What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    m8 , i am a gwf, and i suggested to 35% , reason why ?
    because with the new updates you can get higher POWER . so for now 35% is enough ! lowering it down, will make sentinel unplayable.
    same with powerfull challenge , it's a tier 2 for godsake, no need to empower it more.
    only thing gwf needs now is 1 piece of a puzzle in Instigator, that i hope they will add it. the new feracious reaction sounds promising. i can see some builds with that.

ok but why fix a talent (first BUG) and now nerf it??
    not good .. if you take away 15% from Intimidation , I want 15% is added to another Sentinel's Feats --> including Powerfull Challenge .. or add 10% to a Destroyer's Feats (x Exemple : Great Weapon Focus-->increase the damage of your At-Will powers by 25% (up from 10%) )
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ok but why fix a talent (first BUG) and now nerf it??
    not good .. if you take away 15% from Intimidation , I want 15% is added to another Sentinel's Feats --> including Powerfull Challenge .. or add 10% to a Destroyer's Feats (x Exemple : Great Weapon Focus-->increase the damage of your At-Will powers by 25% (up from 10%) )

first of all if you knew about the intimidation history you should had some strong points

first of all in mod3 , Intimidation would only deal 10% out of maxPower, but at the same time, they've added 50% out of max power on preview, i've found that out and started to post it on forums. it used to do half of max power as damage, a damage that couldn't be blocked/dodged.

after that i've come up with some suggestions , so that intimidation should stack with mark/damage bonus etc. for bigger damage . so here we are in mod 4 , they've brought all what i said.. not sayin it's a bad thing. but when i was thinkin about gettin a buff so huge, i was thinkin of half of 7.5 power, that much i could've stacked up.. now we can stack more than 7.5 power.

so yeah. dropping to 35% it's the best, reason? you can get 10k power easily.
    3500 base damage it's enough. only thing that needs to be changed is to make them more responsive.

so takin away and puttin in other parts as a tier 2 it's out of the question.

and yes, indeed, they should take from destroyer path and increase the base damage. a GWF that needs to build alot of stacks and after that to do damage , it's not cool.
    instigator if he gets 2 tweeks he can be viable in pvp, better than destroyer imo.

people should read the tooltip of CAgi and Daringshout, it clearly says BURST.
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    bug
    terrifying impact prones cc immune targets.
  • Options
    mortahlmortahl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug: Oppressor: Glacial Movement

Appears to reset orb to 4/8/12/15/20% and not increase it. Noticeable difference between live w/ orb and preview with Orb + max Glacial Movement. the 15% would make the difference.

Additional Request: Many oppressors use CC and don't have glacial movement feat. Perhaps use a different feat for buff? I personally use ray, so it doesn't effect me.
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I see that Ferocious Reaction has been buffed for IV GWFs in the Preview patch notes. Can we please have a buff for Steel Blitz for Swordmasters as well, please. It just seems that SMs are becoming less and less effective with each passing Mod. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    return from quit test on the previous yesterday night

CW storm spell change.
    It appear that this change not so big as i firstly tough. it on a correct lvl how ever there is a bug on the damage written. all damage with stormspell are written critic (but on damage vulue is correct some are critic damage other not)

CW thauma assaillan]t change: it appears to be a good change at the end. at first part i was thinking it was a chance to launch it from encounter. but on the quick test i made he activate each time you launch an encounter if the cooldown is finish. so to the end it giving us more an hand to this power being able to activate it more when we want and not necessarly with over time spell power. As it is now it neither buff or nerf.

CW renegade part change: chilling advantage: this one is still no use: chilling advantage + chilling presence is still inferior to most passive damage spell. the reason is not chilling advantage but chilling presence. 1 chilling presence seems to not apply with some spell. But also the change done with the 3 second without possibility of apply chill was a big nerf on this passive that was already little under the rest (without that he was at 10-12 % of damage when working. now only 6 % medium with spell that work with it). My sugg: or a rework of chilling presence to make it work with all spell + a rework of the damage ( exemple: chiling presence give 5 % of more damage and lvl 2 and 3 give 1% per lvl and per chill stacked more) it would be better i think since when you canno,t stack chill you still get 5% and you can goes on 17 % (also should be good for that feat that freezed target count like 7 lvl of chill, i'm not sure it is the case actually)
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    germmaniac wrote: »
    I see that Ferocious Reaction has been buffed for IV GWFs in the Preview patch notes. Can we please have a buff for Steel Blitz for Swordmasters as well, please. It just seems that SMs are becoming less and less effective with each passing Mod. Am I missing something?

no, he must believe that the aoe proc of steel blitz + avalanch of steel +punishing charge plus the "immortality" of steel defense against a hypothetical infinite group of mobs make gwf / swordmaster "perfect".

a perfect combo for a nonexistent situation.
  • Options
    varunvsvarunvs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback
    We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the feel and effects of the changes in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Destroyer
    Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damge.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Is this kind of a joke on GWF u guys pull out everytime. Are u guys want to kill that class. Nerf the only sentinel option GWF has to survive in PVP.
    Please try to play for a few hours to get used to the changes. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Feat, Crippling strike: avalanche of steel, crescendo (swordmaster), Indomitable strenght (Iron Vanguard), savage advance, slow target by 15/30/45/60/75% for 10 seconds (enemy player can still move through dodges) and lower damage resistance by 10% (can go negative if DRI already nullifies the enemy armor)I think the 4th feat of the tree should at least give that much for a daily bonus, considering what you get from other trees.

Feats: Move group assault to 2nd tier. Move reinforced surge to 4th tree and add 25% decreased cooldown and 15% increased damage, up from 5%

Feat, Vicious advantage: damage bonus up to 10% from 5%

Feat, Fleet footed: controlling a target you also regenerate 25% of your total stamina

Feat, Nimble runner: additionally increase stamina by 30% and 1 more charge to punishing charge. 10% damage resistance increase when running unless overall PvP DPS is lowered.

Feat: allied opportunity: not so fast also increased slow effect by 10/20/30/40/50% and slow duration increased by 1/2/3/4/5s

These changes along with the changes already made, should bring Instigator in a good place for PvP and PvE
  • Options
    agornlepreuxagornlepreux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Adventurers!
    There were a lot of other small improvements we wanted to make to a variety of specs, but didn’t really merit their own thread because they are fairly small and focused. Please use this thread for giving feedback on those changes.
    This thread is not for suggesting new feedback, so please constrain it to feedback on changes that are in the patch.

Great Weapon Fighter
    • Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
    • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

Control Wizard
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
    • Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
    • Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Hunter Ranger
    • Melee: Piercing Blade: This feat now correctly looks at post resistance damage when calculating how much damage it should deal.
    • Trapper: Swiftness of the Fox: *Rework* Your Melee encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%. Your Ranged encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    • Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

Scourge Warlock
    • Tyrannical Threat: The damage from this power should now benefit from Armor Penetration correctly.
    • Creeping Death: Almost all powers that deal Necrotic Damage are now correctly identified as such, and should activate this feat much more reliably.

hello
    what is the correct calculation for CW 's damage (penetration, power, Crit, Intel,etc..)?
    is the spirit of dungeon and dragon is repected? have you a link for estimated the correct equation for the damage.
    sincerely yours
  • Options
    korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Well, obviously, the initial Piercing Blade fix wasn't enough to bring HRs into line with the other classes, as even with that fix, HRs would still own most classes badly -- and especially classes like CWs and SWs, whom that fix would have relatively little impact on, and CWs are getting a pretty hefty cc nerf -- which will hopefully be compensated in some way.

And if we were being fair, to balance things out better, HRs would probably require additional fixes like increasing the cooldown for Disruptive Shot.

As for being the "king of PvP," that's easily discerned: The dominant class at the higher end of the leaderboard is now HR.

thats simply ridicolous. The leaderboard is not indicative AT ALL to discern which class is better. And i am bored to say mages are too much. Simply too much.

CW damage should be something like HALVED, the have too much damage right now. Is ridicolous how are nerfing PB and nobody is worried about mage OVERPOWERED damage.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    korden1 wrote: »
    thats simply ridicolous. The leaderboard is not indicative AT ALL to discern which class is better. And i am bored to say mages are too much. Simply too much.

CW damage should be something like HALVED, the have too much damage right now. Is ridicolous how are nerfing PB and nobody is worried about mage OVERPOWERED damage.

Slot a BI set, put red glyphs, get BiS gear and a good Combat spec and no CW (or any other class) will bother you 1vs1.

What else do you actually want?
  • Options
    lartholartho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tryed my HR in the preview, and I have to say that the piercing blade fix was actually necessary, but what I don't undersand is why you had to nerf wild's medicine so much? Why do I have to take 1/4 of my heals in pvp? It's boring to know that you wasted 5 legendary feat points you know? LS is the problem, that is what heals us the most, so if you wanna balance things, then rework all those LS feats.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    korden1 wrote: »

CW cry and cry. This guy -your original quote - is a good example of perma cry baby. Even thought I agree that WM was useless with 1 sec ICD I m too tiered of how devs just nerf HR. I wonder to what unplayeble state they will put HR to? Archers is useless in pvp, Trapper is possible somewhat useful in pve only, Still 90% <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp. Combat is so-so in pve and was still good in pvp after you made CWs at lunch less OP . Look at leaderboard? Do you see any of top good HR there ? Why - cause they don't play your game, your pvp useless nerfs.

So instead of reworking skills, Buffing other pathes to work better they nerf HR combat. Nice. Good job devs. You are awesome.What will you give in return for 5th nerf for WM since its introduction? nerf something else.
    I wonder what it will take for dev to finally start working on balance. On working what players what and need.
    And we don't what <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you do now or did in whole mod 4 with HRs.

And really problem is not in WM at all. It is almost useless anyway in pve. Problem is how only nerf are done. Cause perma cry babies cry? No good reworks at all since mod 3. This is what upsets me mostly.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard
    • Storm Spell: Chance to activate increased to 30%, but can only trigger on critical hits now.
    • Thaumaturge: Assailing Force: The damage from this power is now activated by Encounter powers rather than all damage.
    • Orb of Imposition: This class feature has been reverted to a previous state where it grants 5% increased control duration per rank.
    • Oppressor: Glacial Movement: This feat now increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Now correctly applies to allies.

Tested everything on maxed potential. The CW doesn't stand even a close chance against:

- HR
    - GWF
    - GF

TRs are only possible to kill with a specific gear setup that only works against TRs and no other class.

Either double the effect of Focused Wizardry or reverse the changes (especially on Storm Spell). CW is dead in PvP as it stands now.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    Tested everything on maxed potential. The CW doesn't stand even a close chance against:

- HR
    - GWF
    - GF

TRs are only possible to kill with a specific gear setup that only works against TRs and no other class.

Either double the effect of Focused Wizardry or reverse the changes (especially on Storm Spell). CW is dead in PvP as it stands now.

They only care about PUG level PVP so when PUGs start crying about CWs (because it is good at PUG pvp at the moment), Devs start overreacting. For the CW to receive bigger nerfs than the HR is beyond me.

But then again, pug HRs with garbage gear and little skill do not do as well as even PVE CWs in PVP. They must be basing it off that. You've seen the devs PVP. I've seen them. We know where they get their feedback from.
  • Options
    therealroberttherealrobert Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014

- HR
    - GWF
    - GF

Even if they reverse the nerfs CW won't beat HR or GWF. The class is dead. Play HR or play another game. Testing CW is a waste of time, devs don't listen.
    ESTUPRADOR
    - Brazil PvP Fraternité -
    Rank 7
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Even if they reverse the nerfs CW won't beat HR or GWF. The class is dead. Play HR or play another game. Testing CW is a waste of time, devs don't listen.

PVP CW is abused and hammered by the devs repeatedly also because of PVE CW's dominance in their own field.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tried out the new GWF Instigator on Preview.

Overall, Very disappointed.

The changes are nothing in lines with what players have been asking for in the Instigator path. A Control and and support GWF. With more stuns and knockdowns. To be first in to combat and CC the mobs and do damage as the rest of the group readies there moves.

Allied Opportunity: The damage increase is subpar. GWF have always suffered from terrible aoe damage encounters and a mere +20% damage wont make the poor moves of mighty leap and not so fast. The Combat advantage these moves gives is a very very poor party buff considering the many ways party members can already get combat advantage. An HR with a passive skill and TR with Draconic set will grant the party combat advantage 100% of the time. This makes a GWF that focuses on Combat advantage to support his part obsolete.

With Instigator and the new Instigator capstone. The Instigator path looks like it is barely passable as a Damage tree to compete with the Destroyer. With perhaps a little bit more focus on Aoe Damage. The instigator capstone caps fast when there are alot of weak enemies and painfully slow in many boss battles and most encounters in Lair of Lostmauth. The problem is this capstone buff disappears 5 secodns after the last time you were struck. Meaning you have to restack it on every pull. The destroyer capstone will stay up if the pulls are fast. I still much prefer the destroyer capstone and the destoyer tree is overall stronger than anything the Instigator tree gives. So I see no reason to every go Instigator.

And this is the problem with Instigator. GWF does not need another damage tree that plays exactly the same. Get hit get damage boost. GWF needs a new path that makes it's obsolete moves actually viable in PvE. IE Reaping strike, Mighty Leap, Not so Fast, Bloodlust, Savage Advance. This will at least change the play style of the GWF especially if that meant having a viable Reaping strike. That At-will alone if worth it to use would greatly change how GWF is played.

But instead we got a very lackluster change to a very meh path. All this change will do is not get a GWF insta-booted from a group for picking Instigator
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They only care about PUG level PVP so when PUGs start crying about CWs (because it is good at PUG pvp at the moment), Devs start overreacting. For the CW to receive bigger nerfs than the HR is beyond me.

But then again, pug HRs with garbage gear and little skill do not do as well as even PVE CWs in PVP. They must be basing it off that. You've seen the devs PVP. I've seen them. We know where they get their feedback from.
    PuG PvP is 90% of ALL PvP. Hardly surprising that this is where balance data comes from and changes are aimed at.

I'm afraid that 10% of the PvP player base cannot expect the entire PvP experience to revolve around them.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    catalinr94catalinr94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited October 2014
    CW on preview: It`s wrong on every level when it comes to PVP. Damage too little (compared to other classes), absolutely no survivability. BIS PVP CW gets one-shot by HR, two-shot by GWF or GF. With the new Storm Spell, the CW needs at least three times as much single target damage (that`s right, 200 % more damage) to even have a chance against anything.

Not that no one saw it coming or anything:
    Leave Storm Spell as it is, leave Assailant as it is. On maxed-potential level, the CW has no chance against HRs or GWFs or TRs. And yes, this is pre-CW-nerf.
    I like the change to Orb of Imposition; giving us a choice between damage and control. Now give us an appropriate compensation in damage:

Focused Wizardry: Single target Powers deal 20/40/60% (up from 10/20/30%) more damage,
    and triple the damage on Shard of Endless Avalanche.

The CW is the weakest class on preview right now (and on live, if the other classes are built right).

Any of those incoming changes would render the CW useless. All three at the same time without an appropriate compensation - you might as well delete the class. And no, by an appropriate compensation I don't mean my suggestion. My suggestion only refers to the Orb of Imposition nerf. If you think that all those three changes are a good idea, then there should be way bigger compensations for it than what I proposed.

I`m surprised Mel is still testing things.
    Play HR or play another game. Testing CW is a waste of time, devs don't listen.

^ This!
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Nice changes for the instigator GWF. That's still not enough for anyone to consider actually playing the class though. Now after testing the Destroyer GWF it appears that
    Unlike the other kinds of GWFs, Destr needs to stack stacks before he starts delivering damage
    Destr does not even have the have of the HP a Senti GWF has
    Destr has basically zero damage reduction from Unstoppable
    The running feature contradicts both with Avatar of War set (10 sec no hit - bonus lost) and with stacking stacks mechanism
    Destr delivering the least damage among the three paths contradicts with the very idea of Destroyer. It's a glass-cannon without a cannon.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The reason no one worries about CW damage is because CWs are weak in PvP. CWs get beaten cleanly by HRs especially, but also GFs and GWFs. TRs will also beat CWs unless the CW specs specifically to fight TRs (slotting powers like CoI and Steal Time, and using a bilethorn enchant), which makes him useless against other classes.

In terms of PvP, the main CW issue is how to bring CWs up to the level of other classes; especially now that DCs and TRs are getting boosts. HRs can face some issues with CWs if they get caught by cc, but unless the HR is so squishy that he dies in a single CW rotation, the HR will still win in the end, because the class is that much stronger. Obviously, this may affect bad HRs' perception of CW strength, because better-geared CWs can occasionally kill them. Presently, the only classes that a CW will win against are DCs and SWs. DCs are being boosted, and SWs can already kill a CW pretty well if they can survive long enough.

You do realize that 11 out of 20 spots on page 1 of the leaderboard are HRs, right? That's not some random fluke.

Awww...if SW prone CW first it means fast dead for CW.
    I dont know what about DCs and TRs changes but actually I confirm that the CW is already in bad situation in pvp again like in mod 3. The largest problem is ofcoruse HR who can Kill CW in 2sec. making crazy damage, stuns and DoTs, and being all time mysteriously immune to cc eventualy cc is braeking in 0,5 sec. Similarly situation is CW vs GF, actually no chance to even cc tank becouse of his perma shield (nice change anyway, first was perma freeze on tanks = tanks cry now it is perma shield = CWs cry, gg cryptic) or eventualy very high dps ( actually tank can kill another classes in 1 skill dealing even 50k+ dmg from anvil so wtf? Is it tank or damage dealer? this must be change in my opinion). GWF... almost all tme immune to cc and this is annoying but..., if you are lucky and GWF has got high ping you can kill him :) but often it looks like 20k-> 20k-> soulforge -> 20k and respawn :P.
    TRs actually...if CW is using single target skills it means no even little chance to catch him, CW need using another skills useless against all another classes (like steal time, ice terrain CoI).
    DC need bust we all know it- this is actually only class who CW can beat easy 1 vs 1, lets wait for mod 5.
    BTW. Dont forget- CW dmg is actually Red Glyphs- remove them and cw won't be able to kill anyone. ( I am not saying glyphs are good- it is source of all evil in pvp, i mean that the CW is killing another classes thanks to Glyphs)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

You do realize that 11 out of 20 spots on page 1 of the leaderboard are HRs, right? That's not some random fluke.

Absolutely. At the same time do you realize that this is first BiS? Second - there more then one CWs there then was in mod 3? Count how many? Last time first page was occupied by GFs and CWs and HRs. Not just HRs.

Lets take average pug run - with average players around 12-16k GS.
    CW at this point have all the advantage above HR. Even with pve gear.
    Why ? Cause only one valuable pvp gear for HR is combat profound set. Nerfed by crybabies but still good by stats and tenancy. With gems and so on it will take HR to 17k GS. Where skill is what stating to matter.
    Second way is RG - but need all other gear fitted to give tenancy /regen/LS/Defence or you are a glass canon.
    This is exactly whom devs nerfed.
    I do have 2 HR - one in 15k area, one in 19k gs pvp area. Absolutely different play in pug pvp. 15k GS one can not stand a chance if CW notices him. No matter whether he is combat without nerf to WM(5th in row btw), not trapper or archer. And at this level CW does not need to have tenancy gear to kill target a far and perma freeze. It is one rotation now. Only my 19k GS one can try to survive rotation and brake from CWs.

What you are talking about win for CW only should be saying "100% domination without any change". Now devs favored CWS one more time.

At this point mod 5 will quote from my guild-mate CW " TR on place of HRs, HRs on place of TRs". I do hope still that devs favor wont make CWs king of everything once again.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Now devs favored CWS one more time.

Where did you see that?

All I see is that they nerfed thaumaturge and boosted renegade because every renegade has respecialized on mod 4.
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Absolutely. At the same time do you realize that this is first BiS? Second - there more then one CWs there then was in mod 3? Count how many? Last time first page was occupied by GFs and CWs and HRs. Not just HRs.

Lets take average pug run - with average players around 12-16k GS.
    CW at this point have all the advantage above HR. Even with pve gear.
    Why ? Cause only one valuable pvp gear for HR is combat profound set. Nerfed by crybabies but still good by stats and tenancy. With gems and so on it will take HR to 17k GS. Where skill is what stating to matter.
    Second way is RG - but need all other gear fitted to give tenancy /regen/LS/Defence or you are a glass canon.
    This is exactly whom devs nerfed.
    I do have 2 HR - one in 15k area, one in 19k gs pvp area. Absolutely different play in pug pvp. 15k GS one can not stand a chance if CW notices him. No matter whether he is combat without nerf to WM(5th in row btw), not trapper or archer. And at this level CW does not need to have tenancy gear to kill target a far and perma freeze. It is one rotation now. Only my 19k GS one can try to survive rotation and brake from CWs.

What you are talking about win for CW only should be saying "100% domination without any change". Now devs favored CWS one more time.

At this point mod 5 will quote from my guild-mate CW " TR on place of HRs, HRs on place of TRs". I do hope still that devs favor wont make CWs king of everything once again.

Sorry to say that but it not a matter of gs just build. CW like all other class have with his daily around 25k potential damage with full first rotation (what ever he is pve or pvp geared). the point is like hr and SW it's a distant class. so he strike first and since even tank who play pve neglect PV for their build yes on most medium build distant (and not specificly CW ) have the advantage. The problem is what appens when the oppenent survive the first strike with all power. here CW have huge problem since they have no back up way. HR have regen and deflect and SW still have run with +30 DR. So to speak once the first strike done CW are the far weakest class. that plain an simple. So when you play CW in pvp it come to a gamble. IS the oppponent is a pvp player or a low life that can be killed or nearly kill in one rotate. in the first case Cw don't have the weapon to pass the second half of the pvp player, in second case well sorry to say but it not specifically to CW and CW have also a second weakness, since it take 26 second after the first strike to have a chance to do such damage (since it all based on the 6 second 100% critic to do first strike).

i personnaly stop PVP since one month because of player like you who come here to cry after a class because or they think they are god and their build is perfect (while it often a worth build for pvp) or they canno't accept to loose even once again a class and they think that when they do 20 kill for 5 death they find it equilibrate and when 3 loose come from CW of course we must nerf CW ( but you can replace CW by any class that is not played by you).

So to resume as same as dongeon PVP CW is just a trash cleaner that have no possiblity to goes higher

And one last point: their is far less player who play pvp than on previous module
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    Sorry to say that but it not a matter of gs just build. CW like all other class have with his daily around 25k potential damage with full first rotation (what ever he is pve or pvp geared). the point is like hr and SW it's a distant class. so he strike first and since even tank who play pve neglect PV for their build yes on most medium build distant (and not specificly CW ) have the advantage. The problem is what appens when the oppenent survive the first strike with all power. here CW have huge problem since they have no back up way. HR have regen and deflect and SW still have run with +30 DR. So to speak once the first strike done CW are the far weakest class. that plain an simple. So when you play CW in pvp it come to a gamble. IS the oppponent is a pvp player or a low life that can be killed or nearly kill in one rotate. in the first case Cw don't have the weapon to pass the second half of the pvp player, in second case well sorry to say but it not specifically to CW and CW have also a second weakness, since it take 26 second after the first strike to have a chance to do such damage (since it all based on the 6 second 100% critic to do first strike).

i personnaly stop PVP since one month because of player like you who come here to cry after a class because or they think they are god and their build is perfect (while it often a worth build for pvp) or they canno't accept to loose even once again a class and they think that when they do 20 kill for 5 death they find it equilibrate and when 3 loose come from CW of course we must nerf CW ( but you can replace CW by any class that is not played by you).

So to resume as same as dongeon PVP CW is just a trash cleaner that have no possiblity to goes higher

And one last point: their is far less player who play pvp than on previous module

I agree with you on this. But having CW kill HR or any other class before other class even has a change on atack is wrong. One rotation. I have seen good CWs wipe my 19k HR in one rotation. By crits. And this is alright. Cause in other case - when i dodge I have good chance to kill them too.
    So at this point all LS and regen does not matter. And GS just means that you can survive more. For sure it is a matter of skill and some luck to dodge CWs first strikes. But lets keep BiS a bit out of scope. I do think that 19k HR should have advantage on 16k CW. same for 19k CW over 16k HR. But not when you need 19k HR to kill 16k GS CW that wipes everyone else in your team with one rotation.

I really don't play pvp now too. Not I think my build is OP or supposed to be kill all.
    Nor my intention is to make CW nerfed. I got all my profound stuff in mod 2/3 with all GWF Roar king so i do know what it is to die a lot.
    About your first part - maybe instead of nerfing HR devs should give some survivabilty to CWs while decreasing thier damage? So maybe there should not be only "one shot kills" possible for CWs? Or perma stun or freeze? At some point i assume this is what devs did in mod 5. But Im not best CW player to see the whole picture.
    And instead of nerfcry for HR you would suggest fixed to your class?

At the same time HR are left with only one valueble path for pvp -combat. That by great dev changes only required to get into melee. No options in skill or builds really here. only 3 encounters are left at usable point. 1 daily is a must due to CWS one shot kills. Only one feets loadout is available. This not my choice to be so. I always asked dev to make more options. All that happens is nerf for HR. So i really don't see how " because of player like you who come here to cry" result in more HR nerf. Looks opposite by result.

All I ever sad about CWs changes is to make IR dodgable not by luck of low latency. As even GS confirmed. So maybe CW should start accepting to be equal class not kings as they want?

I had seen great CWs in mod 3 and 2. Now I see way more crybabies.
This discussion has been closed.