test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please disable kicking after killing final boss.

erhgferhgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I just finished FC with a bug found through the q system. The damage I dealt was more than all the other four together. After the final boss was killed, I was kicked before I can roll for the loot. I needed the loot since it was for my class. Nobody said anything about this being a greed run and usually bugs from the q system is need runs by default. I was in numerous runs where the other classes needed their loot even they deal minimal damage and die like flies, and I said nothing about it. I despise those who kicked me for their hideous behaviors and I hope they experience it themselves some day too.

EDIT:
1. LEGIT CHANNEL: I asked on legit channel if anyone would run FC with me, no one responded.
2. THIS IS NOT A GREED RUN: I was in numerous FC runs with parties made from the queue system. None of these pugs are greed runs. They ALWAYS grab the loot with need and I never had a problem with it until now, when an item I have been waiting for actually dropped for me, I got kicked. This enrages me because it feels like I was fooled this whole time. So if a drop is not for my class, others can roll need, while if it's for my class I get kicked for rolling need? So I never get to receive a loot from the final boss? Wow! This is the most f'ed up logic I ever heard.
3. I AM EXPERIENCED: As I mentioned above, the damage I dealt was more than the total of the other four people on my team. It is not that I'm unfamiliar with the greed/need system, but that there's no such system in pugs you get from the queue system. I know that many of you are trying to help, but I highly doubt that you read my post through.
4. WE CANNOT CHANGE LOOT OPTIONS AFTER ENTERING A DUNGEON: This is why getting a pug from the queue system does not allow the luxury of changing to round robin.

Possible solutions to this:
1. Disable kicking after final boss is killed if the vote kicked person is among the top 4 of any charts, this should fix the issue of strange people coming in, did nothing and want to roll for the final loot;

or
2. Allow kicking but allow the kicked person to participate in the loot roll if the vote kicked person is among the top 4 of any charts. This solution is not as good as the one above since this one will still cause the kicked person lose his/her chest;

or
3. Set the default loot option of all pugs from the q system to GREED ONLY, or RANDOM DROPS;

or
4. Add the default loot option of GREED ONLY and RANDOM DROPS and prompt the team to vote change the loot option before the final boss fight.

The easiest to implement should be the first one. With so many people being the victim of vote kicking for nothing, I strongly hope that a change can be made so that it will be harder for people to abuse this system.
Post edited by erhgf on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well the way other games stop this is to disable vote kick while a loot drop is up, in combat, or after the final boss is dead. All your top 4 stuff just over complicates this, for an issue that well just doesn't seem as bad as it gets made out to be on the forums.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Don't need.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't need.

this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    If you want an item, ask for it. If at least 2 of your mates agree that you can have the item, then you roll need on it. Otherwise, greed.

Greed is the default roll. Rolling need without asking first is kinda mean and sounds like you just needed to sell the item.

Consider that the bosses are dropping ADs, not items.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vote kicking during the boss fight should be disabled and not enabled again unless the party wipes without killing the boss.

AND

A way to set up a run by voting to make loot rolls 'greed only' should be implemented.

Additionally, vote kicks should require 3 votes to kick or else they fail.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They just need to disable kick when in combat and for 30 seconds after and then while a epic or artifact loot roll is up that way you can kill the boss then grab the loot safe in the knowledge that nobody can be kicked but they also need to do a overhaul of the loot system so you can set up all greed / all need runs or whatever so nobody can take advantage of the no kick rule to need stuff when they shouldn't be.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes, no problem kick somebody when the boss is still alive but nearly dead
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't need.

why shouldn't he hit need if he actually need the item? That's really stupid.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You were kicked on an FC run?

You were most likely kicked because you didn't follow the need/greed rules set forth by the party.

Nobody kicks a person to get a 5% increased chance of obtaining a 5k diamond loot.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This seriously needs fixing. I can't believe it's still an issue. Greed is NOT the default roll. Or else shift+1 would be greed, and there wouldn't be a need system. The rolling system is called "Need before Greed". That being said, they can easily fix this. Make it so you can set a run to greed runs once the party is formed. Leader sets loot set as greed all, and it locks in for the entire dungeon. When dungeon queue pops the window shows the dungeon with "Loot system: Greed all/ Loot system: Need before greed" when it pops up to join. This gives people advance notice on which was chosen. Then as long as the person has contributed a pre-set amount of dmg/healing/dmg soak then they cannot be kicked.

