test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] Remove Life Steal & Buff Regen

benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
I find that life steal in PvE is too much and also I find that pure melee classes here are much more punished since you have to use potions from the begining while some ranged classes can almost forget them (I have a HR, a GF and a GWF and that is what I felt), so I thought that one way to normalize the HP gain is to buff regeneration, maybe a 10-25% of what it is now for every class except pure melee clases, these should have a buff on regeneration of 25-35%, and then remove life steal completely from the game.

A healer DC could be more requested, apart from the point of view that refill the HP bar on a second with a skill/encounter/power I've rarely seen on other games, and it's worse cause it's a base stat, a base stat that is allowing us to refill the HP in one second...
Post edited by benja32gonsales on

Comments

• Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I disagree,

I like the fact that self healing can come from two different stats. And each have their place within PvP. PvE Lifesteal outstrips Regen by far.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Disagree. I play every class in multiples, and I prefer it the way it is. My primary is strictly melee, and he would not be able to do his thing without lifesteal.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I disagree as well. The only thing I want to change/nerfed is the Damage reflect of GF. You will just be killed while you attacking them.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    but then you break templock
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, maybe I forgot to say, the changes I'm suggesting are not to be on an even better state, I'm suggesting them to don't feel like I'm playing GTA with cheats activated, and to rely more on a DC & GF for dungeons...
  • Options
    nithaliknithalik Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think it would be very difficult for them to just completely remove a stat from the game.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If anything they should actually nerf BOTH lifesteal AND regen. Life steal roughly down to the levels observable in PvP, and then regen nerfed in BOTH PvE AND PvP so it either ticks much slower during combat, or only works when out of combat.

Self-sustenance without mutual support should be made impossible no matter how high your defense/damage resistance is, left exclusively only to DCs.

As it is, not withstanding whether its PvE or PvP, some builds/specs are like Wolverine™ and healing factor, and thus usually makes the DC useless. It also allows warped and imbalanced parties for quick and easy dungeon runs, leaving out other classes such as GF or HR or TRs in any real roles. Ooh, I'm damaged, sprint and take a jog around the next node, or stealth and dance or little, or do the marauder's and then the Moonwalk for a bit and 50~60% of inflicted damage recovered... who needs DCs except as an insurance?

HRs boasting how they can group up mobs and wade through it with all the deflect heals, or GWFs simply going toe-to-toe against large number of mobs without flinching... yeah, this might make you feel all heroic and powerful and it is gratifying for sure, but in terms of gameplay stuff like that is abnormal, makes obsolete the role-based class distinction and party formation, and should be disallowed.

The very fact that every character, every class has some glaring weaknesses, is at the heart of the motive for making multi-class parties, hence the RPG aspect of the game. When you're so powerful as to be able to confront every situation yourself without fear of death -- then the game breaks.

That's why PvE is so danged easy and broken, and that's why nothing's ever gonna balance out the dominance of the simple GWFmeatshield + multi CW combos in PvE gameplay. The only thing that can deterr this trend is actual threat of death -- mobs more powerful, smart, and player self-heals/sustenance much weaker, so that no one or two class can simply gang up and defeat mobs with just CCs and DPS. '

For that reason, regen and lifesteal both need a nerf, even if it displeases many players.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, maybe I forgot to say, the changes I'm suggesting are not to be on an even better state, I'm suggesting them to don't feel like I'm playing GTA with cheats activated, and to rely more on a DC & GF for dungeons...

I wasn't aware anyone was forcing you to make use of the stats. If you honestly feel like you are cheating by their use, don't use them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I wasn't aware anyone was forcing you to make use of the stats. If you honestly feel like you are cheating by their use, don't use them.

No one is :)

EDIT:
    I don't think I have to say this, but when you find something unfair because it's broken and OP, you just don't use it, you go to te forum and make suggestion to reduce/remove it's effect to improve the game, like I'm trying.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    If anything they should actually nerf BOTH lifesteal AND regen. Life steal roughly down to the levels observable in PvP, and then regen nerfed in BOTH PvE AND PvP so it either ticks much slower during combat, or only works when out of combat.

