What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP is worse then ever

Comments

• Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    CW is a very hard a frustrating class to play. You think CW is OP? Roll one! In the meantime, I'll keep destroying you on my TR and HR, waiting for you to come back to the forums qqing about being too squishy on CW.

my brother learned in 4 h to play in 10h he was doing cn easy with my cw
    and judging by your name u dont have a tr i never saw u in pvp
    u never done a single df in you life
    you proly dont even know what it is
    top cw pvp spec can be played by any 3 year old to bad u dont know how to play
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I made a HR just to test them and I finally got to icewind today so I thought I would test the mod 4 stuff with him and I'm 12.5k gs and I beat a 18k perfect vorpal gwf very easily.

After going around icewind I can say that hr is still amazing in 1v1, the only fight I lost was against a cw lol he killed me quite fast.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just finished PVP as CW, fully made for pve. Well it is confirmed-easy mode :D
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What Happen in PVP its much worse now you cant move you cant dodge and even when I'm immune they can still do damage and the dps is seriously worse all they have to do is make your life half and its over even if you run or use potion you are a dead meat. I think as a TR we are the most weakest right now they can even see you when you go stealth with the new skills.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Which new skills let you see a stealthed TR?
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Which new skills let you see a stealthed TR?

Yeah actually TRs are causing me the most trouble on my CW in addition to GFs. Not serious trouble it's just they are the only ones that can avoid my feats of doom.

I think the dominant classes are CW, GF and TR (for node contesting- HR/GWF can't do it anymore).

In any case it still helps your team as much as ever to have a perma on the other team's homepoint.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I made a HR just to test them and I finally got to icewind today so I thought I would test the mod 4 stuff with him and I'm 12.5k gs and I beat a 18k perfect vorpal gwf very easily.

After going around icewind I can say that hr is still amazing in 1v1, the only fight I lost was against a cw lol he killed me quite fast.
    GWF were nerfed into the ground.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    I was referring to Mod 3 GWF's. That combination was overpowered and was the leading cause for GWF's to need to be toned down. I was simply saying that it is the same with CW's atm.

There was no hope of escaping the GWF chain if you got hit by roar. There is no hope of escaping the chain if you get hit by Entangling Force or Chill Strike.
    Then I agree with you ;).
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »

HRs aren't OP at all
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was referring to Mod 3 GWF's. That combination was overpowered and was the leading cause for GWF's to need to be toned down. I was simply saying that it is the same with CW's atm.

There was no hope of escaping the GWF chain if you got hit by roar. There is no hope of escaping the chain if you get hit by Entangling Force or Chill Strike.
    Storm Spell will probably be adjusted. But using GWF roar as comparison isn't very accurate. CW majors in cc so its cc powers are supposed to be outstanding otherwise its cc would have no difference than other classes' cc.
  • Options
    xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My 2 cents: CW are definitely killing me more as an HR and they seem to be more dangerous as a TR and DC.

I don't care for mod4 PVP. My HR lost all it's control powers and gained an incredible amount of DPS. I neither needed nore wanted the DPS increase. As long as no one notices me I can just about take down the entire other team np. I get triple kills and double kills like mad. That said, once I'm spotted I'm dead, because I can no longer slow them down so I can escape.

I prefer longer battles with more technical and creative playing. I liked applying controlling effects (which is what Hunters notoriously do) to support the melee fighters. Used to be one on one was a long game of Cat & Mouse with me. Hindering Shot, Binding Arrow and Constricting Arrow would keep my enemy at distance while I pecked away with Rapid Shot. Maybe the TR would teleport and nail me with Lashing Blade, or maybe the GWF would charge me and smash me to the ground, but it was fun. Now I either kill them in three shots or I don't, in which case they run up on me and kill me with three. It's over way too quickly and there's not much creativity involved--just a matter of who does more DMG faster. And CWs--once they spot me, I'm just dead. I think they kill me with their eyes.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never once have I called GWFs, TRs or even HRs OP, and never called for anyones nerf. Nor will I say it for CWs, even though my CW can't do any of the things Thaums and Oppressors can now do.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Never once have I called GWFs, TRs or even HRs OP, and never called for anyones nerf. Nor will I say it for CWs, even though my CW can't do any of the things Thaums and Oppressors can now do.
    Then don't stay renegade. There is no good reason to stay with a broken build. MMO's change. Every mmo that has a major update has builds that break. You got the short straw. It'll probably be the short straw for months or years. There is nothing you can do about it. Either change or you are going to be chronically unhappy.
  • Options
    daisojindaisojin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i agree with the guy that started this thread and probably all who realized pvp now is no fun at all as fights last 3 seconds and game is worse than ever before. all you who talk about strategy and how having good teamwork is now essential are full of it. teamwork was always needed but at least you could accomplish something if you had a good built char and knew how to play. now you just get killed unless you got a maxed char with best gear.
    are we all just supposed to play premade now with guys who know what they're doing and have 19-20k gs? yea right.
    i played TR and GWF for a year and pvp was never this bad. there is no survivability at all and almost any cw kills me in seconds. if you're outnumbered anywhere your team is most likely the one to die.

what's even worse the gwf nerf is so bad they destroyed pve play as well. but not just for gwf but all classes have to struggle now much more to kill 61-62 level monsters. boons are all gs pumping and even if we get 2-3k gs more it is all purely cosmetic and no matter how much you stack up it has no large impact on actual combat. 15k or 19k really not much difference anymore unless you're maxed.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Yeah not a big one. A pvp built and geared CW could maybe do what I did if they were good and the opponents were middling, but for me to do it with a total pve build is bad.

If you did it with a pve set, and they didnt kill you, They sucked.

Wizzies are great right now 1v1, multi targetted by any class that can stun them, one screw up and youre still toast.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If you did it with a pve set, and they didnt kill you, They sucked.

Wizzies are great right now 1v1, multi targetted by any class that can stun them, one screw up and youre still toast.

They killed me but I killed one first. And it was a pve set, not even a good pve set either just a shadow weaver set.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But they were comfortable with it for so long when the shoe was on the other foot. Just about every wizard who's heard a tr or gwf say they have to adapt or get good while spraying defensive spittle is laughing.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meh. It's only the first week of the new mod, and we'll still need to see what the change in meta brings.

Most cases of failures I see in actual combat usually seem to spring up from people who try to use their classes in the exact same way as before without much research or experimentation... ie., the HRs thinking they can do that same "my HP bar will never drop" shi* while laying down thornward and dancing on it, the Sentinels and Destroyers thinking they can do the same "GWFulk Smash!" braindead charge-prone spam bit, etc etc.. its not surprising to see almost every HR or GWF in game whine about something while the match is going, and as a class that's experienced like what... 4? 5? 6 straight nerfs since a year ago, I can only laugh.

OTOH I've seen some GWFs or HRs develop a more careful approach that rely more on team synergy... meaning not trying to lone-wolf everything with the same smug confidence they used to have, but a bit more laid back, in usual cases more reluctant to just charge into a horde of enemies and think they can lay waste -- as they might have once done in pre-mod4 days.

Most GFs I see still seem to be struggling and trying to adapt to different tactics, overall my first impression is a bit more versatile and mobile than before, although a lot of them still seem to remain a bit 'passive', trying to use the "shield up" tactics way too much.

For TRs, I wouldn't exactly say that we don't have any problems in dealing with CWs, but I think it is pretty much evident that TRs are still the best direct counter to CWs. We may not be able to just bust them down as we once could have, but we're pretty much the only class that can still "infiltrate" the enemy formation in big fights, and lay enough destruction and disruption to CWs to stop them from performing normally -- and particularly in mod4 where the way CWs perform sort of become the deciding factor in which teams wins the engagement at hand, its actually looking like that it may become more important for TRs to stay with the team in big fights to disrupt the CWs, rather than move back to enemy nodes.

Obviously, its not much of a problem when your CWs are doing better than the enemy team, but if its a close call, or actually worse, in that case you, as a TR, need to bother those CWs a lot, or every engagement that happens without you, your team will simply be crushed. CWs are now public enemy #1.

