test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously?

jerewel88jerewel88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
edited June 2014 in The Wilds
Really, I can not understand why make a class so OP.

I'm talking about HR, this is not a thread of complaint or cry, but seriously, it's really absurd.

1. Has a high attack
2. Has a very high chance of deflection
3. High chance of making critical hits
4. Stealth..
5. ALL CC of the game
6. Possibility to heal up to fill the bar hp

I have seen HR, keep ALONE a base against 4 players in pvp, healing best of DC, and be able to tank better than GF and GWF in pve ..

I do not know, the next update, give him also 80k hp, so we can also stop playing the other classes.

All complaining about the GWF, but the HR, nobody talks about it, seriously do not understand.

Someone who thinks like me?

Sorry for my bad english.
Post edited by jerewel88 on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gwf are clearly OP and more popular so they're in the limelight. Perma trs can also be tricky and the top end hr players are very absurd. All 3 have their issues. Though haven't really played pvp since the gwf fix on their feats so am not sure how they are now.

All I know is those 3 need adjusted, and GF CW and DC need some loving.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Trust me, one specific example of a class doing well is not a rule set in stone.

I have a hard time staying alive in PvP.

Particularly I find my stealth is often useless. Just yesterday I was killed in stealth with rapid shot by an HR who was max range from me. Goodness knows how he was targeting me but it was rather infuriating and something I have experienced more than once...

Nor do we have "all the CC." Really the only thing of true note is Binding Arrow which is that lovely rubber band. Doesn't do much against other HR's, TR's or CW's but works wonders on GF's and GWF's. However we are very vulnerable to prone chains so...yeah...they need to be kept back there lest we will die.

There are specific HR sets which are not being effected by PvP healing depression which is going to be resolved but other than that you likely just fought an HR who was skilled and/or better geared.
  • prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am pretty sure almost every class can be considered OP if the player puts a lot of effort into upgrading it just right.

Like ambisinisterr said - one example of a certain class going intensely well in a battle doesn't mean all members of that class are as good.
    Remember that there are people who devote a LOT of their time into bettering their online game characters, of course they will be better than the rest of us.

EDIT: also, stealth HRs? can someone tell me more about this because I sure haven't seen any HRs I know use stealth
    edited June 2014
    Trust me, one specific example of a class doing well is not a rule set in stone.

I have a **** hard time staying alive in PvP.

Particularly I find my stealth is often useless. Just yesterday I was killed in stealth with rapid shot by an HR who was max range from me. Goodness knows how he was targeting me but it was rather infuriating and something I have experienced more than once...

Nor do we have "all the CC." Really the only thing of true note is Binding Arrow which is that lovely rubber band. Doesn't do much against other HR's, TR's or CW's but works wonders on GF's and GWF's. However we are very vulnerable to prone chains so...yeah...they need to be kept back there lest we will die.

There are specific HR sets which are not being effected by PvP healing depression which is going to be resolved but other than that you likely just fought an HR who was skilled and/or better geared.

There's also constricting arrow which is double CC and interrupting shot. They are highly annoying. Of course the lesser geared ones can be delt with, but at the highest end, they're just too strong taking little damage from high deflect or regenerating all of their health quickly and still doing decent damage. That's not to say I haven't seen other classes being a pain. I'd say that deflect is a little too effective in pvp which in the case of the HR works a little too well (as well as working on other classes). Part of their limited popularity may also be due to the fact that they have a hard place in pve.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    EDIT: also, stealth HRs? can someone tell me more about this because I sure haven't seen any HRs I know use stealth

Forest Ghost. It is an awesome power, even though it was nerfed so that the movement speed buff doesn't stack with gear.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    jerewel88 wrote: »
    Really, I can not understand why make a class so OP.

I'm talking about HR, this is not a thread of complaint or cry, but seriously, it's really absurd.

1. Has a high attack
    2. Has a very high chance of deflection
    3. High chance of making critical hits
    4. Stealth..

You meant TR? Well, a typo now and then can happen.
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
    edited June 2014
    Forest Ghost. It is an awesome power, even though it was nerfed so that the movement speed buff doesn't stack with gear.