Self-sustenance without mutual support should be made impossible no matter how high your defense/damage resistance is, left exclusively only to DCs.

As it is, not withstanding whether its PvE or PvP, some builds/specs are like Wolverine™ and healing factor, and thus usually makes the DC useless. It also allows warped and imbalanced parties for quick and easy dungeon runs, leaving out other classes such as GF or HR or TRs in any real roles. Ooh, I'm damaged, sprint and take a jog around the next node, or stealth and dance or little, or do the marauder's and then the Moonwalk for a bit and 50~60% of inflicted damage recovered... who needs DCs except as an insurance?

I agree, but the in this game the cooldowns for potions is too high, and at least pure melee classes like GFs and GWFs need a reliable way to recover their HP, without being too OP for PvE, it can be done by having maybe a second regen tick healing a 25% of the normal one or buffing regen.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    NO.

lifesteal is the only reason why gwf is still playable after the overnerf of unstoppable

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree.

Removing it seems a bit much though but halving it is a good idea imo. I am a DC, often i stand in the back buffing/debuffing (only thing we can do right now because healing isn't necessary) and see dps classes get fully healed by one good shot. Our self healing has been nerfed to the ground and dps can heal themselves better now then a healer can heal himself (or others for that matter) "That isn't normal".

Everyone here that wants to keep lifesteal as is, is just selfish and doesn't see the big picture of all the classes and group play. GF and DC haven't been needed in dungeons for a long time now and "that isn't normal". We DC's only are wanted for is buffing/debuffing just to give the dps classes bigger numbers and a hard on. This game runs on dps, gameplay shows it and achievements show it. PVE solo stuff is easy enough to do without any lifesteal and PVE group is so posed to be hard but isn't, just through 5x dps in a dugeon and there fine. I am going to say it one more time: "That isn't normal"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    NO.

lifesteal is the only reason why gwf is still playable after the overnerf of unstoppable

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I am assuming your talking about pvp we are talking about pve. Keep your lifesteal in pvp i dont care but it should be lowered in pve. Because if you have trouble in pve then your just bad or doing content above what your supposed to do.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    NO.

Isn't it amazing how pre-conceptions simply lock down a certain image and never makes it change?

I thought it was pretty obvious that the nerf to Unstoppable for destroyer build GWFs simply meant that the destroyers would now be considered a DPS with SOME tanking qualities, but generally much weaker than sentinels, and hence would need to be played like a DPS, not like a tank.

Instead, despite the nerf, for many people the GWF is still not a mobile swordsman type... and they still think of the Hulk-Smash type brain-dead, charge straight, never move, never flinch, never back-away type of a class.

Overnerf? If you want Unstoppable to be like it was, you could always go sentinel, no?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i AM talking about pve, lifesteal is kind of trash in pvp for most classes, life steal is for pve, regen is for pvp

go sentinel and deal less damage than DC ? sentinel is useless for pve, there is only 1 pve tree for gwf and its destroyer

in PvP Unstoppable is fine even for destro, but im not a fan of being oneshot in PvE when im forced to tank bosses. lifesteal is only way melee dps can survive, and if you are talking about braindead classes then its ranged dps not melee. GWF dont have invulnerability frames, so we need to facetank some attacks, or we can always run and hide behind some ranged dps so they are killed instead

ranged classes can ignore most of the attacks since most monsters attack in melee range and most red circles are melee range. we already have to waste a lot of time evading bigger attacks or being knocked back through ability that SHOULD make us immune to cc while ranged can just bash their face against keyboard
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Life steal makes support classes like tanks or clerics redundant. So yes. The main issue is how lifesteal interacts with aoe though. It procs off litteraly everything. Making it limited to one target (and maybe to all cursed ones for scourges not to break the class mechanics completely) would probably address the issue.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Life steal makes support classes like tanks or clerics redundant. So yes. The main issue is how lifesteal interacts with aoe though. It procs off litteraly everything. Making it limited to one target (and maybe to all cursed ones for scourges not to break the class mechanics completely) would probably address the issue.

its the dungeon mechanics and lack of challenging content not lifesteal, having a tank in eLoL is nice, and in guild we usually run with cleric cause the buffs are nice and we dont really care if it takes 1 min more to roflstomp the pathetic content of that dungeon
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I am assuming your talking about pvp we are talking about pve. Keep your lifesteal in pvp i dont care but it should be lowered in pve. Because if you have trouble in pve then your just bad or doing content above what your supposed to do.

I dare anyone of these people to get rid of as much lifesteal as possible and try running with a soft class like a melle hr in pvE (edit).
    You are so soft that any AoE you get hit by in boss fights will take you 80% down. I guess thats when you would want the HR to start circling and waiting for that regen huh?

The only way that some classes are viable is through lifesteal.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    its the dungeon mechanics and lack of challenging content not lifesteal, having a tank in eLoL is nice, and in guild we usually run with cleric cause the buffs are nice and we dont really care if it takes 1 min more to roflstomp the pathetic content of that dungeon

All dps classes care about is dps and have no defense stats to speak of, why? because lifesteal will keep them alive.
    Support classes feel useless at the moment and only reason you take a cleric with you is: more damage.

When you cant heal yourself instantly damage become dangerous again and you will watch out in red cirkels and will be happy when a gf takes some mobs of your back and that the cleric throws down astral shield and hallowed ground.

Tone down lifesteal, it will improve group diversity, challenge and teamwork.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I dare anyone of these people to get rid of as much lifesteal as possible and try running with a soft class like a melle hr in pvE (edit).
    You are so soft that any AoE you get hit by in boss fights will take you 80% down. I guess thats when you would want the HR to start circling and waiting for that regen huh?

I dont know the specifics of all the classes but what would happen if all the points from lifesteal went into defense?
    I might take your down to 50% instead of 80%.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    All dps classes care about is dps and have no defense stats to speak of, why? because lifesteal will keep them alive.
    Support classes feel useless at the moment and only reason you take a cleric with you is: more damage.

When you cant heal yourself instantly damage become dangerous again and you will watch out in red cirkels and will be happy when a gf takes some mobs of your back and that the cleric throws down astral shield and hallowed ground.

Tone down lifesteal, it will improve group diversity, challenge and teamwork.

so how would it change life of my 17.8k gs GWF

Dragon HE
    forget about them, i couldnt do them without a cleric in party, so on top of waiting 5~15 min on dragon i would have to spend time looking for cleric while ranged classes could still easily do them, and nobody would look for GWF since the encounter favors ranged classes(i could solo most of the dragons on a 10k gs SW if i had enough time to kill them without getting hit once) while on gwf i often take 15k+ dmg hits or lose a lot of time running out of red circles

IWD dailies - doable but would have to wait between encounters to regen

IWD 2/3 heroics - forget about them, cant do without healer, can do them easily now

IWD/ToD lairs - slow as f... would have to rest often

Dungeons - forget about dungeons since nobody would want GWF's if they can take CW's and keep mobs cc'd all the time, and GWF's would need a cleric constantly healing them

so your group diversity would consist of having 1 GF, 1 DC/Tempt SW and 3 ranged dps(pref CW), everything else would suck rear end

in the end i would be forced to quit because my character would become completely useless
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Dragon HE
    forget about them, i couldnt do them without a cleric in party, so on top of waiting 5~15 min on dragon i would have to spend time looking for cleric while ranged classes could still easily do them, and nobody would look for GWF since the encounter favors ranged classes(i could solo most of the dragons on a 10k gs SW if i had enough time to kill them without getting hit once) while on gwf i often take 15k+ dmg hits or lose a lot of time running out of red circles

IWD 2/3 heroics - forget about them, cant do without healer, can do them easily now

Dungeons - forget about dungeons since nobody would want GWF's if they can take CW's and keep mobs cc'd all the time, and GWF's would need a cleric constantly healing them

so your group diversity would consist of having 1 GF, 1 DC/Tempt SW and 3 ranged dps(pref CW), everything else would suck rear end

in the end i would be forced to quit because my character would become completely useless

Or use potions. I know, it costs gold, but it works. I'm doing the IWD dailies with dps spells only and tanking at close range dragon encounters with my 25k HPs and 35% DR cleric, so you can certainly do it better than me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Dragon HE

Tone down life steal not remove it that's my standpoint. i also have a gwf and dragons hit hard but also telegraph red area's so walk away for a few seconds.

And my vision for group diversity would be to have 1 support character that can be aggro/tank gf, mitigation/healer cleric or Tempt warlock. The other 4 whatever you like. Right now there is 0 support characters that is my problem and having the DPS/LS combo be not so ridiculous might help that.

For a 17.8k gs GWF i really think your exaggerating that a decrease in lifesteal effectiveness makes your class unplayable.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    For a 17.8k gs GWF i really think your exaggerating that a decrease in lifesteal effectiveness makes your class unplayable.

It's not just exaggeration it's either not knowing at all some basic game mechanics (potions) or being dishonnest. Lifesteal isn't required in any kind of content. Not even solo stuff. In the meantime when I play my CW I get 50k health from steal time, 60k from shards and up to 100k from oppressive force. I'm of course not talking about the massive continuous stream of HPs from conduit of ice or icy terrain. The way lifesteal works with anything and especially aoe spells makes us play in god mode plain and simple. The more stuff you have around you the easier self-healing for absurd amounts of health is easy.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    you have heals, gwf without life steal wouldnt have any, and its your choice to be in close range, GWF MUST be in close range, and you dont have to do high dps on cleric, for gwf its the only thing they can do, or they could buff regen 3x and gwf would become unkillable in pvp resulting in more crying CW's and more nerfs for GWF

and please do tell me how well 8.5k heal on 12sec cd from potions help when you get hit for around 4~5k from these ranged mobs(shamans or smth) that spawn in IWD totem HE ? even normal mobs hot for 1~2k, those potions are useful only when u cant steal life. i have played mmo where potion drinking was so needed it was worked in standard rotation, dont want to play another one
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    you have heals, gwf without life steal wouldnt have any, and its your choice to be in close range, GWF MUST be in close range, and you dont have to do high dps on cleric, for gwf its the only thing they can do, or they could buff regen 3x and gwf would become unkillable in pvp resulting in more crying CW's and more nerfs for GWF

and please do tell me how well 8.5k heal on 12sec cd from potions help when you get hit for around 4~5k from these ranged mobs(shamans or smth) that spawn in IWD totem HE ? even normal mobs hot for 1~2k, those potions are useful only when u cant steal life. i have played mmo where potion drinking was so needed it was worked in standard rotation, dont want to play another one

I forgot to mention I have a 13k GWF with litteraly 0 lifesteal. I don't play it often but yes IWD encounters aren't an issue. At all. When you get hit pop unstoppable and then use the encounter healing you... If that's not enough then a potion will help. Please don't force me to make a video to post it you don't want me to do that to you. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    you have heals, gwf without life steal wouldnt have any

With righteousness our self heals are bad we cant even do half of what a dps class can do with lifesteal and to do that we need our healing encounters so we don't do damage at that point while the dps class does damage AND has more healing. <-- This was part of my point of my first post here. To compensate for that i have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of defensive stats. Meanwhile dps classes (mostly gwf funny enough) focus on power, power, power, power and lifesteal. Its out of control.

Im still on the opinion to make Lifesteal less effective not remove it btw.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Melee TR, softest class in the game and the hardest to play effectively. I am also partially color blind. I got my LS down to just over 500. The game is still way too easy. I can drop gear to increase the challenge (still would be easy) but it is hard enough to get a group now and I would certainly have worse (if any) luck getting a group with all my gear save my weapons gone.

LS does need a serious nerf, though, it heals far too much currently.
  • Options
    tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just NO. If you don't like this game go play another game where you can ask for nerfings every day. Sick and tired of ppl like you asking for nerfs just because you get powned by better players.