test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141104a.1

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Make Artifact Equipment gain experience as you kill stuff with them.

It's an interesting idea. It sort of takes a page from the section on intelligent weapons from the old DMG.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I somehow doubt a single person with Legendary equipment managed to get it there solely by the RP they managed to get from drops (PVP only more so). Without reasonable access to purchase the RP necessary to get items up to that level the whales will simply move on. The mainstay players will become frustrated as they lose hope of ever reaching the level of the top players in the game. And the casuals will see all the negativity from the others and decide their time is better spent elsewhere.

There is a basic rule of working with humans that when you intend to take away something they depend on in their daily lives that you must give them some form of replacement that is better aligned with your goals but still allows them to somewhat normally. There are many ways to achieve this, some more difficult than others. Lowering RP requirements would be difficult for a variety of reasons, mostly due to the number of items already in play. Increasing the availability of RP items through other channels and lowering WB and ZS prices would seem to be the easiest without damaging the current system to much. I'm sure there are other ways. The point is that these items RP requirements for leveling were based on an economy that included AH RP at reasonable prices. You cant simply take away the most popular RP source without giving us another option. Seriously Cryptic. Think Long and Hard on what you are about to do to this game.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oniwarlord wrote: »
    This right here. +1

Sure it sucks for legit players. However, in any MMO, FARMING is present. You want the best gear? Go farm it.

Welcome to life, it sucks

You know man, I don't want everything for free. I don't mind farming - i actually enjoy farming dungeons and i have spent thousands of hours doing so.

I don't mind if there are some special items i have to pay for, they have to make money to keep producing content. That's fine too! No one has a problem with this.

The problem is when the ROI or ROT is too low. if one legendary item is hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours - that's a problem. That's unreasonable, and no one in their right mind - especially those with lives and with budgets - would ever agree to such a thing.

The issue isn't that no one wants to farm or no one wants to pay, we just want a reasonable return on that investment
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I appreciate that it will revent bots selling rp which could be considered a problem, and rp is pretty cheap. However the thing is the bots are the only way to make it manageable, you still have to pay a tonne overall to make it legendary. Having only 5 enchants at a time is also a pain and so for regular artifacts I vendor trash my stacks of rank 2s because it's not worth the time. If you guys go ahead of this change, the gap between those who already have legendary gear and those who have no concerns about spending ridiculous amounts of money.

If we take the bazzar price of rp from flawless sapphires (which are actual cheaper than blood ruby packs from the zen store).
    30,000 ad for 5000 rp
    4,645200 rp needed for 1 piece of artifact equipment
    929.04 sapphires needed
    27,871,200 AD
    At 500ad/zen that's over 55,000 zen or $550

We also have artifact belts, cloak and an off hand so far so $2,200. Presumably you're going to make them inferior at some point too.

For that reason, bots are the saving grace because your system is truly horrendous. Bots are why the system barely even works because currently it is fairly achievable, although because of less things we're able to sell I'd have a harder time making ad which is a problem in itself. That's not to mention that people have less things to farm being able to sell the drops.

Part of me wants you to go ahead of this just so you get what you deserve for constantly punishing players such as forcing the ridiculous zen store cost if you need a coal ward.

So wait, if i want 7 legendary artifacts that's... 3750$, right? good deal?

Or maybe i could buy a 50 in TV, a PS4, ten games, and have 2500$ left over.

This result is just insanity.
    edited November 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    Well i am Free2play

For most of the days in 2014 i was just logging in invoking, sell some items (like the pocket pets i bought for around 80k and sold for few hundred thousand), do some leadership stuff.
    With the AD i have now (without keeping into account all the stuff that is waiting to be sold) and the resonance stacks i allready bought i can get lots of artifact equipment pieces to legendary quite easily.
    So for me this change isnt that bad at all, but if you look at it closely you will realize how redicolous the system was. Again I didnt pay real money - mostly just traded event items - logged in once a day for 20 minutes and I can get legendary equipment quite easily.

Is that how it should be? Well i dont really think so - legendary stuff shouldnt be so easy to achieve. With only 1 Million AD you could get a legendary artifact equipment piece (before patch notes). How redicolous is that? And at the same time people complain about that there is no endgame content (Hard goals like that are PART of having an endgame experience)

And all the people complaining: "OMG!!!!! How should i get my legendary weapon i would need to farm foundry for everrr!!! ZOMG!!111"

You know what? Then dont get a legendary weapon if it is not worth it for you. You all complain about the "developers" being greedy (allthough we dont know if that was their explicit choice) but i get the feeling that this angry people who have "gathered" here are the real greedy people. What is the problem with having an epic artifact equipment piece? Is it so humiliating for you?

And please dont tell me without a legendary weapon you cant suceed in PvP premades. Every rank 10 costs more AD than 1 legendary equipment piece (before patch notes)

I dont come here saying: "OMG!!! How should get my tenser's floating disk? its so epenzive!!!!! I would need to farm for ever!!!" Its upon you to decide if you want to do that. If that game has NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU TO OFFER THAN LEGENDARY EQUIPMENT - it has been said before - a gentleman would leave quietly...

Interesting - what games did you actually play in which you had the best main hand weapon / belt qeuipment piece?

Ok man... no one is saying we shouldn't farm, and no one is saying we like bots.

Farming dungeons, few hours a day, working hard, teamwork, doing content - that's great! excellent! That play should be rewarded.

Doing mobs farm for hours and hours a day, mindless clicking over and over and over again, that is NOT fun. That is work.

There was a time i was living in DC, doing temporary legal work. Now the pay was between 28-34$/hr, plus overtime. So those weeks when we were billing 65 or 70$ a week, i was taking home what? 2000$.week? a little more? It sounds good but it's not great in DC.

Now, the job, reviewing documents, consisted of going through many files of documents - spreadsheets, powerpoints, emails, advertisements, pictures, etc... and trying to find stuff that was relevant to the case. Now that was actually pretty rare - maybe 1 out of 100 - and they would often occur in clusters. So really what it was was getting paid 30$+ an hour to do mindless clicking. One place even catered lunches for us. All the places had free coffee.

That said, i grew to hate every waking minute of that job. It was hours and hours of mindless, nonsensical mouse clicking. A co worked described it as a "special circle of hell."

Now farming foundries, going in, going out, doing the same easy, mindless thing, over and over again, is basically the same as this job, but without a pay check.

If they can't get me to do it at 30$+/hr, how could they possibly get me to do it for free.

There should be rewards for actual content, not mindless killing of chickens.

If you want to say "suck it up or get out" then, well, I'll get out and so will a lot of other people.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I somehow doubt a single person with Legendary equipment managed to get it there solely by the RP they managed to get from drops (PVP only more so). Without reasonable access to purchase the RP necessary to get items up to that level the whales will simply move on. The mainstay players will become frustrated as they lose hope of ever reaching the level of the top players in the game. And the casuals will see all the negativity from the others and decide their time is better spent elsewhere.
    My brother did his main hand to legendary through only farming.
    Took him around 3 weeks grinding a few hours a day, approx. 60-70 hours or so.
    70 hours is a long time for one piece of gear that you already had to grind to get.
    I'm no casual but grinding 150 hours (this mod) of just RP after you already have to grind countless dragons to get the drops, or to get that far in campaign to craft the weapon is just too much.
    Do they want you to play multiple characters anymore? Seems not with these changes and odious campaign grinds. With more arty equip coming next mod this will only get worse.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We understand that you're upset with these proposed changes, however, please do understand that Rules of Conduct are still in force. Sarcastic or snarky comments, or accusations, towards other posters or towards devs/staff is not considered feedback and will not help anyone. Any such posts will be removed, as will any posts quoting a removed post. Also, remember that posts threatening to quit or alluding to quitting are viewed the same as posting that you quit, and are prohibited under rule 3.15. Thank you for your understanding.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The change to BtA refining items would probably pretty much be an unmitigated disaster for the game's overall player population, which would also affect profitability. It has become increasingly difficult for newer players to catch up to BiS level with each module; this would make it almost exponentially more so. For established players, it would mean their ability to advance further would become almost completely stymied.

