test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Changes

Comments

• Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2014
    This last set of changes look good. To be honest for PVe if the Bait N Switch Dummy draws enough aggro it may solve altot of Pve defensive issues. I found when I was running HE in IWD what i needed was breathing room while bouncing around. In theory the Dummy may provide that.

Feedback

If the Bait and Switch dummy pulls enough aggro at this point the only Defensive issue i can think of is Sudden rogue death syndrome, which i honestly dont know a solution to. some of it may be solved by scoundrel stuns however.. the situation is this.

Running Tuern for example, we get a group of trash mobes, It has a bunch of the minions the blue dragon guys witht he shields the white dragon spinny guys and the green dragon archer guys. So my party engages and theres a green dragon archer to one side no one has invaded. I jump him, I am not standing in the red simply engaging an NPC opponent in melee. At some point during this fight i'll just /die/ not get wounded badly and heal just go from alive straight to dead.

I dont know if it is the green dragon guy criting me for over my HP or two NPc critimg me successively, but this happens frequently. What i want to stress is it is not a "standing in the red" issue, or a case of not geting out of the way of the golems, or the boss at the end.

At one point in time my character was set up for 3/4 purified Black ice full defense with 33% damage resist and 46% deflect,and this still happened. On live currently the char is 25% resist and 36% deflection about 25k hp.

My defenses are a good compromise between offense, and defense having deflect about mid way between 'i have ignored it' and im sacrificing everything to get it. It really shouldnt be happening, or at least not be a common occurance. On test right now i dont have a way to see if this is solved at all. My char on test is currently set up as Scoundrel, 41% deflection 25% damage resistance. The instant death thing doesnt seem to happen in the IWD He i just take lots of large hits. But with no way to run Tuern on test i dont know how my characer does in the skirmish with the new set up.
  • Options
    dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    We are making a couple more improvements to some underperforming (or awkwardly performing powers) to open up some new power choices in situations where they were not viable before.
    • Broken Armor: This debuff now reduces the target's damage resistance by 10% (up from 5).
    • Trickster Rogue: Sly Flourish: Now applies Broken Armor for 15 seconds (up from 6).
    • Trickster Rogue: Sly Flourish: Overall damage now increased by 15% on all strikes.
    • Trickster Rogue: Cloud of Steel: Applies a stacking damage buff on the target for 4 seconds. Each stack increases the damage of Cloud of Steel by 5%, stacking up to 8 times.
    • Trickster Rogue: Bait and Switch: The Bait and Switch Dummy will now more effectively taunt targets and grab their attention.
    • Trickster Rogue: Smoke Bomb now deals Poison damage over time to all targets caught within it.
    • Trickster Rogue: Stealth Depletion: Stealth depletion is now based on base stealth Duration rather than modified duration.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

I'm thrilled with the changes. Thank you. Dying to learn the smoke bomb specifics....

I'll point out some issues I haven't seen anyone else bring up.
    Trickster Rogue: Path of the Blade: Now hits 3 targets each tick (up from 1) and deals roughly 33% of its original damage
    This is a nerf, not a buff... If you take 100% damage vs 1 and split to 33% among 3 targets, you haven't improved it. When facing 3 opponents, you are do the same damage at best... as soon as you are down to 2 or 1, you are doing 66% and 33% overall damage respectively. Keep it at 33% of original damage per tick per target, but raise target cap to 5-8.

Bug: Gloaming Cut: It reveals our position in stealth by lighting up the ground under our feet. Remove that flash animation please.

Vengeance Pursuit: Increase the dagger throw mark time from 5 to 10 seconds....5 seconds expires too fast to be useful as a CC break 90% of the time. It would also be nice if you could make the teleport portion pop behind the target... this would synergize well with the "from behind" feats.

Open world PvP: Why are TRs still penalized for having a companion? We have to dismiss our companion when in open world PvP, while all other classes get to keep theirs... this is a huge disadvantage. Any companion we have should stealth with us.
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We are making a couple more improvements to some underperforming (or awkwardly performing powers) to open up some new power choices in situations where they were not viable before.
    • Broken Armor: This debuff now reduces the target's damage resistance by 10% (up from 5).
    • Trickster Rogue: Sly Flourish: Now applies Broken Armor for 15 seconds (up from 6).
    • Trickster Rogue: Sly Flourish: Overall damage now increased by 15% on all strikes.
    • Trickster Rogue: Cloud of Steel: Applies a stacking damage buff on the target for 4 seconds. Each stack increases the damage of Cloud of Steel by 5%, stacking up to 8 times.
    • Trickster Rogue: Bait and Switch: The Bait and Switch Dummy will now more effectively taunt targets and grab their attention.
    • Trickster Rogue: Smoke Bomb now deals Poison damage over time to all targets caught within it.
    • Trickster Rogue: Stealth Depletion: Stealth depletion is now based on base stealth Duration rather than modified duration.