Actually NOT awesome. You become transparent at best, you have darn weed coming up from your footsteps->tracking your position, and in pvE it's fubar: monsters will de-aggro only temporarily (and resume aggro as soon you reappear: tested and re-tested by yours truly. At best useful to ress someone or to drink a potion(shoot 1 skill undisturbed)
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2014
    You meant TR? Well, a typo now and then can happen.

Lol, trying to take the spotlight off your HR huh? Keep trying.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Eh, wish I was OP, then maybe I would stop dying like a fly in pvp. I pogo these days between the top 50 pages on the leaderboard, and the 50-100, I pug, so some of it is the luck of the draw. I find in the top 50, I struggle, you get more multi gwf combo teams, and they just chain prone me to death. The new tanky build is great for a pvp hr in terms of node contesting, but frankly pretty **** at dps.

I miss the days of my old less tanky stormwarden, I used to top the pvp results board with 2o+ kills and cap nodes too, these days I just feel like a crutch, propping up teams by back capping, dragging the enemy off 2 so my guys can cap it. Being an immovable object has its pluses sure, but it ain't the most fun way to play.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited June 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    Lol, trying to take the spotlight off your HR huh? Keep trying.

At least ->I<- am always targettable :rolleyes:
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HR's are not overpowered I have one at almost 15k GS and I'd say it's not even close to my GWF, CW and TR which are similar equipped. BTW how on earth did you have 4 people not smash 1 (of any class - seriously 4 on 1 I don't care what class is **** simple - any type or prone or control and then instant death with a 4 on 1 so I'm confused....)
    edited June 2014
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    HR's are not overpowered I have one at almost 15k GS and I'd say it's not even close to my GWF, CW and TR which are similar equipped. BTW how on earth did you have 4 people not smash 1 (of any class - seriously 4 on 1 I don't care what class is **** simple - any type or prone or control and then instant death with a 4 on 1 so I'm confused....)

Yeah 15.5k, and so not op it aint funny. Wheres my press to win encounter..?:(
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is what happen when you take all the damage out from a class. It becomes a tanky as **** toon with the purpose of dealing with 2 3 people trying to kill him. Ask more nerfs enjoy more tankiness derps
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    This is what happen when you take all the damage out from a class. It becomes a tanky as **** toon with the purpose of dealing with 2 3 people trying to kill him. Ask more nerfs enjoy more tankiness derps

Indeed. Or, as with TR, take out DPS and then you end up with nothing left but permastealth.
    Tone down GWF. Give GF and DC something to work with. Give TR viable builds outside of perma and we're about 80% there on current balance issues.

HR is about the only class close to where it should be.
  • mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    GWF are so strong in pvp now that squishy classes are forced to go for defensive stats just so they have a chance(not complaining, I actually love the challenge and don't mind getting owned by a good player). Every class has a weakness and every class can be OP if played right. Ive taken out a lot of GWF and GFs just because theyre stupid and stand in thorn ward but that doesn't make me OP, I also get cc'd to death by CW all the time and there isn't anything I can do about it. Nerfs aren't the answer
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

I have a **** hard time staying alive in PvP.

Let me guess.

You never premade against any top PVP guild out there all you do is solo queue twice a week.

Just because someone doesn't know how to build/play the class, is not a rule set in stone.

I did make a assumption here that you either have a bad build or bad game play, because every top tier HR I know can keep themselves alive against heavy DPS. HR are legit the most tanky class next to GWF, thx to many features that have been listed by the OP above.

Your word means really little even you are the MOD here because this is about PVP, and no one should comment on such things if they don't even know how to PVP properly. There is a reason why everytime DEV do PVP hours in PTR they get completely destroyed by the actual PVP community who know what they are doing.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure a TR would've kept you guys busy for just as long.

Key to killing an HR is CC. HR has no CC escape move or invulnerability besides dodge.

With 4 people you should be able to pin him down, no matter what classes those 4 are.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • xpurexinstinctxxpurexinstinctx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm in disagreement here too, I've a HR that was awesome pre nerfing in the melee class, now with so much power reduction to split shot and fox shift I've barely touched that toon simply for the fact that i don't need another tank type, i have fought them and they are good but as rayrdan said .. its tank or buff class and no one wants to be a second hand buffer, im sure if your class was power nerfed you'd probably end up a high regen/hp build too and watch people call you op lol.
  • jerewel88jerewel88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2014
    In my opinion, most of those who have commented, does not make more than 2 pvp daily.

