test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voltomey's Scourge Warlock Review

Comments

• theshadowbreakertheshadowbreaker Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    Drop Eldrich Momentum i personally never use it or vengfull if i am i a temptation warlock again i go 10 points into Damnation for relentless curse and syphoning curse. to heal players for 2% of my weapon dmg if they slay a cursed target and to spread curses faster. Hellish in the end run can add up to a load of dmg and healing if you know how to keep it up. Other then that i use the same heroic feat set up as you but sense i am human i can take the 3 in crit and bloodpact i just make up for the crit with gear. EC procs on hellish rebuke btw so it will still net you significant ap gain even at 3

I use hellish rebuke all the time but I don't know if this -5% damage feat is worth 5 points. it's really hard to tell. In terms of healing -5% damage is a lot better than 15-20 hp per kill though.

Eldrich momentum really takes sprint to whole new level, especially in pvp. Tough call. I think we are playing temptation in different style. I am always close to enemy, making all auras work and stacking blight on everything in melee, mitigating most hits with sprint. I am semi-tank in most cases.

Still I can't understand why invest any points in syphoning curse. It's 15-20 hp per killed cursed enemy (through whole dungeon it will be less than 5k hp overall and totally useless in pvp), I will get much more healing just getting Critical Promises regardless of curse spread and enemy death. I understand if it was 2% (even 1%) of player hp but 2% weapon damage? Come on.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Question for you: In your testing, particularly for Fury spec... Have you liked P. Lighting or P. Vorpal thus far the most?
    va8Ru.gif
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I like WHAT I am getting from lightning atm vorple for PvP lightning for dungeons the lightning can push creeping death stack past 100 STACKS Easily and then tick it down in a massive dot
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like WHAT I am getting from lightning atm vorple for PvP lightning for dungeons the lightning can push creeping death stack past 100 STACKS Easily and then tick it down in a massive dot
    Only problem with that is it's a bug and should not be making Creeping death stack higher. A dev posted a while ago saying that creeping death is using any incoming damage to gain stacks other then the intended only necrotic so i wouldn't say it's good because it stacks a bugged feat that will be fixed before release
    edited July 2014
    How ever with my extensive testing the lightning always came out on top for pve even without Creeping Death bugged feat in fury.
    edited July 2014
    How ever with my extensive testing the lightning always came out on top for pve even without Creeping Death bugged feat in fury.
    yes already know about creepings bug
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes already know about creepings bug
    The problem is going to be that when they fix the bug Creeping is likely to be next to useless. Even bugged it accounts for around 3% of my overall damage (about the same as a lesser PF enchant). It does rise to around 18% against bosses and other high HP single targets mind you.

Dreadtheft is 40% of my overall DPS at the moment.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    The problem is going to be that when they fix the bug Creeping is likely to be next to useless. Even bugged it accounts for around 3% of my overall damage (about the same as a lesser PF enchant). It does rise to around 18% against bosses and other high HP single targets mind you.

All creeping dose is duplicate the necrotic dmg thats activates it and ticks it down in a DoT if you activate creeping with 8 necrotic dmg it will tick 8 necrotic dmg down as a 1 dmg per tick DoT atm even then i dont think its working as intended atm. Its impossible for creeping to work with DT as DT eats curses unless WC is covered by warlocks bargain and even then the two curses will not outlast the DT cast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    All creeping dose is duplicate the necrotic dmg thats activates it and ticks it down in a DoT if you activate creeping with 8 necrotic dmg it will tick 8 necrotic dmg down as a 1 dmg per tick DoT atm even then i dont think its working as intended atm. Its impossible for creeping to work with DT as DT eats curses unless WC is covered by warlocks bargain and even then the two curses will not outlast the DT cast
    Yup. And yet GC stated that it was intended to be a significant part of a Fury SW's DPS.

WB is a non-consumable curse and it stacks DT buff/debuff just fine. Whether it stacks Creeping Death or not I haven't tested yet, but I think it must. Otherwise I wouldn't be seeing the big spike in CD contribution against bosses and the like.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    Yup. And yet GC stated that it was intended to be a significant part of a Fury SW's DPS.

WB is a non-consumable curse and it stacks DT buff/debuff just fine. Whether it stacks Creeping Death or not I haven't tested yet, but I think it must. Otherwise I wouldn't be seeing the big spike in CD contribution against bosses and the like.

GC also said it was a bug with creeping causing it ti activate on all dps i am a very watchful person and i know when creeping activates and it dosent seem to activate on all dmg i even took the 4 traits that can proc creeping in fury off and i don't know what ther seeing on there end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    GC also said it was a bug with creeping causing it ti activate on all dps i am a very watchful person and i know when creeping activates and it dosent seem to activate on all dmg i even took the 4 traits that can proc creeping in fury off and i don't know what ther seeing on there end
    I did some testing on the dummies in Dread Ring.

CD only activates if the target is under Warlock's Curse - no other variety of Curse makes it trigger. So you can'y use WB + DT to stack CD really fast. Shame.