The fact this is still a topic of debate really shows how little cryptic cares about it's non-profit portions of the game.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Or just do away with Need/Greed altogether... implement a loot system that gives loot from mobs to whomever deals 50% + 1 damage (or the most damage if that is not the case) to the mob, and boss loot drops for all players, similar to how the chest is open for each player. I know I would not miss that annoying Need/Greed window popping up when I'm fighting something and somebody decided to loot during combat.
    edited July 2014
    juleadream wrote: »
    Or just do away with Need/Greed altogether... implement a loot system that gives loot from mobs to whomever deals 50% + 1 damage to the mob, and boss loot drops for all players, similar to how the chest is open for each player. I know I would not miss that annoying Need/Greed window popping up when I'm fighting something and somebody decided to loot during combat.
    GF and DC would not ever be able to get loot.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    GF and DC would not ever be able to get loot.

Fair point... then use the "tag" system like WoW uses... you hit if first, the loot is yours.
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this seems practical
    edited July 2014
    juleadream wrote: »
    Fair point... then use the "tag" system like WoW uses... you hit if first, the loot is yours.

Greatly favors ranged aoe.

Seriously none of this is the answer.

First don't let kicks while in combat, 30 secs after combat, or while loot is being rolled on.

Next set up more loot modes at the party leaders discretion,
    Need/Greed -- Current
    Free for All -- Just what it sounds like, first to click
    Master Looter -- loot goes to one person who's job is to distribute it
    Round Robin -- loot cycles thru the party

Also set a level for it. For instance I could set it where only green or above follows the need/greed rules as currently, or I could set it where blue and above does and greens would act like white items currently do.
  • intoxicatedknighintoxicatedknigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Excuse me? Please tell me I failed to read sarcasm at this late hour or refer me to the section in the game's manual where it says greed is the default option. Oh wait. You cannot. Why do you think need is the first option in the list? So people can actually get an item if it drops for them, despite the terrible RNG, without greedy little poopdecks like you butting in. And last time I checked bosses drop items and not AD. Show me pics proving otherwise or you're simply another greedy player who demands a 2nd RNG roll just so you can get rich over the backs of the people who actually need the item.

The RNG decides for which class the item drops. If that's not you, too bad. better luck next time. Do another round and see if you can get the item you need and run with people who have the decency to roll greed if the item is theirs, but don't need it. This money attitude is what's ruining the game with your speedy greed runs. And here you are, trying to convince people that's how you're supposed to play? Bah. You make me sick.

-edit-
    back OT: they should just fix the loot rolls before entering the dungeon. Discuss before, set the rule, agree, and enter. Vote kicking should be made impossible by the game unless certain conditions are met, like no activity for x minutes, not moving for x minutes, dcing for more than x minutes etc etc. Same thing they are doing now with being idle outside dungeons. The boss kicking is yet another symptom of how awfully selfish this community is and it's time for big daddy to step in and put down some ground rules for this game. Obviously this community is unable to do so of its own accord.

Man I dont want to run with you then lol

if Im doing AD runs i don;t want to waste my time with needers.... Greed or get out I say.. if the person needs it they should ask for the item most of the time if i look at their gear and see they need it I will pass and let them have otherwise ,,why should I let them make money off a need that I could have had a chance to make AD from. sorry but i see as your the greedy person not the one your replying to.
    ~Angus BullGod - Swordmaster GWF~
    ~Vladimar Zul - Fury build SW ~
    ~Takadump onzcrapper - Iron vangaurd GF~
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Excuse me? Please tell me I failed to read sarcasm at this late hour or refer me to the section in the game's manual where it says greed is the default option. Oh wait. You cannot. Why do you think need is the first option in the list? So people can actually get an item if it drops for them, despite the terrible RNG, without greedy little poopdecks like you butting in. And last time I checked bosses drop items and not AD. Show me pics proving otherwise or you're simply another greedy player who demands a 2nd RNG roll just so you can get rich over the backs of the people who actually need the item.

The RNG decides for which class the item drops. If that's not you, too bad. better luck next time. Do another round and see if you can get the item you need and run with people who have the decency to roll greed if the item is theirs, but don't need it. This money attitude is what's ruining the game with your speedy greed runs. And here you are, trying to convince people that's how you're supposed to play? Bah. You make me sick.

-edit-
    back OT: they should just fix the loot rolls before entering the dungeon. Discuss before, set the rule, agree, and enter. Vote kicking should be made impossible by the game unless certain conditions are met, like no activity for x minutes, not moving for x minutes, dcing for more than x minutes etc etc. Same thing they are doing now with being idle outside dungeons. The boss kicking is yet another symptom of how awfully selfish this community is and it's time for big daddy to step in and put down some ground rules for this game. Obviously this community is unable to do so of its own accord.

I agree. "Need' is the default action - simple!

People are going to become frustrated, and some may even quit, if they deal with being wrongly kicked . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Man I dont want to run with you then lol

if Im doing AD runs i don;t want to waste my time with needers.... Greed or get out I say.. if the person needs it they should ask for the item most of the time if i look at their gear and see they need it I will pass and let them have otherwise ,,why should I let them make money off a need that I could have had a chance to make AD from. sorry but i see as your the greedy person not the one your replying to.