If you do not realize, the imbalance of this class, it means that you have not met yet a HR that know how to play his class.

This is not about "knowing how to play," the fact is that with the same cleverness at the time (and i hope only AT THE TIME), the HR prevails over all other classes.
    edited June 2014
    So, because the class possibly, maybe, might be etc. OP in the hands of the very very few high geared and expert HRs still playing the class in pvp, you wanna nerf the entire hr population of neverwinter... again..?

Gee, you're a swell kinda guy.

You realize all you'll do is generate more gwfs, don't you..? I'm considering rolling one myself.
    edited June 2014
    I am objective, and how it was (rightly) nerfed the GWF and the TR, HR also needs to be nerfed.

Because as it stands now, is not acceptable, I say at least, reduce its healing.

It is possible that you care more than one DC, and dodge more than a TR?
    edited June 2014
    It is now clear that you did not play an HR, ever. You'd then see what all these "uber-dodges" can do.
    edited June 2014
    It is now clear that you did not play an HR, ever. You'd then see what all these "uber-dodges" can do.

And you've dealt a HR in pvp? I think not
    edited June 2014
    And you've dealt a HR in pvp? I think not

Think again.
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    So, because the class possibly, maybe, might be etc. OP in the hands of the very very few high geared and expert HRs still playing the class in pvp, you wanna nerf the entire hr population of neverwinter... again..?

Gee, you're a swell kinda guy.

You realize all you'll do is generate more gwfs, don't you..? I'm considering rolling one myself.

So it should be allowed for a class to be too effective at the high end. If they were OP at low end then at least you can improve, otherwise at the high end you're going to have to outskill them a lot more than you should need to. Also just because something is OP at high end doesn't mean that nerfs need to necessarily affect the lower end significantly. Of course there always gonna be people mastering a class such as annoying DCs, cws and gfs, but if they have the skill as an OP character that could do with tweaks then they're going to have an advantage on top of the skill advantage they already have.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am objective, and how it was (rightly) nerfed the GWF and the TR, HR also needs to be nerfed.

Because as it stands now, is not acceptable, I say at least, reduce its healing.

It is possible that you care more than one DC, and dodge more than a TR?
    GWF has not been nerfed, so I guess you're not all that objective after all.

Go roll an HR, play one against a few GWFs, then come back and tell us how OP the HR is.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    Our dodges are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, our heals are paltry compared to DCs. For gods sake, play an hr before you make such frankly stupid assessments.
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Our dodges are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, our heals are paltry compared to DCs. For gods sake, play an hr before you make such frankly stupid assessments.

I'm supposed to play an hour? LOL

I'm doing pvp every day for a year, maybe I know "something" of the trend of the classes.

Just the fact that you define "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" the dodges of HR do understand all of your comment

Please if you have to comment, turn on your brain before.
    GWF has not been nerfed, so I guess you're not all that objective after all.

Go roll an HR, play one against a few GWFs, then come back and tell us how OP the HR is.

The GWF was nerfed, albeit slightly ^ ^

I do not need to do a HR to see something I already know, its absolute imbalance.

I knew that this thread would become a useless trash, since they are only commenting HR which are obviously against what I said.

Kudos for honesty

Please to close, it makes no sense to argue with those who are blatantly biased.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well the HR dodge has been bugged since the class came out. Anyone who has played one learns this before 60 without even touching PVP. As does anyone who reads the forums outside of QQing when they lose to a more skilled player. And apparently cannot be learned "playing hours of PVP for over a year". At one point I thought that GWFs were OP and so I BUILT ONE and now I know that they are OP. So really after the 700000th time a HR sees this complaint in the forums all we really hear is this:

"ME try hit Ranger with I'm sward! Ranger move! Me no hit with me big SWARD! Y U no let me hit with I'm sward??!!!???!???" Usually in an IWD Troll voice......
    edited June 2014
    Oh right, hr means hour in this context, not hunter ranger. Nice one. Kudous for attempted humour.

Now go away, if only to refill your tear ducts.