechanic of doom that will kill you" thing.

After one mod, give it to GFs, rename it "Sturdy blacksmith tool of depressive anxiety" and so on, round and round we go/

Opinions?
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

How about TRs keep SoD as it is, so the PvP remains fully broken for like a few months?

After that, transfer SoD to GWF, rename it to some "Great huge mechanic of doom that will kill you" thing.

After one mod, give it to GFs, rename it "Sturdy blacksmith tool of depressive anxiety" and so on, round and round we go/

Opinions?

I thought that is what we had now.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Opinions?

so old news, this trend has been happening ever since rofl
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I thought that is what we had now.
    so old news, this trend has been happening ever since rofl

**** man, I hoped it's a revolutionary idea.

Why you destroying my dreams&hopes like this...
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    HR and CW were ruining pvp in last module. Where were you then? Now you come back with qq thread i bet another hypocrite with class which no longer win against other only because it is supposed to(due to terrible class balance in mod 4)

Said by someone who just made a QQ thread about GWF. If you can't even handle a GWF as a TR in mod5 then quit the game.
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They managed to break TR RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH, unbelievable.
    Devs were too f***ing lazy to even do some simple testings before releasing the patch.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Opinions?

This time you got it right, wont change a darn thing for any of us tho, unless we cut our losses and move on to sth new
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SoD was broken in the last preview patch before release. Reported by plenty of TRs on Preview but still went live. Pretty sure it will be fixed in the very next patch. Until then not much point in stressing about it since PvP is pretty thoroughly broken ATM anyway.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I was playing my TR for the first time in nearly a year tonight and Ive never laughed so much in PvP.

While I don't necessarily think Lashing crits for 40k is broken, since rogues need to be dangerous in melee and its single target also dodge-able. SoD isn't fair at all. it procs 4-5 times for 5-6k damage each proc and there's nothing you're opponent can do about it but splat.

I hate any ability that negates skill. While some classes like GF can diminish the damage stacked by SoD others like Cleric cannot do a whole lot while defending a point. They suck up the damage heal through it easy enough then instantly die. I've done this to clerics and had it done to mine. It's dumb.

Dazing strike is prolly too strong as well, it has no animation tell, hits like a truck in an AoE with long duration daze. I don't understand why they increased all these animation speeds, the animation tell was part of the skill in the game to avoid abilities and counter attack. Icerays hits like a truck and can't be dodged. Whats going on in this game, I left with Gtene ruining PvP and came back to much worse.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zxorn wrote: »

Dazing strike is prolly too strong as well, it has no animation tell, hits like a truck in an AoE with long duration daze. I don't understand why they increased all these animation speeds, the animation tell was part of the skill in the game to avoid abilities and counter attack. Icerays hits like a truck and can't be dodged. Whats going on in this game, I left with Gtene ruining PvP and came back to much worse.

it's mostly because dazing strike in it's previous form was inadequate to even hit a competent person. there was no skill involved simply because the animation was so long that even if i canceled it in response to a dodge 3 times in row, everyone perfectly dodged it 3 times in a row. it's because of that, that there was a limit to what you can do with it against skilled players.

i wouldn't say it hits like a truck since it's just a 4k base damage encounter and i'm still getting used to this weird invisible aoe region that i have no idea where it begins or ends.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yea dazing before was bad .. like so bad it almost never got used
  • Options
    tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was wondering what is that Shadow Of Demise thing showing on my character during PvP.. I have Burning Guidance boon and it spams alot on my screen, but WHY ON EARTH someone else's skill thingie shows on my screen too? Now I cant see anything at all...
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    Said by someone who just made a QQ thread about GWF. If you can't even handle a GWF as a TR in mod5 then quit the game.

Just ignore the trolls.

These guys defend the broken executioner capstone just by chance that they're playing a TR right now. If they were playing HRs or CWs, they'd no doubt frickin' defend the very OPness that they're condemning right now.

They got no perspective at all. Waste of time with him and his ilk.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    dongaroudongarou Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I play as ty, all i need to do is click smokebomb, enter in stealth and watch all melt at my feet. I just need 3 keys of keyboard to play, please fix it. Shadow Demise is stacking endless. For all using plaguefire/flaming all damage in stealth will count as 4x when demise procs.

3 years of neverwinter beta, bring the big report button back. :)
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bvira wrote: »

You are just hypocrite, GWF have one shot intimidation in this mod as well. You are just bunch of blind who don't see broken things in other class. Shadow of demise is a bit too strong on pvp but you are only in crazy panic.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    List of things requiring urgent fixes:
    • GWF intimidation one shot
    • HR being more tanky than GWF
    • CW, control class which cast all spells in speed hard to even notice, TR has much slower activation of skills
    • DC with too strong dps as for healing class. Bvira won't admitt it because it's obvious this guy want to keep his class in ridiculous state when you can be super tanky, super healer or super dpser.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You are just hypocrite, GWF have one shot intimidation in this mod as well. You are just bunch of blind who don't see broken things in other class. Shadow of demise is a bit too strong on pvp but you are only in crazy panic.

exactly. those intimidation procs are nothing to sneeze at >.>

i probably need to fight an dot-using executioner to see shadow of demise at peak performance, but not expecting much considering how i just toyed with the couple i ran into already.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014

You're the hypocrite. You know what GWFs can 1 shot? Those that have over 12k power. And actually it's 2-3 crit shots against someone properly geared for pvp and not 20k HP scrubs with no tenacity. Whereas a TR can easily screw up anyone with twice their GS.

And obviously you didn't mention TR in your list of urgent fixes. Rofl. Such a pathetic troll.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    You're the hypocrite. You know what GWFs can 1 shot? Those that have over 12k power. And actually it's 2-3 crit shots against someone properly geared for pvp and not 20k HP scrubs with no tenacity. Whereas a TR can easily screw up anyone with twice their GS.

And obviously you didn't mention TR in your list of urgent fixes. Rofl. Such a pathetic troll.

I don't mention what has been already mentioned, but you are blind and see only TR things to fix not other classes.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well all off this people were saying tr is op in mod 4 even tho it didnt stand a chance against a single class with same skill gear.
    because few tr refuse to die and run around in stealth all day doing 0 dmg.
    how dare they not die in 2 sec or in 1 shot its an outrage
    so nothing new here.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »

nobody is arguing against a tweak for shadow of demise as we all support it. what we don't support is ignoring the faults of other classes.

gwf's don't need 12k power to be lethal. i have enough experience fighting them to know that if they catch you with a stun, you WILL die in 3 seconds if you can't break out of it due to the sheer damage of their attacks + intimidation. and despite what they say, their stuns actually last almost as long as they need to pull that off leaving you with minimal hp after escaping. some people also don't know this but you can't melee a gwf unless you courage breaker them 1st. they simply out-tank us in every regard to even attempt to melee them. it's always a hit and run with that class

hunters soloing entire teams is barely mentioned. there was even some bug i noticed before pathfinders where a jumping hunter will literally not get tagged by an attack despite not dodging. it probably still exists but who knows. there is even the red glyph hunters who can just 1-shot anyone with some melee attack. not sure if that was fixed but that was beyond ridiculous.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, I know you were trying to fix TR but an 11k TR was able to kill me (18k CW) and my whole entire team. That shouldn't be possible. Please nerf lashing blade and the other overpowered PVP powers

LOL! Sorry, but I have to laugh at anything related to PvP "balance." Especially when it comes from a CW.

I mean, come on, were you complaining when any CW could take out 5 people quickly in PvP?

There seems to be complaint trend on these forums related to PvP: If your chosen class is dominating PvP, everything is "balanced." If not, then the nerf requests start flying . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    justsomenoob4501justsomenoob4501 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These TR are taking down dragons in 5 seconds, making it impossible for any other class to score great success. Please fix this. The game is just dumb when a dagger dual wielder takes down dragons in seconds.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Devs definitely did not have something in mind like this. There were plenty of reports so. Going to be more than enough that they'll tone it waay back next week or possibly even Thursday.

Now.... let GWFs carry two huge swords at once in Mod 6 so they can topple the HR and now the dominant TR:P
This discussion has been closed.