In other news, the WK path is now officially dead in PvP. With the goddarn damage levels, as well as CCs becoming so powerful with those CWs, even a very short moment of visibility time is enough to snag you and simply perma-CC you to death. Which is a bit depressing for those trying alternate builds. As things go I'm not sure even HP/deflect heavy builds like rustlord's can survive against mod4 CWs.

Most of us are still waiting to see what changes SWs will bring, once they start hitting the PvP scene. Wonder if they'll ever be able to become a direct-counter to CWs..?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Meh. It's only the first week of the new mod, and we'll still need to see what the change in meta brings.

Most cases of failures I see in actual combat usually seem to spring up from people who try to use their classes in the exact same way as before without much research or experimentation... ie., the HRs thinking they can do that same "my HP bar will never drop" shi* while laying down thornward and dancing on it, the Sentinels and Destroyers thinking they can do the same "GWFulk Smash!" braindead charge-prone spam bit, etc etc.. its not surprising to see almost every HR or GWF in game whine about something while the match is going, and as a class that's experienced like what... 4? 5? 6 straight nerfs since a year ago, I can only laugh.

OTOH I've seen some GWFs or HRs develop a more careful approach that rely more on team synergy... meaning not trying to lone-wolf everything with the same smug confidence they used to have, but a bit more laid back, in usual cases more reluctant to just charge into a horde of enemies and think they can lay waste -- as they might have once done in pre-mod4 days.

Most GFs I see still seem to be struggling and trying to adapt to different tactics, overall my first impression is a bit more versatile and mobile than before, although a lot of them still seem to remain a bit 'passive', trying to use the "shield up" tactics way too much.

For TRs, I wouldn't exactly say that we don't have any problems in dealing with CWs, but I think it is pretty much evident that TRs are still the best direct counter to CWs. We may not be able to just bust them down as we once could have, but we're pretty much the only class that can still "infiltrate" the enemy formation in big fights, and lay enough destruction and disruption to CWs to stop them from performing normally -- and particularly in mod4 where the way CWs perform sort of become the deciding factor in which teams wins the engagement at hand, its actually looking like that it may become more important for TRs to stay with the team in big fights to disrupt the CWs, rather than move back to enemy nodes.

Obviously, its not much of a problem when your CWs are doing better than the enemy team, but if its a close call, or actually worse, in that case you, as a TR, need to bother those CWs a lot, or every engagement that happens without you, your team will simply be crushed. CWs are now public enemy #1.

In other news, the WK path is now officially dead in PvP. With the goddarn damage levels, as well as CCs becoming so powerful with those CWs, even a very short moment of visibility time is enough to snag you and simply perma-CC you to death. Which is a bit depressing for those trying alternate builds. As things go I'm not sure even HP/deflect heavy builds like rustlord's can survive against mod4 CWs.

Most of us are still waiting to see what changes SWs will bring, once they start hitting the PvP scene. Wonder if they'll ever be able to become a direct-counter to CWs..?

Yeah based on what I'm seeing, the biggest factor determining a win is if the team has a good perma or not. HRs can no longer easily kill them, leaving nobody really to easily kill them.

I'm going to try twilightwatchman's old strategy of bile+steal time spamming on my CW once I get some AD but so far TRs are a royal pain.

CWs kill a lot and fast but Domination is still a game of contesting. Killing someone only takes them out of the game for seconds, but being able to stay alive on a point wins games.
    Well I retired from PvP during the Roar-spam debacle. It was going to be a temporary retirement but TBH I'm not seeing much to attract me back in. And if the drop in the number of pages on the Leaderboard is anything to go by - down from around 3000 to 500 or so - many others are feeling the same. That's a lot of toons missing from Mod 3 to Mod 4.

Well, the mod has only been out for a few days. I think a lot of people are still leveling SWs. Even if people tried it and didn't like it they'd still show up on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    HRs aren't OP at all

Not saying they are OP....

I'm saying they are still the best or joint best class for 1v1 so they are basically stronger still than most classes. If my 12k hr can beat any other char other than wizard easily on 1v1 even players with 3-6k more gs then it kinda proves it, and I haven't even been hr that long, just got to icewind.

The thing is now, hr is amazing 1v1 but in domination its even since they can be killed 2v1 much easier than mod 3. Still don't like how i killed the classes so easy though, thats my point.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    PVP isn't as bad as when TRs were rampant back in the day.

But it is worse now than a month ago.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My $.02: CW crowd control is outrageous in the new mod in pvp. However, the supposed fixe to GWFs is equally bad. Sprint was always one of the most out of place, bad ideas in the game. A GWF should be weighed down by his armor. Instead, they just zoom all over the map like they're on roller skates while TRs, who were already saddled with the worst movement in the game and only two dodges when they're supposedly a class based on agility, have to put up with a nerf to sneak attack and lose some of their run speed under stealth. Also, the nerf to constricting shot is an equally bad idea. The new archery and combat trees for HRs are terrific, but the trapper tree is strictly for pvp and is almost cripplingly useless in pve. It will be a miracle if an HR can finish, say, Valindra's Tower with a trapper build. Things that still need to be addressed: 1) TR abilities should auto-target instead of making TRs waste the first two strikes of duelist's flurry to get to the auto-targeting flurry. If that makes DF overpowered and it needs to be replaced, so be it. 2) GWFs need to be nerfed more in pvp. The control resists+regeneration+constant zooming around at high speed+auto-targeting+ranged attacks in a supposedly melee class+not needing to actually come near hitting a target to do damage leaves the game completely unbalanced. If GWFs begin to actually require some skill or timing to play, it won't be a bad thing no matter how much they complain. And sprint should be done away with entirely. 3) HRs could really use that free respec token they were promised in mod 3 but never got... 4) Why is it so hard to understand that equally geared characters of differnt classes should be able to do equivalent damage to one another?
  • Options
    ajeed04ajeed04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah based on what I'm seeing, the biggest factor determining a win is if the team has a good perma or not. HRs can no longer easily kill them, leaving nobody really to easily kill them.

I'm going to try twilightwatchman's old strategy of bile+steal time spamming on my CW once I get some AD but so far TRs are a royal pain.

CWs kill a lot and fast but Domination is still a game of contesting. Killing someone only takes them out of the game for seconds, but being able to stay alive on a point wins games.

Well, the mod has only been out for a few days. I think a lot of people are still leveling SWs. Even if people tried it and didn't like it they'd still show up on the leaderboard.

TBH I'm having an infinitely harder time with CW's with vorp than bile this patch
    running around and never capping lool
    which top tr did u kill 1v1
    i know that build.......u just leave
    when real tr comes on cap
    so before calling out any tr u should proly beat one 1v1 with
    full hp ,not coming to only daily him
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CWs are almost in a good spot. But the fact that some of their passives are too powerful are what's making them a tad too hard to deal with.

People have to remember that CWs are inherently squishy unless you spec for a tanky HP build, + some defense if you wish to slot Shield on Mastery. CWs also do not have a control immunity and control break mechanic apart from Maelstrom of Chaos. CWs have been given what they have been missing the most in PVP; and this is control. The buffs to Orb of Imposition made this possible, and I believe Control should be the way to go for a CW in PVP. But when you pair it up with dangerous passives like Assailing Force and Storm Spell, things get a little tricky... too much, in fact. Some suggestions I have in order to fix this without truly breaking the awesome CW buffs are as follows.

1 Storm Spell: Remove its ability to crit, and make it so that it doesn't benefit from damage buffs and debuffs. It's particularly devastating when you get a P. Vorp Storm CW proc-ing Eye of the Storm (it has 100% activation chance every 20 seconds AFAIK) + Storm Spell from DoTs... and the DoTs will crit too. This can melt even the beefiest of tanks.

2. Assailing Force: Remove its ability to ignore the target's defenses, put a more appropriate damage cap based on Weapon Damage instead of the opponent's HP, and remove its limitation where it can only proc on 1 enemy when an AoE procs it. Give it the usual 5-enemy target cap. This way it'll be useful for clearing mobs in PVE while still being balanced for PVP. Its ability to proc out of Weapon Enchantments should also be removed. AFAIR on my tests in the Preview, Assailing Force procs from Weapon Enchants like Bilethorn. That may have changed, however but just to be sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ajeed04 wrote: »
    TBH I'm having an infinitely harder time with CW's with vorp than bile this patch

Well, the strategy is to use steal time and dodge cast it with bilethorn. It apparently gets rid of stealth pretty easily.

