test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP is worse then ever

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I can dodge infinitely as CW if I get hit by melee character especially if they have plaguefire.

HRs must be jealous. They only get 16 I hear.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • ajeed04ajeed04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I can dodge infinitely as CW if I get hit by melee character especially if they have plaguefire.

The fact that severe reaction procs off of ANY damage like that really makes my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pucker.
    running around and never capping lool
    which top tr did u kill 1v1
    i know that build.......u just leave
    when real tr comes on cap
    so before calling out any tr u should proly beat one 1v1 with
    full hp ,not coming to only daily him
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    ajeed04 wrote: »
    The fact that severe reaction procs off of ANY damage like that really makes my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pucker.

Pretty sure it always did. It just didn't give 10% stam before. I get a few procs against melee classes in my face but nothing like infinite dodges.
  • dahelljumperespdahelljumperesp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also I think the ranged heroes have a lot more of advantage against close combat heroes. As a GF only in lvl 20 for the moment, my only gap closer is Lunging Strike. Once I use that power the enemies (that almost always are SW, CW or HR) just shift away from me as I try to stun them or do something so in the teamfights the only thing I do is hold up my shield and stun whoever is stupid enough (or brave) to come closer. GFs on low lvl have 0 mobility, so they cannot chase anyone and also they cannot flee. Even though I'm tanky (yesterday I hold up a point against 4 of the other team and survived to see my partners come to the rescue) I think the lack of mobility in this low lvl makes it harder to advance the PvP Campaign with GFs (only Domination) which takes me to another point.

Guardian Fighters are tanky, so they do not deal a lot of damage. Then how am I supposed to do Double Kills and Triple Kills? The Campaign missions are made for damage dealers, but it is extremely difficult to tanky ones.
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    just watching from youtube and i see this and its 4 days ago. watch and decide
    its not me, but did you guys see how fast he can kill? hr is just toy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhG45JRk5FM
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Somebody lock this thread . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure it always did. It just didn't give 10% stam before. I get a few procs against melee classes in my face but nothing like infinite dodges.

Yea it always did and it always gave stam, just saying I've always hated it xD And wizards get pretttttty much infinite dodges against me since I use plaguefire
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure why you guys are so anxious to play mod3 CW against GWFs you can't CC and GFs with tons of HP and damage.

I'm guessing the main reason is because other CWs not in BIS gear can kill you just about as easy as you can kill them.

As far as skill being gone, if you weren't playing shard on tab there's no difference between the amount of skill used now and then. It's just now you kill things, before you got killed.

And what I remember most from testing is not BIS CWs complaining about storm spell and assailing force, it's CWs complaining about HRs.

You guys want to paint some picture like "I tried so hard not to be OP but they made me do it!" It's pretty funny.

Right now HRs could be a decent counter to CWs if you guys didn't work en-masse to get wild's medicine nerfed.

Just because I said I miss Icy Rays damage doesn't mean I didn't run Shard on Tab. I just respecced and left Icy rays for when I was solo queing.

The problem that I, Mel, Ezra, Smigi, Persephone and numerous others have is that Assailing and SS = Skill less. I don't want to sit there and hold down RoF to profit thats boring. It's not interesting and yes, It is frustrating having scrub low geared Cws able to kill me with a spec built exactly the same that requires no skill. If they earn the kill by out playing me, thats fine they deserve it. Not the way the class currently functions.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just because I said I miss Icy Rays damage doesn't mean I didn't run Shard on Tab. I just respecced and left Icy rays for when I was solo queing.

The problem that I, Mel, Ezra, Smigi, Persephone and numerous others have is that Assailing and SS = Skill less. I don't want to sit there and hold down RoF to profit thats boring. It's not interesting and yes, It is frustrating having scrub low geared Cws able to kill me with a spec built exactly the same that requires no skill. If they earn the kill by out playing me, thats fine they deserve it. Not the way the class currently functions.

This +1. Out of all of those names Persephone is the only I know. Have PvPed against her(him?) quite a bit in the past. Actually had a great 4v5 match against them with Svetlana on my team (we were the 4 man team, gotta love when solo queueing so much you get matched up against these kinds of scary *** monster people) because team member number 5 just quit when we started losing early. Anyway that doesn't matter. (Don't even get me started on how the high gear score "BEST and ELITE" pvpers are always the first to give up)

I don't want to have it as easy as it is now. Something that is that skill-less should not be so rewarding. No Risk = Greatest reward will never make sense or be balanced. Why the tree based on control gets such a powerfully damaging feat is beyond me. Horrible concepts put in to the game really. More over, I don't want other players to be able to kill anyone else that easily, it ruins the whole game experience for everyone. Sure people can still out play an OP build/imba class, but just like being a CW against a GWF in the past, the sheer amount of out playing you have to do is completely unfair. If you get caught once, make just one mis-step, or get caught of guard for a second - it's all over.

While it is true that some people openly choose to spec in to what is Overpowered, the same can be said of people who chose to not be OP. I was an Oppressor build forever, ever sense beta, never went Thaum or Renegade. I loved oppressor tree, the passives it gave you were already great for pvp. Now, seeing how ridiculous they made it, I finally changed and went to Renegade because yes, I do choose to avoid being OP and/or easy mode. It also allows you to find other builds an play styles that will never get hit by the nerf hammer because most people don't know what it is capable of and they will just assume you are using the same OP build everyone else is currently using when you beat them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    pantamime wrote: »
    This +1. Out of all of those names Persephone is the only I know.

Well that just ruined my E-peen. :(

Desidus.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    for blind player watch this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkXsaC05KM
    edited August 2014
    Well that just ruined my E-peen. :(

Desidus.

OH I remember that name, Desidus - had some epic matches with you too in the past. I just never know who is who on the forums lol. It's ok no one knows my characters names, nor would they probably remember them LOL my CW is Opalivia Aetherdust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm killing people like crazy on my CW, but killing people fast isn't nearly as effective as being able to contest a node and stay on it for a really long time.

I kind of feel there's a paradox here.... If you have someone that can kill anyone in 3 seconds then no one can stay on a node for a really long time. Maybe last mod this statement would be correct but not this one. If you put a last mod HR with a this mod CW then the CW would clear the old HR each and every time, it's a paradox because then you can't really consider the HR contesting the node for a really long time if someone can clear him in 3 seconds... So basically killing faster (Not old GWF fast but New CW fast) is way more effective then being able to contest a node for a really long time.. If my OP CW caps node 1,2, and 3 and then some old OP HR comes and sits on one to try to cap, I get there and he's now contesting the node, I can clear him in 3 seconds and start getting my points back while all he was doing was stopping the points for 3 seconds.. If you take a last Mod TR and then you take someone like Sicarus on his OP CW this mod Sicarus would be able to clear him in 3 seconds (because he has a TR so knows their perma stealth paterns) I can rant for days but basically there can't be someone who can contest a node for a really long time if there's someone who can clear the node in a really quick time in the same match.
    edited August 2014

I was referring more to the earlier poster that described the viable builds with thaum and renegade not using shard on tab.

Personally, what I like best in PVP is being effective. Not necessarily OP, but effective and feeling like I'm at least able to make a meaningful contribution to the match. I also enjoy playing CW. CW could sometimes be effective in mod3 with shard on tab but the times were few and far between.

Maybe a few found more success with it, but I'm sure most of the time it was simply from vastly out-gearing the opponent or having a more solid team to hide behind. Nothing in that equation equates to "having more skill" or "out-playing" anyone.

There really is a skill-cap on this game and all MMOs. There's only so much you can do differently that can make a difference. If you want a true skill-based PVP game, Chivalry is amazing for that.

It might be fun if they had simply given CWs the new orb of imposition. I always thought the main problem with CWs was control, and they should've made the note that "CWs naturally ignore a part of tenacity" when tenacity was introduced actually meaningful. Orb does that.

But it's too late now. There's just no way in hell they'll revert all the changes and what's more likely to happen is CWs will get nerfed and have nothing to fall back on.

I will say this though, playing CW now is much more fun than playing HR in mod3. I'm killing people much faster and there's also a real risk of dying.
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    [irony] Seems legit and balanced [/irorny]

You see, this difference is that they're TRYING to kill the CW. They're not just spamming ROF :o
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You see, this difference is that they're TRYING to kill the CW. They're not just spamming ROF :o

They also miss their prones, when all they had to do is Disruptive>Boar.

Chain prone/Disruptives on that CW would leave him dead in 2 secs at most. I have an HR and the damage I can is insane, although because CWs do even more few people are now preoccupied with it.
    edited August 2014
    What about a Temptation Warlock that is actually good at timing their Shadow Slip ability? Do you guys think they would be good contesters vs a CW? If they are good enough to be Shadow Slipping when CC fires off they will never get CC'ed. Just using shadow slip in short quick bursts, treating it like it's a dodge, just tap it when you need to be immune. All the damage will replenish their stamina endlessly. All that life steal and with a tanky build it could in theory be a pretty good anti CW contester. Especially since they can pressure the CW from the same range the CW can pressure them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    What about a Temptation Warlock that is actually good at timing their Shadow Slip ability? Do you guys think they would be good contesters vs a CW? If they are good enough to be Shadow Slipping when CC fires off they will never get CC'ed. Just using shadow slip in short quick bursts, treating it like it's a dodge, just tap it when you need to be immune. All the damage will replenish their stamina endlessly. All that life steal and with a tanky build it could in theory be a pretty good anti CW contester. Especially since they can pressure the CW from the same range the CW can pressure them.

They have the same problem that HRs and other CWs have against CW- no CC-break and icy rays ignores cc-immunity.

I think. At least that's how it works for dodges. SW might be different since it acts like a mini-unstoppable.
    edited August 2014
    They have the same problem that HRs and other CWs have against CW- no CC-break and icy root ignores cc-immunity.

**** Icy Rays to hell, I love it and hate it lol. I guess then they would have to keep their prone on their bar and be quick to react when rooted. It would come down to that exchange then in my book. Obviously it favors the CW still, but I am now going to try and make a node holding SW because ti sounds fun in my head lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    **** Icy Rays to hell, I love it and hate it lol. I guess then they would have to keep their prone on their bar and be quick to react when rooted. It would come down to that exchange then in my book. Obviously it favors the CW still, but I am now going to try and make a node holding SW because ti sounds fun in my head lol.

I don't even really know why it does that. It's just like accepted that Icy Rays goes through dodges. Seems kind of like there should've been a bug report about it like a year ago.
    edited August 2014
    I don't even really know why it does that. It's just like accepted that Icy Rays goes through dodges. Seems kind of like there should've been a bug report about it like a year ago.

I always thought ice rays was working as intended since it's been landing through dodges since beta. It does NOT go through other CC immunity though.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It works through dodges because it's a two-part ability - mark then cast. If you don't dodge the mark then you can't dodge the cast as the spell has a 'lock-on'. Nobody ever dodges the mark because they don't notice it coming, they just try and dodge the rays and by then it's too late.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have a read of Voltomey's guides on the SW forum. I think Damnation might make a better node-holder than Temptation.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder