test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger Changes

Comments

• xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    nice utility? you can kill a tr just if you hit him with costricting and fox shift while he is not in itc.
    its really a fair fight (more or less) now but with the nerfs to costricting, fox shift, bonus set, healing bonus etc etc you will now 80% die to good trs.

Finally trs can kill hrs again and its not just a straight downhill fight for the tr.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Makes me sad.. gonna need to retire all 3 of my hr's =/ Like they took all the fun out of it. Agreed with above.

I probably will keep one with 17k GS. just because it took s*t load of time and AD to get there. But playing as melee is really boring now on preview.
    I can take Auril's totem alone basically -and it takes forever to so this.
    This is very specific to my build - 2.5 deflect, 2.2 defence, ~2k regen, 6k Power, 3k Crit, 2,8 AP - with stone. This does benefits in melee WM but still top WM stack I saw saw 7 stacks top. 1 tip i got it 9 someway - once in 2 hours of testing. 80% of combat is 4-5 stacks.

And boring cause damage is low at at-wills and you are limited to melee stand only pretty much. You are required to use single target melee power. Cause area powers are not always triggering flurry or if they do -you don't control where enemy it triggers at. losing 10% of critical chance and moving focus to AP and deflect is ok. But it does lowers out basic damage in melee - as 10% of crit and 10% basic damage. And we still had it low for damage class originally.

FEEDBACK

FCombar HR - So all pve combat for combat HR is very boring in general. It goes as
    0. Put some areal damage from range. I use thorn since you can have 1 more melee encounter form it -very important for flurry.
    1. gather 10 enemies around you.
    2. press left button x100 times,
    2.5 right button x10 times
    3. add to it - rear clicking on encounter to trigger flurry.

Shifting does not really effect cool-down - 0.5 is ridiculous small - and most of people will not sacrifice free 5% of life steal for price of 0.5 cool-downs. And since you have a lot of enemies all over you does not really do any good job in getting away from damage. Only the big hit ones are good for dodge away from.

Changing stances[COLOR] - what made combat dynamic before - not is useless since it take forever to cool-down range powers and most of range counterparts of good melee powers is not really good now for combat HR.
    - Boars hide goes away in 1 sec.
    - Thorn can not be places 2.
    - Fox cunning is useless with 10 atacks at once.
    - Constructive is 1 second of useless stun
    - Split sky - takes for ever to place - even thought you will can use it at start of combat. But price for it - you use 1 melee encounter that can trigger flurry.
    - Rain of sword is so buggy now - had never triggers flurry with it. It was crazy 50% change to get it used before. Now seem even more useless power.
    -Bears trap was a joke even before - now for combat HR is even more useless.Maybe somebody will use it at start of combat in someway.

Only kinda fun way to play combat HR is now - to use Mara, Fox, and your flavor of 3rd - . This will allow you to engage/disengage combat and use your range powers sometimes. But remember damage for them is very low in comparison to archer and you will not get any control as a trapper. Plus you will not benefit from life steal in range stance. This will be now 80% combat HR combination for PvP. Mostly pathfinders due to nerfs of stormstep action and Split sky and better dot damage from careful attack then from aimed strike with more synergy on double hit we have as combat.

Archer is more fun and way more damage in pve. But he is squisher that combat and relly more on distance from enemy.So benefits form archery are lost very fast due to huge amount of enemies that can engage you very fast. This is funny part - archer need to use lone wolf to get less squishy now and be able to with stand some damage before he can get away and have more distance. Im not very much good as an archer but having to loose fox cunning due to need to use mara or having both mara an fox is very costly. Price for it will be either less ways to trigger Pray - archers alpha, or more damage taken. Im still working on my archer play but I find is ok way when you have
    - fox/mara -way to escape some damage or do some descent damage in melee
    - thorn/rain - areal
    - Binding arrow/Hindering - keep agro.

Trapper - is fun but hard or big enemies does get rooted - and as result - no damage to them) At the same time CW can easily freeze more enemies ground and do it fast. this path probably requires some control bonus as armor/artifact/weapon - maybe in this case you can get better result on agro. But bosses are control resist )

WE do need to have changes from ayroux and me implemented
    - Damage and deflect severity rather then heal!
    - CC bracker rather then Heal!
    - Rework of enocunter to make them useful instead of nefred ones we have now!
    - Range encounter benefiting from 25 feet area for combat and melee benefiting in someway for archer!
    - Trapper need more damage or survival feet!
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Feedback: delete this thread or actually listen to people not begging for nerfs. The CWs wanted their shard back and you gave them a whole explanation on why they couldn't but we've been asking for constricting and haven't even got a word.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Suggestion:

Hold off on any HR changes until after mod 4 release and you have time to finish. Not sure why there is a rush to put this out in what seems to be half broken. GF seems like it is done, CW is almost finished but has some OP items that need addressed and between our feat tree's and powers, we dont seem to be complete.

I also want to ask (if anyone is listening) if the nature/buff powers need to be reworked. We lost the nature tree so these powers should be looked at to be something more in line with the trapper feat set.

thedemien wrote: »
    I probably will keep one with 17k GS. just because it took s*t load of time and AD to get there.

I have 3 HR's with tons of ad put in also, basically made one for each feat tree and so i could have different builds. Plus I really used to have alot of fun. I have been on preview but it's not been fun and you make valid points. I wont delete them but I had thought the idea of the revamp was to make each tree more unique. At least before tenacity you could use all 3 in pvp/pve. My own personal opinion is that it almost alienated the feat tree's. Now you have to be pvp with one spec.. pve with another and maybe both on the 3rd but none of them seem to do those things well.

Thankfully CW's are more powerful than ever and GF's became crazy powerful...
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Well looks like our changes our official. Not sure I understand why they would release us in this state, because it doesnt seem to be pertinent to mod 4 but here it is

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6008053
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

- there is no alternative for PvP but Combat
    - Combat feels clunky. Encounters have huge cooldowns and there is no way to reduce it any longer
    - Combat gamestyle is as boring as it gets
    - Constrictive Arrow as it is now is completely, fully useless. None of the versions is usable.

Suggestions:

1. VERY IMPORTANT: Please make Archery viable again in PvP. Archery has no way of surviving as of now, and the useful stuff that it had is gone in favor of insufficient damage buffs (for PvP)
    2. The Constrictive nerf is too much. There needs to be middleground and balance, do not make it entirely useless.
    3. The reduce cooldowns on crit/melee enc. mechanic was the most interesting thing this class had; Please bring it back. It promoted rewards for skillful play.
    4. Tone down overall damage, but give back bonuses such as mentioned above for skillful execution

Conclusion:

The HR got really boring :( It is still kinda tanky, yet it will easily die to a CW (well, of course lol). The cooldowns are huge and there's no way getting around it. The +damage mechanics are as lazy as Assailant and Storm Spell.

We need things to be fast, and less boring, and for skill to be rewarded.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Since my HR is now going to be pretty horrible for both PVE and PVP compared to most other classes, can you please make artifacts unbound on them so we can transfer them to other classes?

Oh and I fixed your announcement of changes for you:

The trees are now Archery, Combat, and Trapper. Archery is a sniper who focuses on landing precise shots that deal incredible damage, which are useless in PVE since you need AOE damage there. Combat is a tough melee fighter who strikes with precision flurries of blows and deflects incoming damage, who once CC'ed will fold faster than a drunk Frenchman in PVP. Trapper is a hybrid who controls his foes with Grasping Roots and switches smoothly from one stance to another, getting benefits from both while staying relatively safe from harm, all the while doing no damage and basically just existing for the amusement of your teammates as they watch you hit so many buttons for so little effect.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, Archer is ok for PvE. The new dungeon and skirmish don´t have too many mobs and Aimed Shot is amazing with Prey. With my Archer I outdamaged everybody so far, except SW with the bugged combinations that have been fixed and in the last couple of days CWs with the new feats.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited August 2014
    Well I wish everybody to find their way as Hunter Ranger in new CW/SW/GF world.
    As for me this is tomb on most interesting class in game - one that was mostly skill and proper usage of powers at its start and got nerfed to boring 3 click play.

PS and as announce sad nothing about respect or power retrain - i guess we will just get paths changes available. As for it states that dev don't care about synergy of basic feats, characteristics rolls, and build ups, powers selected and that thing that people builded their HR from level one to 3rd campaign boons just to shine in specific way- Archer, Combat or Nature. Not really something to cry about - like mentioned it will couple or more levels of overflow for powers. But changing entire style of play will be costly. Guess Ill take a break on HR for a bit.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Though i cannot comment about pvp because i dont use my ranger for it (really don't want to use that cheesy armor set on live). But i tested trapper and i really like the changes. I always preferred playing as a hybrid (stance switching) ranger and thorned roots gives me a new option (constricting arrow) for aoe. and the capstone + serpent change is great too.

Can't say much about archery. But combat was the way for pvp before so don't see what changed there. fought some HRs as another class in preview and they seem just as silly as they are now.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited August 2014

Since my HR is now going to be pretty horrible for both PVE and PVP compared to most other classes, can you please make artifacts unbound on them so we can transfer them to other classes?

Oh and I fixed your announcement of changes for you:

The trees are now Archery, Combat, and Trapper. Archery is a sniper who focuses on landing precise shots that deal incredible damage, which are useless in PVE since you need AOE damage there. Combat is a tough melee fighter who strikes with precision flurries of blows and deflects incoming damage, who once CC'ed will fold faster than a drunk Frenchman in PVP. Trapper is a hybrid who controls his foes with Grasping Roots and switches smoothly from one stance to another, getting benefits from both while staying relatively safe from harm, all the while doing no damage and basically just existing for the amusement of your teammates as they watch you hit so many buttons for so little effect.

I would frame this if I could.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Well, from as bad of perspective as it seems, I think the devs did a fine job. The only "problem" with HR live is the bugged set. Do you guys remember how was pvp before the set? For me, it was hell. I pug with a 12k HR until I got profound and it sucked hard. The fixes were made and I feel we are not that bad (except while facing cws). I think the Wilds went victorious, everyone wanted to nerf us so wildly that even Ayroux's nerf-nerf feedback started looking nice, because the comunity wanted HR to be less than garbage. I might sound too optimistic, but I think it was positive. Some stuff still needs to show up (a way to get 10 charges of WM, CC break and a decent CC form).

Cheers
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why has combat been nerfed? Are our blades just for show now? Well looks like my two fave classes are dead yay...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    Can't say much about archery. But combat was the way for pvp before so don't see what changed there. fought some HRs as another class in preview and they seem just as silly as they are now.
    Actually some the more effective builds post-Pathfinder were Archery based, and there was a good mix of Archery and Combat specs in PvP with even the occasional Nature buffbot.

Now it's go Combat or go home. The very opposite of the stated aim of build diversity.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    Actually some the more effective builds post-Pathfinder were Archery based, and there was a good mix of Archery and Combat specs in PvP with even the occasional Nature buffbot.

Now it's go Combat or go home. The very opposite of the stated aim of build diversity.

Combat probably pathfinder still will be top on pvp. Im curious about any possible way of using Archery build and build styles from people who know how to play it better. Is there really no chance for archer now for pvp? Also what is a better now in your opinion for archer/combat/trapper - stormwarden or pathfinder?
    With this changes pretty much live now I'd like to really see if somebody have any working combination of skills and build that may work in anyway?

Trapper by my testing is useless now at all - after this chill changes for CW and CW being able to freeze to ground much more enemies and deal rediculios amount of damage to them - having trapper rooting 1-3 enemy in pve or no player in pvp with constructive and now damage still low I don't see trapper at all as playable path. Except for case - see this is what HR could be. Not to note that you really can not root giants and any big or bossy enemies - and as result not bonus damage applies
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not to note that you really can not root giants and any big or bossy enemies - and as result not bonus damage applies

Does the half damage to control-immune targets not work?
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trapper by my testing is useless now at all - after this chill changes for CW and CW being able to freeze to ground much more enemies and deal rediculios amount of damage to them - having trapper rooting 1-3 enemy in pve or no player in pvp with constructive and now damage still low I don't see trapper at all as playable path. Except for case - see this is what HR could be. Not to note that you really can not root giants and any big or bossy enemies - and as result not bonus damage applies

From my tests the roots is just a small bonus, but the tree makes constricting arrow a decent AOE and also buffs hindering strike into a very hard hitting AOE (more than fox strike). and then theres that capstone damage buff etc. I find using hindering/constricting + rain of arrows, is quite a nice pve setup.

As for PvP i pretty much the same with most classes, having just the 1 good spec. I quite like these changes for PvE however. PvP will still be the mess it always has been.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    From my tests the roots is just a small bonus, but the tree makes constricting arrow a decent AOE and also buffs hindering strike into a very hard hitting AOE (more than fox strike). and then theres that capstone damage buff etc. I find using hindering/constricting + rain of arrows, is quite a nice pve setup.