It is obvious that "need" is the default - it is the first selection. Hitting "greed" seems more greedy, hence the name, "greed." Your argument is not logical.

No one has time to get into some discussion about who needs it more - that's kinda silly, especially if time is important to you (and it is to me).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • lathendrillathendril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    If it happens at all that people are kicked bevor they can roll for loot, even if they 'greed' or if no 'greed run' was declared, this change is only logical and it should be easy to implement, so: yes, please disable kicking between start of bossfight and finished distribution of all (all epic, all top level) loot.

Happend to me at the anniversary event. Right after the last boss went down the grp leader kicked everyone from the party before a chest could be reached. In the forced chat i had with him after that he admitted to have done it for pure fun. To annoy other player.
    that is why i second that opinion to block the kick option after a boss is down.
    Of course i reported the players behaviour via ticket and i hope that these kind of players are getting at least a warning email from the GMs....
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    smulch wrote: »
    why shouldn't he hit need if he actually need the item? That's really stupid.
    You are going into a dungeon with random people, who are all grinding the dungeon for their chance at the piece at the end.What makes you any different than the rest of the randoms you went in with that you should get to need? NOTHING!!!! So why you should get to need on a piece and expect some random pug to not boot you for needing on the one piece of decent equipment.
    If you think you are the only one entitled to that choice picec at the end , then you should get kicked every time....
    Should really think about what you say is stupid...you are projecting.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You are going into a dungeon with random people, who are all grinding the dungeon for their chance at the piece at the end.What makes you any different than the rest of the randoms you went in with that you should get to need? NOTHING!!!! So why you should get to need on a piece and expect some random pug to not boot you for needing on the one piece of decent equipment.
    If you think you are the only one entitled to that choice picec at the end , then you should get kicked every time....
    Should really think about what you say is stupid...you are projecting.

I'd agree to this.

OP, just take that as a learning experience on what to do in dungeons next time. Hey, everyone starts out as a beginner slowly gaining experience.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Join Legit , runs are greed all on every item. This should be a implemented function of in game party creator.

Any item thats under 15k isnt a need item, anyone can roll that much AD in one day and buy it, any item of significant value should be greed anyways, sorry if you want it for your class, but the group got together for everyone to chance on these items.

Heck EVERYONE always needs a greater mark of potency. The only item you really would "want" is your t2 item for your class your playing, but frankly, just run that particular t2 multiple times and you will get it. Everyone else in the group should have a oppurtunity to roll for it.

AGAIN the issue is you CANNOT force the system to roll either a greed all or need all, it needs this and this will fix every issue we are complaining about.

There are too many selfish players who would ninja need on a item not to allow the kicking and there are too many people willing to kick players to get a item.

NO dropping kick vote until they fix the system to allow a greed only run.

You cannot lock out a kick vote either, there are trolls in this game who would throw a boss fight just to get you to leave as well.

See there are multiple issues to deal with. Legit allows name calling in channel for multiple need offenders and or/trolls. You ignore them and move on with life.

This puts some onus back on the community as well and some judgement on players who are overly selfish.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah this could all be fixed with a "Greed Only" option when starting a party.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If the game is already dividing up loot based on char classes you should just always need on everything you can. The problem is that people get GREEDY and they want everyone to greed so they can just sell all the items in the dungeon, with no regard to weather you need it or not. Its terrible and it all stems from some people being jealous that oh my items don't sell for as much so its not fair QQ, ya but when you had to buy that item and it was cheaper then x's class they weren't offering to pay more. I play with my friends alot and we always need on everything the loot gets divided and it works out fairly for the most part. Just like in all MMO's sometimes in runs you get 3 pieces and other times you get 0 that's just the luck of the draw but if you take all the runs and put them together they average out, people are just to short sited to see the whole picture, and thus their "Its Not Fair" makes them change the loot rules, its really sad that people care only about the loot and not the enjoyment of playing the game.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    If the game is already dividing up loot based on char classes you should just always need on everything you can. The problem is that people get GREEDY and they want everyone to greed so they can just sell all the items in the dungeon, with no regard to weather you need it or not. Its terrible and it all stems from some people being jealous that oh my items don't sell for as much so its not fair QQ, ya but when you had to buy that item and it was cheaper then x's class they weren't offering to pay more. I play with my friends alot and we always need on everything the loot gets divided and it works out fairly for the most part. Just like in all MMO's sometimes in runs you get 3 pieces and other times you get 0 that's just the luck of the draw but if you take all the runs and put them together they average out, people are just to short sited to see the whole picture, and thus their "Its Not Fair" makes them change the loot rules, its really sad that people care only about the loot and not the enjoyment of playing the game.

oh please.. this is calling those who are willing to give up thier 100% chance of a item to a 1 out of 5 chance greedy? No way, they are the unselfish ones, what you are describing is only a select few will profit.

