What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1.2 million for the chicken egg...OMG

Comments

• Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't even want a chicken I'd like to have a cockatrice purely for it's looks, seeing as my ioun is my main companion (well of course in my heart lillend is my main) , but I ain't paying the money i don't even have for what i'd technically only be using as a fashion/roleplay item lmao

Then your in luck , the cockatrice is on auction house for only 750k ... dang chicken which I want is like 7 million .
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the Egg is there as a AD sink for the rich players. It sucks that not all of us have access to it, but if a few tens of millions are gonna be drained out of the market this way, I'm happy. I don't care that much about the Chicken, really, but that Cockatrice looks kinda cool. I don't feel any of them are essential to any player, though.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    bringitbackbringitback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    what was this "Caturday" exactly?what happened then?
    And another thing...there are people in the game with 50+ Epic NIghtmare mounts,i ask them..how did you get so many nightmare mounts?..They answer "Well there was a glitch with the lockbox in the beginning,an exploit...but they let me keep it.Whenever i need money i just sell 1 of these mounts"...so keep in mind that too.
    You start the game playing normally,you gather ad doing it legit,do dungeons,dailies etc....but there are people around with houndreds of millions of AD hoarded up from past exploits and bugs walking around.

Kinda cuts my enthusiasm.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ALL YOU "WE WANT MORE AD SINK IN-GAME" TYPES:

Be careful what you ask for. LOL

That's just not a good enough ad sink. More customization for mounts and companions, weapons, dyes and clothes... that would be a great ad sink.

most "bot/exploiters" people will still save their ad to buy all of the zen for keys anyway. there is no use if you want the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you go get the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if not, well maybe next time they finally give us the customization we want and deserve.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    what was this "Caturday" exactly?what happened then?

There was a problem with the AH that meant players could put up auctions for negative Astral Diamonds, buy them and getting double their money back or something along those lines , at first only a very tiny number of people knew about it but once the secret got out the server went crazy and a lot of players ended up with capped AD . Players affected by the rollback got this - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Caturday_Survivor%27s_Pack I love that cape but I still cannot wear it , annoying clipping -.-
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want to be able to un-bind things from myself, that's a major thing that IS in the game but isn't "enabled"
  • Options
    bringitbackbringitback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    There was a problem with the AH that meant players could put up auctions for negative Astral Diamonds, buy them and getting double their money back or something along those lines , at first only a very tiny number of people knew about it but once the secret got out the server went crazy and a lot of players ended up with capped AD . Players affected by the rollback got this - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Caturday_Survivor%27s_Pack I love that cape but I still cannot wear it , annoying clipping -.-
    So did every player who used the exploit get banned?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Well, you don't have the option to remove the rune until after you have named and bound the companion.

I realized that bit a couple hours later. :P
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It looks like the egg is having at least a temporary effect on the ZAX , last night when I looked there was 800k+ of 500/1 offers , today it was below 400k , wonder if it will last though.

So did every player who used the exploit get banned?

Some did but rumors went about that not everybody who exploited did so I couldn't tell you , all I know is some did and some apparently didn't .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    avalonna43avalonna43 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They are in line with the cost of companions in the bazaar currently - look how much the cat or Dancing Blade costs. If blue pets cost around 7-800,000K, I did not think this was unexpected nor out of line at all. True, it's not the best pet (quite honestly, I really just wanted it because, well, it's a chicken! ) - I'm not a PVP person; I think I recall someone mentioning the merits of it for that. But hey, I ganked the bonding rune for main companions, and use the pet on an alt to make a bunch of questing with my "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....atrices" jokes.

Don't forget that either chicken OR Cockatrice comes already equipped with one of those new amazing Epic Bonding Runestones - those in themselves are very expensive
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea. It's not that bad for a 100% chance at a purple pet. I was a bit scrambled, and it lead me to be a bit fowl initially.

Well, at least SOMEONE caught it, good sir!
    Grievance Gaming - Trademarked Adult Multi-Gaming Community since 2000!
    http://www.grievancegaming.org
    *Youtube * Twitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just another totally insane AD price tag...I dont know anything in the game that comes with an AD cost that isn't totally goofie.

For such an amazing game overall its inexplicable how this is allowed.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's been added to every Zen store companion purchase. I'd assume you don't get them with companions purchased with game currencies. (But I'll gladly buy a dozen wererats if you do.)

only zen store, bought a wererat and no fancy runestone
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Interestingly, looking at the best guesses for the chance of the different companions and the current prices of the possible companions from the egg and the enchants, it seems possible to make (on average) a reasonable amount of AD out of this.

On the plus side this means that AD will be removed from the economy twice - once by the straight out purchase of eggs, and secondly by the AH cuts.

On the minus side the people who are most likely to benefit are those with large amounts of AD already (say at least 10-20 million AD, preferably nearer 50 million) who can afford to buy a lot of eggs to even out the RNG.

So the economy should hopefully get better, but the ones who benefit the most are those are are the best off....

"It takes money to make money" is as true in an MMO as it is in real life (I know it is not universally true, but it works for this discussion, lol)
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are two ways to get the exchange moving again, infuse the exchange with enough Zen to counter the number of AD or try and remove enough AD from the economy to get things flowing again. If they impose small but persistent fees that players must pay in AD then everyone will be contributing to the reduction of AD, but newer players will be hit hard financially. If they encourage people to buy a high level companion for the standard rate it not only reduces the amount of AD in the economy, it doesn't hurt newer players.

I understand that it sucks if you wanted an egg but aren't going to be able to come up with the cash in time, but there will be tons more things far better than a chicken in the future that you will be able to afford if you start saving up your AD for the next big thing.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    hooli78 wrote: »
    I understand that it sucks if you wanted an egg but aren't going to be able to come up with the cash in time, but there will be tons more things far better than a chicken in the future that you will be able to afford if you start saving up your AD for the next big thing.

Well not only that but if you really wanted the chiken that badly there's always the other side of the market: buying AD for Zen.

The lack of functioning sinks is a major cause for AD inflation...
    But the lack of those sinks is just the cause of the problem which effects the market: lack of reason to buy AD with Zen.

Yes the eggs are expensive but unlike many other AD sinks they are 100% in line with other Zen products. Kudos to the marketing team for actually pricing something that costs AD at a realistic comparison to Zen rather than putting on the typical double price markup that other sinks have.

While I would prefer future sinks to focus on more less costly investments this does both remove AD from the system and encourage, at least in a moderate amount, people to buy AD with Zen even if it is just a one time deal.
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    i sold stuff right and left to get enough money to buy some eggs, 5 of them. what disappointed me was that out of 5 eggs, i got FIVE cockatrices, not one chicken. i wish i had saved the AD, bought a chicken for an outrageous price on the AH, and then bought an egg with any leftover money, hence i would have gotten both. :( i think the odds should have been better than that!! even if i keep ONE cockatrice and sell the other four, i still won't have enough money for ONE chicken on AH :( JMHO.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Just another totally insane AD price tag...I dont know anything in the game that comes with an AD cost that isn't totally goofie.

For such an amazing game overall its inexplicable how this is allowed.

I think this mini-event concerning the eggs is more meant for players with 50+mil diamonds who are converting all their AD to zen, hence <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the ZAX exchange.

Most players have 1.2mil so they are also able to participate though
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    i sold stuff right and left to get enough money to buy some eggs, 5 of them. what disappointed me was that out of 5 eggs, i got FIVE cockatrices, not one chicken. i wish i had saved the AD, bought a chicken for an outrageous price on the AH, and then bought an egg with any leftover money, hence i would have gotten both. :( i think the odds should have been better than that!! even if i keep ONE cockatrice and sell the other four, i still won't have enough money for ONE chicken on AH :( JMHO.

Sounds about right actually.