I haven't tried it yet but steal time+icy terrain+coi on tab seem to be pretty good. It's tricky switching almost every power though just to deal with TRs and it makes you pretty crappy against anyone else.
    My $.02: CW crowd control is outrageous in the new mod in pvp. However, the supposed fixe to GWFs is equally bad. Sprint was always one of the most out of place, bad ideas in the game. A GWF should be weighed down by his armor. Instead, they just zoom all over the map like they're on roller skates while TRs, who were already saddled with the worst movement in the game and only two dodges when they're supposedly a class based on agility, have to put up with a nerf to sneak attack and lose some of their run speed under stealth. Also, the nerf to constricting shot is an equally bad idea. The new archery and combat trees for HRs are terrific, but the trapper tree is strictly for pvp and is almost cripplingly useless in pve. It will be a miracle if an HR can finish, say, Valindra's Tower with a trapper build. Things that still need to be addressed: 1) TR abilities should auto-target instead of making TRs waste the first two strikes of duelist's flurry to get to the auto-targeting flurry. If that makes DF overpowered and it needs to be replaced, so be it. 2) GWFs need to be nerfed more in pvp. The control resists+regeneration+constant zooming around at high speed+auto-targeting+ranged attacks in a supposedly melee class+not needing to actually come near hitting a target to do damage leaves the game completely unbalanced. If GWFs begin to actually require some skill or timing to play, it won't be a bad thing no matter how much they complain. And sprint should be done away with entirely. 3) HRs could really use that free respec token they were promised in mod 3 but never got... 4) Why is it so hard to understand that equally geared characters of differnt classes should be able to do equivalent damage to one another?

1. Not sure all TRs would be for that. A good strategy is to miss the first two strikes on purpose and then land the flurry. That would be harder if it was homing.

2. GWF has a crazy amount of mobility and CC-immunity but they're just not good in PVP right now. It would definitely take skill to play one well, using sprint sporatically for the CC-immunity and DR.

3. Not gonna happen, HRs did get a feat respect tho

4. It's better if each class performed a different role. Right now things are kind of a DPS-race so I can see why you'd ask that, but ideally you'd want each class to contribute something different.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Few matches in PvP on my old old little toon. Destro PvP build still to fix to adapt to the huge changes to the class (thanks devs for changing upside-down our class and not even caring about giving us the chance to re-feat. GG).

Damage is still there, but it's much more squishy and if more than 1 enemy targets you, you're dead in a matter of seconds. It would be balanced if GFs and CWs were not buffed that much in both attack power and survivability. Can't say about sentinel but Destro now is more of a hit-and-run fighter. Get in, smash your target, run back to your team.

IF i was fighting players with comparable GS and experience to me, then good. If the guys were 9-10k scrubs doing that much against me...then bad. With more PvP i'll eventually meet more geared players and see.

For Destro i'd go IV with threat rush (still a useful addition to sprint) and sure strike, battle fury and takedown for feated cooldown reduction, increased sprint to defend and move more, IBS since it's pretty much the only source of DPS in PvP now for IV. Hit and run tactic.

Sentinel may try to CC more with FLS and go then for takedown/ IBS, thanks to higher survivability.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2. Assailing Force: Remove its ability to ignore the target's defenses, put a more appropriate damage cap based on Weapon Damage instead of the opponent's HP, and remove its limitation where it can only proc on 1 enemy when an AoE procs it. Give it the usual 5-enemy target cap. This way it'll be useful for clearing mobs in PVE while still being balanced for PVP. Its ability to proc out of Weapon Enchantments should also be removed. AFAIR on my tests in the Preview, Assailing Force procs from Weapon Enchants like Bilethorn. That may have changed, however but just to be sure.

Assailing has a cap of 800% Weapon Damage
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Assailing has a cap of 800% Weapon Damage

or 15% weapon dmg 7.5% in pvp, which ever would be less damage done is where it caps at. (I know some have claimed that it's broken and does 15% in pvp, but I haven't done the testing for myself so I'm unwilling to make that claim)