test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Changes

Comments

• thesleeper55thesleeper55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2014
    I am really mystified with the actions the devs are forcing us to go, each class has several options available to the players who want to play that class. Offensive versus defensive, each class has that choice with their weapon and armor stats. Not us, we are being forced into a cookie cutter defense based role, that's what these new changes are focused upon, we are to sit and wait to be acted upon (taking damage) before we can react or give damage.

The weapon stats prove this out and the armor stats prove this out, we are supposed to stand and act like a sponge, just stand there and soak up the damage and hit like we are equipped with a wet noodle. Guys all games in this day and age are about DPS, everyone wants to deal massive loads of it, brag about it so forth and so on. DPS was the first form of Cc and it still holds true in just about every game, he who does the most damage controls the mob.

Look at our weapon stats, I took our highest T2.5 weapon, "Fomorian fabled and compared it to the GWF and a DC" take a look:

GWF:
    823-1006 damage
    1727 power
    289 crit
    133 recovery
    133 deflect

Set bonus: +450 crit

DC:
    686-838 Damage
    1727 Power
    289 Crit
    133 Recovery
    133 A/P

Set bonus: +450 Power

GF:
    549-671 Damage
    1119 Power
    133 Recovery
    289 Def
    289 Deflect
    133 Regen

Set Bonus: +450 Def

A dang DC (a healer) has a better offensive weapon then we do, a dc should have our weapon and we should have theirs:
    +137-167 damage
    +608 power
    +289 Crit
    Recovery even
    +133 A/P
    -289 def
    -289 deflect
    -133 regen

Set bonus: +450 power

Changing just our weapon would help out not only the Pve guys but also and perhaps more so the PvP guys.

Unless I have been mislead Crush has stated he is not going to raise our weapon stats, so we are stuck with a limp noodle for a weapon, one more based on defense than offense. Under the current builds, skills and stats look at how much more effective in offense we would be with the dc's weapon stats. Plus this does not take into account their offhand.

In the beginning of MMO's each class had a distinct role to play in groups:
    The controller ( pull the mob and hold it)
    The kiter (Kite the adds away and kill them)
    The healer (self explanatory)
    The nuker (Kill everything the controller held)

That changed over the course of years because everyone wanted DPS, so DPS became the king. DPS controls the mobs, that's why in all other games the player that does the most damage controls the mob.

I'm sorry but I just do not feel the path Crush is forcing us to go is the correct one. Not when simple buffs and stat changes could be implemented "FIRST". You do not totally rebuild something when a simple repair would take care of it, that's like replacing the tire on your car when all it needs is some air.
    Our weapons every set is defense stat'd.
    Our armors every set but 1 is defense stat'd and the stats on that one set are not that good.

I just cannot help but feel these changes he is implementing is because of some future class that's going to be brought in later, similar to the nerfs CW's are taking to herald in the new warlock class.
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    The best part about the new capstone IMO

10% crit chance!!!!

And why can't the current Reckless Attacker feat that runs at the live server just get additional crit chance without completely overhauling it? Oh, that's right, it 'cannot', because changing it was an inescapable consequence with the introduction of the questionable idea of this stamina-guard!

This PvP focused section of playerbase that pushes for the proposed Reckless Attacker feat (the one that works with 'stacks) keeps awefully quite about the option to just improve existing things. And the reason they fight the option to just improve things tooth and nail is that that they want the stamina-guard.

The PvP focused section however is a minority, it is focused on a minority of the game (PvE is what Neverwinter primarily is!). They don't want to improve ('making something that already exists better') GFs, but instead making us something else by overhauling and twisting the class to make it fit to their desires more than one year after the game has gone live. They don't care about the negative backlash their proposed deep reaching changes have for other pillars of how our class works, and they tolerate the new bugs (from which only some are known) that inevitably come along with these deep changes.

They seem to be ok with any scale of hazardous fallout, and as much as I have respect for PvP focuses players - that is too much! Keep the old guard/block mechanic and the old Reckless Attacker feat, just buff the guard/block and maybe the Reckless Attacker feat. (I'd love to stand up for fellow tacticians and protectors and discuss improvements for them, since they need it more than us conquerors, but what I wrote here about has priority.)
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ctf4void wrote: »
    And why can't the current Reckless Attacker feat that runs at the live server just get additional crit chance without completely overhauling it? Oh, that's right, it 'cannot', because changing it was an inescapable consequence with the introduction of the questionable idea of this stamina-guard!