One fundamental question is whether it's intended on the developer side that only whales should be able to attain the best stuff in the game, or whether that should also be open to free players who invest sufficient (and not excessive) time to actually playing the game. That aside, there are some other issues to consider which could be addressed alongside this issue.

Rewards for Actually Playing the Game: For a while, large sections of the player base has become increasingly frustrated with the comparative lack of rewards for actually playing through the content. A large part of the problem here is in the lottery-like nature of gaining the very rare rewards that give meaningful payouts (like artifact belts, artifacts or boon tomes) while the more consistent rewards are fairly niggardly. The main way that some players make profit towards advancement is by trading on the Auction House (which is inherently exploitative of other players) and spending a lot of time clicking through leadership alts (which is inherently inflationary of the total AD supply), not actually playing. Bots provided a vital service for players here in that it made those profits spendable for advancement at a cost that's reasonable in terms of time invested.

The Current Solution Suffers From Mission Creep: Making these enchants bound to account will also cause another issue; botterss will use them to refine non-BtA enchantments, which while it may decrease the returns on some refining stones (like resonance stones), will still allow them to harvest most of the value, and sink the higher-end enchantment market in the process. So the logical extension of the current policy will be to make those BtA too, or institute some other measure that punishes players most of all.

The core problem is really that many measures instituted to harm botting also harms legitimate play on several different levels; both in terms of the ability to attain rewards from playing, and in terms of the ability to acquire rewards from the market. It does benefit the player group that sells such materials themselves, but those would benefit even more from a solution that would raise overall rewards from playing in such a way that it preempts bots.

That said, here are some proposals and reasonings behind them:

• Players should receive some BoE refining stones for each epic dungeon or periodic dungeon (like Biggrin's Tomb or Arcane Reservoir) that they complete. As completing the epic boss fights probably isn't the bots' forte (and it would likely take far too much effort to gear/program bots to do so), this would effectively move that market from bot-driven to player-driven. Each dungeon should give at minimum an Aquamarine or Flawless Sapphire, with a chance of a better item, like a Black Opal, Blood Ruby or Brilliant Diamond (possibly as a boss drop). Higher-tier content should give better rewards or have higher drop rates on better refining stones. Most or even all epic dungeon bosses should drop a BoE refining stone or mark in addition to the current rewards they give (and not green stuff either).
    • Along similar lines, the reward chests in foundries should be augmented with at least a peridot during foundry hour. Alternately, or in addition, completing the daily Foundry quest should also give some refining stones or marks. Boosting foundry rewards is good for fostering more variety in-game, which is probably good for player retention.
    • The contents of Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation should be boosted a bit to give players access to better refining consolation prices, and to reflect the increasing refining requirements of the game. Their random refining stone drops should all be boosted by at least one step: Peridots to Aquamarines, Aquamarines to Flawless Sapphires, rank 4s to rank 5s, and rank 5s to rank 6s. Maybe give a chance for higher-tier refining stone drops too. All BtA.
    • Epic items should reward far more RP than they currently do when fed to artifact equipment. This would increase player-specific rewards for some activities; notably completing end-game bosses and using PvP gear bought from glory as refining materials. Since equipment can only be used to refine bound items, and the glory gear is BoP (should be changed to BtA) already, this will benefit legitimate players and give a reasonable ability to advance through playing PvP too, without inviting more bots.
    • Another way to hit bots (and predatory AH speculators) is to make green and blue refining marks (union, power, stability) available at the Wondrous Bazaar at a slightly lower cost than Marks of Potency of the same rank. These are required to advance artifact items, and the current costs are probably hurting newer players most of all. This would help players and further dampen the incentives to bot skill nodes.
    • While you're working on issues related to bots, changing the reward structure for PvP to discourage botting it would also be nice, as long as it also benefits legitimate players. This would mean: Removal of the ability to salvage PvP gear, awarding some RAD for each PvP *victory* (as bots aren't generally good at winning), double the victory RAD during PvP hour, and reducing or eliminating the RAD rewards for the daily quest. This would also hit those players who "only do PvP for the daily", which isn't necessarily a bad thing either. In addition, each player on a winning team could be awarded 1-3 BtA peridots, scaling like the base glory rewards for longer games.
    • If the drops from Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing Enchantments are made BtA, the percentage chance of a drop should increase a bit, giving greater periodic rewards for using them.
    • The issue of bots crafting higher-tier enchantments and selling those instead could be averted to some extent by increasing player access to one of the main limiting factors: Wards. Players could earn a Preservation Ward for completing a certain number of epic dungeons or winning a certain number of PvP games. Bots would have less ability to access these rewards, which would make their ward costs slightly higher, driving down their competitiveness compared to legitimate players. The number of wards given shouldn't be great enough to hurt Zen Store sales (and may in fact encourage sales, as players may attempt to fuse more often with more free wards and more refining points), just enough to dent bot price margins.

This person knows what he's talking about.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    That said, i grew to hate every waking minute of that job. It was hours and hours of mindless, nonsensical mouse clicking. A co worked described it as a "special circle of hell."

Lexis Nexis / Civil Discovery eh?
    Dude seriously i am studying law please dont ruin my leftover optimism (in germany tho) :D
  • firefate1firefate1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We understand that you're upset with these proposed changes, however, please do understand that Rules of Conduct are still in force. Sarcastic or snarky comments, or accusations, towards other posters or towards devs/staff is not considered feedback and will not help anyone. Any such posts will be removed, as will any posts quoting a removed post. Also, remember that posts threatening to quit or alluding to quitting are viewed the same as posting that you quit, and are prohibited under rule 3.15. Thank you for your understanding.

get the **** out of here *****. The devs and pwe need to read what people are saying you fcking ******.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard
      • Arcane Presence: Now also passively increases your recharge speed by 5/10/15%.
      • Chill Strike: This power now activates 40% faster.
      • Chilling Presence: Damage bonus increased to 2% per stack (per rank) and is doubled on Frozen targets.
      • Entangling Force: This power now activates 40% faster.
      • Fanning the Flames: This power now activates 40% faster."
      • Icy Rays marked target duration has been reduced to a more reasonable time.
      • Icy Rays: Targets can now be marked while moving.
      • Icy Rays: The follow up portion of this power now activates 40% faster.
      • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now activates 40% faster.
      • Repel: This power now activates 40% faster.
      • Sudden Storm: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Devoted Cleric
      • Daunting Light: Now properly grants AP again.
      • Divine Mode: Casting speed on all encounter powers has been substantially incerased in Divine Mode.
      • Forgemaster's Flame: Now correctly slows NPCs for the proper amount.
      • Searing Light: Now properly benefits from Empowerment again."
      • Guardian Fighter
      • Knights Valor: Now targets the closest 5 players rather than an unlimited number.
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Bait and Switch: The Bait and Switch Dummy will now more effectively taunt targets and grab their attention.
      • Cloud of Steel: Applies a stacking damage buff on the target for 4 seconds. Each stack increases the damage of Cloud of Steel by 5%, stacking up to 8 times.
      • Sly Flourish: Now applies Broken Armor for 15 seconds (up from 6).
      • Sly Flourish: Overall damage now increased by 15% on all strikes.
      • Smoke Bomb now deals Poison damage over time to all targets caught within it.
      • Stealth Depletion: Stealth depletion is now based on base stealth Duration rather than modified duration."
      • Stealth: Stealth depletion from damage is now directly related to how much damage the target deals. You lose an amount equal to the percent of HP that you lose in the attack.

Content and Environment
    • Castle Never: Resolved the door in front of Dracolich fight to prevent multiple players double-interacting with it and closing the door.
    • Lair of the Pirate King: The puzzle treasure chest near the ledge has been slightly redesigned.
    • Well of Dragons: Lay of the Land: The interact FX now consistently display.
    • Well of Dragons: Resolved some enemy respawn timers on several Heroic Encounters.

Enemies
    • Tiamat: Enemies in this fight now have increased resistance to control effects except knock back effects.
    • Tiamat: Her Breath weapons no longer affect companions such as a lightning bolt chaining from them onto you or an ally.

Items and Economy
    • All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

User Interface
    • Artifact Gear related UI has received a few cosmetic updates such as floating level up notifications. More FLUPS!
    • Currencies now all show an item gained notification in the bottom right of the screen.

I love this patch. Thanks for all the hardwork, devs. Being a TR, I'd say us TRs are now ready for Live.

However, the Executioners might need some more love, tho'.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The change to BtA refining items would probably pretty much be an unmitigated disaster for the game's overall player population, which would also affect profitability. It has become increasingly difficult for newer players to catch up to BiS level with each module; this would make it almost exponentially more so. For established players, it would mean their ability to advance further would become almost completely stymied.

One fundamental question is whether it's intended on the developer side that only whales should be able to attain the best stuff in the game, or whether that should also be open to free players who invest sufficient (and not excessive) time to actually playing the game. That aside, there are some other issues to consider which could be addressed alongside this issue.

Rewards for Actually Playing the Game: For a while, large sections of the player base has become increasingly frustrated with the comparative lack of rewards for actually playing through the content. A large part of the problem here is in the lottery-like nature of gaining the very rare rewards that give meaningful payouts (like artifact belts, artifacts or boon tomes) while the more consistent rewards are fairly niggardly. The main way that some players make profit towards advancement is by trading on the Auction House (which is inherently exploitative of other players) and spending a lot of time clicking through leadership alts (which is inherently inflationary of the total AD supply), not actually playing. Bots provided a vital service for players here in that it made those profits spendable for advancement at a cost that's reasonable in terms of time invested.

The Current Solution Suffers From Mission Creep: Making these enchants bound to account will also cause another issue; botterss will use them to refine non-BtA enchantments, which while it may decrease the returns on some refining stones (like resonance stones), will still allow them to harvest most of the value, and sink the higher-end enchantment market in the process. So the logical extension of the current policy will be to make those BtA too, or institute some other measure that punishes players most of all.

The core problem is really that many measures instituted to harm botting also harms legitimate play on several different levels; both in terms of the ability to attain rewards from playing, and in terms of the ability to acquire rewards from the market. It does benefit the player group that sells such materials themselves, but those would benefit even more from a solution that would raise overall rewards from playing in such a way that it preempts bots.

That said, here are some proposals and reasonings behind them:

• Players should receive some BoE refining stones for each epic dungeon or periodic dungeon (like Biggrin's Tomb or Arcane Reservoir) that they complete. As completing the epic boss fights probably isn't the bots' forte (and it would likely take far too much effort to gear/program bots to do so), this would effectively move that market from bot-driven to player-driven. Each dungeon should give at minimum an Aquamarine or Flawless Sapphire, with a chance of a better item, like a Black Opal, Blood Ruby or Brilliant Diamond (possibly as a boss drop). Higher-tier content should give better rewards or have higher drop rates on better refining stones. Most or even all epic dungeon bosses should drop a BoE refining stone or mark in addition to the current rewards they give (and not green stuff either).
    • Along similar lines, the reward chests in foundries should be augmented with at least a peridot during foundry hour. Alternately, or in addition, completing the daily Foundry quest should also give some refining stones or marks. Boosting foundry rewards is good for fostering more variety in-game, which is probably good for player retention.
    • The contents of Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation should be boosted a bit to give players access to better refining consolation prices, and to reflect the increasing refining requirements of the game. Their random refining stone drops should all be boosted by at least one step: Peridots to Aquamarines, Aquamarines to Flawless Sapphires, rank 4s to rank 5s, and rank 5s to rank 6s. Maybe give a chance for higher-tier refining stone drops too. All BtA.
    • Epic items should reward far more RP than they currently do when fed to artifact equipment. This would increase player-specific rewards for some activities; notably completing end-game bosses and using PvP gear bought from glory as refining materials. Since equipment can only be used to refine bound items, and the glory gear is BoP (should be changed to BtA) already, this will benefit legitimate players and give a reasonable ability to advance through playing PvP too, without inviting more bots.
    • Another way to hit bots (and predatory AH speculators) is to make green and blue refining marks (union, power, stability) available at the Wondrous Bazaar at a slightly lower cost than Marks of Potency of the same rank. These are required to advance artifact items, and the current costs are probably hurting newer players most of all. This would help players and further dampen the incentives to bot skill nodes.
    • While you're working on issues related to bots, changing the reward structure for PvP to discourage botting it would also be nice, as long as it also benefits legitimate players. This would mean: Removal of the ability to salvage PvP gear, awarding some RAD for each PvP *victory* (as bots aren't generally good at winning), double the victory RAD during PvP hour, and reducing or eliminating the RAD rewards for the daily quest. This would also hit those players who "only do PvP for the daily", which isn't necessarily a bad thing either. In addition, each player on a winning team could be awarded 1-3 BtA peridots, scaling like the base glory rewards for longer games.
    • If the drops from Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing Enchantments are made BtA, the percentage chance of a drop should increase a bit, giving greater periodic rewards for using them.
    • The issue of bots crafting higher-tier enchantments and selling those instead could be averted to some extent by increasing player access to one of the main limiting factors: Wards. Players could earn a Preservation Ward for completing a certain number of epic dungeons or winning a certain number of PvP games. Bots would have less ability to access these rewards, which would make their ward costs slightly higher, driving down their competitiveness compared to legitimate players. The number of wards given shouldn't be great enough to hurt Zen Store sales (and may in fact encourage sales, as players may attempt to fuse more often with more free wards and more refining points), just enough to dent bot price margins.

+1 approved
    edited November 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    Lexis Nexis / Civil Discovery eh?
    Dude seriously i am studying law please dont ruin my leftover optimism (in germany tho) :D

Mostly second requests from anti-trust cases. And no, the software was worse and the topics were less interesting.

Legal employment in the US is pretty terrible right now. In 2007 when i started law school employment was 97%. When i last check, my class was 55% employed, and I went to a top ten law school.

Most of us will end up doing something totally different. I'd recommend thinking of something else you can do while you apply your law degree. The path is less clear, but potentially greater rewards.
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    I love this patch. Thanks for all the hardwork, devs. Being a TR, I'd say us TRs are now ready for Live.

However, the Executioners might need some more love, tho'.

Actually, all the changes except the items and economy are outstanding. It's actually great work otherwise.
  • yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    90 to 99% of all refining mats are produced by the dragon hoard and fey blessing enchants.

it would multiply the cost of refining an item through purchased materials, by an insane amount. The price doubled last night with this announcement, if it goes through, as the mats out there dry up... the price will be astronomical for whatever is left.

items and Economy

All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

Umm ok .. if i read that right it only effects what is dropped from just thoughs enchants or am i wrong?
    Normal drops from killing things would still drop un-bound and i assume chest and nodes as well.
    Not every source of RP comes from just the enchant listed so the effect may not be as bad as some feel it may be.
    Or did i misunderstand this?

tnx
  • zoukizouzzoukizouz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

Hmm, if this is made to counter "bots", consider removing the internal cooldown on those enchants ;) !
  • dasfkjskadasfkjska Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zoukizouz wrote: »
    Hmm, if this is made to counter "bots", consider removing the internal cooldown on those enchants ;) !

^This. Would really appreciate it!
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dasfkjska wrote: »
    ^This. Would really appreciate it!

Just because I think it is a good idea (which probably needs some tweaking) I will repeat my suggestion:

Reduce the amount of RP required to get an artifact to top level by 33%. Increase the drop chance % on the enchantments to double the current values. Remove the timer between drops. All of that together might make this upcoming change palatable, if not reasonable.
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally I don't mind some refining items being account bound. I can't say I agree with people who think every one of their characters should be able to get seven artifacts to legendary level with a minimal investment of time or AD. After all, they're "legendary" for a reason. They should be fairly difficult to get. I've personally been refining up my artifacts only with what enchantments drop while playing the game, and any I get from opening lockboxes.

Now, I do understand the concern in PvP. I've invested a decent amount of time in my main character and she still only has a gear score of 11k. I haven't farmed dungeons, and I suppose I could, but generally I just poke around and do content that I find fun. Given that I don't PvP, this isn't too much of an issue. The only real issue for me is that a lot of dungeons are just too difficult with a lower gear score like that, even if you surpass the minimum required score. But if I wanted to PvP? Forget it! I can't (and don't want to) compete with people who farm (or bot, or whatever) to get a 24k gear score. (I'm not implying that everyone with that high of a GS used illicit means.) I'm not sure I'll ever get a GS that high. So it's a good thing I don't want to PvP.

I'm perfectly content with using artifacts that aren't yet at legendary status. I'll rank them up as I'm able. I expect it to take a long time. It would be nice if we could use enchantments in gear artifacts (belts, etc.) as well, instead of just gemstones. It would be REALLY cool if we could use all the trash equipment for refinement points too. I don't even bother identifying all the trash, but I do bother to "greed" as much of it as I can. As my inventory fills up, I use my portable store artifact to sell it all off, make a silver or so per piece. Not that I need the gold really, but I can't bring myself to waste it by leaving it on the floor and walking away. I see so many people in dungeons pass on the green equipment because it's not even worth identifying, and I understand that. Wouldn't it be cool if we could use that trash equipment to refine up artifact equipment? It would make that stuff actually useful again..

Anyway, as I said, I'm not really upset by the change. There are some measures that could vastly improve the refinement process in my opinion, but either way I still have fun playing the game. It's not necessary for me to have everything at max rank just to enjoy my time. Just MHO of course.
    qtPt2I
  • miaskydustmiaskydust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well yeah of course!
    Don't get me wrong ,I do like some changes they made,but this is like they think we will actually spend 10h a day and maybe more to catch up.Like we breathe this game instead of air and we can't live without it.I like the game but it's not that great that I would ever spend 10h++ on it , don't flatter yourselves too much it might get to your heads.
    Listen to some suggestions in this thread , really good ones.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just got off the preview with my HR and when she rides on her mount now she has an arm raised and sometimes has her offhand in it. It looks dumb, and I hope it's something that will get fixed and not something that was believed to be cool. Thanks!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I just got off the preview with my HR and when she rides on her mount now she has an arm raised and sometimes has her offhand in it. It looks dumb, and I hope it's something that will get fixed and not something that was believed to be cool. Thanks!

What kind of mount were you riding? That might help track down the issue..
    qtPt2I
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »

Different mounts have different animations. My HR usually rides a Small Forest Stag, and the riding animation shows her with one hand on the reins and another held out behind her. Which mount were you using?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rfmacedorfmacedo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like those changes.
    I've been playing the game for about 2,5 months more or less.
    Without any "serious" farming/grinding, just the basic during the week + more during weakends i have almost everything i need on PVE.
    The only thing missing now is my INT belt for CW.

Considering all my artifacts are almost orange, weapon artifact is orange, i cannot complain about it.
    It's frikking 2 months only.

