test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP is worse then ever

revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
If ppl thought HRs and GWFs where OP last mod, they havnt ran into the new even more donky OP CWs. Been doing a few pvps today and its not pvp anymore. Players die in 2-5 sec no mather what gear they have if 2 CWs target them. And plenty of good CWs dont enjoy playing it either cus they want BALANCE and fun, CWs used to be a superhard class to play and if u screwd up u got punished for it. Now they can just press the mouse, permafreeze anything and let the passivs do the damage, wait 5 sec and move to next target.

This is no fun for anyone, not a single class stands any chance to counter the CW, some might find this amusing tho. To finnaly be OP and kill everything in its way, but honestly i think the most ppl want balance and a fun game. This is a sad day for NW. I hope this getting a fix ASAP, meanwhile ill just lvl my SW :)
Post edited by revovlerjesus1 on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was discussed in preview with youtube videos and ACT logs, but, as expected, no one cared.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It was discussed in preview with youtube videos and ACT logs, but, as expected, no one cared.

Pretty much. Listening to player feedback? NO WAY.

So many people saw this coming.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So after playing pvp all day I find it so annoying. I am just a pvp player and loved it in mod 3 but now.....

Im glad that classes are more balanced now apart from cw dmg of course but now pvp seems more like a game of chase than actually fighting... Hr can debuff all stuns so they are constantly running away and nothing you can do about it and gwf sprint is cc immune so they can do the same, anytime i fight one of them i am chasing them for 70% of the fight then they run and regen, I don't think they are OP at all but just have annoying mechanics lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    HR and GWF not OP in M3? Go fck yourself ok?

I don't care about them being OP in mod 3 im not mentioning them classes being OP I'm just saying they both have an annoying mechanic.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    less fun just because you have more competition? And I thought it was about competition and not about mindless killing everything that's not a GWF or HR. Both kill a lot faster than 3 seconds. Those 2 made PvP a game about control. And now the king of control hands you your poopdeck on a silver platter. Seems legit.
    So I really don't see your reason for complaining unless you're a TR or DC, in which case you'll have to wait for mod5 to catch up.
    -shrugs-

On these forums seems no one can read at all. please dont reply again if you dont read what i posted. Mod 3 was harder for pvp, as you can clearly see by my pic i am GF so i am happy with changes.

If i got buffs and gwf got nerfes why would i complain about more competition ? I'm not complaining just saying 1 class(the cw) has a little bit too much dmg and was talking about the hr continuous debuffs and gwf continuous sprint, they AREN'T OP just annoying xD
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    On these forums seems no one can read at all. please dont reply again if you dont read what i posted. Mod 3 was harder for pvp, as you can clearly see by my pic i am GF so i am happy with changes.

If i got buffs and gwf got nerfes why would i complain about more competition ? I'm not complaining just saying 1 class(the cw) has a little bit too much dmg and was talking about the hr continuous debuffs and gwf continuous sprint, they AREN'T OP just annoying xD
    I just did IWD pvp on my pve cw, only 25k hp, 14988gs, shadowweaver set, no tenacity, and got double teamed and still killed one before they killed me. CW's need a little bit of a nerf.
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I just did IWD pvp on my pve cw, only 25k hp, 14988gs, shadowweaver set, no tenacity, and got double teamed and still killed one before they killed me. CW's need a little bit of a nerf.

Yeah not a big one though, I don't play cw but I'm happy you guys are good for pvp now, just assailing force is a little too much I think.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Yeah not a big one though, I don't play cw but I'm happy you guys are good for pvp now, just assailing force is a little too much I think.

Yeah not a big one. A pvp built and geared CW could maybe do what I did if they were good and the opponents were middling, but for me to do it with a total pve build is bad.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Somehow, post after post, that detailed that PVP wasnt broken, they just need to BUFF the GF some, rework DC feats , do something with the TR and leave everything else alone (or maybe give CW slight more control back) went ignored.. and MOSTLY it was the player base fault for over-reporting OP powers and calling for needless nerfs and POSTING over and over other classes , with false feedback and combat logs.

But frankly, ITS one day, less then 24 hours, you KNOW that some things will be figured out after a few weeks.

I find it very frustrating as someone who plays multiple classes, to have people WHO never even played the other class , get on the forums and whine and complain about that class.. You really want to put some constrictive criticism into place, roll that class, and then come back on and say what you think the real issue (and NOT just auto level one in preview, stack with ALL r10s, perfects, purple companions and go make up false and inaccurate logs, based on GEAR you and 95% of the entire player-base DOES not have.. )
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2014
    I'm a pvp cw and i would trade the no skill mod 4 cw for mod 3 cw everyday.

But then again, the devs wanted this, we gave them feedbacks to achieve a balanced class toning down the pve aspect of it for over a month, no answer.

That's the final result, hope everybody is enjoying it, i'm not.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2014
    Cool story bro! Do you have anymore? CW in mdule 3 vs GWF or HR - uselles.

And that's exactly what i was talking about, now you can play this class too!

Get better, having it easy in this mod doesen't make you a good cw.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    /agreed. This is just stuuupid. It may be one thing to run into one or two, but ALL day I have been getting HAMMERED in less than 5 seconds by CW. I have 43k HP, 1000 tenacity. I can't even get anywhere close to them as a GF, and if I do I'm down to 15% health and their team mates zerg me.

They were perfectly FINE in Mod3. I have been PVPing over a year, and never have I seen such an imbalance. This is worse than those stupid Regen GWF's that were owning last summer.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you see this guy coming, you should run.

zengiah.png
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    Yay! I killed something and didn't come bottom of the table!

Yes, we might need a little tweak....

Couldn't wait a week or two till I've made some headway on the PvP campaign though could it?
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Storm Spell is broken on live which it should not be this is due to somewhere in the live build the preview fix that was done last night somehow was missed. And this is the result of one single class feature breaking pvp lol
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    curiosity; mof is problematic too?
  • skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    just look at the cw's kills to death ratio on the leaderboards, its ridiculous
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol, nice to see those once not so fortunate, and now so much so, be so magnanimous in victory.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    The Roars have been reduced to meows...lol

In a match earlier an 18k+ GWF said he usually gets 25 kills and up per match. This match, he died 8 times and had 0 kills lol. He flat out left.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sharing is caring, guys.

Its CW's turn to be one-button EZ mode OP in the battlefield and get flamed and told they have no skill on the forums.

Maybe next mod, it will be your class' turn.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PvP is for working together as a team, not being overpowered on your own as a class.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Sharing is caring, guys.

Its CW's turn to be one-button EZ mode OP in the battlefield and get flamed and told they have no skill on the forums.

Maybe next mod, it will be your class' turn.

is that even possible for a cleric? o.o
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Actually PVP is pretty good. As long as you roll a CW :P
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Eh, GF is pretty **** strong too. When/if they nerf CWs, you're next so be careful what you wish for.

I do agree though that GWF CC-immunity is pretty crazy, however they don't have the presence they used to have. And HRs are really almost a non-factor in games I've played.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ah....Played 8 matches today.I am GF 16,5 GS PVP specced.I don't know if titls mattered but i am (was) dominion champion ,i have seen my share of pvp.

In all of my games the freeze from CWs is taking forever.Forever...4 secs at least.If there is one Cw.2? 8-10 secs.And at the same time you lose hit points.I have 46k hp.Doesn't matter.I am dead at 8-10 secs.Artifact/potions don't help.
    I went against low gs/pve specced cws.Normal mounts no enhancements.I can distinguish them from visuals and i can see the experience from game play(icy knife while i block)

There is no hope if the enemy team has 2 cws .Even 10-12 gs will do.They will anihilate players of 14-16 gs in seconds.

In he last match a cw that was still while i was moving against him (lol) and used icy knife while i was blocking ended in 13-2.My team8s were 2 14gs HR 1 13gs GWF 1 14 gs TR.All dead in seconds.

CW community outplayed and outsmarted the rest of the nw community.They never lost their controls cause of tenacity.They were ignoring 66% of it.They were powerfull as ever.Now they got supperbuffed.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why GF is strong?Most Gfs outthere we were playing pvp for along time we are decent geared and we have offensive stats even before mod4 that were suitted for pvp.It was your OP mr HR and your ridicoulous self healing that you did not notice.And we got marginal buffs.15 % in AoD and some in Flourish(which none uses anyway).Griffon only got stun increase and not damage buff.Mark as i always said is difficult to use in pvp especially in crowded node.extra one sec animation.And in that animation you can get stunned or freeezed.

These are the "super" buffs of GF.lol

While you and the rest of the HRs never replied to the cw propaganda that "we lost our control due to tenacity".They were ignoring 66% of tenacity .That is an actually 8% or less cotrol they had.Big deal.But hell no.You was occupied in visiting the preview forum and the Gf feedback thread imposing as a GF (lol) and attacking Gfs.Now you will get perma freezed for 3-4 months.Get used to it.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And those who beat and dominated weep now (rivers of tears)! So sad! Hitting and killing is easy and tasty even when not required skill just push all the buttons at once or buy everything you see ahead (f * whales) just to have some kind of advantage.

And the stupid cycle continues! Congratulations Cryptic the only way to fix this is to leave everyone with the same powers and abilities just rename and change the animations lol, but what matters is profits!

That's what they get, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PVP, PVE one half-assed, classes destroyed, destroyed economy, exploits about exploits, loose bans (7 days), and a game that increasingly is being done to (whales) - -> idiots who buy all they see by a mere impulse!

Keep buying and being deceived! For my part you will only see my "cents" is changing a lot! Great job ... AGAIN
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And those who beat and dominated weep now (rivers of tears)! So sad! Hitting and killing is easy and tasty even when not required skill just push all the buttons at once or buy everything you see ahead (f * whales) just to have some kind of advantage.

And the stupid cycle continues! Congratulations Cryptic the only way to fix this is to leave everyone with the same powers and abilities just rename and change the animations lol, but what matters is profits!

That's what they get, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PVP, PVE one half-assed, classes destroyed, destroyed economy, exploits about exploits, loose bans (7 days), and a game that increasingly is being done to (whales) - -> idiots who buy all they see by a mere impulse!

Keep buying and being deceived! For my part you will only see my "cents" is changing a lot! Great job ... AGAIN