These are very good changes!
    Could you also remove that delay from smoke bomb? As it is now it is useless on experienced players on pvp because they know smoke bomb sound and will always shift out of it-as i would easly.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Could you also remove that delay from smoke bomb? As it is now it is useless on experienced players on pvp because they know smoke bomb sound and will always shift out of it-as i would easly.

+1 this should be instant apply.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Agreed, alittle more responsiveness on Smoke bomb would go a long way. I can put smoke bomb down and then get charged while in it taking damage. NPC's can still attack me right after I drop it as well.

Maybe try halving the activation effect time and see what that does
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Awesome! Cant wait to test this out and good to see our feedback returned.

Pre-feedback points id like to raise

-CoS - the base damage of CoS was reduced 20% in the latest patch. Not sure if this was intentional but id like to get atleast our 20% back.

Smokebomb - Seeing as how this is an End of Tree ability i really hope the DOT is something moderately powerful.

Other changes look great!
  • Options
    shanmastahshanmastah Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Considering these changes i still want to bring damage of GC back :/

I know it doesn`t deplete stealth, but c`mon. In pvp ppl always made fun of it, and now it`s getting weaker (dmg wise). (Sky -> dmg buffed, DF -> dmg buffed, GC -> dmg nerfed).
    I`m pretty sure ppl WILL use other at-wills happily, so there is really no point in taking dmg from it. PvP and PvE-wise.
  • Options
    shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

True, but now you can open up with dazing strike, then SB. True of PVE and PVP. With the new responsiveness of flurry, catching a target while dazed is now entirely viable. All things considered, I'm not sure SB should be instant as a multi-target persistent AOE.

Can I just say, I love smoke bomb, and I love these latest changes as it justifies me putting it on my hot bar again. I don't think anything here is over the top and I am dying to test them.

Personally, I've never had much issues with survivability so I won't ask for more there, but I can see how others would feel that way.

Stats are still a mess, especially dexterity.

We still have one feat path that is higher performing than the other two, but the other two are fun and different in their own way. Sabotuer is pretty much there, it would be nice to see scoundrel and exe get there too. I'm just glad that at least one path will be looking viable for M5.
  • Options
    sabiwensabiwen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think we're almost there (PvE side, I don't PvP so can't comment on them).

I now only want to see the stats looked at. Dexterity should be our best stat, and as stated numerous times, with the changes to stealth and being 100% crit, now the best stat is Strength. Rogues should get their damage increase via Dexterity, or at least get more Deflect from dexterity.
  • Options
    showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS! :D This should really improve our performance overall. Really want to test this.

A couple of questions,

1) How does Broken Armor works? If an enemy has 40% damage resistance, the debuff will make it 30% or 36%?
    2) Can we get an idea of how much damage will Smoke Bomb apply?

Thanks for listening to player's feedback! :D
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Woot! MI scoundrel is about to rock this party!

Thanks GMC
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These changes look very nice, I like direction you Devs choose. GJ so far, very big + for listening to our feedback and opinion.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    Agreed, alittle more responsiveness on Smoke bomb would go a long way. I can put smoke bomb down and then get charged while in it taking damage. NPC's can still attack me right after I drop it as well.

Maybe try halving the activation effect time and see what that does

I have noticed simmilar oddities with smoke bomb. In eShores I pulled some mobs from ranged with a single CoS and immediately popped smoke well before they got there since I knew that using smoke from in melee range would result in me getting dead fast. What happened was that a white dragonwing ran within the smoke bomb effect, got in my face and executed his spinning freeze. In a similar manner I noticed a blue dragonwing enter within smoke and use his shield power.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    anyway wanted to ask what was the point off farming black ice gear ?
    profound is way better and not only better but necessary.
    i dont think there is a single viable build out there for ice gear.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    more tanky builds would prefer to use black ice gear than profound.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also an executioner would likely have little to no use for profound, scoundrel I think would tend towards BI (especially a MI, maybe not as much for a WK, though). People vary, though, so who knows what someone will prefer.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014

nice I will add you back to myspace now xd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also an executioner would likely have little to no use for profound, scoundrel I think would tend towards BI (especially a MI, maybe not as much for a WK, though). People vary, though, so who knows what someone will prefer.

