test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously?

Comments

• aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sukulazz wrote: »
    Alright lets get a few things straight about this video. First off I am the other GF (Sukulazz) in that video and have no shame in that. Now to address all the ridiculous posts about how me and (Ant-Monster) are this and that. Neither one of us are some rank 7s -8s nubs as you claim. Both of us are semi BiS slot (rank 9s and not fresh epic artifacts). Also both of us know everything there is to know about the GF class every set back, nuance, blah blah blah and arent some "Autistic Derps" both of us are quite skilled. So skill is not an issue and the gap in gear is not wide at all. With all that being said the video shows 2 semi BiS unable to kill 1 BiS which I still believe is outrageous. The only questionable thing in that video was the use a lightning enhancement ,but he only had that on to test something with the chains from it. There was no spamming of Frontline or Bull Charge those were synced prone combinations with dailies. The point is 2 semi BiS (Other than 2 DC) should be able to kill anyone 2v1 whether that be 2 CWs, 2 GWF, 2 HR, 2 TR ESPECIALLY if they are completely in sync with every encounter/daily. I am in no way discrediting smallbow's skill he is top a HR no doubt but still you should die 2v1 plain and simple it wont be instant obviously but it shouldn't take almost 20 mins either like it did

I can handle (kill or stalemate) any other class 1v1 semi BiS and some BiS but not a HR. For a GF it is quite difficult to kill a decent HR 1v1 even when gear is the same

Feel free to comment back and challenge what ive said but the video speaks volumes

Question regarding that video. Note that my question is not to denigrate any of you but I'm just genuinely curious about the thought process during the fight.

But why did it seem that for a lot of the fight, you'd have 1 GF engaged with the HR while the other GF hung around in the back blocking and now and again throw a FLS at him and then you'd rotate the position. It reminded me of the old kung fu movies where you got this crowd of minions surrounding the main guy and then sending in 1 or 2 guys to attack him at once only.
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Purely from an AD&D and "Realistic War Games" point of view, we have two Plate Mail Armoured Knights with sword and shield flanking a Woodland Tracker in Leather armour and a bow and arrows.

And they cannot damage him enough to kill him?

That tells ME that GFs are seriously under-powered in the GPS department.
    ~

So the magic giant shards and meteors constantly falling into people from CWs, you think those are realistic enough or should they just outright kill anyone?

how about disruptive shot? would an arrow to the face be able to kill pretty much anyone not wearing a helmet?

I do feel GF's are underpowered, but lets focus in game mechanics, they are there for a reason
  • ontiszontisz Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    I should say that you caught the HR rather a lot with your CC, but utterly lacked the damage to do anything about it.
    both of us know everything there is to know about the GF class every set back, nuance, blah blah blah and arent some "Autistic Derps" both of us are quite skilled.
    That Lightening Enchant you were testing with probably was the reason you guys lost considering how low you managed to get the HR with a LOLZ@PVP enchant.
    both of us know everything there is to know about the GF class every set back, nuance, blah blah blah and arent some "Autistic Derps" both of us are quite skilled.
    Also, nice job to both of you for eating a huge amount of Thornward damage. You both got outplayed by a huge margin watching that video. The HR made very, very, very few mistakes. You guys however made a ton of them.

I had to run to the bathroom to cool myself down due to guffawing out loud. And I hereby call dibs on the trademark of "Quite Skilled Derp™".
    I say this thread is done for.
    Mi-Ala Starbreeze : HR main. Best PVE HR out there, until someone proves me wrong.
    I've threatened Ghostcrawler and got permabanned at Blizzard forums.
    I went mad at PL "community" in SWTOR and got permabanned.
    Believe me, you don't want to see the tickets I used to sent to CCP. I got permabanned from EVE.
    I was infuriated by the amount of autists in League of Legends and got permabanned. Twice.
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ant-monster commented about him dodging mid-air showing he didn't understand what fox's cunning does.

Him being able to dodge DURING a CC is what makes it OP. Also, I highly doubt Fox Cunning (aka FC) is the issue there. I'm fully aware FC allows the HR and team mates to ignore DAMAGE. "With the precise timing of the Fox, you and one nearby ally dodge the next incoming attack." However, It doesn't say ANYTHING about being immune to CC. Or being able to to break out of CC, DURING CC, and being able to dodge. This is an issue that was once seen in CW's, DC's, TR's and sometime GWF's. For example, BEFORE module 2 was released. There was an "exploit" that allowed classes with the abilities to dodge/roll, to dodge/roll during the middle of a CC animation.

Ex: I can use Indomitable Strength against a DC, and RIGHT before the second hit of the daily special attack.

Sleeepppyy... I'll finish this later.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Him being able to dodge DURING a CC is what makes it OP. Also, I highly doubt Fox Cunning (aka FC) is the issue there. I'm fully aware FC allows the HR and team mates to ignore DAMAGE. "With the precise timing of the Fox, you and one nearby ally dodge the next incoming attack." However, It doesn't say ANYTHING about being immune to CC. Or being able to to break out of CC, DURING CC, and being able to dodge. This is an issue that was once seen in CW's, DC's, TR's and sometime GWF's. For example, BEFORE module 2 was released. There was an "exploit" that allowed classes with the abilities to dodge/roll, to dodge/roll during the middle of a CC animation.

Ex: I can use Indomitable Strength against a DC, and RIGHT before the second hit of the daily special attack.

He's not breaking CC. When it says "Dodge" when he's flying through the air, he's only "dodging" the damage thanks to him using fox cunning right before you hit him with bull rush. But he's still flying through the air and he'll still land prone.

I wasn't playing before mod2 but I can assure you it's not related to any exploit that may have existed.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014

And this right here is why nobody is taking you seriously. HRs cannot dodge or break CC. Period. Nowhere in that video does Smallbow dodge or break CC. Period. You simply don't understand what you're seeing and seem incapable of understanding the many explanations you've been given.

A suggestion: go roll an HR. Level to 60. Learn what the class actually can and cannot do. Then some back here and we can have a sensible discussion. At the moment you're just sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalala".
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I WISH FC could dodge entirely something. But no. It does only avoid damage, then you're still dazed/rooted/stunned/proned oh and Dot'ed (by ench or skill).

That's why in my eyes Fox <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is utterly worthless: for a SW it's not even usable to be a finisher (15ft radius), so I resorted to using Marauder's Rush (broken beyond repair :| )
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • elgorrelgorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    I WISH FC could dodge entirely something. But no. It does only avoid damage, then you're still dazed/rooted/stunned/proned oh and Dot'ed (by ench or skill).

That's why in my eyes Fox <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is utterly worthless: for a SW it's not even usable to be a finisher (15ft radius), so I resorted to using Marauder's Rush (broken beyond repair :| )
    Old FC could dodge damage and CC effect at the same time. They nerfed it right after HR release(Mod2).
    edited June 2014
    jabsolum wrote: »
    Sure.

"I can handle (kill or stalemate) any other class 1v1 semi BiS and some BiS but not a HR".

Your words buddy.

In any case I agree GF needs changes but using this video as your evidence will not result in a buff for your class but a nerf for mine. So I urge you to think about that and find another why to reach out to the Developers and fix your class.

Thats exactly the point of the video. If you read the title of the video, you will notice it doesnt say anything about GF's needing a buff. It talks about HR, and how they're OP.
    edited June 2014
    aeragar47 wrote: »
    Question regarding that video. Note that my question is not to denigrate any of you but I'm just genuinely curious about the thought process during the fight.

But why did it seem that for a lot of the fight, you'd have 1 GF engaged with the HR while the other GF hung around in the back blocking and now and again throw a FLS at him and then you'd rotate the position. It reminded me of the old kung fu movies where you got this crowd of minions surrounding the main guy and then sending in 1 or 2 guys to attack him at once only.

Because of encounter cooldowns.
    edited June 2014
    And this right here is why nobody is taking you seriously. HRs cannot dodge or break CC. Period. Nowhere in that video does Smallbow dodge or break CC. Period. You simply don't understand what you're seeing and seem incapable of understanding the many explanations you've been given.

A suggestion: go roll an HR. Level to 60. Learn what the class actually can and cannot do. Then some back here and we can have a sensible discussion. At the moment you're just sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalala".

So what will you give me if i take the time to record it, render it, and upload it, to show you what i mean? I wouldnt say such things if i never experienced it.
    edited June 2014
    So what will you give me if i take the time to record it, render it, and upload it, to show you what i mean? I wouldnt say such things if i never experienced it.
    You can go ahead and try to demonstrate something that doesn't exist if you like. Those of us who actually play the class and know the abilities know that we can't dodge CC in midair and that FC doesn't protect from CC.

I'm not saying that you don't believe you've experienced this BTW. Just that you're mistaken.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You can go ahead and try to demonstrate something that doesn't exist if you like. Those of us who actually play the class and know the abilities know that we can't dodge CC in midair and that FC doesn't protect from CC.

I'm not saying that you don't believe you've experienced this BTW. Just that you're mistaken.

Actually you can dodge while in midair, both through simply shift key tapping and through Fox's Cunning and through Fox's Shift, which clearly the HR in the video was using all of the above.

As a matter of fact, you can watch the video and see that you're wrong on that point. Or you can simply jump in the air and hit shift...even at level 1 you can see that effect.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • otong39otong39 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2014
    Btw, check page 8, I replied and quoted your post. And Ima add some more, maybe not only your C-Dub but all of your toons on your sig would end up that way.
    edited June 2014
    otong39 wrote: »
    Btw, check page 8, I replied and quoted your post. And Ima add some more, maybe not only your C-Dub but all of your toons on your sig would end up that way.
    Yah, I noticed. Whatever.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    Actually you can dodge while in midair, both through simply shift key tapping and through Fox's Cunning and through Fox's Shift, which clearly the HR in the video was using all of the above.

As a matter of fact, you can watch the video and see that you're wrong on that point. Or you can simply jump in the air and hit shift...even at level 1 you can see that effect.
    Fox shift is a genuine CC immunity during the animation, added in Mod 3. Although apparently it was always intended and was just bugged originally. Foxes Cunning doesn't dodge CC, only the damage from an attack. You can dodge during a jump or a fall, but then all classes can do that. The HR has no special abilities here, which is what the QQers are claiming.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • otong39otong39 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2014
    Yah, I noticed. Whatever.
    Then dont talk **** about other players when you dont have the capabilities to do anything to them ingame.
    edited June 2014

Actually, I just RE-WATCHED my video because I knew it was in there. Man, not even 1 minute into the video... Go to 0:25 seconds of the video. You will see Suku Bullcharge him, then the HR will dodge aka shift, then activate thornward.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1- FC only make you dodge Damage.
    2- Shift/Dodge can make you avoid CC and Damage.
    3- When a HR is thrown in the air by Bulls Charge he can Shift/Dodge before he falls to the floor to avoid the prone effect.

I have a HR and a GF so I know what I'm talking about.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

Every class with a dodge can jump and dodge. It doesn't do anything different from a regular dodge.

What Ant-Monster is saying is that he thinks when he bull's rushes someone, and it says "dodge" when they're flying through the air (part of the CC effect), he thinks they're dodging the CC. Obviously they're still under the effect of the CC if they're flying through the air and going to end up prone. The only thing being "dodged" is the damage part of bull's rush, from using fox's cunning.

It could just as easily say "damage immune" rather than "dodge" and you guys would be less confused, but the idea behind the ability is that you're so cunning you dodge anything (which is bogus btw because you still take the CC).

It would be a lot easier if you just point to a specific time-stamp in your original vid when you think this happens. Why do you need a new video if the HR is supposedly doing it in the video we have already?
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Every class with a dodge can jump and dodge. It doesn't do anything different from a regular dodge.

What Ant-Monster is saying is that he thinks when he bull's rushes someone, and it says "dodge" when they're flying through the air (part of the CC effect), he thinks they're dodging the CC. Obviously they're still under the effect of the CC if they're flying through the air and going to end up prone. The only thing being "dodged" is the damage part of bull's rush, from using fox's cunning.

As I said, a HR can avoid the prone effect too...

There's a difference between, for example, a GWF, to a GWF I do Bulls Charge, then he is sent by the air until he fall and remains lying on the floor for a moment, a HR can just Shift/Dodge in the middle of the air and lands with the feets on the ground ready to use encounter or whatever, he can avoid the prone effect.
    edited June 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    3- When a HR is thrown in the air by Bulls Charge he can Shift/Dodge before he falls to the floor to avoid the prone effect.

And THAT is part of the reason why HR's need to be nerfed. Totally not cool.
    edited June 2014
    What Ant-Monster is saying is that he thinks when he bull's rushes someone, and it says "dodge" when they're flying through the air (part of the CC effect), he thinks they're dodging the CC.

Wrong. I've already been over this.
    edited June 2014

It could just as easily say "damage immune" rather than "dodge" and you guys would be less confused, but the idea behind the ability is that you're so cunning you dodge anything (which is bogus btw because you still take the CC).

It would be a lot easier if you just point to a specific time-stamp in your original vid when you think this happens. Why do you need a new video if the HR is supposedly doing it in the video we have already?

Skip to 0:25 seconds of the video.
    edited June 2014
    Skip to 0:25 seconds of the video.

At 25 he's proned by FLS.
    edited June 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    As I said, a HR can avoid the prone effect too...

There's a difference between, for example, a GWF, to a GWF I do Bulls Charge, then he is sent by the air until he fall and remains lying on the floor for a moment, a HR can just Shift/Dodge in the middle of the air and lands with the feets on the ground ready to use encounter or whatever, he can avoid the prone effect.

I really don't think that's true. Bulls charge is two CC effects, the first is a kind of repel and then a prone. You can't dodge in the middle of a repel effect.
    edited June 2014
    At 25 he's proned by FLS.

No man, did you even read the notification on the video? Watch what he does when Suku Bullcharges him...
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh Antmonster, why are u dragging ur self into that mess?

I actually liked u and ur positive videos about GFs in teh past. I played one myself for a very long time.
    But now, u start to making a fool out of urself.

U CLEARLY dont understand core mechanics of HR or pvp specced chars in general.

First: Fox CUNNING is more of a timefiller and passive AP gainer. The true power lies in Fox SHIFT which makes u immune to dmg and cc while channeling. In my GF days I have fought hours of GF dueling. I am just timing my FS so that ur bulls or frontline is getting negated by FS.

Second: I am jumping around a lot and I constantly dodge. That what u should do against two prone machines. Ofc so I dodge "mid air" out of ur spells.

Third: I am a halfling. U know what their class features are?

The funny thing is: HRs need adjustments indeed. But that video shows nothing of the actual OPness of HRs because I was not even using the hotness OP build at the time that video was recorded.
    It shows only two semi decents GFs (you have under 30k hp…) who are desperatly lost in a fight they couldnt win. Because of matchup dynamics and lack of understanding your own class and the opposite one.

I know, must hurt as a selfproclaimed GF master to get lectured and served on a plate.
    Deal with it and move on.
    edited June 2014
    Oh Antmonster, why are u dragging ur self into that mess?

I actually liked u and ur positive videos about GFs in teh past. I played one myself for a very long time.
    But now, u start to making a fool out of urself.

U CLEARLY dont understand core mechanics of HR or pvp specced chars in general.

First: Fox CUNNING is more of a timefiller and passive AP gainer. The true power lies in Fox SHIFT which makes u immune to dmg and cc while channeling. In my GF days I have fought hours of GF dueling. I am just timing my FS so that ur bulls or frontline is getting negated by FS.

Second: I am jumping around a lot and I constantly dodge. That what u should do against two prone machines. Ofc so I dodge "mid air" out of ur spells.

Third: I am a halfling. U know what their class features are?

The funny thing is: HRs need adjustments indeed. But that video shows nothing of the actual OPness of HRs because I was not even using the hotness OP build at the time that video was recorded.
    It shows only two semi decents GFs (you have under 30k hp…) who are desperatly lost in a fight they couldnt win. Because of matchup dynamics and lack of understanding your own class and the opposite one.

I know, must hurt as a selfproclaimed GF master to get lectured and served on a plate.
    Deal with it and move on.

1. I didn't self proclaim myself as a GFM, I was appointed by others.
    2. Yes I know Halflings abilities. But their abilities shouldn't allow what happens at 0:27 seconds of the video.
    3. "I was not even using the hotness OP build" So in other words, it can be much worse?

I did GG today, and there was HR tanking a 2 GWF's, GF,
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    2. Yes I know Halflings abilities. But their abilities shouldn't allow what happens at 0:27 seconds of the video.

Nothing wrong there.
    Possible reasons:
    - dodging while jumping: the dodges of HRs are very short in distance and have a very brief time frame. They are very unpredictable, both for HR and his enemies. Additional: latency issues. Just look at pve draco fight when u dode out of hands and still hit. And vice versa.

- halfling class feature: it actually can negate the prone effect from time to time. Like any other cc effect. WAI? Dont know, but thats a race issue, not specific to a class.

Without knowing it u have fallen into the category: "I dont know anything about that class, but I get smacked so pls nerf nerf nerf it"

Ur not new to that game, are u? U should know better.
    Roll a HR, understand the core mechanics, and even more beneficial: roll a DECENT pvp GF with maxed gear and feats. Ur hybrid 29k hp gf is eaten alive by any pvp pathfinder HR, not because HRs are op right (what they are right now btw) but because u have not the gear or the knowledge about the class.

Ur little crusade against HR will only hurt the new and average HRs, because u dont know what ur talking about.
    Sorry dude.

Btw: I like ur CN vid.