test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The AD/Zen Exchange

Comments

• dragonknightgrdragonknightgr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very true that this will immediately have a positive affect on the ZAX as far as trades go.

However, it will have a detrimental affect on the Zen Market sales volume, reducing the want for Zen, reducing the sale of Zen.

Astral Diamonds are a synthetic trading token that is a player-only option and completely useless otherwise. Zen is a cash-value token that is a very real revenue-generating currency. Therefore, which do you imagine is (perhaps thousands of times) more important to the company as a going concern?

Hence, though your idea (which is not original and has been proffered again and again over months) will never come to fruition. Because it's really bad business sense to do so.

//justsaying.

I dont understad why making Zen Market products Bound to Account will affect real money Zen buyers and the Company... If i have real money to buy a booster pack or a mount why do i care if its bound to account... i buy it for ME..! if i want to get AD with my real money ZEN i use ZAX and get them... I dont think all that time that the ZAX was working fine, someone was paying real money to buy a Ward and put it for sale at AH.. there was no point doing that when all players could trade their AD for ZEN in seconds and buy it themselves in the actual price..

And how excactly it reduces the want of ZEN..? if all that zen market items dont flood the AH.. my only way to get them is to get ZEN..! that increases the want for ZEN..

Anyway I cannot understand the problem for the Company from making all Zen Market products Bound to Account.. But if there is one then why they dont just do what magenubbie said:
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Agreed. a better solution would be making all converted zen-purchases BoA, and leave the real zen purchases untouched.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll like to add again that items from the zen store being unbound allows us to buy lesser bonding runestones for cheap. They are pretty awesome and highly cost effective for the stats alone. Bind the zen market and noone benefits. You just added a restriction.
    edited August 2014
    Ok.. I keep hearing that the main reason they dont want to bind zen market items.. is them "Traders" that making future investements in ZEN items for AH selling.. I dont care about these kind of players/traders/ who probably are involed in 3party AD selling or else why so eager for so much profit... They obviously not using real money cause they just making loops... So I say let them go play a Dow Jones simulator.. They have nothing to offer to the game except trouble..

People who really have money to spent in games will buy what they need and try to enjoy the game.. If they had time to bother with such long term trading tactics they wouldnt have the need to use real money to progress through the game.. they would just farm their way.. So the company have nothing to lose($) by Binding Zen market.. and nothing to earn($) from MMO "Traders".. They just break games economy and frustrate all other (paying and free) players.

Is it possible to have a Official reply about these subject and if they have any plans to fix ZAX..?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The ZAX is not broken. F2P players just need to wait some time to get their zen. Paying customers still get their ad plus a bonus due to the fact that their zen is worth a lot more because of the shortage
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The ZAX is not broken. F2P players just need to wait some time to get their zen. Paying customers still get their ad plus a bonus due to the fact that their zen is worth a lot more because of the shortage

I'm sorry, but the ZAX is indeed "broken", for lack of a better term. It is NOT designed to be backlogged for weeks at a time and locked permanently at the AD cap. The reasons for why it is this way right now vary, but mostly boil down to "people suck".

How can I call it "broken"? Seems to work just fine for the paying customers, right? Give them real money, and POOF here's your instant AD. All is well.

EXCEPT

The only people doing this are the ones who do not know any better, or are so stubborn that they refuse to act upon the thing that is staring them in the face. Some of them may even object morally to the "exploit" I outlined above.

If you use the ZAX to buy AD, then you are getting a much much much lower value for your Zen then if you would buy items and sell them on the AH like in Step #3 --> #4 of the Loop!

Indeed, this problem might even sort itself out sooner if everyone woke up to this simple fact above and stopped using the ZAX to get AD altogether! If that backlog grew and grew to over a month and countless millions backlogged, the devs would be forced to act instead of hanging back at the sidelines hoping this somehow fixes itself.
    edited August 2014
    I wish it was that simple.. lets see if F2P players get bored/frustrated waiting 2 weeks for an exchange and quit.. if their will be anyone filling our queues..! From my experience i know that when u push F2P players to use money to get the job done, is more likely that they switch to another game than being paying customers.
    edited August 2014
    As for the item bindings, it's something I personally don't want. I like being free to choose what to do even if I don't really do it so much. However if it was done from the start, people would probably not care. It's only when you remove the ability that people start to see it as a bad thing.
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    As for the item bindings, it's something I personally don't want. I like being free to choose what to do even if I don't really do it so much. However if it was done from the start, people would probably not care. It's only when you remove the ability that people start to see it as a bad thing.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it. The devs are not actively trying to anger everyone. (I think)

As an exception, making the enchanted keys bind was kinda a no-brainer -- probably should have had them that way from the beginning, but the devs trusted us too much. I hope they've learned their lesson. LOL
    edited August 2014
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it. The devs are not actively trying to anger everyone. (I think)

As an exception, making the enchanted keys bind was kinda a no-brainer -- probably should have had them that way from the beginning, but the devs trusted us too much. I hope they've learned their lesson. LOL

Tbh I wasn't really keen on the enchanted key change. They were a great way to pay people for split runs, made great gifts, could be used for as a trading tool and can allow you to transfer keys on different accounts. I personally have 2 accounts, one as my main and one as a storage holder that also generates AD.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they should just sell keys for AD only, for a week or two just to get the backlog down.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited August 2014
    Anybody want a good laugh?

Google "zen exchange neverwinter 2013" and read some of the forum posts from last year. Marvel at how ridiculously good we had it back then with the ZAX.

Maybe it will help put things into perspective. :)
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Anybody want a good laugh?

Google "zen exchange neverwinter 2013" and read some of the forum posts from last year. Marvel at how ridiculously good we had it back then with the ZAX.

Maybe it will help put things into perspective. :)

Don't really want to go back there and relive it. Its painful. I recall making several horrific predictions that eventually came true. Such as the constant 500/1 Zen exchange and and Coal wards selling for 500K. On the bright side of now though, the current backlog of AD seems to still be dropping.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    Don't really want to go back there and relive it. Its painful. I recall making several horrific predictions that eventually came true. Such as the constant 500/1 Zen exchange and and Coal wards selling for 500K. On the bright side of now though, the current backlog of AD seems to still be dropping.
    There is nothing wrong with it being 500:1, the only problem is the backlog.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    Backlog seems to be dropping (below 11M today) ... hopefully this trend stays. For a long time.

I'd like to see the ZAX calm down, and the wait decrease significantly.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with it being 500:1, the only problem is the backlog.

They are connected. If the backlog ever goes away then we'll see Zen start to drop below 500 every now and then. The only reason there is a backlog is because there is so much more AD in the system than Zen. Making the AD worth less than before. Back then there were fewer ways to create AD. They added more dailies that reward AD and they added salvaging. Mix an exploit or two into the mess as well, and suddenly you have tons more AD than the people with Zen are willing to buy.

Slowly the problem is being repaired though. Zen sales lower the comparative value of Zen to AD. While with each mod they are adding more AD sinks. And they are lowering prices on the current AD sinks so more people use them. And since the backlog is slowly shrinking, it seems to be working. Will take a while to be sure though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • alcattlealcattle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One thing I have not seen written is why should I sell Zen? I have AD, so I have Zen to buy things not buy AD. Too many with too much AD, all one way traffic with long backlog
  • ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi! all

as the topic says...

the waiting period for getting zen through exchange is turning out to be rather toooo annoying and unrealistic...at least for me that is as true as it can be. I mean i've got people on zone and in party and in guild telling me that the take at the very max 2 week maybe to get their zen off of exchange for a specified amount of ADs @ 1zen/500ADs rate (which to be true is already too horrendous to begin with...yet that can't be helped...what the trouble with me is i had posted an offer on exchange 2 months back (its about to be 2 and a half months now) and i still have no zen for it....its true too that i've been trying different amounts of ADs and zen to see if that works but nothing...

as for today i posted 1236Zen at 500ADs (spending 618kADs)...now i have been told to split the amounts and post multiple offers just in case...and believe me i've tried numerous times....yet absolutely nothing...

y is this so..eh!?...y is it that only i am not get any of those zen while sooooo freaking many other keep getting them in under or @ 2 weeks (as they say...not sure if i want to believe them or not...but its what they say)!?

i have even asked and posted a similar thread in bug report too (assuming its a bug but not sure if it is...don't think so but then whats with this sooooo long wait?) but never got any reply...

thx
    ash

--EDIT--

oh! and im not truly sure if the bug reports work at all but like many other i too still have my chat bugged....true that i can now right click the name handles which i couldn't do a few days back...but the other chat bug still exists according to which my tabs keep changing automatically every time i change location or open a window...any window....

