What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voltomey's Scourge Warlock Review

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You can already get +2 to the most relevant SW stats with a Tiefling. Dragonborn offers no advantage there. If the +5% incoming healing bonus works on LS then that would be a definite advantage, but I'm not sure it outweighs either the extra DPS from Tiefling or the +3 heroic feats from Human.

Based on the stats i mite make a human thats high on Cha and get the Con belt so i don't suffer in crit
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah i know about the hellfire procing creeping death but even before i had the T2 armour i was dealing close to 10-12% constant but that could be because of the lightning enchant
    OK - changed tack and used a WC->WB->DT rotation, finishing off whatever was left alive with WC and HoB/HR/KF. My CD damage is now consistently around 10-14% and spikes to 20%+ against bosses. Elites just melt.

This is only doing Sharandar/Dread Ring/Tyranny campaign content - no dungeons/skirmishes yet.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    jstiddyjstiddy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What wep enchant is working best with the SW?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ATM lightning for pve
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    You have to use WC COVER it with WB and hit DT
    I've discovered that this doesn't always work. Sometimes WB will fire but not shield WC from being consumed. I don't know if it's random or to do with timing - I need to do more testing.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've discovered that this doesn't always work. Sometimes WB will fire but not shield WC from being consumed. I don't know if it's random or to do with timing - I need to do more testing.

tbh i think the fact that it can even cover WC in that way to begain with is a bug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For dps(fury) I think I go for human and maximizing CON.
    Only a human can maximize the 2 heroic feats in the 4th column and that +3 is too good on Blood Pact Of Cania. If it works like CWs learned spellcaster its even more than 3%...
    I think its better than half-elf. (3.X% dmg >2CHA+1%crit sev)

Tiefing bonus is nice but they lack CON.
    As for Dragonborn. Its better for the temptation path I think because of the +5% healing.

As for temptation path. It needs more recharge speed(INT) so I think tiefling and maybe sun-elf also good. And Dragonborn.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jstiddy wrote: »
    What wep enchant is working best with the SW?

I think lightning. Even if they fix that bug with TT.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited July 2014
    Not flaming or anything just wanted to let you know dark spiral doesn't consume curse. When a cursed target dies you get a stack. So lets say you curse something and a gwf kills it you get a stack and if you kill it regardless of curse you get a stack.

Its a curse synergy not a consume.

its also a moderate to high necrotic damage ability that goes well with fury capstone.

I also disagree that curse bite is bad its also necrotic and can hit moderately hard for a short cooldown using it on weaker enemies can also cause daughters promise to proc multiple times meaning more necrotic damage and since it doesnt consume any curses and works with lesser curse and warlock's curse it isn't bad.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not flaming or anything just wanted to let you know dark spiral doesn't consume curse. When a cursed target dies you get a stack. So lets say you curse something and a gwf kills it you get a stack and if you kill it regardless of curse you get a stack.

Its a curse synergy not a consume.

its also a moderate to high necrotic damage ability that goes well with fury capstone.

I also disagree that curse bite is bad its also necrotic and can hit moderately hard for a short cooldown using it on weaker enemies can also cause daughters promise to proc multiple times= more necrotic damage.

I already know i am just ben to lazy to change it to busy testing the new legendary weapon want to know if it makes dark spiral be worth using but hellish rebuke still hold out as one of my fav at wills atm. Even though Spiral is a curse synergy it still kinda a so so effect want to see if this weapons lets me spam it to no end if so its consume effect is even more worthless then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    For dps(fury) I think I go for human and maximizing CON. That +3 is too good on Blood Pact Of Cania. If it works like CWs learned spellcaster its even more than 3%...
    I think its better than half-elf. (3.X% dmg >2%CHA+1%crit sev)

Tiefing bonus is nice but they lack CON.
    As for Dragonborn. Its better for the temptation path I think because of the +5% healing.

As for temptation path. It needs more recharge speed(INT) so I think tiefling and maybe sun-elf also good. And Dragonborn.

I'm pretty sure that you can get CON on a Tiefling, you should be able to select ether CHA/CON or CHA/ INT as you racial stat boosts at character creation. Their other racials are decent as well though I'm not sure if they beat out human for the top spot.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm pretty sure that you can get CON on a Tiefling, you should be able to select ether CHA/CON or CHA/ INT as you racial stat boosts at character creation. Their other racials are decent as well though I'm not sure if they beat out human for the top spot.

The Tiefling racial the abilitys to put in both con and Cha combined with the new artifact belt Put tiefling and humans as my top two choices for SW the tiefling racial can make up for the lose of blood pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The Tiefling racial the abilitys to put in both con and Cha combined with the new artifact belt Put tiefling and humans as my top two choices for SW the tiefling racial can make up for the lose of blood pack.

When you say lose of blood pact I assume you mean that Devastating Critical is the go too feat if your not human and cant get both Devastating and Blood Pact thanks to the 3 extra feet points?

Assuming Devastating is fixed before the current bugged version goes live with mod 4 :)
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    When you say lose of blood pact I assume you mean that Devastating Critical is the go too feat if your not human and cant get both Devastating and Blood Pact thanks to the 3 extra feet points?

Assuming Devastating is fixed before the current bugged version goes live with mod 4 :)

Having a full blood pack is like having a tiefling racial imho human can get that and the crit feat But as tiefling i can get over 20 in con int and cha and get Dev crit this gives tiefling a slight edge out over humans the constitution artifact belt just pushes it further in the tieflings favor. This makes tieflings the better Overall dps But humans and Half-orcs coming in second place tied
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Having a full blood pack is like having a tiefling racial imho human can get that and the crit feat But as tiefling i can get over 20 in con int and cha and get Dev crit this gives tiefling a slight edge out over humans the constitution artifact belt just pushes it further in the tieflings favor. This makes tieflings the better Overall dps But humans and Half-orcs coming in second place tied

Thanks for the info man :)

D
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Tiefling has CHA/CON indeed. My bad! Then Tiefling it is. And human.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Half Elf can get Cha/Con as well

Knack for Success and Dilettante could make for a more all-rounder build
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Half Elf can get Cha/Con as well

Knack for Success and Dilettante could make for a more all-rounder build

that racial is pretty bad and it dosent work on the priveiw atm for SW so i cant really say it will put them in a us-full spot and it will have to give them a point in a atribute thats wurth a danm for them. Anyway even if they can roll con and cha and they will still be at the bottom of the dps list compared to Humans Half Orcs and Tieflings who have better racials then them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atreiyatreiy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7
    edited August 2014
    Hello guys,any tips for companion?
    Was thinking: ioun active
    Archon for Dommage on boss
    Dog and brain for dommage from comb.advantage
    And a lightfoot thief.
    Any other ideas?
    I love the temptation skills, did someone try the T2 with pupetmaster on it? How does it works exactly?
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    atreiy wrote: »
    Hello guys,any tips for companion?
    Was thinking: ioun active
    Archon for Dommage on boss
    Dog and brain for dommage from comb.advantage
    And a lightfoot thief.
    Any other ideas?
    I love the temptation skills, did someone try the stuf with pupetmaster on it? How does it works exactly?

I leveled my SW on the preview with the middle (soul puppet) path and found it to be awesome. When you get the final feat where the puppet doesn't time out, it's like having a companion and still getting to wear your stone. The puppet actually does damage, too. I'll definitely level again on the live server with this path, but am waiting to see all the feedback on survival of the top tree before I decide how or if I'll respec to change trees at 60.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    edited August 2014
    bump just to get this back up their sence i am in my new apartment now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome back. As a reminder, the devs ninja-changed first and last heroic feat during your absence these days. Feel free to update your list with your new testing. Also, I found out SW weapon damage from weapon enchant is a bit weird, you can test it if u want. The details is in SW official feedback thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I leveled my SW on the preview with the middle (soul puppet) path and found it to be awesome. When you get the final feat where the puppet doesn't time out, it's like having a companion and still getting to wear your stone. The puppet actually does damage, too. I'll definitely level again on the live server with this path, but am waiting to see all the feedback on survival of the top tree before I decide how or if I'll respec to change trees at 60.
    I've been playing exclusively Fury path for the last few weeks and once you get your head around how to maximise uptime of the capstone survivability is pretty solid as things die so fast. I've only been playing the new ToD PvE content plus DR dailies and lairs but these are largely a walk in the park with the right rotation.

For levelling it might be easier to go either Damnation or Temptation as the Fury capstone is a big part of your DPS.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    jstiddyjstiddy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is Lightning still the best enchant for SW in your opinions? I noticed their prices dropping in the AH and thought that was odd.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yes lightning still tops out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes lightning still tops out

Please explain.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any build for SW??????
    jstiddy wrote: »
    Is Lightning still the best enchant for SW in your opinions? I noticed their prices dropping in the AH and thought that was odd.

No!
    better enchant for SW is lifedrinker or terror or vorpal, but nerf vorpal so is out...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any build for SW??????

No!
    better enchant for SW is lifedrinker or terror or vorpal, but nerf vorpal so is out...
    Where are these vorpals are getting a nerf rumors coming from. I've seen nothing about it from official channels, is this just fear?
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Where are these vorpals are getting a nerf rumors coming from. I've seen nothing about it from official channels, is this just fear?

the vorpal gave you too much damage(its bug anyway) and now fix it.
    go in preview and test your vorpal ;)
    No rumors!
    I'm happy for everything hit you can do to be non critical with too much damage.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panteleelee is correct for preview, I have tested various enchantments with parses. I am not gonna go back and test my other classes right now, but vorpal just does not cut it for SW, I lose damage when I use P vorp overall and enhcdps. I gain with other enchants, though I am missing a lifedrinker to test. Not sure how that happened thought I had every weapon enchant.

If your group friendly, PF is also nice for a SW, you will have no problem maintaining a full stack for you group.

On a different note, I have found barkshield a better choice due to how we LS compared to all other classes. In the new content if I am going to go splat I will go splat as soon as it revives me, since the red areas tend to over lap or last a longer time then previous content. It is hard to explain, until you see the content, I will say each are viable. THis is just my opinion.