If people were getting a chicken every 5 eggs, we'd see tons and tons of chickens on the auction house
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    buying an item with AD is not an AD sink...
    an AD sink is to remove ad from the economy..this does not do that...it take 1.2 m ad...and replaces it with an item going to be worth even more for rarity
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    an AD sink is to remove ad from the economy..this does not do that...it take 1.2 m ad...and replaces it with an item going to be worth even more for rarity

Buying an item from the NPC is an AD sink. The AD disappears from the player-run economy.
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The Cockatrice is selling for about 500,000 below egg price, add that to the auction fees for listing all those chickens, plus everyone who bought an egg(s) and didn't resell it and you do have a successful start.
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it's not a sink in the fact you are replacing the ad with an item of value so it may remove the actual ad it does not remove the wealth..which is the intention of a sink
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Sinks do not have to remove the wealth from the economy. Sure that is nice too but the key essential factor is that it has to remove the actual AD from the economy. In that regard it has.

You guys place far too niche definitions on sinks. All a sink has to do is flush wealth down the drain. Every egg takes 1.2M AD out of the system which will never come back. Those players may get a return by selling those items greater than what they initially spent but that is with AD which was not effected by the sink. The sink still removed 1.2M AD from the system per egg.

And with the Zen Exchange as it is, the removal of AD from the market which will make the largest impact. However the wealth is distributed at a later date is inconsequential to the fact the AD was flushed out of the market.

Note to the person who is missing a post: racism and stereotyping is uncalled for and not tolerated on these forums.
  • Options
    noerqnoerq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Best thing about the egg is that the cockatrice is completely useless.
    See http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?684581-Cockatrice-s-active-bonus-completely-bugged-(does-nothing-ever) for more detail.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    noerq wrote: »
    Best thing about the egg is that the cockatrice is completely useless.
    See http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?684581-Cockatrice-s-active-bonus-completely-bugged-(does-nothing-ever) for more detail.
    Well, either I am dumbass with good imagination or the HR I've just encountered in DV OPvP didn't use that companion to root me for like 3 seconds ignoring all CC immunities?

DoT damage triggers that passive too.
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Well, either I am dumbass with good imagination or the HR I've just encountered in DV OPvP didn't use that companion to root me for like 3 seconds ignoring all CC immunities?

DoT damage triggers that passive too.

Passive does not work for me either. I'm a CW and have been running with it for a two days.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, perhaps we are playing different Neverwinters?

Catch me ingame and I'll show you that it does work.
  • Options
    noerqnoerq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Well, perhaps we are playing different Neverwinters?

Catch me ingame and I'll show you that it does work.

Yeah, that's totally constructive.
    I've updated the thread, stating that it seems to work in open PvP but not in PvE. That's constructive.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sinks do not have to remove the wealth from the economy. Sure that is nice too but the key essential factor is that it has to remove the actual AD from the economy. In that regard it has.

You guys place far too niche definitions on sinks. All a sink has to do is flush wealth down the drain. Every egg takes 1.2M AD out of the system which will never come back. Those players may get a return by selling those items greater than what they initially spent but that is with AD which was not effected by the sink. The sink still removed 1.2M AD from the system per egg.

And with the Zen Exchange as it is, the removal of AD from the market which will make the largest impact. However the wealth is distributed at a later date is inconsequential to the fact the AD was flushed out of the market.

Note to the person who is missing a post: racism and stereotyping is uncalled for and not tolerated on these forums.

Honestly I do not think it will effect the ZAX but that is because the ZAX is now well outside the curve limits. At 500 it can take a day to buy zen. Over the course of that day millions of AD, maybe 100s of millions are created through refining. While zen is only created by cash. And since the coal changes the market has basically decided nobody gets an upgrade on their enchant until someone buys a considerable sum of zen (keys or coals they have to spend money). The market out here in the real world has said, in essence, "I'd like to upgrade my enchant but not so much as I would like to take a date out to dinner. I will spend my money on Laura instead."
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    75,558 ZEN for sale right now (still 500 though) so I'd say its working