example: say, i m in party tab in chatbox...and then i change from enclave to any Dungeon with party...i m no longer in party tab with party as the 'tell' option but instead im in zone tab with 'say'...furthermore when that happens and i click the little arrow to drop the list of the chat tabs that i have i see 2 party tabs or 2 log tabs or any other but 2 of them!...y?...and when i click say, log tab instead of log tab coming up i get trade or combat or some other tab!...

its 1 annoyingly tedious bug to keep changing the tabs and searching for the right tab to click so as to get the other tab that i actually wanted and to be on and to keep changing the 'tell' option to the right one that 1 wanted to be on... pretty please look into that bug...

thx
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's simply no way you're going to get an offer through the exchange in one day.

It's going to take about 12 days. There are no tricks to getting Zen faster than that. If someone's telling you they're getting zen faster, they're lying. Also, if you keep taking your offers down and putting them back up, it'll take even longer.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Don't do this. If you are ok with the 500:1 ratio then buy Coalescent Wards with your Zen and put them on the AH at 550k or so (which nets you the 500:1) and get your AD same-day. Sooner...same hour, likely...if you're willing to play with that price a little.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    Don't do this. If you are ok with the 500:1 ratio then buy Coalescent Wards with your Zen and put them on the AH at 550k or so (which nets you the 500:1) and get your AD same-day. Sooner...same hour, likely...if you're willing to play with that price a little.

You obviously have not see the current prices on Coal wards. Prices are dropping fast due to the sale. 550k will not get him a sale, quick or otherwise.
  • theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »

Isn't OP buying Zen, rather than selling? (Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what "i had posted an offer on exchange 2 months back (its about to be 2 and a half months now) and i still have no zen for it" means? *scratches head*
    edited August 2014
    Isn't OP buying Zen, rather than selling? (Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what "i had posted an offer on exchange 2 months back (its about to be 2 and a half months now) and i still have no zen for it" means? *scratches head*
    Right you are, my bad :)
  • ethnyaethnya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem is the price ceiling on zen. Basic economics shows what happens when you create a price ceiling. People have to "black market" their way around the ceiling, like you suggest. They should simply remove the ceiling on AD:Zen conversions and the market will sort itself out.
    edited August 2014
    ethnya wrote: »
    The problem is the price ceiling on zen. Basic economics shows what happens when you create a price ceiling. People have to "black market" their way around the ceiling, like you suggest. They should simply remove the ceiling on AD:Zen conversions and the market will sort itself out.

Yes, absolutely. Let the two currencies float against each other, seek their own natural level, and the backlog will vanish in fairly short order.
    edited August 2014
    If we all refuse to buy Zen Produts that are selling in the AH we may force therse annoying "Traders" to use the Exchange to get their ADs and get rid of this backlog... BTW we had a big Thread about this problem these days, its good to keep it alive http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?745851-The-AD-Zen-Exchange
    edited August 2014
    If we all refuse to buy Zen Produts that are selling in the AH we may force therse annoying "Traders" to use the Exchange to get their ADs and get rid of this backlog... BTW we had a big Thread about this problem these days, its good to keep it alive http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?745851-The-AD-Zen-Exchange

Never happen. Nor should it.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ash1113 wrote: »
    Hi! all

as the topic says...

the waiting period for getting zen through exchange is turning out to be rather toooo annoying and unrealistic...at least for me that is as true as it can be. I mean i've got people on zone and in party and in guild telling me that the take at the very max 2 week maybe to get their zen off of exchange for a specified amount of ADs @ 1zen/500ADs rate (which to be true is already too horrendous to begin with...yet that can't be helped...what the trouble with me is i had posted an offer on exchange 2 months back (its about to be 2 and a half months now) and i still have no zen for it....its true too that i've been trying different amounts of ADs and zen to see if that works but nothing...

as for today i posted 1236Zen at 500ADs (spending 618kADs)...now i have been told to split the amounts and post multiple offers just in case...and believe me i've tried numerous times....yet absolutely nothing...

I think that every time you take down an offer and post another,you loose your queue and have to wait all over again.So if you did it,that may be the cause of your long wait.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's simply no way you're going to get an offer through the exchange in one day.

It's going to take about 12 days. There are no tricks to getting Zen faster than that. If someone's telling you they're getting zen faster, they're lying. Also, if you keep taking your offers down and putting them back up, it'll take even longer.

I posted mine over 3 weeks ago now and I still haven't received it.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
This discussion has been closed.