test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pandora's ranged perma WhisperKnife build (100% Invisible)

pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
EDIT: Read The Date Of The Post Guys, This Is An Out-Dated Build Which was destined for module 4 where being 100% invisible was impossible. I will update the module 5 version of it when I have time !

Okay, so a LOT of rogues have PMed me/added me in-game and I showed them a direct demonstration in the trade of blades, with the positive feedback I recieved from these people... I decided to stop being lazy and finally release it.

Like the title says, this a RANGED whisperknife perma-stealth build. You attack your enemy from a distance while never getting close and taking NO risks at all. It avoids you being CCed.

This build has NO "Visibility weakness", you will be completely invisible 100% of the time, you don't even need a 3rd encounter to "Cover the vulnerability gap", because there's none. There are exceptions when there's an automatic AOE that has a DoT enchant hits you.

I will show you how it's done by explaining and by videos (Who are below).

Before I start with the power and feats, I will tell about the PROS and CONS of this build

PROS:

- You will NEVER come visible AT ALL (See signature screenshot). Exeption is if you get hit of course. Try not to.

- Does not need BiS gear

- Does not need high INT (14-15 is enough). Means you can put the rest of attribute points elsewhere.

- MASSIVE damage against squishy pugs

- Excellent node contester

CONS:

- If you mess up and become visible and get CCed, you are dead period (In that case, you need soulforged armor to be resurrected then pop BloodCrystal Ravenskull)

- Low damage against tankier/higher geared people (If you face multiple tanky people, sometimes you don't even bother attacking because it's pointless.. just run around the node)

- Low HP

- Difficult to master (You have to have PERFECT timing with stamina and dodges because INT is low)

- Lowers your gear score

FEATS

All right, basically, this build uses the Saboteur tree and Stamina related feats. I will explain why I chose each feat:

Lu5UTOv.png

Toughness: For more HP

Action Advantage : Rogue is the slowest Action Point building class. A nice addition

Swift Footwork : A MUST, since this build requires you to move around a dodge quite often

Twilight Adept : A must as well, you're aiming to stay invisible 100% of the time

Improved Cunning Sneak : Self explanatory

Cunning Stalker : Just like Action Advantage, more AP generation is always welcome

Nimble dodge : Amazing feat, like I said, you will dodge often, and this reduces the stamina when you dodge.

Expert Sneak : Speed is also very important to position yourself when contesting a node

Sneak of Shadows : Your main source of damage will be your at-wills. so this feat comes in handy

Ruthless Efficiency : Meh capstone, but it's decent when fighting multiple squishies, you kill one, then you can drop the next squishy faster.

Underhanded Tactics: Increases Combat Advantage's effectiveness? Yes please, because with this build, you ALWAYS have combat advantage, so a permanent 20% increase

Dazzling Blades: This feat is just too good, since your main source of damage is your at-wills, this feat reduces your chances of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up your rotation

POWERS

I will not post my power tree screenshot because I have extra EXP points which will confuse newcomers. But I will tell you the powers that you NEED to max out

This will be your main rotation:

At wills:

- Cloud of Steel

- Disheartening Strike

Encounters:

- Bait and Switch

- Shadow Strike

- Smoke bomb (Incase you screw up your rotation, then this will daze people)

- Impact Shot (If you're facing bad people and just want to clear faster)

Dailies :

- WhirlWind of Blades / Hateful Knives

- Lurker's Assault (To extend your stealth if you're positive that your cooldown will not make it in time)

Passives :

- Sneak Attack

- Dagger threat
Post edited by pandora1x on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    BOONS

GoNi0rF.jpg

yUSdLqa.jpg

lqdDnec.png

EAkPnef.png

Didn't finish Sharandar and never will because I absolutely hate that POS place xD

If you have Sharandar maxed then take the Stamina feat obviously.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GEAR

You need the full profound set for more stealth meter. You also need to Blues listed in the screenshot below to stack recovery (Important stat)

Weapon enchant: Vorpal, because the crits from Cloud of Steel and Disheartening Strike can hurt if taken lightly

Armor Enchant : Soulforged, incase you screw up your rotation and die

0LOW7A4.jpg

4MkSdy5.png

Your main artifact will be BloodCrystal Ravenskull. This artifact is absolutely amazing, it's like a mini unstoppable. If you get caught in a CC and die, pop this artifact once Soulforged armor resurrects you, then you can simply re-stealth and begin the rotation again.

