test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141104a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Arcane Presence: Now also passively increases your recharge speed by 5/10/15%.
    • Chill Strike: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Chilling Presence: Damage bonus increased to 2% per stack (per rank) and is doubled on Frozen targets.
    • Entangling Force: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Fanning the Flames: This power now activates 40% faster."
    • Icy Rays marked target duration has been reduced to a more reasonable time.
    • Icy Rays: Targets can now be marked while moving.
    • Icy Rays: The follow up portion of this power now activates 40% faster.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Repel: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Sudden Storm: This power now activates 40% faster.
  • Devoted Cleric
    • Daunting Light: Now properly grants AP again.
    • Divine Mode: Casting speed on all encounter powers has been substantially incerased in Divine Mode.
    • Forgemaster's Flame: Now correctly slows NPCs for the proper amount.
    • Searing Light: Now properly benefits from Empowerment again."
    • Guardian Fighter
    • Knights Valor: Now targets the closest 5 players rather than an unlimited number.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Bait and Switch: The Bait and Switch Dummy will now more effectively taunt targets and grab their attention.
    • Cloud of Steel: Applies a stacking damage buff on the target for 4 seconds. Each stack increases the damage of Cloud of Steel by 5%, stacking up to 8 times.
    • Sly Flourish: Now applies Broken Armor for 15 seconds (up from 6).
    • Sly Flourish: Overall damage now increased by 15% on all strikes.
    • Smoke Bomb now deals Poison damage over time to all targets caught within it.
    • Stealth Depletion: Stealth depletion is now based on base stealth Duration rather than modified duration."
    • Stealth: Stealth depletion from damage is now directly related to how much damage the target deals. You lose an amount equal to the percent of HP that you lose in the attack.

Content and Environment
  • Castle Never: Resolved the door in front of Dracolich fight to prevent multiple players double-interacting with it and closing the door.
  • Lair of the Pirate King: The puzzle treasure chest near the ledge has been slightly redesigned.
  • Well of Dragons: Lay of the Land: The interact FX now consistently display.
  • Well of Dragons: Resolved some enemy respawn timers on several Heroic Encounters.

Enemies
  • Tiamat: Enemies in this fight now have increased resistance to control effects except knock back effects.
  • Tiamat: Her Breath weapons no longer affect companions such as a lightning bolt chaining from them onto you or an ally.

Items and Economy
  • All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

User Interface
  • Artifact Gear related UI has received a few cosmetic updates such as floating level up notifications. More FLUPS!
  • Currencies now all show an item gained notification in the bottom right of the screen.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    This is being posted to Preview very shortly.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account.

How are we going to get RP with a reasonable amount of AD now?
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    How are we going to get RP with a reasonable amount of AD now?

You don't. :'(
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this is such a terrible terrible idea
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Items and Economy

All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account.

Does this mean that pre-Mod5 RP items, currently stored in the Bank or inventory and which are not bound to anything will retroactively become Bound to Account with the release of Mod5?

Pearls, Aquamarines, Peridot etc also can be dropped from Invoking, Professions, Skill Nodes and Chests. We these also become BtA in spite or their source or will they become non-stackable with the RP items dropped from Tymora, Dragon Hoard and Lesser Fey? Some clarification would be most welcome.
    Items and Economy

All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

(Highlight is mine) Ty for the edit/update. I will able to sleep tonight
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    this is such a terrible terrible idea

With how Cryptic has been going with this type of stuff before, it was bound to happen eventually...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    panderus wrote: »

Wat , you are kidding right? if this is how it's going to be then are you at least going to reduce the RP needed to level up artifact gear to some kind of achievable amount?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wasn't there a post in the Reddit thread by a Cryptic employee saying that they'd remove the reason people feel they must bot, not attacking the bots themselves? This actually just encourages legit players to bot, since now the only reasonable way to get RP is through your own Enchants, and the only reasonable way to farm the enchant drops is: you guessed it, through botting.
  • bergamoshbergamosh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi,
    Items and Economy

In case the internal cooldown of this 3 enchants is erased, it can be... acceptable. If not, i prefer don't imagine time of RP leveling.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Items and Economy

I find this a veeeeeery bad idea. Seeing the amount of Artifact gear you guys bring out and pretty much removing White + Green Resonance from the market. Same goes for Aquamarine and the higher RP stones.