If i'm tired of the game, i just stop it, plain and simple.
    Also ppl tend to be too *****y about PVE, as stated by another guy, they shouldn't.
    PVP you can decent gear very quickly without paying too much (or at all).
    PVE you don't have to compete with nobody, and even with 1 month of game, i could do my job "properly" in all dungs i was part of.
    Serioously, BiS is not a right, is a privilege.
    I think it should be harder, and this patch should be the very fix of it.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    When are you guys gonna Fix Warlock Fury spec? U said u fixed Necrotic damage not procing Creeping death... well you lied, u only seemed to fix 1 ability.. WHat about all of the Necrotic Damage adds from Paragon? Weapon Enchant damage such as Terror and Blood?
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Yep, I've been reading the various threads about the topic, thanks.
    I only have one question for you : do you think Cleric is viable to win in PvP
    leadership with this change?
    edited November 2014
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    Personally I don't mind some refining items being account bound. I can't say I agree with people who think every one of their characters should be able to get seven artifacts to legendary level with a minimal investment of time or AD. After all, they're "legendary" for a reason. They should be fairly difficult to get. I've personally been refining up my artifacts only with what enchantments drop while playing the game, and any I get from opening lockboxes.

Now, I do understand the concern in PvP. I've invested a decent amount of time in my main character and she still only has a gear score of 11k. I haven't farmed dungeons, and I suppose I could, but generally I just poke around and do content that I find fun. Given that I don't PvP, this isn't too much of an issue. The only real issue for me is that a lot of dungeons are just too difficult with a lower gear score like that, even if you surpass the minimum required score. But if I wanted to PvP? Forget it! I can't (and don't want to) compete with people who farm (or bot, or whatever) to get a 24k gear score. (I'm not implying that everyone with that high of a GS used illicit means.) I'm not sure I'll ever get a GS that high. So it's a good thing I don't want to PvP.

I'm perfectly content with using artifacts that aren't yet at legendary status. I'll rank them up as I'm able. I expect it to take a long time. It would be nice if we could use enchantments in gear artifacts (belts, etc.) as well, instead of just gemstones. It would be REALLY cool if we could use all the trash equipment for refinement points too. I don't even bother identifying all the trash, but I do bother to "greed" as much of it as I can. As my inventory fills up, I use my portable store artifact to sell it all off, make a silver or so per piece. Not that I need the gold really, but I can't bring myself to waste it by leaving it on the floor and walking away. I see so many people in dungeons pass on the green equipment because it's not even worth identifying, and I understand that. Wouldn't it be cool if we could use that trash equipment to refine up artifact equipment? It would make that stuff actually useful again..

Anyway, as I said, I'm not really upset by the change. There are some measures that could vastly improve the refinement process in my opinion, but either way I still have fun playing the game. It's not necessary for me to have everything at max rank just to enjoy my time. Just MHO of course.

Agreed that things should be somewhat difficult to obtain, but the projections by farming or by buying zen are unreasonable. They should be difficult, of course, but be reasonably difficult, not require a full time job farming foundries or spending several hundred dollars.
    edited November 2014
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    What kind of mount were you riding? That might help track down the issue..

I'm riding the Lord's polar bear. The right hand goes up and she looks like a rodeo rider...really not cool looking at all.

edited November 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Different mounts have different animations. My HR usually rides a Small Forest Stag, and the riding animation shows her with one hand on the reins and another held out behind her. Which mount were you using?

Riding the Lord's polar bear, but I've used that mount for some time now and today was the first time I had this weird animation, and only on the preview. So I have to assume it has something to do with the patch. Normally she has both hands in front of her like she's holding reins, and that looks fine.

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fix the previous post's issue, and fix the TR's missing walk animation. It's supposed to look like this:

http://www.iankunx.net/veldrinwalk.jpg

Not like a slowed down, empty handed combat run that leads to stopping with a weird jerking motion that looks like I broke my knees, or landing from jumping like I hurt myself. :/

And last I knew the Throne from the Protector's Jubilee event still has the sitting animation playing way too fast, leading to jerking about like you're having some kind of minor seizure.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
This discussion has been closed.