As you notice I did not focus on regen much... Because with this build you barely even get hit unless the enemy is smart and knows what he's doing... Which doesn't occur a lot :P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    HOW TO PERFORM THE ROTATION

You stealth, then approach the node you want to contest, start off by firing every single one of your Knives from Cloud of Steel, then start spamming Disheartening Strike, once you see your stealth meter's about to end, pop Bait and Switch, continue to attack your enemy, BEFORE DOING SHADOW STRIKE YOU HAVE TO DODGE TWICE (Or the rotation is screwed). So dodge twice, attack with shadow strike which will refill your stealth meter, then continue attacking, your Bait and Switch should be off cooldown, once your stealth bar is about to end, pop bait and switch again. Rinse and repeat.

Basically: Bait and Switch -> Dodge twice -> Shadow Strike -> Dodge twice -> Bait and Switch again -> Rinse and repeat

So that's it... It's late at night, I hope I didn't forget anything, if I did or any rogues have any questions, feel free to post ITT. Vid(s) incoming when I find a decent recording software.

To give you a general idea of the effectiveness of this build, I started playing again about 4 days after the release of the leaderboards (Was on vacation). I'm currently on page 2. 100% solo queue pug.

NN2AGAi.png

Cheers ! And may the WhisperKnife army ARISE ! ;D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    DEMONSTRATION VIDEO

Sorry for the uber terrible quality, this is the very first time ever that I'm recording a gameplay video.. since I'm not much of a gamer. But here it is

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxlu0qTR8Q (VS two CW's)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agu2F1hwz1Q&feature=youtu.be (Impact Shot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW46-2zNOCc&feature=youtu.be (Smoke Bomb)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HUjo6rVpGc&feature=youtu.be (Vengeace's pursuit)
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cool Thanks!
  • Options
    techforyoutechforyou Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great job man ! Thank you very much ^^
    You don't use Vengeance's Pursuit ?
    And can you give us how your skill's are ? And your stat's
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWF-come and get
    HR-that thingy which covers whole node
    CW-steal time or shard
    DC-sun burst
    TR-path of blades
    GF-they have some aoe too
    If you get hit by any of this skills without tenacious concealment as you said you use:
    Passives :

- Sneak Attack

- Dagger threat
    Then you will be as good as dead hehehe.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Gameplay video is up! I messed up at the beginning due to being careless and that **** plaguefire but oh well hehe.

GWF-come and get
    HR-that thingy which covers whole node
    CW-steal time or shard
    DC-sun burst
    TR-path of blades
    GF-they have some aoe too
    If you get hit by any of this skills without tenacious concealment as you said you use:
    Passives :

- Sneak Attack

- Dagger threat
    Then you will be as good as dead hehehe.

Not necessarily, smoke bomb comes into play here. You'll see it happens once in the vid I posted due to plaguefire but it didn't really compromise anything.

And if things get too nasty I can just slot Tenacious in the middle of the combat, no problem.

techforyou wrote: »
    Great job man ! Thank you very much ^^
    You don't use Vengeance's Pursuit ?
    And can you give us how your skill's are ? And your stat's

Vengeance's pursuit is garbage :/ possible worst paragon power in the game, clunky teleport, bad damage, CC escape is not viable. The only way I see it useful is marking other perma stealth rogues.

If by skill you mean powers.. then it's there, stats too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Two other videos using Impact Shot incoming.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Last Boon of Sharandar = Elven Resolve can add more survival to this build.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    techforyoutechforyou Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pandora but what should i put on stat's ? DEX str ? str Charisma ?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    techforyou wrote: »
    Pandora but what should i put on stat's ? DEX str ? str Charisma ?

DEX and CHA (INT as a 3rd)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another video VS Two control wizards at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxlu0qTR8Q&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Didn't finish Sharandar and never will because I absolutely hate that POS place xD

LOL! Nice build, and I am with you on Sharandar. I have only gotten the first two boons on all (but one) of my characters because the grind for the others is crazy!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! Nice build, and I am with you on Sharandar. I have only gotten the first two boons on all (but one) of my characters because the grind for the others is crazy!

Thanks!

Yeah I hate that place lol, literally the worst place in the entire game XD

NPC's there are annoying, the fey aspect is annoying, the only nice place is the 2nd portal due to night time.
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Perma WK is fun and all but it just isn't viable in premade matches, a perma MI could beat WK easily.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    Perma WK is fun and all but it just isn't viable in premade matches, a perma MI could beat WK easily.

I may have to agree with you. I do have a preference for MI over WK, although pandora1x's build is pretty good.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I've done only two pre-mades againt a known guild that starts with S and the other with P and D being the 2nd word (Can't name and shame, but it should be easy to guess who it is I think)..... had no problem contesting despite the GWF's (two) using roar back in mod3.

But this build is for average newcomers (Since pre-made population is what.. 1%? not even). Master Infiltrators have life easier with ITC I agree. But this build is underrated, MI's don't beat it as "Easily" as you think. Infact, when I run into MI's in pugs I always get comments such as "You're one of these ****ers..." "What an annoying build".

If I had rank 10's and Perfects I'm confident I could make this build viable even for pre-mades. But halas I'm just a casual player (:
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Haha very nice! I dind't think it was possible to stay in stealth for basically always, congrats!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Haha very nice! I dind't think it was possible to stay in stealth for basically always, congrats!

Haha thank you! Told you it was possible ;D
  • Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is the asinine troll post that inhibits experimentation. Always someone that has to pontificate about the above. WHO CARES? PVP is 5 on 5 ... not 1 on 1. You win because you incorporate strategy and teamwork, not who can kill who in a deathmatch. In fact, although I don't have any ambition to PVP at highest level, I am sure there is a meta that most guilds stick to. However, I'd be interested in seeing removing the TR from his traditional backcap role simply because a combat HR does it better. Move the WK TR to 2 and 1 in support and debuff. Who knows? The issue is no one has bothered to explore a WK far enough to experiment. Seems to me that some guy experimenting with an alternative build and making page 8 of the leaderboard at a time when other classes have been significantly buffed says quite a bit.

Kudos to you Pandora ... this is excellent stuff and I can't wait to look a little deeper when I have the time. I hope you make page 1!! One question ... why do you empty COS first? Would you not be better off hitting once with DiS to start the DOT and then dump?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    chestnut13 wrote: »
    Seems to me that some guy experimenting with an alternative build and making page 8 of the leaderboard at a time when other classes have been significantly buffed says quite a bit.

Kudos to you Pandora ... this is excellent stuff and I can't wait to look a little deeper when I have the time. I hope you make page 1!! One question ... why do you empty COS first? Would you not be better off hitting once with DiS to start the DOT and then dump?

I'm on page 5 now ;D see updated screenshot.

I empty CoS first because of its massive damage and due to the fact that Disheartening Strike is unlimited unlike CoS. So I empty them first and let them recharge while I spam Disheartening Strike, then once at least 4-5 charges are back I attack again with the CoS barrage.

Thank you for the wishes btw. I'll try to represent WK TR's... I hope I make it ^^
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great guide. I actually run a Sab WK build but not fully optimised for perma stealth. I may have to bust out my old Recovery daggers, tweak some feats, and get back in to PvP. :)
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Great guide. I actually run a Sab WK build but not fully optimised for perma stealth. I may have to bust out my old Recovery daggers, tweak some feats, and get back in to PvP. :)

Thank you

This build will allow you to have a good KDR and advance decently in leaderboard.

Good luck! (Sergeant Knox voice)
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Nice build pandora. If more rogues went whisperknife I would have a much harder time in pvp lol. Every time I fight a MI rogue I just hunt them in stealth and dodge there DF easy and kill them, when I fight a WK I have to keep looking for them(usually never find them if there good) and just holding up my guard. In 1v1 Wk is much harder for me, MI need to get close to me and I kill them easy, WK staying at a distance with a good enchant, high power and arm pen is a nightmare.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Nice build pandora. If more rogues went whisperknife I would have a much harder time in pvp lol. Every time I fight a MI rogue I just hunt them in stealth and dodge there DF easy and kill them, when I fight a WK I have to keep looking for them(usually never find them if there good) and just holding up my guard. In 1v1 Wk is much harder for me, MI need to get close to me and I kill them easy, WK staying at a distance with a good enchant, high power and arm pen is a nightmare.

Thanks !

Haha yeah, it's basically your worst enemy because if the WK uses my build, he can just run around the node while you guard... let you drain your guard, then start bombarding you xD, if you run around without wasting your guard (Not guarding) you still take damage because he'll attack then.

It's very underrated.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just want to say thank you for showing people that Whisper Knife has hidden potentials and builds that people don't know about or give any chance to try.

All because "MI perma would win, or MI perma does this/that better"

MI is such a stereotypical play style and rotation and build that pretty much everyone knows what a MI is doing/going to do and when. For experienced players, just as Crixus said, MI Permas are very easy to deal with. You just hit them while they are stealthed and avoid their DF attacks. Which is very easy to do.

I am glad that not a lot of people want to be a WK, it leaves those of us who do with an advantage of knowing what most other players/classes do and them having no idea what we are doing.

It is always funny to tag someone with some CoS and a Dis Strike and watch them dodge around because they think a DF is coming at them. Since you attack from range you can LoS easily before your stealth wears off if you find yourself in a tight spot and need to hide but are out of stealth meter.

WK will stay under rated for a long time, until Mod 5. I think cryptic will give WK a lot of love and we will see every ones opinion shift and change. Just basing this on how they usually go about with changes. If/when we get a buff, at least one of our feats and skills will be wonky ridiculous. Just look at any other class that was buffed in the past, there is always something that is just stupidly powerful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pantamime wrote: »
    I just want to say thank you for showing people that Whisper Knife has hidden potentials and builds that people don't know about or give any chance to try.

You're welcome, hopefully people see the true potential of WK
    All because "MI perma would win, or MI perma does this/that better"

Yeah no kidding, I'm honestly kinda tired of the MI overhype, since the Bile nerf, they aren't THAT threatening anymore.
    MI is such a stereotypical play style and rotation and build that pretty much everyone knows what a MI is doing/going to do and when. For experienced players, just as Crixus said, MI Permas are very easy to deal with. You just hit them while they are stealthed and avoid their DF attacks. Which is very easy to do.

Most people miss DF, since we are ranged we have even less chances of being hit by it. But I admit that someone who lands DF on me (Has happened twice so far) is extremely impressive. I always take time to PM them and compliment them for it.
    I am glad that not a lot of people want to be a WK, it leaves those of us who do with an advantage of knowing what most other players/classes do and them having no idea what we are doing.

THIS! couldn't agree more. It's very unpredictable.
    It is always funny to tag someone with some CoS and a Dis Strike and watch them dodge around because they think a DF is coming at them. .

It's hilarious watching them jump and move around. It's futile, since the WK's ranged attacks always hit unless they dodge.
    WK will stay under rated for a long time, until Mod 5. I think cryptic will give WK a lot of love and we will see every ones opinion shift and change. Just basing this on how they usually go about with changes. If/when we get a buff, at least one of our feats and skills will be wonky ridiculous. Just look at any other class that was buffed in the past, there is always something that is just stupidly powerful.

Imagine they implement my VP suggestion... I would be the happiest rogue alive.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Another video VS Two control wizards at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxlu0qTR8Q&feature=youtu.be

They just stood there... neither of them used Steal time or Icy Terrain. What will you have done if they did though? I could imagine a rotation: ST > Plague Fire; Ray of Frost from both of them and with no CC break... They could kill you with one round of Assailing Force. Nice build tho. Glad to see some Whisperknife action at least.