This is the antithesis of what the game needs.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    oh please.. this is calling those who are willing to give up thier 100% chance of a item to a 1 out of 5 chance greedy? No way, they are the unselfish ones, what you are describing is only a select few will profit.

This is the antithesis of what the game needs.
    How do you figure that? Most of the times your group doesn't consist of 1 of each class, so many times items will drop that everyone can only greed on, and it happens alot. What do you need the item for if its not for you just profit from. You never know if that person will actually keep the item to have say a different gear setup all you care about is selling it to get ur AD. The only exception would be completely geared people but you hardly see any of those most people have a lot of things to upgrade or work on. Just because you sell every items that drops because your so addicted to seeing your wealth go up doesn't mean everyone else is.
    edited July 2014
    Sorry, but I don't most people any further than I can throw them. So Master Looter is not a requirement as far as I'm concerned. It only gives people more reason to leave halfway / kick people to keep the loot.
    It's for guild runs to make things easier. It's not a pug thing. From the sounds of it you pug and don't do the guild social mechanic.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm one of those people who insist on making it clear at the beginning of every run that it is a greed run. I would be the first person to kick other players if they choose need after it has been made clear that it is a greed run.
    I do that mostly for the sake of simplicity. However, I hate that system, and let me explain why:

1. Need run - Let's assume there's five players in a party, and each of them is of different class. There are six types of classes in total, for the time being. An item drops. Since there are six classes, let's assume the chance of dropping an item for your class is 16.6% (100% chance of dropping an item / 6 classes = 16.6%), which means that there is 16.6% chance that you will be able to choose need, and ultimately get the item. There is also a chance of 16.6% that an item will be of sixth class which is not present in the party, so everyone can choose only greed (assuming no one wants to pass), so when you divide that 16.6% by 5, you get another 3.3% chance of getting an item. When you add that 3.3% chance to your 16.6% chance of choosing need, you have a total of 20% chance of getting an item.

2. Greed run - Let's assume there's five players in a party. An item drops, but this time everyone chooses greed, which means that everyone has a 20% chance of getting that item. Plain and simple.

So, they are basically the same thing, right? Wrong. We assumed that all classes have equal chance of getting an item drop for their own class, but we all know that is not the case, at least not in some dungeons, or at some bosses. Truth to be told, I would still prefer need run over the greed run, since I wouldn't have to worry about dishonest people and kicking from the party or choosing need after everyone has already chosen greed, yet I still insist on greed runs, since I neither have the time nor the will to explain all of this to every single person. However, people can still be kicked in a need run, so the problem is still not solved, only minimized.

So, what's the solution to this mess?
    There are few possible solutions, and one of them is already present - Round Robin. Everyone has the same 20% chance of getting an item, and there's the end to that story. It eliminates the whole need/greed issue.

The only thing I would like to change, however, is the very thing most of you have been discussing here - disabling the option to kick during and after the boss fights for a short period of time (the period should be the same as the one on the countdown meter), as well as implementing a system which will force the party to agree on loot system before the run begins, and not leaving it to the will of randomly picked leader (which is an issue of it's own).
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
    edited July 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    How do you figure that? Most of the times your group doesn't consist of 1 of each class, so many times items will drop that everyone can only greed on, and it happens alot. What do you need the item for if its not for you just profit from. You never know if that person will actually keep the item to have say a different gear setup all you care about is selling it to get ur AD. The only exception would be completely geared people but you hardly see any of those most people have a lot of things to upgrade or work on. Just because you sell every items that drops because your so addicted to seeing your wealth go up doesn't mean everyone else is.
    People that need on everything think that their time is worth more than the rest.
    You are in a random match, all 5 signed up for a random chance at the gear.
    Regardless of whether they need it or not , they spent the same amount of time grinding the dungeon and deserve the same chance at the payoff, even if it is only a few k unrefined AD.
    You thinking that simply because your classes equip dropped makes you entitled to it above the other 4 in group is greedy.
    If you want to grind gear , don't do it in a PUG. Get a group and make sure your the only one of your class that needs the gear.
    Don't hop in a pug match and start needing stuff and not expected to get booted. They are all there for the same thing as you.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People that need on everything think that their time is worth more than the rest.
    You are in a random match, all 5 signed up for a random chance at the gear.
    Regardless of whether they need it or not , they spent the same amount of time grinding the dungeon and deserve the same chance at the payoff, even if it is only a few k unrefined AD.
    You thinking that simply because your classes equip dropped makes you entitled to it above the other 4 in group is greedy.
    If you want to grind gear , don't do it in a PUG. Get a group and make sure your the only one of your class that needs the gear.
    Don't hop in a pug match and start needing stuff and not expected to get booted. They are all there for the same thing as you.

The loot system does entitle him. The loot system that does not is not called "greed", but Round Robin.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg