What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voltomey's Scourge Warlock Review

Comments

• Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You my good Sir, make amazing class guides.

Thank you.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Ty i am sorry it taking so long with the armor i am currently on a train heading to Eire PA i didn't really have much time to do the stats and the armor i was in a hurry packing. The only thing i can do atm is add more written parts in cause i cant play the game on my laptop its to old.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok the first sets of t2 armor have ben put up the rest are coming asap along with weapons
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    Ok the first sets of t2 armor have ben put up the rest are coming asap along with weapons

Is it just me or is the Accursed Diabolist's Armor the only one worth getting? It seems like the others are too loaded down with bad stat spreads like deflection.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the Accursed Diabolist's Armor the only one worth getting? It seems like the others are too loaded down with bad stat spreads like deflection.

Most the armor comes with the essentials Being Power Recovery for the Puppetmaster Tree crit for the fury tree and High Life steal for the healer tree to put it bluntly each set is detailed for each of the three paragon path Trees just fill in the rest with boons artifacts rings and enchants. Also nothing is dramatically overcaped like armor pen was for HR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lol i had to do a double post on how bad the empire set is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    T2 pvp armor up the rest are comming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lol i had to do a double post on how bad the empire set is

I assume from this that it's 3% of stat ratings not an extra 3%of damage back as healing.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Empire set give pure 3 % more LS for pt. true
    This set is not like other class E.set it gives 3 % or your current LS for the pt. false

I have the full Empire set on my SW.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I assume from this that it's 3% of stat ratings not an extra 3%of damage back as healing.

Its a crappier but larger radius version of the aura in the temptation tree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    90% certain it is 3% to life stolen, not +3% of your Lifesteal stat, that is how the feat works at least.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bingo man its just the auras as a armor bonus kinda lazy if you ask me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smelldeathsmelldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what's the best race for dps im thinking about tielfing or human but tielfing i think its better cause it gives 2 con and 2 charisma for more dps plus his special powers as a race.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Untill they fix the race change tickets i cant accurately tell you yet any race that has a bonus to con will get you good dmg My top three races atm for dps are Half orc human tiefling sun/moon elves. Any way i am working on part 4 of this guide i am going even more in depth on certain skills and feats really cut into how each paragon path works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    put up the first part of part 4 going into creeping death and other fury traits atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    humans make better SW in my opinion after playing around with the respect on preview
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smelldeathsmelldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i would you like to find out cause i can't :) who can build the more charisma and contistution.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Use a Respect to change to Human, from Tiefling, for Fury spec for the additional Heroic Feat points so I could max out the changes to both: Energized Curse and Scornful Curse

The AP/Damage gain seems to be pretty darn nice thus far! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Use a Respect to change to Human, from Tiefling, for Fury spec for the additional Heroic Feat points so I could max out the changes to both: Energized Curse and Scornful Curse

The AP/Damage gain seems to be pretty darn nice thus far! :)

yeah the 30% boost in lesser curse dmg and the bonus constitution dmg to good to pass up but i did go for a 24 con 18 int and 18 cha Build and it seem to work just fine for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah the 30% boost in lesser curse dmg and the bonus constitution dmg to good to pass up but i did go for a 24 con 18 int and 18 cha Build and it seem to work just fine for me.
    I could see the 24 Con, for sure... However the loss of 2% Crit Chance with 140% Crit Severity (15% from Heroic + 50% from Vorpal) seems better then the 2% extra Con damage. That's just me remembering someone using Math-Fu saying 1% crit is worth more then 1% damage overall, once you have 140% Crit Severity and are over 30% Crit (I'm currently at 37.5%).

Not saying that's right, just saying it's what I remember... If I am wrong, please let me know cause I'll happily adapt as necessary! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First off, great review/write up on the warlock class. I always enjoy your reviews, as they are extremely helpful.

With that said I only have one problem, and it has nothing to do with the warlock, your misuse of the word are when it should be our. There are several instances when you do this.

Again, great review as always, Voltomey. I will definitely refer to this post in the future.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What are you using to spread Lesser Curse? My full Fury build is mostly Necrotic based for extra Creeping Death goodness and I don't have room for Infernal Spheres on my bar any more (running Warlock's Bargain, Dreadtheft, and Killing Flames).
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice, finally, thank you for the info about armor sets.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What are you using to spread Lesser Curse? My full Fury build is mostly Necrotic based for extra Creeping Death goodness and I don't have room for Infernal Spheres on my bar any more (running Warlock's Bargain, Dreadtheft, and Killing Flames).

Relentless curse from the damnation line i mark three targets with WC kill one and a nearby foe will get marked with a lesser curse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    the other armor sets are comming soon i just stoped a lil while to revamp the HR guide that was severely out dated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Relentless curse from the damnation line i mark three targets with WC kill one and a nearby foe will get marked with a lesser curse.
    I did look at that but at the moment I have all feat points spent in Fury so I'd have to take a look at which to drop. It would also mean re-jigging my Heroic feats to free up the points there and at the moment I like the mix of feats I have. Worth investigating though.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I did look at that but at the moment I have all feat points spent in Fury so I'd have to take a look at which to drop. It would also mean re-jigging my Heroic feats to free up the points there and at the moment I like the mix of feats I have. Worth investigating though.

what feats do you have in the fury line
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theshadowbreakertheshadowbreaker Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    I am thinking about temptation Warlock. It's my 3rd Warlock and I chose Tiefling with roll Int 16; Con 15; Char 13; Str 11; Dex 11; Wis 9 . It's 23 Con, 18 Int, 21 Char at 60 without campfire bonus. I could go 24 Con but for me +2% hp and +1% dmg isn't worth +1% crit +1% combat advantage damage (which will be up most of the time) and some small defences with 1 more STR and Dex. Human is nice but I can't compensate crit and combat advantage damage, bloodhunt (5% more dmg on targets below half health) with 3 feats (probably I would take +3% Con damage).

Is this 30% lesser curse damage such a great idea? It's uptime is rather low. Also you guys are talking about Energised Curse but is this really such a good feat as it only affects at-wills now? I put points there because I can't see anything of worth for me in T2,T3

For now I have something like this:
    T1
    3/5: Energised Curse: Gain more AP when attacking a cursed targets with at-will
    3/3: Weapon Mastery: Increase your crit chance by 3%
    3/3: Toughness: increase your max hp by 9%
    T2
    3/3: Empowered Rituals: Encounters deal 6% more dmg
    T3
    3/3: Soul reaping: Your lifesteal stats is increased By 4.5 per your charcter lvl
    T4
    2/5: Blood Pact Of Cania:Increase the amount of bonus dmg Constitution gives by 2 %
    3/3: Devestating critical:Increase Critical Severity By 15%

I thought about desperate restoration but I really don't like under 30% hp part. I was that low once, maybe twice through whole normal content and when I am this low I am using pots/artifact right away so uptime is almost non-existent. Even in PvP I don't see it's better than energizing curse.

Temptation Path Feats
    T1
    5/5: Vengfull Curse:When damaged you have a 10% chance to apply a lesser curse to your attacker
    5/5: Hope stealer: On critical Hits your lifesteal stat is increased by 10 points per charcter level for 4 seconds
    T2
    5/5: Compounded soul: Striking Cursed foe has a chance to grant 5% of the warlocks max HP as tempoary hit points to allies near the warlock.
    0/5: Hellish Condemnation: Target affected By your Hellish Rebuke atwill deal 5% less dmg
    T3
    5/5: Aura of Despair:Enemies within 20 feet of you deal 5% less dmg
    5/5: Aura Of Cruelty:Allies within 20 feet of you life steal for 5% more
    T4
    5/5: Eldritch Momentom: You restore 5% of you stamina each time you take dmg.
    T5
    1/1: Soul Bonding:your lifesteal stats now also heals allies for 200% of its value. The healing Component of you Vampiric Embrace now also heals nearby allies for 100% of its value

I can't decide if Hellish Condemnation is worth points. 5% is low, it must be manually applied and Hellish Rebuke seems just a copy of brand of the sun with less damage, longer animation and worse feat (no -% crit). I don't see 2 feats in other trees that would benefit me more but maybe I am wrong. I really don't like Syphoning Curse because it's only 2% of weapon damage per kill. For 800 it's... 16, it's not even funny. Relentless Curse has one problem, enemy must be killed, and it works only with warlock curse, I prefer to use it's damage buff (increasing burst heal) on larger targets (also less time wasted on recasting warlock curse) and spread lesser curse by getting hit. Critical Promises looks nice as my crit is high but still, only 10% weapon damage.

What do you guys think? Any ideas about temptation Warlocks?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I am thinking about temptation Warlock. It's my 3rd Warlock and I chose Tiefling with roll Int 16; Con 15; Char 13; Str 11; Dex 11; Wis 9 . It's 23 Con, 18 Int, 21 Char at 60 without campfire bonus. I could go 24 Con but for me +2% hp and +1% dmg isn't worth +1% crit +1% combat advantage damage (which will be up most of the time) and some small defences with 1 more STR and Dex. Human is nice but I can't compensate crit and combat advantage damage, bloodhunt (5% more dmg on targets below half health) with 3 feats (probably I would take +3% Con damage).

Is this 30% lesser curse damage such a great idea? It's uptime is rather low. Also you guys are talking about Energised Curse but is this really such a good feat as it only affects at-wills now? I put points there because I can't see anything of worth for me in T2,T3

For now I have something like this:
    T1
    3/5: Energised Curse: Gain more AP when attacking a cursed targets with at-will
    3/3: Weapon Mastery: Increase your crit chance by 3%
    3/3: Toughness: increase your max hp by 9%
    T2
    3/3: Empowered Rituals: Encounters deal 6% more dmg
    T3
    3/3: Soul reaping: Your lifesteal stats is increased By 4.5 per your charcter lvl
    T4
    2/5: Blood Pact Of Cania:Increase the amount of bonus dmg Constitution gives by 2 %
    3/3: Devestating critical:Increase Critical Severity By 15%

I thought about desperate restoration but I really don't like under 30% hp part. I was that low once, maybe twice through whole normal content and when I am this low I am using pots/artifact right away so uptime is almost non-existent. Even in PvP I don't see it's better than energizing curse.

Temptation Path Feats
    T1
    5/5: Vengfull Curse:When damaged you have a 10% chance to apply a lesser curse to your attacker
    5/5: Hope stealer: On critical Hits your lifesteal stat is increased by 10 points per charcter level for 4 seconds
    T2
    5/5: Compounded soul: Striking Cursed foe has a chance to grant 5% of the warlocks max HP as tempoary hit points to allies near the warlock.
    0/5: Hellish Condemnation: Target affected By your Hellish Rebuke atwill deal 5% less dmg
    T3
    5/5: Aura of Despair:Enemies within 20 feet of you deal 5% less dmg
    5/5: Aura Of Cruelty:Allies within 20 feet of you life steal for 5% more
    T4
    5/5: Eldritch Momentom: You restore 5% of you stamina each time you take dmg.
    T5
    1/1: Soul Bonding:your lifesteal stats now also heals allies for 200% of its value. The healing Component of you Vampiric Embrace now also heals nearby allies for 100% of its value

I can't decide if Hellish Condemnation is worth points. 5% is low, it must be manually applied and Hellish Rebuke seems just a copy of brand of the sun with less damage, longer animation and worse feat (no -% crit). I don't see 2 feats in other trees that would benefit me more but maybe I am wrong. I really don't like Syphoning Curse because it's only 2% of weapon damage per kill. For 800 it's... 16, it's not even funny. Relentless Curse has one problem, enemy must be killed, and it works only with warlock curse, I prefer to use it's damage buff (increasing burst heal) on larger targets (also less time wasted on recasting warlock curse) and spread lesser curse by getting hit. Critical Promises looks nice as my crit is high but still, only 10% weapon damage.

What do you guys think? Any ideas about temptation Warlocks?

Drop Eldrich Momentum i personally never use it or vengfull if i am i a temptation warlock again i go 10 points into Damnation for relentless curse and syphoning curse. to heal players for 2% of my weapon dmg if they slay a cursed target and to spread curses faster. Hellish in the end run can add up to a load of dmg and healing if you know how to keep it up. Other then that i use the same heroic feat set up as you but sense i am human i can take the 3 in crit and bloodpact i just make up for the crit with gear. EC procs on hellish rebuke btw so it will still net you significant ap gain even at 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    what feats do you have in the fury line
    5/5 Daughter's Promises
    5/5 Critical Promise
    5/5 Killing Curse
    5/5 Executioner's Gift
    5/5 Brutal Curse
    5/5 Murderous Flames
    1/1 Creeping Death

This may well be overkill on subsidiary Necrotic damage procs as I was originally running a mainly Fire based build. Now I pump out so much Necrotic damage with my encounters and at-wills that I'm probably not getting full advantage from the likes of Daughter's Promises/Critical Promise/Executioner's Gift.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder