test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously?

Comments

• jerewel88jerewel88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Oh right, hr means hour in this context, not hunter ranger. Nice one. Kudous for attempted humour.

Now go away, if only to refill your tear ducts.

It was a typo, you never wrong in your life?

Excuse me genius.

However, it does not change, are YOU that must go away, since you're in MY thread.

Now back in the game, have fun with your "God HR", enjoy it as long as it will last ^^

I hope that now you will be happy and don't cry tonight.
  • mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Well the HR dodge has been bugged since the class came out. Anyone who has played one learns this before 60 without even touching PVP. As does anyone who reads the forums outside of QQing when they lose to a more skilled player. And apparently cannot be learned "playing hours of PVP for over a year". At one point I thought that GWFs were OP and so I BUILT ONE and now I know that they are OP. So really after the 700000th time a HR sees this complaint in the forums all we really hear is this:

"ME try hit Ranger with I'm sward! Ranger move! Me no hit with me big SWARD! Y U no let me hit with I'm sward??!!!???!???" Usually in an IWD Troll voice......

How are the dodges bugged? They seem to me to work exactly like the devs said they would before they even released the class
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you have'nt seen it you are a fortunate man. Works like this: See red-> dodge out of red-> attack goes off when you are out of red-> prone anyway.
  • mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OH ok haha yeah Ive seen that, didn't think it was an issue with the HR dodges specifically since it used to happen all the time in dungeons before the HR was released
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jerewel88 wrote: »
    It was a typo, you never wrong in your life?

Excuse me genius.

However, it does not change, are YOU that must go away, since you're in MY thread.

Now back in the game, have fun with your "God HR", enjoy it as long as it will last ^^

I hope that now you will be happy and don't cry tonight.

Could you repeat that? All I heard was, "Y U no stand still?!? Let I'm hit with me big sward! Have big Sward! Compensating!!!"
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I gotta say Im pretty happy on how pathfinder came out to be, some notes on the first post: Can HR stealth? yea, DPS? yes. Heal? Tank? Control? definetly. Pathfinder is for me the most versatile thing out there.

However:

The guy (that ironically said no complaining on a complain post) is considering all HRs in general. HR can work as a fill in for any missing class but remember 1 you can only have 3 encounters at a time (will sound silly for some but I would happily trade a daily slot for another encounter, THAT would be OP) and 2 none of these are as good as the other classes (i.e. a HR will never heal as good as a cleric, tank as good as a GF or control as good as a CW) Its a jack of all trades that just doesnt excel as good as others

The class I've found hardest to fight against is by far GWF, yet there are still some that complain that youre not polite enough to stand next to them
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    "Next to them"? pfft, make it 20ft ;D
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The GWF was nerfed, albeit slightly ^ ^

I do not need to do a HR to see something I already know, its absolute imbalance.
    Sentinels got a slight nerf to their DPS. Destroyers got a HUGE buff to DPS. The class overall was buffed in Mod 3. Any GWF who claims otherwise is delusional or a liar.

If you've never played a class you can't make any kind of objective judgement on it because you're just guessing at what that toon is actually doing. I've played all classes so I know how the class mechanics work and don't just assume something is OP because I don't understand it.

People like you are the problem with this game. Too much knee-jerk QQ and zero thought.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Playing vs gwf as an hr sw is a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    but my pf hr is laughing while holding the node vs a gwf or gf.
    vs skilled tr is quite a challenge they make you switch your encounters often spamming wards will feed their dummies so you need to be unpredictable.
    vs dc slotting thorn+constrict+hinder + careful+melee bleed of aim+GPF is not even funny anymore to see how they just die on their own.
    all in all PF is metaphorical to CW'S MoF DoT, SW to Storm with burst capabilities.
    I'm still having fun with my SW rather than my PF.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited June 2014
    Sentinels got a slight nerf to their DPS. Destroyers got a HUGE buff to DPS. The class overall was buffed in Mod 3. Any GWF who claims otherwise is delusional or a liar.

If you've never played a class you can't make any kind of objective judgement on it because you're just guessing at what that toon is actually doing. I've played all classes so I know how the class mechanics work and don't just assume something is OP because I don't understand it.

People like you are the problem with this game. Too much knee-jerk QQ and zero thought.

It does not take a genius to figure out which OP class right now in pvp, today in domain there was a HR with less than 1000 hp, in less than 2 seconds is completely healed, and even managed to kill all, GWF, CW and TR, and he did it all the time in the match.

So tell me (since you know everything), how is it possible that some HR, with the new path, are virtually immortal? this is what I want to understand

At this point, I believe that the skills of heal they have, are bugged.

