test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archived] NW_Legit_Community Channel Info & Discussion

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Be sure to make Bioshrike aware of who it was , the last thing we need is for morons like the ones you described to start polluting the channel.

Just remember to take screenshots if you can.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jonkoca, I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. It is very important that you get a screenshot of what's going on, (specifically w/ their @handle). I don't want things to boil down to one person's word against another's, so evidence is key.

I hope you have better experiences going forward.

*Note - please do NOT post said screenshots into the forum - you can PM me the image link if you like.

Thanks again!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Legit channel is highly overrated :/
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Didn't use to be.

I'll bear in mind the screenshot thing Bio. Didn't want to name names anyway.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    jonkoca, I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. It is very important that you get a screenshot of what's going on, (specifically w/ their @handle). I don't want things to boil down to one person's word against another's, so evidence is key.

I hope you have better experiences going forward.

*Note - please do NOT post said screenshots into the forum - you can PM me the image link if you like.

Thanks again!

Have to say I just did my first dungeon run since coming back to the game last night. E. Karru. I didn't say anything to the group but the outside portion before the dragon was the standard run to the campfire and die pug routine, that resulted in needing to do the run twice. It sure seems legit has changed in the months I was gone.

Next time I get a group like that I'll fraps it and send you a youtube link bio.
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Have to say I just did my first dungeon run since coming back to the game last night. E. Karru. I didn't say anything to the group but the outside portion before the dragon was the standard run to the campfire and die pug routine, that resulted in needing to do the run twice. It sure seems legit has changed in the months I was gone.

Next time I get a group like that I'll fraps it and send you a youtube link bio.

Well, keep in mind that the channel is open to all, and as it's grown, people who just want to get a team, (but not necessarily play w/o exploits), have joined the channel just to get in a dungeon. It's an unfortunate side effect of our growth. If you see this happening, ask in-channel if there are any mods on, and we'll do the best we can to address things.

Thanks again!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • kenurdkenurd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There was never an ironclad rule in legit that all dungeon runs are required to be greed only. back in the early days of the channel maybe only half my runs were greed and even now there are those who form a group with non-greed runs. I find it regrettable that there has been some effort by a vocal minority to impose some kind of channel rules/sop, many of which smack of elitism, outside of those laid down by Bioshrike. Its one thing for someone to ignore the loot rules agreed upon by the party and another to force some standard set of rules for everyone.
  • fanofdenverfanofdenver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love this channel, despite any issues it may have. I have apparently been lucky too, never experienced anything approaching the terrible groups you guys have described from here. Miles better than lfg channel.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    See I love the channel... I only use it when I want to run a dungeon though. I don't use it to socialize, just to run dungeons with like minded players, or help out stuck people when someone left at the boss. So I almost never see drama.

If I want to socialize, I do it over raidcall with my guildies.... I hate all that typing.
    edited July 2014
    I am happy to report that we have broken the 3000-member mark! Way to go, Legits!
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kenurd wrote: »
    There was never an ironclad rule in legit that all dungeon runs are required to be greed only. back in the early days of the channel maybe only half my runs were greed and even now there are those who form a group with non-greed runs. I find it regrettable that there has been some effort by a vocal minority to impose some kind of channel rules/sop, many of which smack of elitism, outside of those laid down by Bioshrike. Its one thing for someone to ignore the loot rules agreed upon by the party and another to force some standard set of rules for everyone.
    +1
    I don't remember reading or hearing anywhere that legit groups are for greed runs only. I personally don't mind running with a group that wants to do greed (did 2 last night, infact), on most days. However, if I've run X dungeon 17 times, and never won a roll for the one set-piece of gear that I'm missing, then I'm going to only join groups that don't mind if I need on that particular item. If such groups don't exist within the bounds of the NW legit channel, then I'll start looking elsewhere. A "greed-only" rule would severely limit the focus of the legit channel.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    +1
    I don't remember reading or hearing anywhere that legit groups are for greed runs only. I personally don't mind running with a group that wants to do greed (did 2 last night, infact), on most days. However, if I've run X dungeon 17 times, and never won a roll for the one set-piece of gear that I'm missing, then I'm going to only join groups that don't mind if I need on that particular item. If such groups don't exist within the bounds of the NW legit channel, then I'll start looking elsewhere. A "greed-only" rule would severely limit the focus of the legit channel.

I would think the main thing would be to talk about that before you roll need. Rolling need without saying anything first about how you're looking for X makes it look like you are ninja'ing even if you aren't.
    edited July 2014
    I would think the main thing would be to talk about that before you roll need. Rolling need without saying anything first about how you're looking for X makes it look like you are ninja'ing even if you aren't.

Communication is key. There is no default rule when it comes to how a team formed from Legit should roll for loot. I encourage everyone, upon joining a team, to ask or suggest what loot mode should be agreed upon, and to adhere to that for the duration of the dungeon run.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014

My original statement: "then I'm going to only join groups that don't mind if I need on that particular item." would imply that I asked about said item at the beginning of the dungeon. I wouldn't know for sure that they didn't mind unless I asked first.

The original point is as bioshrike said - an agreed upon loot rule at the beginning of every dungeon run. Communication is key - that also means don't spread misinformation about hard loot rules for all legit channel users.

Anyways, I'll definately save some screenshots if I see people breaking rules they had previously agreed to. If legit channel doesn't work anymore, and pugs ruin your experience, then what's the point of playing this game anymore, right?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've been in the channel now since October. I must say its a great channel due to the number of good people on it.

That being said, I think the channel is starting to have growing pains. Right now I see the biggest issue is that there are a lot of people who chat in channel and a lot that only want to find a group. (and both are fine in a "community".) However, the chatters tend to make it difficult for the people looking for a group to read the messages, or have their messages be seen if they are posting. (Other than the exploiters, another problem with /lfg is that posts scroll off the screen before they can even be read.)

This problem was amplified recently with the mod3 changes introducing dungeon keys. Previously, a lot of people looked for groups the half hour before and hour during dungeon delves. Many people chatted during off hours. Everyone stayed happy because they did not conflict with each others timing. With keys, you can now gear up in dungeons at any time and people are searching for groups at anytime. (and chatters can talk anytime now because they aren't limited to when they can delve.)

This problem will only increase going forward. Some people have already grown tired of the chatting and have turned the channel off. The more this happens, the less value there is in the channel.

In order to solve this, I propose we create an additional channel... maybe "NW_Legit_LFG" or a shorter "NWL_LFG". Basically, we let people chat in the community and let them look for groups in the other. We keep the same rules in both channels... be civil... don't spam.. etc. This way we can keep everyone happy... people can still find groups, and if they don't want to see the chatter, they can turn it off, or make it a different color so that the people looking for a group stands out.

The biggest problem with this idea is acceptance. For that reason, I think @bioshrike should create and own it, after all, he created the original channel. If others create channels of their own (and I have already heard of at least one of these) they have the chance to divide the community, and there is strength in staying together.

If this idea is considered, I do think that only LFG posts should go in the new channel. All this "Hi All", "Good Morning/Night", "[loot links]" should stay in the existing channel only (not to mention other chatter.) For the people that like to advertise the NW_Legit_Community" channel, they probably should continue to use the community channel, let new people join the community before LFG. When people post a LFG message in the community we politely suggest that use the new channel.

If someone has a better idea, I would like to hear it, but I think this could work. Unfortunately, I do think the chatters vs lfg'ers problem will grow if nothing is done and that is bad for all of us.

*EDIT*
    Now of course I realize the futility in just looking at the most recent posts... I thought the only recent topic was NEED runs vs GREED runs... It appears as a few earlier posts have been talking about this same issue already.

*2nd EDIT*
    I have not seen a lot of the exploiters in channel. but I have seen a bunch of people that start making the channel look like LFG... requesting gs... pm me only... spaming posts.. Usually they are requested to stop, and some do, the ones that don't go straight to ignore list. I have had a few *occasional* PK runs or SP runs, where they want to run and die at the last campfire. These few instances have also resulted in increasing my ignore list and I think that is why I am spared. It is the minority, but ignore makes the channel a better place.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are a real lot of new players that join the channel with the only purpose of getting group fast but still keeping their /lfg behavior (gs requests, attitude, exploits and such). Some of these players usually find their way to a lot of people's ignore list and then you don't see them anymore, some others learn to behave and not only find groups fast but people are willing to help them when they can. About the excessive chatting, well its bound to happen since it's a community of players, but I also see that some people minimize their chatting when they see people looking for groups in the channel, others simply keep going. Making other channels won't fix the issues, they will simply move to that other channel and it will be the same all over again. The best I can say is to simply put on ignore the people that keep exploiting, doing campfire runs, and being with the /lfg attitude. Unless we get a few mods in there, there is not much else to do. I understand that monitoring a channel like that can be annoying, but with the growing population of the channel (specially once mod 4 hits) it might be necessary, just don't over do it, simply watch for people with THAT kind of attitude and try to at least find out what is going on before hitting the ban button.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stretch611 wrote: »
    I've been in the channel now since October. I must say its a great channel due to the number of good people on it.

That being said, I think the channel is starting to have growing pains. Right now I see the biggest issue is that there are a lot of people who chat in channel and a lot that only want to find a group. (and both are fine in a "community".) However, the chatters tend to make it difficult for the people looking for a group to read the messages, or have their messages be seen if they are posting. (Other than the exploiters, another problem with /lfg is that posts scroll off the screen before they can even be read.)

This problem was amplified recently with the mod3 changes introducing dungeon keys. Previously, a lot of people looked for groups the half hour before and hour during dungeon delves. Many people chatted during off hours. Everyone stayed happy because they did not conflict with each others timing. With keys, you can now gear up in dungeons at any time and people are searching for groups at anytime. (and chatters can talk anytime now because they aren't limited to when they can delve.)

This problem will only increase going forward. Some people have already grown tired of the chatting and have turned the channel off. The more this happens, the less value there is in the channel.

In order to solve this, I propose we create an additional channel... maybe "NW_Legit_LFG" or a shorter "NWL_LFG". Basically, we let people chat in the community and let them look for groups in the other. We keep the same rules in both channels... be civil... don't spam.. etc. This way we can keep everyone happy... people can still find groups, and if they don't want to see the chatter, they can turn it off, or make it a different color so that the people looking for a group stands out.

The biggest problem with this idea is acceptance. For that reason, I think @bioshrike should create and own it, after all, he created the original channel. If others create channels of their own (and I have already heard of at least one of these) they have the chance to divide the community, and there is strength in staying together.

If this idea is considered, I do think that only LFG posts should go in the new channel. All this "Hi All", "Good Morning/Night", "[loot links]" should stay in the existing channel only (not to mention other chatter.) For the people that like to advertise the NW_Legit_Community" channel, they probably should continue to use the community channel, let new people join the community before LFG. When people post a LFG message in the community we politely suggest that use the new channel.

A few of my friends in-game have started this new channel which addresses this issue. Not sure if a sub-channel can be created in-game or a filter for text added into channels. But feel free to check out the channel called PartyMonster. The forum post is linked below. Again, not trying to drag people away from the Original Legit chat. You can be part of multiple communities/channels :)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?713271-PartyMonster-Channel-for-pure-legit-LFG&highlight=PartyMonster
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Unless we get a few mods in there, there is not much else to do. I understand that monitoring a channel like that can be annoying, but with the growing population of the channel (specially once mod 4 hits) it might be necessary, just don't over do it, simply watch for people with THAT kind of attitude and try to at least find out what is going on before hitting the ban button.
    There are three remaining 'OPs' in the channel but their mandate is rather limited. I know at least a few people have gotten muted for whatever reason and I've seen two of the OPs post in the last week. However the uproar created when rules and moderation were first announced led to them being given a limited role. More often, I just seem them trying to calm discussions down rather than anything more drastic.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited August 2014
    I am happy to announce that we are over 3100 members, now.

On a less happy note, I am finding that I am having to break up discussions about "Pay to Win" - Please leave such discussions for elsewhere. I will be issuing warnings to people, and if they ignore them, I will take harsher steps.

Thanks to all who make the channel great!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    On a less happy note, I am finding that I am having to break up discussions about "Pay to Win" - Please leave such discussions for elsewhere. I will be issuing warnings to people, and if they ignore them, I will take harsher steps.

Sounds great to me.

No Pay to Win arguments are not something I like to enforce...
    But they foster a lot of toxicity and flame and just make everybody miserable.

Especially in Legit we should be focused on enjoying the game rather than complaining about the state it is in. :D
    edited August 2014
    I am happy to announce that we are over 3100 members, now.

Thanks to all who make the channel great!

Nice, more people on the channel, 4 days ago I did ToS with everyone having less than 10k gs or really close to that 1gf, 1 dc, 1tr (me), 1 gwf and 1 cw there, never seen a cw controlling mobs the way he was controlling them, usually is going for the massive damage and getting in the middle of the fight, he did top damage, but he had only 2 deaths. All bosses down. It took a really long time and yes some of us died, but we never wiped. It's what happened when people let the tank grab mobs before attacking and don't try to tank mobs by themselves, AND stick to the plan and do what they have to do. In regular /lfg or zone group, not even the first boss would have being dead.

As for the Pay to Win, it was about time, LOTS of new people were/are behaving like if they are in zone chat. But also on a good note, most of those new people are also agreeing to behave in a different manner since we are not zone chat and they are actually doing it, thanks to those that recently join the channel and are leaving that kind of behavior outside.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One thing I've been noticing a lot lately is just too much negativity. If you want to complain do it on the forums or in zone chat, not in legit please. I want my in game time to remain a positive aspect of my life. I enjoy playing and enjoy doing things with others in game. I don't need that ruined by someone complaining about something he doesn't like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All,

I just wanted to reach out to the community; With Module 4 on the horizon, I thought I'd put it out there that I think it's time we got some more operators on the channel. To-date, there's been a committed group of tight-knit and caring folks who have helped keep order on the channel, and I am deeply grateful for their contributions, but I think we need more coverage.

If you think you are the kind of caring and patient person who is willing to step in and help maintain a fun, friendly atmosphere that fosters legitimate and cooperative play, then please send me a private message of about 100 words, explaining why you feel you'd make a good candidate for the job. Please be sure to include your time zone and typical hours of play. While I don't judge a person's capabilities on number of hours per week they play, I would prefer people who are on several times a week, vs only playing once a week, for instance. I'd also like to know you have at least one character that can get to each zone, (including IWD, Dread Ring & Feywild).

Once more, I thank everyone who contributes to NW_Legit_Community in a positive way! Congrats, Legits!

I would like to hold some "Legit Community Events" in the future, so if anyone has any ideas, please share them in this thread.

One last note - this position can potentially impact many players, so I ask that you take your application seriously, and be aware that any abuse of power, should you be accepted, will not be tolerated.

Just wanted to say that while i know that you are/were against moderation, I think this compromise of adding a moderator or moderators will help the channel at it current state. Especially at the EU time zone.

And a side note, would like to commend @current for his patience and Sisyphean task moderating so far. (I get to see him briefly when our play time zones overlap , or weekends)
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

I'm a fairly new player, and wanted to know...before I got into the chat... is this community willing to help someone understand the mechanics of the dungeons?

I would like to run some of these.. and I find that queuing for them is really long... and sometimes it seems that its hard to get "tactics" down.

Thanks!
  • xsloanexsloane Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a fairly new player, and wanted to know...before I got into the chat... is this community willing to help someone understand the mechanics of the dungeons?

I would like to run some of these.. and I find that queuing for them is really long... and sometimes it seems that its hard to get "tactics" down.

Thanks!

I've just come back to the game, I left just after mod 2, found this channel, they have been great, helpful and very accommodating.
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

Thanks!
    Make sure people understand that you don't know. Also don't use the queue at all. It's completely broken for general use.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

Thanks!

I'm always willing to teach others what they need to know to succeed in a dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

Thanks!

Welcome to Neverwinter! As for the channel, I can only reiterate what others have said - give it a try, and just make sure to specify that you need to be shown the ropes, so as to avoid any confusion once you're all in the dungeon.

Good luck and hope to see you around!

PS: I'm still taking applications for channel moderators if anyone's interested.
    edited August 2014
    The channel is great, I have being there for a very very long time, but unfortunately the more people in there, then the more chances of getting "unwanted elements", meaning people that just don't want to adjust to the attitude of the channel. Also with the DD chests issue you will see more chat about stuff than people looking for groups, but should change once mod4 come out. I also have to ask, where are the mods, the channel is not zone chat but recently it's starting to turn into it little by little, if any of them are still around, would be nice if you guys go there when you can, it seems some people just don't give a **** and just will bring that zone chat behavior into the channel, sexual stuff, dev bashing, even some offensive trolling (there have being always "trolling" in the channel but it's CLEARLY not offensive, both sides clearly can see that it's not meant to offend), calling players out and all that stuff are getting a bit too....regular in the channel. Regular players can't do much other than tell them to stop that, which they won't, at least some of them, the other thing we can do is put them on ignore. But then those players won't learn to behave. Also the rules to the channel should be in a place where everyone can find them easily, some people claim to never seen them, and some things should be added. Anyways, this is just my point of view.
    edited August 2014
    pitirre34pr, I hear your and other people's concerns. I am currently taking applications for more moderators to get better and more apparent coverage. As for the channel rules, they are earlier in this thread.

Here's a tinyurl for the rules post, (it's also in the channel MotD, but it's un-obvious, unfortunately): http://tinyurl.com/k3zw5df

I've also added the link to my signature - hopefully they'll get more exposure that way.

Thanks for your feedback!
This discussion has been closed.