At the moment it does seem to activate with ANY incoming damage if the target is under Warlock's Curse. I tested this with Hellish Rebuke and every Hellfire tick resulted in a CD stack. Albeit for very small damage. However, I didn't swap out the Fury feats so I COULD have just got very lucky with procs.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    I did some testing on the dummies in Dread Ring.

CD only activates if the target is under Warlock's Curse - no other variety of Curse makes it trigger. So you can'y use WB + DT to stack CD really fast. Shame.

At the moment it does seem to activate with ANY incoming damage if the target is under Warlock's Curse. I tested this with Hellish Rebuke and every Hellfire tick resulted in a CD stack. Albeit for very small damage. However, I didn't swap out the Fury feats so I COULD have just got very lucky with procs.

You have to use WC COVER it with WB and hit DT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great stuff Volt, as always.

one question: as Terror Enchants deal Necrotic damage, do they proc Creeping Death?
    Tenebris lux mea est
    edited July 2014
    Great stuff Volt, as always.

one question: as Terror Enchants deal Necrotic damage, do they proc Creeping Death?

Any necrotic dmg proc as long as its comming from you it so i am assuming yes it dose same goes for lifedrinker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Any necrotic dmg proc as long as its comming from you it so i am assuming yes it dose same goes for lifedrinker

excellent. If it works like I think it does, that means that a P.Terror may just be BiS for a Fury'lock.
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Your speaking some kind of arcane warlock language now dude :)
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
    edited July 2014
    Your speaking some kind of arcane warlock language now dude :)

i THINK i know what he meant:

WC: Warlock's Curse
    WB: Warlock's Bargain
    DT: Dreadtheft

WB is a curse that can't be consumed, so apparently if you WC something, then cast WB on it, the WB prevents the WC from being consumed as well
    Tenebris lux mea est
    edited July 2014
    i THINK i know what he meant:

WC: Warlock's Curse
    WB: Warlock's Bargain
    DT: Dreadtheft

WB is a curse that can't be consumed, so apparently if you WC something, then cast WB on it, the WB prevents the WC from being consumed as well

yeah that's what meant lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah that's what meant lolz

That's kind of what I figured :)

It just reminded me in a funny way of an old job where every one spoke in industry acronyms and initialism's. We actually had a glossary we handed out to the new employees so they could follow the conversations.

Awesome work on compiling the guide by the way, two thumbs up!
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • jstiddyjstiddy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Part 1 The Introduction

t/COLOR].

Hey I read thru the first few pages but coulnd't find the answer. What wep enchants do you recoomend? Armor enchants?
    edited July 2014
    I use barksheild dno about any one else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014

You must be doing something seriously wrong then because for me creeping death with the bugged T2 set it does 24% of my damage and Hellfire ( the T2 set damage ) does 25-28% of my damage.
    XEh7Bnq.png
    edited July 2014
    You must be doing something seriously wrong then because for me creeping death with the bugged T2 set it does 24% of my damage and Hellfire ( the T2 set damage ) does 25-28% of my damage.
    XEh7Bnq.png
    Yup because at the moment your Hellfire will proc Creeping Death for big dot damage. Not to mention your Lightning enchant and Shadowtouched boon. I have lousy gear (no twinking so just drops), few boons (first two DR and first Tyranny), and a Lesser PF enchant so get much smaller stacks and dots.

Once they fix Creeping Death you'll see a big drop in DPS as only Necrotic damage will proc it.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    I did play around with this last night after I did the testing but it wasn't clear that WB protects WC from being consumed. If that's the case and WAI then it will make a huge difference. Good spot. :)
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    Yup because at the moment your Hellfire will proc Creeping Death for big dot damage. Not to mention your Lightning enchant and Shadowtouched boon. I have lousy gear (no twinking so just drops), few boons (first two DR and first Tyranny), and a Lesser PF enchant so get much smaller stacks and dots.

Once they fix Creeping Death you'll see a big drop in DPS as only Necrotic damage will proc it.
    Yeah i know about the hellfire procing creeping death but even before i had the T2 armour i was dealing close to 10-12% constant but that could be because of the lightning enchant
    edited July 2014
    Yeah i know about the hellfire procing creeping death but even before i had the T2 armour i was dealing close to 10-12% constant but that could be because of the lightning enchant
    Could be playstyle as well. I'm lazy so I tend to erase trash mobs with just Dreadtheft and don't bother with curses, wherease against bosses I play more carefully to try and maximise DPS. Hence my CD contribution against bosses/elites is much higher.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    thous artifact belts mite make the human race the best viable option for this class now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smelldeathsmelldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why what artifact belts?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thous artifact belts mite make the human race the best viable option for this class now

The artifact belts aren't race specific, so they might make Dragonborn the race of choice. Three extra feats versus an additional 2 stat points.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited July 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    The artifact belts aren't race specific, so they might make Dragonborn the race of choice. Three extra feats versus an additional 2 stat points.
    You can already get +2 to the most relevant SW stats with a Tiefling. Dragonborn offers no advantage there. If the +5% incoming healing bonus works on LS then that would be a definite advantage, but I'm not sure it outweighs either the extra DPS from Tiefling or the +3 heroic feats from Human.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder