test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion about gwf pvp.

Comments

• williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I agree, before Tenacity I too rolled a CW see my signature for his name.... ;)

I got ya. All I was pointing out, and have seen other past posters/threads agree, was that CWs were quite the cat's pajamas in the past in pvp. Now=not so much. Its flipped from a gwf being useless to being top, and cw from being greatest, to only holding pve status now.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    By the way, found a gem of an old post about pvp how it was back then...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?252222-Everyone-complaining-about-imbalances-in-pvp-as-well-as-the-DEVS&highlight=control+wizard+beta

Also, another debater on pvp discussions in the past...

"As pointed out Guardian Fighter (Even if you spec for pure defense) can die in a matter of 5 seconds to a TR, the Guard Meter is easy to drop in PvP then the TR will proceed to 2~3 shot the so called 'tank' and let us not forget! a TR can stop a GF from even blocking in the 1st place, so no need to drain the guard meter, but as you say.. no reason to complain. CW can kill this 'tank' just as quickly while CCing and lets not forget the ridiculous range.

A team with a cleric vs a team without a cleric (equal skill) the team with it is going to win, obviously balanced according to you.

GWF- Attacks are slower and easy to cancel by other classes which leads it to doing no damage. People saying they are fine are just creating instances where a GWF will perform well, but will that scenario ever become a reality in lvl 60 PvP? No.

If you've ever played enough by now you'll know CW, TR, and DC are the dominant classes in PvP, and a major issue is that sustain is too strong in PvP (team with cleric is pretty much going to win assuming they don't fail), and the damage is way too high while defense being nearly useless, as pointed out by many 1htkos are possible and even if it isn't a 1htko people are simply being 2~3 shotted/instagibbed by TRs and CWs, and cool downs in PvP given their current power is all relatively short.

Now, you may enjoy the whole 1~4 shot (or the kill your opponent in 2~5 seconds) but many people do not. If you've played enough MMOs with PvP you would know by now people who wish to PvP like fights that last a reasonable time, not too short or too long, there has to be a balance in power/defense, no reason any class should kill another by simply mashing buttons faster. Then the simple fact it's possible to balance PvP without it even impacting PvE".

^P.S. don't know how to quote someone this far back, but its a person in the same thread I listed. People forget how much this game has changed since beta.

Thats hilarious! Now though...

CW ~ has lost their control

GF ~ Defense means pretty much nothing as we are killed in less time then classes that can dodge

DC ~ They cannot keep themselves healed!

HR ~ Can do what a GF should be able to, but without dieing and healing themselves to full over and over.

GWF ~ Can literally run in kill 3 people, run out and grab another node before we even rez and mount up!

TR ~ Are decent unless they roll Perma lame spec, but can choose to fight or just run away heal and restart at their leisure.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited June 2014
    Thats hilarious! Now though...

CW ~ has lost their control

GF ~ Defense means pretty much nothing as we are killed in less time then classes that can dodge

DC ~ They cannot keep themselves healed!

HR ~ Can do what a GF should be able to, but without dieing and healing themselves to full over and over.

GWF ~ Can literally run in kill 3 people, run out and grab another node before we even rez and mount up!

TR ~ Are decent unless they roll Perma lame spec, but can choose to fight or just run away heal and restart at their leisure.

Like I said, don't disagree with this! The statement I showed would be bs false now, wouldn't it? but back then... this was viable pvp gameplay.

P.S. I was quoting a poster in THAT thread, just too tired/unknowledgeable to post it in quote form.

Ill tell you a correlation with how they act now versus why they got nerfed though...

CW=too much control/burst damage
    DC=healing used to be great/stacked DCs made people immortal
    HR=roots and some of their control damage got nerfed, because they were basically an anti GWF class
    GWF=used to tank quite a bit, but died to CW burst damage too often(now theyre the best!)
    GF=Actually always been screwed lol
    TR=their burst damage got nerfed to heck, and that's why more go for survivability(permastealth) now.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    If, for example, that they actually LOST a great deal of tankiness by going unstoppable, but gained better damage?

I admit that theres just no disadvantage to going unstoppable. Other classes, on the other hand(minus tr) have to think wisely about using theirs. DCs have to make sure they have enough divinity for theirs, CWs only get one ability they can slot, GFs cant use encounters AND walk slowly while guarding, HRs switching back and forth have to choose their encounters wisely, because some work in certain aspects, whereas their melee/range counterpart may blow in that same aspect.

Actually you have never played a TR I can kind of tell. TRs mechanic is the hardest to pop and the hardest to stay in to (if facing a good opponent) For example. It's the exact opposite of unstoppable, because unstoppable pops whenever you take damage but stealth pops when you take no damage or use an encounter. And not stupid players will run around with their mouse until they get a red target and then CC you till death or in the cases of those who have no CCs or not many (HR, TRs) They will put out a DOT via Thorn Ward, POTB. So it actually does have disadvantages. Once that 1 rotation is messed up your dead :D.
    edited June 2014
    Actually you have never played a TR I can kind of tell. TRs mechanic is the hardest to pop and the hardest to stay in to (if facing a good opponent) For example. It's the exact opposite of unstoppable, because unstoppable pops whenever you take damage but stealth pops when you take no damage or use an encounter. And not stupid players will run around with their mouse until they get a red target and then CC you till death or in the cases of those who have no CCs or not many (HR, TRs) They will put out a DOT via Thorn Ward, POTB. So it actually does have disadvantages. Once that 1 rotation is messed up your dead :D.

Sorry, ive played with a TR, just not much. That's why someone who knows(like you) could've put your 2 cents in. Im not saying that they aren't played with skill, you miss my intentions. Despite how annoying permastealth is to me, I understand that the rotations are tight and very precise, and even one mistake knocks you out of stealth and dead. Its just that the classes ive mentioned I HAVE played with in pvp more often, so know more about how their mechanics work in pvp. I have a POTB TR that im gearing up for pvp right now, in fact.

Thanks for your input.
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Dont forget that now they are DESTROYER GWF's. Not Sentinel. and NO they are not as tanky as before, because they are not. I have a end game PVP GWF myself. I still die. quite often too.

they are not SENTINEL, they are Squishy. 3-4 duelist flurry's in continous rotation with a daily = gg.

IF any pvp GWF these days stands in a thorn ward, which keep in mind they have no choice, because guess what, WE HAVE NO DODGE MECHANIC.
    We have to Stand on the POINT, which thorn ward completely consumes, so while we try to chase you around a fully RED point, which you use your 7 dodges as an HR and just kill GWF's.

Same with TR, a smart TR nowadays will use Baitn switch and have Accurate timing on duelist flurry's. and Dodge In directions that te GWF will not ASSUME you are. which means dont dodge straight behind, use your dodges wisely TR's.

GWF's are not OP. People just dont understand how to counter them. There is no arguing with this, There is a reason why 1v1 DUELS were not implemented as an option, because haveing a 3 encounter game requires many Varieties of Builds that can be used, Which generally means that NOT EVERY CLASS will be able to 1v1 ANYTHING.

Its all about your choice of play which is the standpoint for Neverwinter, You want to PVE? then you can only PVE
    You want to PVP, then you can BUILD your characters for PVP.

LEarn MEchanics of every class before you make judgements. anyway can kill a "DESTROYER" Gwf. They are not Sentinel. Thank you.

Dev's Please look into every class before you make any decisions of what moves to make for next Mod. as maybe and ALL AROUND class balance, instead of just a GWF Balance. as TR's need Balancing, and Definitely HR's need balancing/fixes.
    edited June 2014
    seigharth wrote: »
    LOL, people are actually asking for a GWF nerf? and what can we say about CW? with that thunder attack that hits like 15k and they dont even need to get damage buffs with techniques to do that, I think they need a nerf as well!, what seems to me that is happening here, is that people are'nt noticing ppl's equipment, the classes are balanced, but have you even thought of checking out the armor/weapon enchantments? did you know there is something called perfect vorpal enchantment that increases crit severity by 50%, have you ever thought of the possibility that these GWFs you all faced HAD 15-16k gear score and you have 10k? you people only make blind statements, get good or get a life

This thread is about GWF and their ridiculous facerolling... CW are the 4th / 5th tier pvp class dude!

edited June 2014

Dont forget that now they are DESTROYER GWF's. Not Sentinel. and NO they are not as tanky as before, because they are not. I have a end game PVP GWF myself. I still die. quite often too.

they are not SENTINEL, they are Squishy. 3-4 duelist flurry's in continous rotation with a daily = gg.

IF any pvp GWF these days stands in a thorn ward, which keep in mind they have no choice, because guess what, WE HAVE NO DODGE MECHANIC.
    We have to Stand on the POINT, which thorn ward completely consumes, so while we try to chase you around a fully RED point, which you use your 7 dodges as an HR and just kill GWF's.

Same with TR, a smart TR nowadays will use Baitn switch and have Accurate timing on duelist flurry's. and Dodge In directions that te GWF will not ASSUME you are. which means dont dodge straight behind, use your dodges wisely TR's.

GWF's are not OP. People just dont understand how to counter them. There is no arguing with this, There is a reason why 1v1 DUELS were not implemented as an option, because haveing a 3 encounter game requires many Varieties of Builds that can be used, Which generally means that NOT EVERY CLASS will be able to 1v1 ANYTHING.

Its all about your choice of play which is the standpoint for Neverwinter, You want to PVE? then you can only PVE
    You want to PVP, then you can BUILD your characters for PVP.

LEarn MEchanics of every class before you make judgements. anyway can kill a "DESTROYER" Gwf. They are not Sentinel. Thank you.

Dev's Please look into every class before you make any decisions of what moves to make for next Mod. as maybe and ALL AROUND class balance, instead of just a GWF Balance. as TR's need Balancing, and Definitely HR's need balancing/fixes.

Oh quit it with your "We don't have a dodge" Neither do GF our guard is down in seconds and we have no immunity, regen, healing, faster attack 50% less DR, 15% more damage button? GWF seemed fine before Unstoppable!

• nehul555nehul555 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Things i want to be fixed in GWF..

1) Mobility or just undo the recent changes: GWF can run at a speed 110%.. they have no dodges so i agree that gwf need high speed mobility... BUT after some recent patches..... u cannot use mount for like 10 sec or so after the fight.. in mean time.. gwf at low health can easily run away and u cannot do anything about it..!! thats just sad

2) Prone: Prone is probably the best weapon of gwf.. EVERY gwf.. i mean EVERY gwf will try to prone u before attacking with their other encounters... i am not saying this is bad... but after u are hit by this Prone CC..u go like AFK for 5 sec.. (as a TR i cannot use ITC for i like 5 sec while proned) AND in this 5 sec.. they hit u with IBS and other encounters..( which pretty much bring u to near half health).. THIS is which i hate most of gwf... i mean.. its ok if u are proned.. but should be able to use ur CC immune ability to avoid further damage while Proned...

3) Unstoppable: To be honest i ve absolutely no prob with this Unstoppable thing... since GWF is Barbarian.. its Ok to have something like battle rage.. but he should not be immune to all CCs.. i mean just as HRs roots affects Unstoppable, CWs attack should also have a little effect on unstoppable..( since i am not a CW, cant comment more on that ).. as a TR, when ever a gwf pops unstoppable, i do which i think everyone should do.. RUN.. xD i mean i stay away from gwf.. as its waste to attack a gwf while hes in Unstoppable due to reduced incoming damage and Temp. HP.. BUT the PROB is.. whenever i run.. gwf catch up with me.. with his INSANE mobility.. and the prone me that 3 sec spamming of TAKEDOWN.. and if u go proned in front of gwf for like 5 sec... u pretty much end up dead... So what i am suggesting here that they should reduce his insane mobility while hes Unstoppable.. so that we can have decent chance of staying away from him while hes unstoppable...

Just my opinions..
    NO OFFENSE INTENDED..

(since eng is not my main language so no RIP eng plzz)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The thing Id like to see fixed with GWFs is you should not be able to unstoppable OUT of CC. If you are already IN CC it should hold you in it until the duration is over THEN unstoppable can be popped and your immune.

This would give Unstoppable a pretty fair balance. With Roar nerf incoming along with Unstoppable Recovery incoming too, this would make Destroyer GWFs alot more squishy and Sentinels right inline with alot of classes....

This really would affect CWs the most and improve their QOL without REALLY affecting GWfs too much.

This would also make Elven Enchant a little more worth it for GWFs... Just saying...
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    The thing Id like to see fixed with GWFs is you should not be able to unstoppable OUT of CC. If you are already IN CC it should hold you in it until the duration is over THEN unstoppable can be popped and your immune.

This would give Unstoppable a pretty fair balance. With Roar nerf incoming along with Unstoppable Recovery incoming too, this would make Destroyer GWFs alot more squishy and Sentinels right inline with alot of classes....

This really would affect CWs the most and improve their QOL without REALLY affecting GWfs too much.

This would also make Elven Enchant a little more worth it for GWFs... Just saying...
    if u would not break out of CC by using unsto 2 CW would probly CC u to death in a matter of seconds,remember GWF is class w,o dodge
    edited June 2014
    if u would not break out of CC by using unsto 2 CW would probly CC u to death in a matter of seconds,remember GWF is class w,o dodge

I keep reading this, as an excuse that GWF NEED unstoppable? Even if GWF didn't have unstoppable they would still be in the top 3 classes!

GF don't have dodge either? Our shield takes what 3 hits and a dot tick and its gone! We don't have an unstoppable...

• cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I keep reading this, as an excuse that GWF NEED unstoppable? Even if GWF didn't have unstoppable they would still be in the top 3 classes!

GF don't have dodge either? Our shield takes what 3 hits and a dot tick and its gone! We don't have an unstoppable...

y lets remove unsto from a class w,o dodge

SO LOGIC.

about GF i dont know, maybe lets remove the guard metter, let it block infinite dmg , give them maybe 1-2 dodges?also some more feats on mark would be great like extra dmg, like 20% incoming healing bonus feat would be great also maybe class feature HR alike aspect of lonewolf so they can atlast hold node
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

You do know that if you move 1 foot you can avoid duelist's flurry, right? You don't have to stand there and take 4 duelist's flurries in a row and then a daily. LOL.

I mean, yeah, I guess GWF can be squishy if they're played by a really horrible player.

p.s. Rogues are CC-immune during the flurry part, so don't try to prone them then. You should be able to Roar them out of it though (even after Roar is fixed- it will still be an interupt).

I know it's counterintuitive to use strategy when playing a GWF, but it can be done.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Only problem I see with GWF is Roar and imbalanced Itemization.

Destroyers really are significantly more squishy than old-school Sentinels. Destroyers kill fast and die fast, and landing a full rotation is quite difficult against a competent opponent. However, this fact has not been realized because Roar is currently broken and allows the Destroyer to to land his full rotation almost guaranteed. I truly believe that once Roar is fixed, people will see that with good dodge timing GWFs damage can be easily (or at least skillfully) avoided and further, without their Sentinel defenses to fall back on, Destroyers can be burned down with only 2 or even 1 chance for Unstoppable. I truly believe that the Roar fix will work wonders for balancing this class.

You have to realize that its not just the brokeness of Roar that is overpowered but what the brokeness allows a GWF to get away with that snowballs into what seems like a class that is broken all around when in reality it is really just this one power. This is precisely why so many GWFs feel the need to defend some of the more ridiculous suggestions people are making that would (when combined with an imminent Roar fix) seriously hinder their class. I know some people would like to see the GWF fall all the way to the bottom of the totem pole of balance as some kind of justice or karma for being so OP at the moment, but thats really not what balance discussions should be about.

Itemization is another thing that should be looked at. In my opinion, GWF gear is simply better than the gear that is offered to other classes. The stats GWF get from gear synergize so well with GWF natural stats that it allows specs like Destroyer to get tanky and specs like Sentinel to get damagey. In the same respect, classes like GF and CW get, in my opinion, the complete opposite of this. Crappy gear that forces them into over-stacking stats, breaking hardcaps, and being forced to take stats they don't want. Itemization plays a HUGE role in balance but its so rarely talked about because people would rather talk about nerfing/buffing certain abilities/spells/feats when the latter always just leads to more imbalance.

Let the Roar fix set in. Advocate for better and more balanced Itemization balance for each of the classes. Please, do not touch GWF mechanics, it is certain to have terrible impacts on PvE and will likely solve very little in the way of PvP balance.

Edit: Just wanted to add that GPF should be looked at as well. Theres no way its interacting with Destroyers Purpose in an intended fashion. Its no coincidence that the two FOTM builds are using GPF for the sole purpose of stacking DoTs.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You do know that if you move 1 foot you can avoid duelist's flurry, right? You don't have to stand there and take 4 duelist's flurries in a row and then a daily. LOL.

I mean, yeah, I guess GWF can be squishy if they're played by a really horrible player.

p.s. Rogues are CC-immune during the flurry part, so don't try to prone them then. You should be able to Roar them out of it though (even after Roar is fixed- it will still be an interupt).

I know it's counterintuitive to use strategy when playing a GWF, but it can be done.

Believe me , I know how to dodge DF, If you Jump cast Any skilled TR should be able to land every single DF, unless of course they suck, and the GWF is not standing on point.

O and yes a GWF has to stand on point, and is impossible to avoid a thorn ward casted on the point, since of course the Thorn ward Range is WAY TOO BIG, so it covers up the entire point.

any good HR should beat any GWF no matter what gear.

and Yes DESTROYER builds are super squishy and can go down in a single rotation if proned/stunned correctly.

HR's and TR's should be able to beat any GWF 1v1.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Let the Roar fix set in. Advocate for better and more balanced Itemization balance for each of the classes. Please, do not touch GWF mechanics, it is certain to have terrible impacts on PvE and will likely solve very little in the way of PvP balance.

You sir, are one of the smartest people on these forums. Not only the Roar bug, but also the fact that Unstoppable Recovery has not been hindered by HD as of yet (maybe this went in with last patch).

Roar is really broken right now, like REALLY broken and once it gets fixed, I think youll see alot of people return to FLS which is on a much longer CD as well as GWFs being much more easily to avoid damage.

I take back what I said about Unstop OUT of CC, because I forgot about the Roar fix. Fix Roar and GWF will be fairly inline.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Destroyers kill fast and die fast,
    I wish that was true Kolevra :-). With stacking of defence/hp and regg combined with high power(as you mentioned that is possible due to better gear then other classes) and artifact they dont die fast at all. They have better survivabilty then other classes, yes even then hrs due to being able to pop unstop when focused, and more burst dam more prone ccs etc. So no they kill fast and die slow and that is the major issue here saying otherwise is what I oppose without speaking for a nerf of gwfs(yea roar has to go).
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Another great reflection of a truly pro who knows that in this game gear dont matter so much its pure skill based with little impact by the gear/enchants........

You dazzle me with your great insights its always good to find out that some stands above the rest and find new things due to their inventive ways, truly amazing what we can learn from real pro pvpers like you .....
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You sir, are one of the smartest people on these forums. Not only the Roar bug, but also the fact that Unstoppable Recovery has not been hindered by HD as of yet (maybe this went in with last patch).

Roar is really broken right now, like REALLY broken and once it gets fixed, I think youll see alot of people return to FLS which is on a much longer CD as well as GWFs being much more easily to avoid damage.

I take back what I said about Unstop OUT of CC, because I forgot about the Roar fix. Fix Roar and GWF will be fairly inline.

No it won't.

Fix Roar and it simply brings us back to square one - the game's heaviest hitting, toughest bad-a$$ which also happens to be the best CC-ing and fastest moving.

Its either the class remains the heaviest hitting toughest bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, or becomes the best CC-ing and fastest moving. You shouldn't have both. No class should.

This "Roar pandemic" is simply an exaggerated form of what the GWF already is. Switch out Roar for FSL and what? Yes, the CC rotation comes a little slower but that don't change out the fact the class is riddled with multiple prones which some hit from range + AoE. It don't change how an encounter uses execution mechanics and potentially hits for daily-level damage, nor does it change the bullshi* slow-ignoring sprint, nor does squat about the crapshi* Threatening Rush. And yes, ofcourse, the back-to-back Unstoppable.

Roar is simply a piece of straw that broke the donkey's back. The donkey was already insanely loaded up. Unless that load is off, there is no GWF which is "in line". There are only GWF players which would like the rest of the PvP community to think so. "Uhhhh.. here, the crapshi* broken AoE interrupt+daze+root is now fixed... so everything's cool, right?"

Wrong.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2014

will not because of iv. gwf dont need fly. gwf not need to prone chain. he needs hit like a mule and be tough as well ... something tough.

say gwf will be "ok" is say iv will be "ok". sm (or future kensei and others) will lose a resource that will influence pve.

how to bring a nerf to iv is bringing a nerf for the gf, who is on the "matrix" of gwf. roar is just a simbol (or start).
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2014

^ That's pretty ridiculous. If they didn't have unstop and were not given anything to replace it, they would certainly be ruined.
    edited June 2014
    pherrow wrote: »
    ^ That's pretty ridiculous. If they didn't have unstop and were not given anything to replace it, they would certainly be ruined.

They would be ruined, yes, without the:

■ highest damage
    ■ highest defense
    ■ fastest in-game combat mobility that ignores slows
    ■ most powerful CC types(prones), recharges fastest in game as well
    ■ spammable gap-closers

So if a GWF without a 25~50% damage reduction + total CC immunity that activates almost constantly back-to-back, is "ruined", what does that say about the other classes which doesn't have even half of the total number of goodies mentioned above?

...but I agree. Let the GWFs keep their Unstoppable.

Take away the rest. They certainly don't need it.
    edited June 2014
    I'm not saying that the Roar fix will make everything balanced. I'm saying that the Roar fix will put balance in a position where BUFFING other classes would become a better option than NERFING the GWF.

For whatever reason, people are having a hard time grasping the reality that taking away Unstoppable is not only a ridiculous idea, its also one that is never ever going to happen. Think about it, its the GWF class mechanic. For better or worse, it is here to stay, the sooner people accept that the sooner you can move on to more throroughly examining the class and trying to identify the real problems contributing to imbalances. Its not Unstoppable.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Believe me , I know how to dodge DF, If you Jump cast Any skilled TR should be able to land every single DF, unless of course they suck, and the GWF is not standing on point.

O and yes a GWF has to stand on point, and is impossible to avoid a thorn ward casted on the point, since of course the Thorn ward Range is WAY TOO BIG, so it covers up the entire point.

and Yes DESTROYER builds are super squishy and can go down in a single rotation if proned/stunned correctly.

HR's and TR's should be able to beat any GWF 1v1.

You should be able to avoid at least a couple. Even if you can't though, why not just burp in their face with roar and then prone them?

I've only met one rogue that could reliably land DS on me if I'm moving around and predicting where he is, even with messed up jump casting.

Mainly though the problem with comparing HR/TR OPness to GWF OPness is HR and TR are very good in 1v1 on a side cap. GWF is good everywhere. That's the real reason troll comps stack them. They don't need the artificial compulsion of a node to make someone stand somewhere to kill them.

In any situation at all, GWF is about as good or the best class for the job.

- 1v1 on a node, GWF is great. HR and TR can kill them sometimes, all other classes fall.
    - group play, GWF is the best. No class can lock down classes as good as a GWF, put out as much damage as fast as a GWF, or absorb as much damage as a GWF. The only thing a GWF can't do better than everyone else is heal other people.

It seems like some of you won't consider GWFs OP unless they are hands down the absolute best at every possible scenario and no classes could ever beat them 1v1.

I had a single GWF totally dominate a game today, killing everyone at side caps solo and everyone at the middle with her team, running at mach 10 in between points. No TR or HR could do that.

I might've been able to put up a fight but I was either caught by Roar or rubberbanded back to take a takedown after dodging it correctly (HR dodge is really finicky at best) and one rotation took half my health at least. I even died once to threatening rush lol, the freaking gap closer.

People can argue all they want but when almost every game is being won or lost based on how many GWFs you have, and GWFs are running around killing everyone with very little resistance, it falls on deaf ears, and it's not going to change just because Roar is fixed.

You honestly just have to play the game to see it.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited June 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    They have the fastest mobility which ignores slows... but not "prones", "Stuns" or "holds".

■ Ever try closing upto a HR or a CW with a melee class that does not have any run speed modifiers at all?
    Highest Damage... with a power which needs enemies to be half life or lower. Better do not look at Lashin Blade (Crit damage + buffs + burst damage in stealth), Ice Knife (burst damage + prone), Smoke Bomb (stun + slow), Impossible to catch (5 secs of full invulneravility... each 15? secs) or SotEA (encounter + prone)... right?

■ So you really want to compare being hit with IBS with classes that have maybe 20%~30% DR at most, with a GWF being hit by any of those? A class that wields 25~50% DR on top of baseline defenses, easily amounting upto 70~80% DR total? Be my guest. Let's try a fun round of "smack until dead" contest and see how many IBS you need to kill a TR or a CW, in comparison with how many Lashing Blades you need to kill a GWF.
    Highest defense... yep, thats why a CW can crit them for 15ks with just a encounter... and be lucky if you can dodge it with the "fastest mobility which ignores slows" being proned, stunned or so... GL with that!!!

■ Complaining about hit while being proned and stunned. This coming from a class with the game's most bullshi* prone chain combos + back-to-back CC immunity. Do you even hear yourself? *snort*

- Most powerful CC prones with fastest CDs... well, thats why TRs can activate ItC and Lashin blade at same with just a stealth bar.

■ How long does ITC last? How long does Unstoppable?
    ■ How fast does ITC recharge? How about Unsoppable?
    ■ Take a guess as to what happens to a TR that comes out of stealth with one large LB hit.
    Answer: Same thing that happens to any TR that becomes visible.
    ■ How many CCs does a TR have that last more than 1 second and can be chained? How many does a GWF have?
    CWs are for kids and noobs, HR's holds are a joke, Bullrush + Threatering rush + Trample the fallen combo does 0 damage on a GWF, etc... But yes, is better to blame on GWFs instead of learning how to counter them properly... do not be you need to think a strategy instead of just going into any GWF and get the kill for free. :-) .

I'll tell you what. Give other classes maybe half of all the frickin' goodies your class got crammed into one freak a$$, and let's see how you "counter" any of them.

Wanna feel how its like to be on the receiving end?

Give the TRs the following:

■ Shocking Execution as an encounter with 15sec recharge
    ■ ITC with 10 sec duration + 10 second recharge
    ■ Change Deft Strike back into an at-will
    ■ 7 sec recharge Dazing Strike with instant activation + prone
    ■ Impact Shot that prones

Let's see how you frickin' counter that on top of perma/semi-perma tactics. I'm sure you won't have any problems in countering each and every factor stated above, since if you know the class and you have skill you'll counter anything and everything.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    They would be ruined, yes, without the:

■ highest damage
    ■ highest defense
    ■ fastest in-game combat mobility that ignores slows
    ■ most powerful CC types(prones), recharges fastest in game as well
    ■ spammable gap-closers

So if a GWF without a 25~50% damage reduction + total CC immunity that activates almost constantly back-to-back, is "ruined", what does that say about the other classes which doesn't have even half of the total number of goodies mentioned above?

...but I agree. Let the GWFs keep their Unstoppable.

Take away the rest. They certainly don't need it.

The point being that without some form of protection mechanic, it doesn't really matter what goodies(considered OP or not) any class has.
    But regardless, after the gwiffs get nerfed into the ground (again), what direction will the tears flow then? Most likely towards what ever class makes players the most uncomfortable in 1v1...

If a class doesn't die as fast as people would like, it kills their class too fast or doesn't kill them in a way they like(permas apparently)...more tears. If people spent more time suggesting fixes or buffs, if you will, for their classes instead of pushing forth the tsunami of tears...the devs would have an easier time wading through the mess to pull out the good suggestions that a few in this forum have tried to push.
    edited June 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

Give the TRs the following:

■ Shocking Execution as an encounter with 15sec recharge.
    ■ ITC with 10 sec duration + 10 second recharge.
    ■ Change Deft Strike back into an at-will
    ■ 7 sec recharge Dazing Strike with instant activation + prone
    ■ Impact Shot that prones
    Okay, with all due respect, this is just for fun, I would like to also play your little game...

TR get your changes and also these changes are implemented:

-Using takedown now fills Determination bar to 100% immediately, regardless of it being dodged or landed.
    -Using Roar while Unstoppable now fills Determination bar to 100% immediately, regardless of it being dodged or not.
    -GWF can no longer be hard-targeted while in Unstoppable, only AoE spells can them
    -Avalance of Steel now ignores all defenses and immunities, is an instant cast, and hits for four times harder.
    -Sure Strike now latches on to the target after the 2nd swing and does like a dozen tics of bleed damage. The GWF now becomes immune to control after the 2nd swing
    -Indomitable Strike is now instant cast and must be dodged to be avoided.
    -Threatening Rush is now Threatening Throw : Throw your sword up to 8 times in a row from 80 feet away
    -Sprint now provides Dodge immunity
    -GWF Profound set bonus changed to 30% more Determination bar
    -All apples that exist in Faerun are now oranges
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Okay, with all due respect, this is just for fun, I would like to also play your little game...

TR get your changes and also these changes are implemented:

-Using takedown now fills Determination bar to 100% immediately, regardless of it being dodged or landed.
    -Using Roar while Unstoppable now fills Determination bar to 100% immediately, regardless of it being dodged or not.
    -GWF can no longer be hard-targeted while in Unstoppable, only AoE spells can them
    -Avalance of Steel now ignores all defenses and immunities, is an instant cast, and hits for four times harder.
    -Sure Strike now latches on to the target after the 2nd swing and does like a dozen tics of bleed damage. The GWF now becomes immune to control after the 2nd swing
    -Indomitable Strike is now instant cast and must be dodged to be avoided.
    -Threatening Rush is now Threatening Throw : Throw your sword up to 8 times in a row from 80 feet away
    -Sprint now provides Dodge immunity
    -GWF Profound set bonus changed to 30% more Determination bar
    -All apples that exist in Faerun are now oranges

Get in with the context, kole. The point of the lil' demonstration was you can "counter" maybe one or two powerful traits the opponent has an edge over you -- but there is no 'countering' something when it's not just one, or two, or even 3. In that single character, every trait possible in the game (which is not a unique character specific mechanic) has been crammed up into, and in the very best version possible.

■ It has the best CC immunity mechanic with the longest protection time and most frequent uptime
    ■ It has the best defense mechanic that coincides with the above, which provides a flat 25%~50% DR.
    ■ It has the game's most powerful offensive encounter
    ■ It has the fastest combat movement, contributing both in offense, and in defense(...as in running away)
    ■ It has the game's best gap-closer in the form of a spammable at-will
    ■ It has the game's best CCs in the form of inescapable prones
    ■ It has the game's fastest recharge time for major encounters

The other guy ridicules people for being "whiners who can't counter GWFs" -- except, how do you frickin' counter something which has no weaknesses to be exploited? Sure, Roar will be fixed sooner or later, but currently, with the Roar coming into play nothing counters the GWF in any aspect of their performance. Not even permas can hang around the disgusting burp-ups since they throw off a long and smelly burp to any random direction every 8 seconds or so, in a large AoE. If the TR, traditionally considered to be the only class able to stalemate a GWF in a fight, is in this kind of gutter, then one can imagine just what it is like for the others.

Hence, "what it feels like to go up against GWFs" -- if say, there was some wacky TR with all those OP abilities, and there is absolutely no sane way to fight against it even with all the might of the GWF -- then the GWF players would understand just why people are gritting teeth so hard.
  • apextaoapextao Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Is really funny see how ppl cry at GWF's Roar and Unstop... oks, lets say DEVs fix these two skills... then, what?
    Answers from cry... er.... other players:
    - They have the fastest mobility which ignores slows... but not "prones", "Stuns" or "holds".
    - Highest Damage... with a power which needs enemies to be half life or lower. Better do not look at Lashin Blade (Crit damage + buffs + burst damage in stealth), Ice Knife (burst damage + prone), Smoke Bomb (stun + slow), Impossible to catch (5 secs of full invulneravility... each 15? secs) or SotEA (encounter + prone)... right?
    - Highest defense... yep, thats why a CW can crit them for 15ks with just a encounter... and be lucky if you can dodge it with the "fastest mobility which ignores slows" being proned, stunned or so... GL with that!!!
    - Most powerful CC prones with fastest CDs... well, thats why TRs can activate ItC and Lashin blade at same with just a stealth bar.

CWs are for kids and noobs, HR's holds are a joke, Bullrush + Threatering rush + Trample the fallen combo does 0 damage on a GWF, etc... But yes, is better to blame on GWFs instead of learning how to counter them properly... do not be you need to think a strategy instead of just going into any GWF and get the kill for free. :-) .

How much ignorance.

I've played all classes and GWF is not only strongest, followed by certain HRs and TRs, but it's also the easiest class to play by a large margin. Second easiest class would be GF, but this one actually isn't good in PvE and not a whole lot better in PvP.

Lowest skill cap and strongest class overall all in one.
This discussion has been closed.