This PvP focused section of playerbase that pushes for the proposed Reckless Attacker feat (the one that works with 'stacks) keeps awefully quite about the option to just improve existing things. And the reason they fight the option to just improve things tooth and nail is that that they want the stamina-guard.

The PvP focused section however is a minority, it is focused on a minority of the game (PvE is what Neverwinter primarily is!). They don't want to improve ('making something that already exists better') GFs, but instead making us something else by overhauling and twisting the class to make it fit to their desires more than one year after the game has gone live. They don't care about the negative backlash their proposed deep reaching changes have for other pillars of how our class works, and they tolerate the new bugs (from which only some are known) that inevitably come along with these deep changes.

They seem to be ok with any scale of hazardous fallout, and as much as I have respect for PvP focuses players - that is too much! Keep the old guard/block mechanic and the old Reckless Attacker feat, just buff the guard/block and maybe the Reckless Attacker feat. (I'd love to stand up for fellow tacticians and protectors and discuss improvements for them, since they need it more than us conquerors, but what I wrote here about has priority.)

The PVP people are not quiet about putting 10% crit chance on the current reckless. Block on live currently blows. One plague fire can take your block out in seconds. It is delayed, even when feated and with profound gear takes what? 11 hits and it is gone? In PVE against a big boss fight with adds it is gone in a matter of seconds. Do none of you PVE GF's use Supremacy of Steel and Knight's Valor? Do you guys realize that this new block function makes that work perfectly. Basically you are reducing 50% of incoming damage to your team HALF the time. All else aside, that is AMAZING. A healer could keep up with healing you if that was the case, and the other three could tra la la la la whatever they want. Not to mention you putting plague on anything that hits you or your teammates, or lightning, or bile, or whatever you'd like.

The current block + capstone SUCKS! PVE - sure you can get away without blocking, but not in those hectic fights where you pretend to be the tank, in PVP you cannnnnnot get away without blocking all the time, against Cw's you have to block, TR's you have to block or be eaten alive granted they haven't went perma, GWF's you have to block or again, they murder you, so you are allllllways losing that capstone, Clerics are really the only class you don't have to block against in pvp.

PVE - take Draco fight, if you are kiting the adds around you have to hold up block, if you are running them in a circle sure, less than you would, but you also wouldn't be attacking, if you are on the draco, you HAVE to block or get crushed. If you can't dodge a hand you have to block it or it is near death. Just beacuse we pvp doesn't mean we don't or haven't PVE'd. We got all our T2 sets just like you guys, we had to PVE for boons, artifacts and such, we aren't clueless lol.

The current block decreases power is a joke. The idea that you can block AND deal damage is amazing. Sure, if they added 10% crit all the time to the current capstone and removed the 100% depending on your guard/stamina meter, then yeah I would love it. But he is NOT going to do that, it is just too overpowered and there is not enough risk and not skill involved in building up your capstone.
  • shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This simple solutions is to buff the new block and new RA, so there is no questions if it is better. Its not like the current one on preview is OP by any stretch of the imagination.

Crush... we are all eagerly awaiting your next update...
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am really mystified with the actions the devs are forcing us to go, each class has several options available to the players who want to play that class. Offensive versus defensive, each class has that choice with their weapon and armor stats. Not us, we are being forced into a cookie cutter defense based role, that's what these new changes are focused upon, we are to sit and wait to be acted upon (taking damage) before we can react or give damage.

The weapon stats prove this out and the armor stats prove this out, we are supposed to stand and act like a sponge, just stand there and soak up the damage and hit like we are equipped with a wet noodle. Guys all games in this day and age are about DPS, everyone wants to deal massive loads of it, brag about it so forth and so on. DPS was the first form of Cc and it still holds true in just about every game, he who does the most damage controls the mob.

Look at our weapon stats, I took our highest T2.5 weapon, "Fomorian fabled and compared it to the GWF and a DC" take a look:

GWF:
    823-1006 damage
    1727 power
    289 crit
    133 recovery
    133 deflect

Set bonus: +450 crit

DC:
    686-838 Damage
    1727 Power
    289 Crit
    133 Recovery
    133 A/P

Set bonus: +450 Power

GF:
    549-671 Damage
    1119 Power
    133 Recovery
    289 Def
    289 Deflect
    133 Regen

Set Bonus: +450 Def

A dang DC (a healer) has a better offensive weapon then we do, a dc should have our weapon and we should have theirs:
    +137-167 damage
    +608 power
    +289 Crit
    Recovery even
    +133 A/P
    -289 def
    -289 deflect
    -133 regen

Set bonus: +450 power

Changing just our weapon would help out not only the Pve guys but also and perhaps more so the PvP guys.

Unless I have been mislead Crush has stated he is not going to raise our weapon stats, so we are stuck with a limp noodle for a weapon, one more based on defense than offense. Under the current builds, skills and stats look at how much more effective in offense we would be with the dc's weapon stats. Plus this does not take into account their offhand.

In the beginning of MMO's each class had a distinct role to play in groups:
    The controller ( pull the mob and hold it)
    The kiter (Kite the adds away and kill them)
    The healer (self explanatory)
    The nuker (Kill everything the controller held)

That changed over the course of years because everyone wanted DPS, so DPS became the king. DPS controls the mobs, that's why in all other games the player that does the most damage controls the mob.

I'm sorry but I just do not feel the path Crush is forcing us to go is the correct one. Not when simple buffs and stat changes could be implemented "FIRST". You do not totally rebuild something when a simple repair would take care of it, that's like replacing the tire on your car when all it needs is some air.
    Our weapons every set is defense stat'd.
    Our armors every set but 1 is defense stat'd and the stats on that one set are not that good.

I just cannot help but feel these changes he is implementing is because of some future class that's going to be brought in later, similar to the nerfs CW's are taking to herald in the new warlock class.

Add to that, all Enchants are based off Weapon Damage! we are screwed still...
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • thesleeper55thesleeper55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2014
    Here is something else for all you guys to think about>>>> Money.

When the new ranger paragon was brought out there were no re-specs issued, even though it was a completely new paragon path. Those players had to suck it up and re roll a new toon, or if their base stats were ok buying a re-spec. Re-equipping a new toon gets expensive, armors, enchants, artifacts etc.

So we are looking at that, plus if you built your toon specifically for the conq tree and set his base stats for it, High str, mid con and mid dex, now this new change is going to favor dex, so ohh well that means a new toon since you cannot change your base stats.

Not only that since this new rebuild highlights, crit, ouch those of us with PF, or terrors will now have to sell and buy a vorpal, (already the most expensive enchant on the market, which because of this change will skyrocket in price like the gear for the rangers did after that change)......
    edited July 2014
    The PVP people are not quiet about putting 10% crit chance on the current reckless.
    Assuming with 'current' you mean the one that is currently at the preview server - yeah we hear you (too well).
    If you mean the Reckless attacker feat as it is at the live server, then it would mean also that you are against the stamina-guard, because the two are conntected. And this is why: Gentlemancrush wrote explicitly that the proposed change of the Reckless Attacker feat was a consequence of the stamina-guard, here is the quote:
    Additionally we are reworking Reckless Attacker to make more sense with the new block
    No new Reckless attacker with 'stacks' means no stamina-guard.
    Block on live currently blows.
    Yes, block on live currently is not good enough. And the easiest way to fix this is to improve it, NOT change it. Several ways to improve it have already been mentioned in this thread. The reaction to them by the proponents of the stamina-guard? - Silence. Also, if you dislike it that much, why do you want to play a GF? Do you even still play GF actively? I think ayroux said he didn't play GF the last three months. This looks to me like you don't love the class, but that you want to twist the class into something you guys want.
    Do none of you PVE GF's use Supremacy of Steel and Knight's Valor?
    Experienced PvE players have already pointed out at several occasions that Supremacy of Steel has limited use, especially in strong parties which don't take much damage at all since they simply control and dps everything down in seconds before the mobs can act in any relevant way. And it is exactly these parties that we GFs need improvements for to get invited by them.
    The current block decreases power is a joke.
    In powerfull parties that control and dps everything down in seconds tanking isn't needed. What else is then left to justifiy taking a GF for them? - The dps, control and party affecting buffs a GF provides is left. Since the GF won't have to block much anyway, his guard meter will be pretty full and thus he deals more dps with the conq. capstone feat that is at the live server, and that means a higher chance to get invited. In the weaker parties on the other hand, the GF will block quite some amounts of attacks, but these kind of parties are fine with the GF not dealing that much damage, since they have a significant need for a 'tank'.
    With the capstone feat the proponents of the stamina-guard want, you will deal less damage in strong parties and thus the chance to get invited in these parties is even lower, since building 'stacks' won't happen if the mobs are busy with experiencing their dead bodies falling slowly and peacefully like snowflakes out of an arcane singularity. In weak parties you would have no problem holding the 'stacks' most of the time, and thus deal more damage. But there there already is enough incentive to invite a GF among these kind of parties, since they need tanking.
    Regarding the proposed Reckless Attacker feat at the preview server, I don't call that synergy.
    PVE - take Draco fight, if you are kiting the adds around you have to hold up block, if you are running them in a circle sure, less than you would, but you also wouldn't be attacking, if you are on the draco, you HAVE to block or get crushed.
    Yes, the Dracolich fight at the live server is very difficult for a GF trying to mainly tank, but rare fights like these in the game don't necessarily call for twisting our class to better the situation. Improving guard/block as it as at the live server (NOT changing HOW it works! IMPROVING it!), reducing casting times like the one of fighter's recovery or improving our damage reduction in general are just a few available solutions to this. Blocking shouldn't be the only tool we have to deal with adds that want our head. It brings fun to choose from different options, to choose carefully when to block and to deal with the time span when your guard is broken by evading, using fighter's recovery, artifacts that make you immune to damage and other possibilities. And finally: The Dracolich fight takes place in Castle Never - Castle Never, not the cloak tower.
    The idea that you can block AND deal damage is amazing.
    I'd be carefull what you are wishing here for, becuase that increases our similarity with the GWF who can attack and use unstoppable at the same time. The paragon path swapping already was bad enough. Let's stay a distinct class with distinct characteristcs. If the two classes become too similar, what's the point in having two of them? Side issue: In a quite lmited way you already can block and deal damage at the same time at the live server. It is called 'aggravating strike' and 'shield slam'.
    Sure, if they added 10% crit all the time to the current capstone and removed the 100% depending on your guard/stamina meter, then yeah I would love it. But he is NOT going to do that, it is just too overpowered ...

You can improve the Reckless Attacker feat at the live server without making it overpowered. Leave it as it is, but make it provide additionaly +3% crit. (But I am realy uncomfortable with throwing numbers around me here, I am open to reduce or incresase that).

Also what Gentlemancrush is going to do is unknown to us. But when I look at this Thread I see it has already 66 pages (much more than the other official class feedback threads), major disagreements and nearly conflicts, and that despite our class beeing supposed to get buffs and despite there are fewer GF players than players of other classes. The proposed changes go against a majority that favors a buffed old guard/block mechanic over any stamina-guard, and already there are players saying these deep reaching changes will breake the neck of the GF class, and have announced they will quit if this goes live, even in this thread.
    It is therefore very well in Gentlemencrush's interest to scrap these proposed changes, especially the stamina-guard!

*cough* post #448 *cough*
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Also what Gentlemancrush is going to do is unknown to us. But when I look at this Thread I see it has already 66 pages (much more than the other official class feedback threads), major disagreements and nearly conflicts, and that despite our class beeing supposed to get buffs and despite there are fewer GF players than players of other classes. The proposed changes go against a majority that favors a buffed old guard/block mechanic over any stamina-guard, and already there are players saying these deep reaching changes will breake the neck of the GF class, and have announced they will quit if this goes live, even in this thread.
    It is therefore very well in Gentlemencrush's interest to scrap these proposed changes, especially the stamina-guard!

even though he already stated the new guard is here to stay so get used to it and lets work on improving it. because right now it can be mitigated and it should be fixed soon according to crush.

i say good let them quit, and to this i say all these people complaining probably have never actually been on the preview server and have never tested the new block mechanic out and are just qq'ing because of change. speaking of which a good player will adapt and find new ways to utilize these skills. old block blows on live and if you cant see how much better the stamina/guard is then your deluding yourself.

greater movement speed to position yourself, immune to cc(all cc) , increased survivability through movement, longer duration no more guard break on small hits VS slow sluggish movement, cc with guard up, no survivability from guard breaks, guard destroyed in seconds. sorry but i choose the new one over the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we had before.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    even though he already stated the new guard is here to stay so get used to it and lets work on improving it. because right now it can be mitigated and it should be fixed soon according to crush.

i say good let them quit, and to this i say all these people complaining probably have never actually been on the preview server and have never tested the new block mechanic out and are just qq'ing because of change. speaking of which a good player will adapt and find new ways to utilize these skills. old block blows on live and if you cant see how much better the stamina/guard is then your deluding yourself.

greater movement speed to position yourself, immune to cc(all cc) , increased survivability through movement, longer duration no more guard break on small hits VS slow sluggish movement, cc with guard up, no survivability from guard breaks, guard destroyed in seconds. sorry but i choose the new one over the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we had before.

I agree i HATED the new block to start with but then after actually testing it many times against other players and mods i can say that It is already better even with he bugs. We can close gaps faster and kite better, cc immunity, shield lasts longer and more ways to recharge it.

Plus the changes like more crit and dmg with more hp I have to say I was not expecting this, the gf is actually a good class now.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I agree i HATED the new block to start with but then after actually testing it many times against other players and mods i can say that It is already better even with he bugs. We can close gaps faster and kite better, cc immunity, shield lasts longer and more ways to recharge it.

Plus the changes like more crit and dmg with more hp I have to say I was not expecting this, the gf is actually a good class now.

it will be even better once crush fixes the DR mechanic on it like he said he would literally making us imho a tank but since our guard is bugged and does not take into account our DR deflect and tenacity and cant be mitigated it is hurting us speaking of which hopefully we shall get some feedback from crush he has posted in the GWF forum he should come here and clarify some things for us.

also for everyone just reading they dont understand that the new RA capstone is bugged and only is giving us the first stack and not counting the other 4 but the crit one works fine and i even tested it but i refuse to play conqueror protector for life lol
    edited July 2014
    ill continue playing guardian till the day the release paladin then retire it
    edited July 2014

So we are looking at that, plus if you built your toon specifically for the conq tree and set his base stats for it, High str, mid con and mid dex, now this new change is going to favor dex, so ohh well that means a new toon since you cannot change your base stats.

Not only that since this new rebuild highlights, crit, ouch those of us with PF, or terrors will now have to sell and buy a vorpal, (already the most expensive enchant on the market, which because of this change will skyrocket in price like the gear for the rangers did after that change)......

ummm why would it favor dex? dex does not give us anything except deflection and ArP and aoe resist so explain how dex is going to help us with vorpal. also 10% crit is no reason to go out and buy a brand new spanking perfect vorpal when you can do just fine with terror or plague considering the new buff to mark.

and no those prices sky rocketed because HR's can get insane amounts of crit just like TR's. so you had 2 classes that could use them to the best extent even cw's but your lucky if you can break 39-34% crit on a guardian without having to sacrafice another stat
    edited July 2014
    From what I have found via testing. Our block is not where it is going to be.

Block

Block is capped at 80% DR. And since it is DR, things like thornward can reduce it zero, so I am holding my shield and taking full damage. So once that is fixed it will be a beast. I was able to keep near continuous block for 50 seconds of a minute, and that was max feated, max artifacts, max strength, max stamina gain via boons, so that could be good, but it should be increased because with that set up you aren't going to hurt anything. But like I said, currently it can be mitigated to nothing

Capstone

5% damage is rough testing right now, the crit is ok, but 20% damage increase will be a BIG noticeable difference.

Before anyone tests again

Lets let Crush fix the block, if it is meant to be mitigated, then I would then suggest a revert and leaving the capstone where it is. If our block can be mitigated, there are some classes that can reduce it zero, essentially making it useless.

im going to keep bumping this fact since the last 20 pages have flushed it out and we have yet to get a response on this other than something something about DR not being recognized yes thats a problem but this is also a big issue.
    edited July 2014

This is still at the preview server, and thus not final. The old guard/block mechanism and therefore a major part of what makes a GF a GF is lost when it's lost, and not a second sooner.
    i say good let them quit ...
    Be very carefull with the spirits that you summon, you might not be able to put them back into the bottle - A mmorpg needs players, and once they have left, it is unlikely that they will come back. By the way, it should make you really think twice that players react in this way when their class is supposedly to get 'buffed'.
    ... and to this i say all these people complaining probably have never actually been on the preview server and have never tested the new block mechanic out and are just qq'ing because of change.

I have been joining the preview server regularly, and I have also met good GF players there, for example lvl99looter aka Ant-Monster and others. They favor the old guard/block mechanism when I asked them: "If both, the current and the stamina guard get buffed so that they are at a level playing field, which one of the two do you favor?"
    ... speaking of which a good player will adapt and find new ways to utilize these skills.
    Adaption is not the problem (except this: how do you 'adapt' the millions of AD that have gone into companions and similar stuff that were acquired to build their GFs around the class as it is at the live server?). The problem is if you have to adapt to something bad, and the bad sides of the stamina-guard have been pointed out to a great extend in this thread.
    ... greater movement speed to position yourself, immune to cc(all cc) , increased survivability through movement, longer duration no more guard break on small hits VS slow sluggish movement, cc with guard up, no survivability from guard breaks, guard destroyed in seconds. sorry but i choose the new one over the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we had before.

Agreed, the current state of the GF at the live server is bad, but that can be fixed by improving our class rather than twisting it. Some seem not to see the option of simply improving the GF, and just compare the GF class as it is at the live server with what is at the preview server. There is more there than this narrow perspective. And it is better.

*cough* post #448 *cough*
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In Preview I tested some 1v1 2-3 hours ago with my 14.4K Protector GF (Lesser Plaguefire) with a 18.9K GWF (Destroyer), a 15K CW, a 15.4K HR and a TR (Idk his GS but he had perfects or at least greater), and I can say that in Mod 4: 1st HR (PvP God), 2nd TR, 3rd GF/CW, 4th GWF (Idk where to place DC and Warlocks, but I can guess DC being behind GWF in 1v1 and about Warlocks... some ppl said they will be even better than HR in PvP).

GWF (18.9K):
    I died vs the GWF 2 times, but I could drop his HP down to 30~40% pretty easy with 3.4K Power and less than 1K in ArP/Crit, also the fight lasted like 2 min the first time and like 1 min the second one, they may have the same DPS, but they are being pretty squishy, I mean a lot!!!, they won't hold nodes, the only thing I see them doing is some Kamikaze attacks.

CW (15K):
    This fight was the most balanced I had in preview, lasted like 2~3 min but she ran away to the campfire when I was about to kill her ¬¬, she controlled me a lot but she couldn't drop my HP below 40~50%, this shield system worked perfectly vs her, she even complained about the shield for being too OP.

HR (15.4K):
    Well, what can I say here, he just treated my like garbage, maybe I could make a little more damage than in live because of the DR reduction (Leser GPF + Mark), but I died fast, couldn't drop his HP below 70%.

TR (with perfect/greater enchantments):
    The 2nd most unbalanced fight I had (after the HR), but since I didn't knew his GS I don't wanna go on details.

In conclusion I feel better in PvP, also in PvE I tested my aggro with a Greater Lightning Enchantment and I can say that both, a 16K HR nor a 19K GWF, couldn't get the mob attention xD, I got so many aggro that I could hardly survive in IWD.
  • kenurdkenurd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still dont see why GFs have to be saddled with the shield break mechanic, should be able to block whenever and for however long you want. The idea that a GF has to worry about their shield breaking is frankly insulting considering no other class has to worry about their weapon breaking. The new conq capstone feat is kinda meh, its the fact that GFs still wont have any crit from ability score that is the problem. Shouldnt need some convoluted stacking buff mechanic for a GF to get any kind of decent cit rate.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014

There is a double stacking going on with reckless as I gain the reckless attacker buff for crit, yet the damage bonus must stack separately i have to actually stack one then the other they do not stack in tandem. This causes a flip back n forth of the buff and its hard to manage! Does not seem WAI?