This will result that all players that don't have a nice AD income or isn't rich it is pretty much impossible to reach Legendary... and don't forget there four pieces in mod 5 that takes 4x 4.6M RP. So... yeah that means A LOT of AD needed (cause we all know farming all this yourself takes ages). This is pretty much saying to the new players... screw you. The rich ppl of Neverwinter are able to buy the stuff anyways, if they can spend 20M AD for a Legendary Mount than this wouldn't be a problem either. But enough players also play more than just 1 class... that means 18M RP each character you play to have all 4 parts to be Legendary.

I advice to exclude the Resonance stones from the binds. For the normal artifacts we can use normal enchantments... but that is not possible and using blue gear to refine, which means pretty much 15000 pieces of blue gear worth 300 RP each (or 7500 / 600 RP each if you use the matching piece of gear).

I understand that you want to do something about botting... but this isn't the way to do it. Cause if you let it bound I can promise you a mass exodus will come cause 90% of the playerbase (I think it's more 95% actually) can't afford to get 4 + 3 Legendaries, Perfects, R8+ etc. Even I will have a problem and I really can't complain about my AD Income.

Else you need to bring a other way to gain RP for our Artifact Weapons.
    signature-lili.png
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    What about the visual effect for empowerment stack? I can't see it in the note
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bots will find a new way to generate AD. Enchants, anyone?

This is another fix that's directed to the symptoms of botting, not grasping the problem by the roots. And who's the one that will suffer from this? The 99%. Period. Not the wealthy which stacked up several hundered mil of RP = AD, not the bots themselves but the ones that "need" the artificially low RP prices we could witness just until several minutes/hours ago.

I really wish the devs decide to compensate for this by lowering the total amount of RP required per Artifact Gear. But let's be honest here. Odds are comparable to putting a Porsche GT2 RS on your christmas wish list.

If there won't be a 2x RP weekend (what's the status on that anyways) I guess I'll just call it good. No means to generate AD legitimately any longer, no means to level Artifact Gear without spending months of heavy farming (which also doesn't yield any AD which you ALSO need for advancing your Arti gear. Cubes, anyone?).

TL;DR:
    Craptastic change putting the burden on the wrong end of the player base. Give us compensation via lowered RP requirements or 2x RP weekend(S).
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    why shouldn't we? considering the fact that they release better items that requires us to refine again every few months

some players like to enjoy the game with the best gear, the system is just getting worse

Especially this.. I mean how many people spend hours and hours to get the offhand from MC or VT? Which are obsolete in mod 5 (though that was already the case in mod 4, but with the new artifact offhands).

Mod 3 i had 5 classes that i played and were geared.. SW was #6 and dumped 3 other classes as I already saw the amount of AD needed for this and the huge amount of dailies (especially if you need 5x for the dragon.. with each character you play). But if this keeps going i probably will focus more on just 1 character.. sad cause i really like to play more classes. But i just dont have the time for this and im a student, people with families and work full time even have less time to play.. spending your few hours sparetime you have left on repetitive gameplay since the RP grinding will also be included is really what will make a lot of casual players leave (and even the bit more than casual players).

Oh well.. at least happy that i bought 18 stacks of lesser resonance last 2 weeks. At least one piece of gear i can make to legendary ^^
    signature-lili.png
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok,here is my view on the matter : Grinding for refining stones,enchants,peridots etc will increase to infinitely boring / painstaking levels,unless you(the devs) have in store some way of balancing things out.If you don't, making them Account Bound is a very bad idea.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • munchkinkittymunchkinkitty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Items and Economy

All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

This is probably a bad idea. With all the new artifact gear coming out, how do you fathom people farming enough refinement to upgrade their gear? The market and player to player interaction is also going to go to utter crud.

Most of my stuff is 100% refined already, besides the new artifact equipment coming out, so this doesn't put a damper on me as much. However I'm sure this is going to be devastating to new players coming into the game. It's much easier to earn AD then farming all those Refinement Items, and they're going to be severely hindered in upgrading their gear to playable level. You can only grind a game so much before it's just not fun anymore.
    I know they're trying to stop the gold sellers, but I don't think making everyone rely strictly on their own resources is going to make the game more fun or bot-free.
    Brìgh gach cluiche gu dheireadh.
    Ó Treasigh GF
    Ó Murchadh GWF
    Ó Kermichil CW

Ó Pádruig TR
    Ó Dànaidh HR

Ó Fionnlagh DC
    Ó Amhlaidh SW
    Ó Naomhin OP

BLACK LOTUS
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I farmed to level my artifacts, but I did it with only the smaller stones and jewels, and sold the Black Opals and Sapphires in tiny stacks, for AD to save up to buy other things that I wasn't able to get even running the dungeon or skirmish 100+times.

I think that this is a lazy solution. You could just code it so people can only list one stack of anything a day. I know that you all check people's IP addresses from actions that you have taken on the accounts of people that I know. like protecting them when they noticed a different IP address accessing the game from their account.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    You won't. Just FWIW, AH prices on RP items doubled short after this was posted. And that's just the beginning.

Tripled now.

And the botters have 11 days in which to make crazy AD now. Which they will.

If people didn't find refining artifacts and artifact gear horrifically punishing and grindy, the desire to buy from bots would have been much less. The resistance to buying blood rubies will not be reduced, no more so than people want to pay ten bucks for a coal ward.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • baron335baron335 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The people who think this is a good idea already have gotten their artifacts to max level or have a ton of RP items saved up.

If the devs/producer read this the thing you need to remember is that this is a GAME. It is meant to be fun and you are meant to progress. I have been playing a short time and the longer I play the more sad it makes me that I have spent over $600 dollars on this game. From the RNG item drops to now having a chance at 7 artifacts which will be IMPOSSIBLE to level up legitly if you can't use the Auction House. I'm not trying to get all the best gear over night but there needs to be a carrot in front of the horse. There needs to be a clear progression path where my playtime and work will count for something.

I hope you truly think this through before putting this live. It will be hard to play through the grind that is MoD4 and MoD5 with no light at the end of the tunnel.
  • xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have been playing for about a year now and i am just now getting items to legendary. I have a lot invested in my characters and with the nerfs, Keys/Wards BoP, The zen exchange not working properly, The non stop job like grinding for dailies and now seeing this, What is the point in even playing this game anymore?

Neverwinter has become a grind fest and if this really goes live then that's it. You'll spend more time grinding/working then actually doing things because that are fun (Well i guess that's how it is now) and adding more grinding on top of it will just drive players away. PWE is not the first company to personally kill their own games and i'm sure they wont be the last...
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Grinding was mod 1-2. You could farm dungeons that were actually kinda tough if you didn't bug through them. I did like 100 Mad Dragon's to get the stalwart helm, hours and hour for that set. Farm enchants in Rothe Valley doing endless circles. Sure I did a few hundred CN 1st boss runs to sell rings, but I was playing the game, deep in the content and then in one mod you take out all the need to farm anything lol. You just buy 3rd party AD, or you haven't figured it out yet, and spend a RIDICULOUS amount on an ittttty bit of zen lol.

I never wanted to buy Zen or AD. Sure I spent 20 bucks for my blue stone, but that thing was AWESOME. Now you guys drop new items in that takes million upon millions of AD to rank up, with no economy or reason to do hardly any of your dungeons. You do realize PVP players had to run through the PVE just like everyone else to get the gear at one point.

Now?? You have 24-26K GS HR's on the PTR... Imagine what happens if you manage to entice a large group to play. Getting a 13-14k GS used to be HUGE. NO ONE will pvp after a few rounds of running into Bis end game pvp since your matchmaking is so bad. People who PVE do it because they have nothign else to do a LOT of free time lol. Because I promise you, the mixing up of gear days are over. You nerfed too many sets, and now you are killing another massssssive part of the game.
  • nwswansnwswans Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    Classes and Balance
    Items and Economy
    • All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

You're fixing this wrong. To combat the bots, this is not enough. The bots mainly farm in the Arcane Reservoir instance, and they gain the peridots and resonance stones from the SKILL NODES (the closest is the religion kit) in that instance!

You should make the rewards from skill nodes to be bound-to-account. Please just go to Sharandar, stand outside the Arcane Reservoir entrance and look at the bots there. You will see that they are mostly TRs, which stealth and run to the 1st available node. There are other bots that follow a specific path through certain areas in Sharandar as well, and they gain most of their peridots and resonance stones from the skill nodes that are not guarded by monsters.

If you wish to know their route, please PM me and I can show you their path in Sharandar, where they access the nodes that do not involve fighting any monsters. So please, please! Take the correct action and make the loot from skill nodes to be bound-to-account, as that is where the bots get their loot from.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With these changes, I think now would be the perfect time to breathe new and better life back to the foundry system.