The problem of this game, are the people that speak well here on the forum, and then cry in game, just like you, since in the game, all complain about the new path of the HR, but "strangely" here there are only comments of HR.

I will not answer to your stupid provocations, just waiting for the nerf (that will come),

I ask a moderator to close
    edited June 2014
    It does not take a genius to figure out which OP class right now in pvp, today in domain there was a HR with less than 1000 hp, in less than 2 seconds is completely healed, and even managed to kill all, GWF, CW and TR, and he did it all the time in the match.

So tell me (since you know everything), how is it possible that some HR, with the new path, are virtually immortal? this is what I want to understand

At this point, I believe that the skills of heal they have, are bugged.
    There is no way for an HR to heal from 1000hp to full using only class skills. Unless his full HP is only around 4k HP of course. He was probably using an artifact or PvP potions.

There are no bugged healing powers or feats. The only bug affecting healing is the 2% heal from the Profound set bonus that is currently ignoring Healing Depression. And you have to deflect an incoming attack to trigger that heal, with a 75% chance per successful deflect. There is already a fix for this in the pipeline.

Pathfinder rangers are no more or less 'immortal' than Stormwarden rangers. HRs have always been hard to kill. All you're seeing now is QQing from all the newbie GWF bandwagon jumpers who are upset that there is ONE class that they can't always kill just by holding down the mouse button and rolling their face across the keyboard.

L2P.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just finished pvp with my PF HR just now, anyone tried putting aimed strike's bleed+careful attack+GPF and slasher's mark? my god! I literally SPAM SHIFT in node 2! go go try it! you'll get abusive pms hahaha
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited June 2014
    Just finished pvp with my PF HR just now, anyone tried putting aimed strike's bleed+careful attack+GPF and slasher's mark? my god! I literally SPAM SHIFT in node 2! go go try it! you'll get abusive pms hahaha
    Yup. I usually have Slasher's Mark slotted for just that reason. And the bonus is that everyone on your team attacking the marked target gets the same benefit. :)
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    "there was a HR with less than 1000 hp, in less than 2 seconds is completely healed"

Yea that sounds like potions and artis involved, I saw a fighter at Icewind do the same thing while running around at insane speed, and bet he has way more health cap than we do. Could as well say "Oh so OP the fighters just magically get speed and heals out of nothing because theyre fighters oh so OP!"

YOu actually gave me an idea regarding having HP or defense buffs, will seem counterintuitive but: since pots heal a set amount (they do this, right?) it be better to have low HP cap and high defense/deflect so hitpoint % gets more benefit from pots while concentrating on taking the less amount of dmg possible instead of soaking it up with many hitpoints. Would it work or is my logic flawed in some way?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What if you get proned and one shotted..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited June 2014
    then you did it wrong
    edited June 2014
    lievcocijo wrote: »
    "there was a HR with less than 1000 hp, in less than 2 seconds is completely healed"

Yea that sounds like potions and artis involved, I saw a fighter at Icewind do the same thing while running around at insane speed, and bet he has way more health cap than we do. Could as well say "Oh so OP the fighters just magically get speed and heals out of nothing because theyre fighters oh so OP!"

YOu actually gave me an idea regarding having HP or defense buffs, will seem counterintuitive but: since pots heal a set amount (they do this, right?) it be better to have low HP cap and high defense/deflect so hitpoint % gets more benefit from pots while concentrating on taking the less amount of dmg possible instead of soaking it up with many hitpoints. Would it work or is my logic flawed in some way?
    Having a big HP pool means bigger regen ticks and bigger heals from the (soon to be nerfed) set bonus. There are other effects that also scale with total HP so for PvP it's generally better to have more HP and balanced DR/Deflect.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    lievcocijo wrote: »
    then you did it wrong

Can I laugh? Say, can I laugh?
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • ontiszontisz Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ah.

So a yet another Derp™ comes to HR section to cry about "opee hrz". How fascinating.
    Smallbow, did you nail up yet another bunch of witless 6kGS dummies? This tends to happen every time you go out to bathe in the sandbox. Would you please stop that for a while? </Sorakasm>
    Enlighten me please, ladies, how can someone fail at killing a HR who did not receive a _single_ buff within last SIX MONTHS, but was nerfed repeatedly several times? This is something that just... doesn't compute with being called "Human Sapiens". For the love of Buddha, Pavlov's dogs were able to mash three buttons!
    Ridiculous. Preposterous.
    And what's worse, devs only favor these. Nerfbat uppercut incoming, ladies.
    Mi-Ala Starbreeze : HR main. Best PVE HR out there, until someone proves me wrong.
    I've threatened Ghostcrawler and got permabanned at Blizzard forums.
    I went mad at PL "community" in SWTOR and got permabanned.
    Believe me, you don't want to see the tickets I used to sent to CCP. I got permabanned from EVE.
    I was infuriated by the amount of autists in League of Legends and got permabanned. Twice.
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HR being unkillable sucks! But they do far less damage to be that way... GWF however can kill in a rotation and spam unstoppable they are the bain of everyone right now and it need to end first!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ontisz wrote: »
    Ah.

So a yet another Derp™ comes to HR section to cry about "opee hrz". How fascinating.
    Smallbow, did you nail up yet another bunch of witless 6kGS dummies? This tends to happen every time you go out to bathe in the sandbox. Would you please stop that for a while? </Sorakasm>
    Enlighten me please, ladies, how can someone fail at killing a HR who did not receive a _single_ buff within last SIX MONTHS, but was nerfed repeatedly several times? This is something that just... doesn't compute with being called "Human Sapiens". For the love of Buddha, Pavlov's dogs were able to mash three buttons!
    Ridiculous. Preposterous.
    And what's worse, devs only favor these. Nerfbat uppercut incoming, ladies.

Going by your sig I'm not surprised you got banned everywhere. Why you haven't been banned on these forums yet is a mystery to me. All you do is spew leetspeak and criticise, never once offering any help, the only time garbage didn't come out of your mouth is when you stroked your epeen by showing us your character, which no doubt was funded by daddy's credit card. If you're tying to be humourous you have failed miserably. Offer some advice or insight or shut yer gob.

Rant out and apologies for going OT.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    let me guess.

You never premade against any top pvp guild out there all you do is solo queue twice a week.

Just because someone doesn't know how to build/play the class, is not a rule set in stone.

I did make a assumption here that you either have a bad build or bad game play, because every top tier hr i know can keep themselves alive against heavy dps. Hr are legit the most tanky class next to gwf, thx to many features that have been listed by the op above.

Your word means really little even you are the mod here because this is about pvp, and no one should comment on such things if they don't even know how to pvp properly. There is a reason why everytime dev do pvp hours in ptr they get completely destroyed by the actual pvp community who know what they are doing.

amen to this bro!!!
    Just +1 to this comment!
    edited June 2014
    Hr got the best of all other classes and hr who knows how to play almost dont get killed.... If ever.
    Some of my guildies have even confirm they ve never been killed by a tr... Never.
    Enough said
    edited June 2014
    guille23mx wrote: »
    Hr got the best of all other classes and hr who knows how to play almost dont get killed.... If ever.
    Some of my guildies have even confirm they ve never been killed by a tr... Never.
    Enough said
    Deary me. :rolleyes:

Let me guess - another GWF player?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    Heres a little example how OP HR are.
    And before you post something about those 2 GF are so Bad and stuff...
    YOU SHOULD ROLL A GF AND TRY AND SOME PVP VS SOME CW , GWF AND HR....

THE REAL POINT IS : HR ARE SO UNKILLABLE AND OP IT ISNT FUNNY.

THERE :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwXxcLVwzg&list=UUg0dB-q8CEFaWzpbRYkMV1g
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I too made a thread explaining the HR is OP, but it got locked.
    edited June 2014

THERE :

Nice video, but if you keep an eye on the damage those gfs were putting out it was lousy, biggest I saw was one 4k plus hit. They were averaging sometimes under 1k, no wonder they didn't kill him. Especially if the guys regen was through the roof.

All this says to me is that gfs need a serious buff.
    edited June 2014

THERE :

After that video, there is still someone who wants to deny how much is OP the HR?

A video is worth a 1000 words.

Now I'm just curious, what do you invent.
    edited June 2014
    Argh. Okay, lets say the hr had 30k plus hp. Those guys are hitting him for average 1 - 2k at a time. So to kill him, even if he just stood still, would take somewhere around 20 consecutive hits. And you are amazed the hr didn't die..? That hr didn't even have boars slotted. Gfs hit like 2 year olds, someone buff them plz.
  • elgorrelgorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    My perception

A top end GWF will kill them both with no problem. He is not going to under 60% HP.
    Node contesting during fight:98% and will cap it

A top end TR will kill them both with no problem. But it will take some time. He is not going to under 70% HP.
    Node contesting during fight:95% at least

A top end CW will kill them both. He is going to under 40% HP but will not die.
    Node contesting during fight:60% at best

A top end DC won't kill them. But he will stay alive for a long time.
    Node contesting during fight:50%?