Also the 20% damage bonus I'm confused as my damage only went up 500 power 3% Damage Bonus?

here in the first picture I have no bonuses
    no_buffs.jpg

EDIT: I looked further and that second buff embarrassingly is Vangaurds Resolve boon, However i did not notice any damage increase from reckless other then the crit?

here in the second picture i have both bonuses yet only a 3% damage Bonus and 500 more power?

both_buffs.jpg
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014

There is a double stacking going on with reckless as I gain the reckless attacker buff for crit, yet the damage bonus must stack separately i have to actually stack one then the other they do not stack in tandem. This causes a flip back n forth of the buff and its hard to manage! Does not seem WAI?

Also the 20% damage bonus I'm confused as my damage only went up 500 power 3% Damage Bonus?

here in the first picture I have no bonuses
    no_buffs.jpg

EDIT: I looked further and that second buff embarrassingly is Vangaurds Resolve boon, However i did not notice any damage increase from reckless other then the crit?

here in the second picture i have both bonuses yet only a 3% damage Bonus and 500 more power?

both_buffs.jpg

That means that the damage increase is either, not showing or not working.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    That means that the damage increase is either, not showing or not working.

Its not working. Someone mentioned before that only the first stack appears to be giving a damage bonus, but all stacks are applying the crit bonus.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The proposed changes go against a majority that favors a buffed old guard/block mechanic over any stamina-guard, ...

This is just an assumption. The majority of the players doesn't write in the forums. Thus we do not know anything.

I'd prefer a reversed stamina-based guard. That is, you can block as long as you want without draining any stamina. As soon as you lower your shield to do some decent damage your stamina gets instantly depleted and you cannot raise your shield again until the stamina is full again.
    edited July 2014
    This is just an assumption. The majority of the players doesn't write in the forums. Thus we do not know anything.

I'd prefer a reversed stamina-based guard. That is, you can block as long as you want without draining any stamina. As soon as you lower your shield to do some decent damage your stamina gets instantly depleted and you cannot raise your shield again until the stamina is full again.

So this is just for standing still in pve ? if that was the new guard we would die in pvp against every char and in pve we would not be able to kite at all.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the 25% bonus on damage is too poor, my be to change that in:
    each stack give you +20% more power and +20% critical change, for a total +100% power and +100% critical chance with 5 stacks.
    es.
    5k power, 15% critical chance -> 10k power, 30% critical chance (5 stacks)
  • aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mour76 wrote: »
    each stack give you +20% more power and +20% critical change, for a total +100% power and +100% critical chance with 5 stacks.
    es.

Currently the new RA it s bugged so for now we can t test it it offers only 5% more dmg like someone said before lets wait for Crush...
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    es.

Oh man, those are sweet numbers but I can actually see people complaining that the new GF is OP in PVP with +100% power and crit
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited July 2014
    HR archery last feat is guarantee crit on your next encounterer so 100% crit chance is not too OP :)
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    68 pages of very intresting disqussion.
    Any word from Dev's except one month ago? Would be awesome to know, which ones of your ideas gonna be implemented.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    may be in pvp let +50% of critical chance but for pve +100% is not gamechanger. We do, in the best case,
    1/3-1/4 of others class damage and we can't tank 4 or 5 time better (gwf perpective). So raising critical and power will cut the distance in damage from them, but we still remain under best class damage dealers.
    But definitvely make gf a class to enjoy
    edited July 2014
    may be in pvp let +50% of critical chance but for pve +100% is not OP.

The 10% chance to crit from RA is already around 50% crit chance extra.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    aiulian wrote: »
    HR archery last feat is guarantee crit on your next encounterer so 100% crit chance is not too OP :)

That's for 1 encounter.

100% crit chance with 100% uptime would be so absurdly OP I cannot even articulate the ridiculousness...... Is this actual serious feedback?

Take that to the GWF forums, it will be on live by next week.
    Enemy Team
    edited July 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    That's for 1 encounter.

100% crit chance with 100% uptime would be so absurdly OP I cannot even articulate the ridiculousness...... Is this actual serious feedback?

Take that to the GWF forums, it will be on live by next week.

1st of all I was jokeing that s why I ve put :)
    2nd of all I put feedback in blue like it says on the 1st page
    3rd it wasn t my ideea for 100% crit for 10 sec so u should quote the guy that said it...