Ugh and I hate BI armor, no armor pen or LS and you have to recharge it. Ill prob be the only exe in mod 5 still using profound
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ugh and I hate BI armor, no armor pen or LS and you have to recharge it. Ill prob be the only exe in mod 5 still using profound

I felt the same way and had a set of draconic I would swap out sometimes for group play and I just finally kept using the draconic since the PvP got screwed up so bad I no longer did it. It has bad stats but doesn't need recharged and the 10% damage buff from CA is decent really.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    best trs in the game have 45k hp and barely survive 3 sec out off stealth.
    any slight problem in rotation and its instant death.
    much more so with glyph using trs.
    as much as df dmg is good that is realy hard style to pull of.
    coz u manage so little stealth its insane ,most dailys are out off stealth just to survive after.

and now u come to me and say its still good even with stealth depletion and df range nerf and dmg nerf loooool.
    what is the point of using glyphs if u cant hit df ?
    u cant crit at all ,stealth goes down in 1 sec by the time u set up df u have 30%stealth left that is exactly 2 crits .so dmg is way lower taking that in account
    u will use only gc with glyph for extra 600 tick dmg loooool.
    and ice gear makes u tanky loooooool .2 sec death no matter the gear that is reality.
    there isnt a single feat that will help u out off stealth surviving in mod 5

but u all pro lool

if any top tr uses glyphs in mod 5 i pay every single one off u rank 8 enchant
  • Options
    r10999r10999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thank you for all of this! I'm hoping for a noticeable difference in sly flourish as that is what it appears you have done, and magnificently so. Even better is the changes to Cloud of Steel, by giving it back the stacks it now works as a viable ranged option as a MI. I'll have to test to see how the stealth drain changes work but it sounds like a great improvement.
    Dear lord, thank you for the aggro grab in Bait and Switch and the DoT in Smoke Bomb. However I have questions about how they interact with the feat capstones. For example, can Smoke Bomb trigger One with Shadows and can it trigger the Scoundrel path capstone, if so that's pointless.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    coz u manage so little stealth its insane ,most dailys are out off stealth just to survive after.

and now u come to me and say its still good even with stealth depletion and df range nerf and dmg nerf loooool.
    u cant crit at all ,stealth goes down in 1 sec by the time u set up df u have 30%stealth left that is exactly 2 crits .so dmg is way lower taking that in account
    and ice gear makes u tanky loooooool .2 sec death no matter the gear that is reality.

but u all pro lool

You missed the whole point of buffing other encounters and at-wills, and you based it ON the "TOP 3 TR" who is not even the representative of the whole TR population, not all TRs do PVP in Premade Level as those you fawn over.

If we keep using the same powers and at-wills from mod 2-5 then the game developers are really doing something bad or its just us not wanting to explore more about the new possibilities, but then again What do I know? I'm not a TOP PVP TR, and therefore my opinion must be shunned, but I still like to have those rank 8 enchants though ;)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014

but u all pro lool

indeed i hope the next changes are to survivability and cooldowns.
    even if we could still be in lack of damages ( which i dont know after the last changes with smokebomb dot), i really hope they switch to a double survivability check.
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shorter/on-par cooldowns would help alot!
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    True, but now you can open up with dazing strike, then SB. True of PVE and PVP. With the new responsiveness of flurry, catching a target while dazed is now entirely viable. All things considered, I'm not sure SB should be instant as a multi-target persistent AOE.

Can I just say, I love smoke bomb, and I love these latest changes as it justifies me putting it on my hot bar again. I don't think anything here is over the top and I am dying to test them.

Personally, I've never had much issues with survivability so I won't ask for more there, but I can see how others would feel that way.

Stats are still a mess, especially dexterity.

We still have one feat path that is higher performing than the other two, but the other two are fun and different in their own way. Sabotuer is pretty much there, it would be nice to see scoundrel and exe get there too. I'm just glad that at least one path will be looking viable for M5.
    And here are changes to class that is with such a ridiculous power that can wipe TR without effort in 2-3 seconds, not to mention that on pve is only class that is needed:
    We are making some fairly large changes to Control Wizard single target powers to improve their PVP presence and improving both of their Presence class features to make them more competitive choices with the Paragon features.
    • Arcane Presence: Now also passively increases your recharge speed by 5/10/15%.
    • Chilling Presence: Damage bonus increased to 2% per stack (per rank) and is doubled on Frozen targets.
    • Chill Strike: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Entangling Force: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Repel: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Icy Rays: Targets can now be marked while moving.
    • Icy Rays: The follow up portion of this power now activates 40% faster.
    • Sudden Storm: This power now activates 40% faster.
    • Fanning the Flames: This power now activates 40% faster.
    This should reduce how easily most powers are dodged against a Wizard, making them a dangerous ranged threat with more power options to control or damage foes.

So much for excuse that they don't have to fix smoke bomb.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can't wait to test the new changes, I hope it goes on preview soon. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You missed the whole point of buffing other encounters and at-wills, and you based it ON the "TOP 3 TR" who is not even the representative of the whole TR population, not all TRs do PVP in Premade Level as those you fawn over.

If we keep using the same powers and at-wills from mod 2-5 then the game developers are really doing something bad or its just us not wanting to explore more about the new possibilities, but then again What do I know? I'm not a TOP PVP TR, and therefore my opinion must be shunned, but I still like to have those rank 8 enchants though ;)

i would realy like to use offencive encounters but its impossible in so many ways
    yesterday i spec executioner on prewiev i hit 10k lb on a top hr with a pvorp.
    now i was like maybe he deflected that but then i hit 4k
    and 4k and 4 so hrs have 50% deflect and strongest lb is 10 that is average off 7k
    7k strongest tr ability looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    reality check
    strongest gc with human 5k-STRONGEST
    and scoundrell is a biggest joke ever i try that dazing stuff works like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    dmg low, daze short, survival same as any path
    u know what happens if u do deft then df in stealth on gwf -10k dmg at best if he has bark 5k
    plus u need to manage df and gc all close range.
    i killed the same kind off gwf easy mod before glyph nerf even now i have fighting chance in mod 5 0.0%
    maybe smoke bomb brings some change
    but as it is now encounters recived 0000000.0% buff in medium high pvp where i usually play
    maybe rank 10 all legendary builds got a buff if u can stack 7- 8k power on 45k hp toon and low 1o gs tr but for everyone else mod 5
    is same if not worse
    for me worse
    glyph df combo is dead everything else cant compare to that huge dmg loss
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i would realy like to use offencive encounters but its impossible in so many ways
    yesterday i spec executioner on prewiev i hit 10k lb on a top hr with a pvorp.
    now i was like maybe he deflected that but then i hit 4k
    and 4k and 4 so hrs have 50% deflect and strongest lb is 10 that is average off 7k
    7k strongest tr ability looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

RRRRRRRRRROFL

reality check
    strongest gc with human 5k-STRONGEST

RRRRRROOORORORROFL

and scoundrell is a biggest joke ever i try that dazing stuff works like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    dmg low daze weak short survival same as any path
    u know what happens if u do deft then df in stealth on gwf -10k dmg at best if he has bark 5k
    i killed the same kind off gwf easy mod before glyph nerf even now i have fighting chance in mod 5 0.0%
    maybe smoke bomb brings some change

TROLOLROLORLRORRRRRRROOOOROROROFL

but as it is now encounters recived 0000000.0% buff in medium high pvp where i usually play

That's what happens happens when you spend weeks and weeks whining and crapping on the boards, instead of taking the time to practice and study what has changed. Most of us regular TRs in the preview, as well as those who fight against us, are almost ready to finalize our build/tactics in preparation for Nov.18th. You, on the other hand, I can only guess to how crappy and unoptimized you are for the change. How could you NOT be? You don't know jackshi* about how each path combat mechanic works.

10k on a HR, with a P.Vorpal, and a Lashing Blade, with an Executioner... just... LoL.

Your playing/spec/build level in the test server is probably near the scrub level. Spend more time and try optimize your build, and study how the buff/feat mechanics work. If possible, come to the preview everyday and look for some good players like Brollax or Nanner, or Vexation, and ask them on tips on how to use the new paths.

Even with the toning down since first preview, an Executioner built correctly should be landing 25k-ish LBs on a HR in the least, with an extra 12.5k damage from SoD 6s or so later. The fact that you are landing only 10k, suggests either you're massively outgeared, or you just don't know how stuff works.

Try actually reading the explanations on the tooltips next time? :rolleyes:
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And here are changes to class that is with such a ridiculous power that can wipe TR without effort in 2-3 seconds, not to mention that on pve is only class that is needed:

So much for excuse that they don't have to fix smoke bomb.

these are all changes to eliminate tr when he tries to gc cw lol
This discussion has been closed.