Please consider making it so that foundries that count for the dailies have a bonus to RP drops (eg. 1.5) plus an extra bonus (eg. another 1.5) during the foundry event (with results similar to the x2 enchantments weekend, hopefully). Doing this would significantly improve awareness/interest in the foundry system as well as make tackling the longer quests much more viable (since people will be doing it for the drops now instead of the raw AD). It would also encourage more players to try their at hand at being foundry authors, encourage the creation of better foundry content, and encourage the creation of foundry content for more than 1 player, essentially turning foundries into a sort of customized dungeon with respect to the dungeons we already have, instead of essentially being just flavor quests.
    Changing the end chest reward into refining stones (instead of items) would also help.
    This might well be just what foundries need to mesh better with (and become a much more significant aspect of) the game.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    With these changes, I think now would be the perfect time to breathe new and better life back to the foundry system.

Please consider making it so that foundries that count for the dailies have a bonus to RP drops (eg. 1.5) plus an extra bonus (eg. another 1.5) during the foundry event (with results similar to the x2 enchantments weekend, hopefully). Doing this would significantly improve awareness/interest in the foundry system as well as make tackling the longer quests much more viable (since people will be doing it for the drops now instead of the raw AD). It would also encourage more players to try their at hand at being foundry authors, encourage the creation of better foundry content, and encourage the creation of foundry content for more than 1 player, essentially turning foundries into a sort of customized dungeon with respect to the dungeons we already have, instead of essentially being just flavor quests.
    Changing the end chest reward into refining stones (instead of items) would also help.
    This might well be just what foundries need to mesh better with (and become a much more significant aspect of) the game.

I would rather pay people to make good foundry content than PWE. How about let the foundry people make some new pvp maps? Some new game modes? You know how many tens of thousands of dollars you have lost by not enticing the pvp population with more than 2 maps and 1 mode, + GG + that excuse for pvp with IWD...

But for real, I loved foundry, they could make 10x the quests that the dev's can on here. Granted the devs do what PWE tells them, so we can't really blame them. If your boss tells you to make a pile of ****, no matter how crafty you are, at the end of the day it is still a pile of ****.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [*]All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

If you don't lower RP costs or increase the drop rate or increase the amount of RP this stuff gives you can just remove all artifacts from the game. How are we supposed to ever get them to legendary?

I'm getting more and more tired of this game.
    edited November 2014
    I'm constantly amazed about how Cryptic is unable to sell bad news like that. I'm not a marketing guy but common sense tells me that this is not the way to go.

They could have said something like the following.

"All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

In order to help you on your epic way to fame and glory we have decided to not only double the drop rate from those enchants but also to double the amount of RP they give." (preferable with an increase of 3x...4x... 5x... even if its just a dream)

Why don't they learn? If you take away from people you also have to give them something else. Thus they are less likely to be mad.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Hey all,

Just popping in real quick to let you all know that I have forwarded some of your concerns to some of our developers before the workday ended and intend to follow up Monday to discuss the issue.

That you all for your feedback. These are the sorts of issues we hope the preview shard can catch for us so we can make sure we are making the best decisions for the game.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey all,

Just popping in real quick to let you all know that I have forwarded some of your concerns to some of our developers before the workday ended and intend to follow up Monday to discuss the issue.

That you all for your feedback. These are the sorts of issues we hope the preview shard can catch for us so we can make sure we are making the best decisions for the game.

Hey Pandarius, I know that you guys are trying your best, and i appreciate the effort. Please see my thread below for my concerns. Thank you,

Chem

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787011-Dear-Cryptic-from-a-serious-player-please-read
    edited November 2014
    Yep, I've been reading the various threads about the topic, thanks.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey all,

Thank god there is hope. I don't want to get all dramatic but this change would have huge consequences on the player base and moral.
    edited November 2014
    The botting isnt something that they can fix in just one or two instances. The issue is the fact that YOU as a player NEED the botters, or youll never be able to afford to buy the items you need, or the RP to make them level.

They need to remove the NEED for bots. Not remove their ability.

Absolutely.

At least there is hope now :-) They just need to give us reasonable alternatives to let us have those legendary artefacts in a reasonable amount of time... let's say after playing n hours you'll have enough RP to get one of them to legendary (something like n < 200). Otherwise people might be too frustrated to keep playing.
This discussion has been closed.