test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1.2 million for the chicken egg...OMG

1235»

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have you looked at the ZAX? The 1.5 million back ordered sell requests have completely dried up. As of right this moment there is not a single request for 500. All in just a couple of days.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Have you looked at the ZAX? The 1.5 million back ordered sell requests have completely dried up. As of right this moment there is not a single request for 500. All in just a couple of days.

This is what I've been preaching all week.

Give players and more importantly those rich players something to sink their resources in.

Don't go the awful route of moving the 500ad/zen cap. We've already have precedence of that failing. Don't make the same mistake twice
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Honestly I do not think it will effect the ZAX but that is because the ZAX is now well outside the curve limits.

You should look at the Zen Exchange before posting something like this. ;)
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah a little over 600 for 500 each. Not exactly an overwhelming supply.
    I have waited over 24 hours for a buy to go through since the coal mess dropped.
  • mentaltelepathymentaltelepathy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I was very angry that I wasted 1.2M AD on a stupid chicken egg when it was NOT clear those two pets came from the same egg. I felt like it was a bait and switch for a virtual item. They even named the egg after the chicken pet.

Making someone spend 1.2M AD for a "chance" to win a pet with amazing active bonus stats, not being clear on what's going on about it, and then giving them a pet that stinks, is horrible and just pisses off your player base.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Considering that there was over a million Zen backlog, no it's not like Zen is just pouring away but there is 1M less offers backlogged.
    Yes, I was very angry that I wasted 1.2M AD on a stupid chicken egg when it was NOT clear those two pets came from the same egg.

Did you read the tooltip or the news post which both stated exactly what you would get? A guarantee of an Epic Companion but a rare chance it would be a chicken?
    "This egg will hatch one of the following:
    [Chicken] Rare Companion
    [Cockatrice] Companion

Both companions come with a slotted Lesser Bonding Runestone."
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I was very angry that I wasted 1.2M AD on a stupid chicken egg when it was NOT clear those two pets came from the same egg. I felt like it was a bait and switch for a virtual item. They even named the egg after the chicken pet.

Making someone spend 1.2M AD for a "chance" to win a pet with amazing active bonus stats, not being clear on what's going on about it, and then giving them a pet that stinks, is horrible and just pisses off your player base.

so reading description of an item you want to buy is too much?
    "This egg will hatch one of the following:
    Chicken rare companion
    Cockatrice companion"

edit: also there's a reason why lockboxes are still around, people like them, they like lottery, they like having chance for something better than others and of course they don't like "losing" but also like posting non-esential post after "losing" describing what community wants or not wants.

Anyway, got my Cockatrice today, Stonegaze is lv 15 already and soon be ready for some serious combat

Edit2:ambisinisterr you ninja :P
    edited June 2014
    OOO! it went up to 8k @ 500 that's a really nice date or a couple of coals.....
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Well it still has a way to go which hopefully it will meet, although may slow down during the week. If it stayed at this rate, it would just be a temporary measure. Before hand zen was being bought at an increasing rate, and nothing is to say it wouldn't happen again if it stays near the cap. Some people have already put up ad in exchange with the "while you can" mentality.
    edited June 2014
    No doubt it is a temporary reprieve. I think I even used that term a couple of pages back.

But it is a reprieve and the Zen sales are now back within the limit curves at the moment which is why somebody saying "Honestly I do not think it will effect the ZAX but that is because the ZAX is now well outside the curve limits," was...comical.

We still need long term AD sinks looked into and addressed to be a more viable option but the Mysterous Chicken Eggs did manage to address the immediate situation.
    edited June 2014
    Well no, we need a way to pay Cryptic's bills where upgrading an enchantment costs less than a month's play on a subscription based game.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Well it still has a way to go which hopefully it will meet, although may slow down during the week. If it stayed at this rate, it would just be a temporary measure. Before hand zen was being bought at an increasing rate, and nothing is to say it wouldn't happen again if it stays near the cap. Some people have already put up ad in exchange with the "while you can" mentality.

Of course it won't be the answer, as the ZAX issue is an everlasting balance between making zen more attractive or AD more attractive.

They constantly gave the zen store and zen new and important items which is why the ZAX imbalance has grown to unhealthy numbers.

This event is a very good sign of how easy and simple the problem is. More AD sinks, more worthwhile items to buy with AD.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Give us Stables for our Mounts and then collectors/fashionistas/role-players
    will sink their Zen. And you won't have to worry about the re-sellers hoarding.
    (Mounts generally can't be resold, so no one would be stunned if its all bop.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?