As for PvP i pretty much the same with most classes, having just the 1 good spec. I quite like these changes for PvE however. PvP will still be the mess it always has been.

Trapper is ok in PvE, except for some boss fights (Valindra, Malabog and Lostmauth) where it's way behind an archer.
    I tested it with the same encounters and it works well, but when you need high single-target DPS the Trapper is lacking while the other controller-DPS (the CW) shines all time.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Combat probably pathfinder still will be top on pvp. Im curious about any possible way of using Archery build and build styles from people who know how to play it better. Is there really no chance for archer now for pvp? Also what is a better now in your opinion for archer/combat/trapper - stormwarden or pathfinder?
    With this changes pretty much live now I'd like to really see if somebody have any working combination of skills and build that may work in anyway?

I haven't tested in PvP but Archer now has no CC and no healing from set bonus, so survivability is going to be minimal. You'd have to work as a pure sniper, using ME and terrain to maintain distance and break line of sight. That won't be effective or popular with most PuGs where fighting on point is paramount. I'll probably give it a try as I'm an Archer at heart but I'm levelling a pure Combat optimised toon just in case.

Trapper is similarly not viable in PvP but there are some good PvE builds available.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Does the half damage to control-immune targets not work?
    I think it does work still. Have not seen any big damage dealt to giants. At the same time it is half of the damage - that is yet not very big.

But like stated by grimah
    hindering strike into a very hard hitting AOE

At the same time we lack single target damage for bosses. There might be a way to increase it with switching stances still.
    About pvp - there were couple of builds based on "Aspect of serpent" before. But in mod 3 they were easily out shined by archer/constructive or combat/careful

Also one thing that is notices both for archer and trapper -we might need aofLW as our at-must feet for some of survival.

Im keep getting all argo in parties now with archer - even with 9% thread decrease from dog
    And it makes me think that with changes that thread is now only bases on damage and not distance - it will be even worse. This is not in official announce but was stated by devs as a change. At the same time official announce states people what to play HR as clean archer and clean combat mostly as long as GF will be able to hold more damage with their new shield - so I would not trust announce at all.

As result - tapper will have 2 at-must feet as serpent and aofLF. or serpent and battlehonned maybe...
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Any of you try working aimed strike into your build Its DoT can hit hard and i am having very good results with it
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    Any of you try working aimed strike into your build Its DoT can hit hard and i am having very good results with it

Aimed strike is good thing true. But instead you will loose change for blade storm/ twin-blade storm and possible Split the sky - even nerfed.

But ill probably switch back to Pathfinder anyway.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Suggestion to change Marauder's Escape and Marauder's Rush to give CC immunity. Right now a lot of classes have been buffed to get CC immunity, while HR still seems rather weak against CC's. If we can have just this 1 skill to time it right to actually escape as the name suggest.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    Suggestion to change Marauder's Escape and Marauder's Rush to give CC immunity. Right now a lot of classes have been buffed to get CC immunity, while HR still seems rather weak against CC's. If we can have just this 1 skill to time it right to actually escape as the name suggest.

Good suggestion
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • snuff1988snuff1988 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When this class is balanced for pve. Split and Sky is currently not useful class collects amazing aggro despite a companion -25%, which is sick. Not to mention the fact that HR should be a class with a lot of AoE skills. And as a matter of split shot is the only skill that makes sense, rain of arrows is more suitable for single targets (barefoot)on whole groups of mobs that are scattered by other classes in half of the map.
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I havent had much time to play the archer/hunter class (partly due to complileing probelms caused by the city neverwinter I would explain but im on new member posting probation and thats a general bug and feedback) but I can voice that originaly the ranger (hunter/archer) was profecent in not just long range (they were a long range tank) but had a melee mode that made them a dangeriou and powerful DPS character even without their bow. the only real D&D class to ever be contradictory where dualweild (medium to light weapons basses on class)was more a defence mechinisum was the Arcane Archer (Elf and half elf only type prestige class)

Thus I belive the best sugestion is to take the hunter/archer and add a melee mode that automaticaly turns on when they have to get up close and personal that focuses more on the automatic side of the fighting format as oppose to the trigger bassed skills (like the theif cahracter) carrying a few high powered hits but mostly automacaly triggered skills. The weapon of choise beign dual rapers or longswords or you can let the players desice if they want a longer weapon in one hand and a shorter in the other this is a area up for debait depindant on your equpiting system.

again I stress due to a effect known as "Snowballing" and I am slightly embarissed I would have to explain this to the developers, I will be explaining the effects in full when I make the thread in regards to it. due to a hacker attack on my system 5 yearss ago that was barly fixable I am unable to play this game for extended periods of time if i get snowballing in every main city, therefore I havent gotten to actualy level my hunter very much or to a point I would like to today because of this snowball effect. its more the stress it inflicts on the processing space as appose to the grafics content.
  • soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ancient Roots from trapper tree only reduces dot's dps, but doesn't affect on control duration anyway - it's a bug!

Master Trapper should grants at least 20% damage boost and +40% control duration (e.g., currently it can do nothing against melee hr's health restoring and Crowd Control race bonus)

Melee hr's careful attack & blade hurricane & plague fire enchantment combo deals twice more damage than should: bugged damage triggers I suppose
  • sexykimberlysexykimberly Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Marauder's Escape should give cc immunity. Piercing Blade should deal more damage. Otherwise, no chance against god mode op GWF.
  • fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My currently build is an archery only ranger, so I need rooting or binding abilities to keep tough enemies at maximum range (where I get a bunch of damage bonuses) but none of the ones provided to the Hunter Ranger seem to work.

the wiki says that neither weak or strong grasping roots actually root, instead use leashing or rubber-band mechanics, but i've seen neither of these.

Constricting Arrow seems to hold the enemies in place for as long as the "bound by roots" animation lasts (1 second, maybe two?) but doesn't slow or leash the enemies at all, (A second look at the tooltip shows that this encounter doesn't mention the Grasping Roots mechanic at all)

The encounter that applies weak grasping roots (Hindering shot?) seems to do nothing at all.

I mean, a little down arrow appears on the target, they take basic damage and get an arrow stick in their leg, but i successfully lured a zombie through three or four rooms in a foundry mission not ten minutes ago, after shooting him with hindering shot. The wiki entry says that it binds enemies to 30ft of where they were hit with this ability, but I saw no sign of that at all.

No noticeable difference in speed, or leashing effect whatsoever.

Binding Arrow Claims to apply "Strong Grasping Roots" but neither the wiki or the tooltip mention what this actually does after dealing the basic damage of the ability, I'm not seeing any sort of slow, root or leashing effect at all.

Is the Grasping Roots Mechanic broken?

edit: was wrong about Constricting Arrow, it doesn't apply grasping roots at all, which explains why it actually has a noticeable (if short) effect.
    edited September 2014
    My currently build is an archery only ranger, so I need rooting or binding abilities to keep tough enemies at maximum range (where I get a bunch of damage bonuses) but none of the ones provided to the Hunter Ranger seem to work.

the wiki says that neither weak or strong grasping roots actually root, instead use leashing or rubber-band mechanics, but i've seen neither of these.

Constricting Arrow seems to hold the enemies in place for as long as the "bound by roots" animation lasts (1 second, maybe two?) but doesn't slow or leash the enemies at all, (A second look at the tooltip shows that this encounter doesn't mention the Grasping Roots mechanic at all)

Roots on HR are more of a snare and Constricting was a stun... Names are misleading I know. When HR's were first released everyone QQ'd and they nerfed roots because they said the rubberbanding was too powerful. Devs listened and made them worthless so no one uses them. Strong grasping roots are what weak used to be.. but probably still less powerful.

Than HR's used Contricting because it was a decent encounter and better than roots which did nothing. 3 short stuns is what it came out to. Was effective against CW's especially. CW's QQ'd. They changed this to be a root which is why no one really uses it. Changes were also made to Fox Shift because of QQ'ing multiple times in case you were wondering.

So just slot boar's and you will rarely uses those other encounters ever again. In pvp you will most likely use marauders, boars and fox shift. In pve you will probably use thorn, RoA/S and fox shift. Other than that not much else is worth putting points into for encounter powers. At least until they nerf one of these powers because someone else QQ'd.

Welcome to the diverse class that is the Hunter Ranger! I would say nothing is broken... its all WAI.
    GShBCGl.jpg