Install Arc
Options

1.2 million for the chicken egg...OMG

Comments

• Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    I do not usually complain but this is over the top.

expensive this stew! lol
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The game needs this sink. Plus their bonuses are awesome.

I anticipate the ammount of AD I am going to make next month or even later by reselling these.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, how many weeks ago I said that they're gonna be 1mil AD? Trying to find the post.

UPD. Found it.http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?677501-Prices-getting-too-high-way-too-high&p=8056811&viewfull=1#post8056811
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the price of eggs at the upcoming event? Knowing Cryptic, I'm afraid one egg will cost like 1 million AD, and only the richest players will buy them.

31th of May. Just a week ago. And then read those responses. "No, they won't do that, don't exaggerate etc."
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Does anyone know if the egg can be sold on the AH??
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    On this ...I have to say ...I pretty much log onto preview once a day. During Mod 3 preview testing...which took forever like the 20% black ice resit to enter Kessell's to get fix, they knew about that day. They knew from day 20 on preview....and today is when it was fixed. Perhaps they should say we are looking into it or trying to track it down. Panderous is great in communicating...not so much with the community manager, his diplomatic skills need work.

This was not put on preview ..well I do not not want to know why. I am not a casual player who gearing takes a lot of time and effort. I already have my augment companion.

with the change to Coalescent wards it will be near impossible for any new player to reach an established player level. PvE or PVP. And trust me I know the devs are not skilled players I have seen them in action.

If this was to reduce the amount of AD on the market, it fails.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    This was not put on preview ..well I do not not want to know why. I am not a casual player who gearing takes a lot of time and effort. I already have my augment companion.

Aside from the summer festival, no event has been put on the preview server first.
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well.. I bought two eggs and got two cockatrice.. meh. I really wanted a chicken but oh well least now I'm broke and actually have to stop being lazy :)
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How much real cash or AD to you have to have to really want to buy some of these items? They seem like okay pets, but I don't feel the need for another augment pet (got the original stone of Allure on sale and the Radiance promotion). I have 10 million AD across 6 characters and this does not seem worth it. Especially given current rising costs of enchants and coalescent wards. Glad I'm not a new player. Cost of entry for a "competitive" character is too high now, if you're not a whale.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dar I know that...but others do not.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    So this event is basically for the whales, not so much for new players and most casuals and/or some F2P players...

If the whales buy the eggs, in the short term the AD in game will be reduced, but being whales they will be able to get more AD quickly and easily...therefore not a long term solution for AD sink.

I wonder how profitable will the pet be if people are selling them on AH later after the event, at a higher price of course. Will people buy them??
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    purple companions in the zen shop are even more expensive... rofl clueless
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ALL YOU "WE WANT MORE AD SINK IN-GAME" TYPES:

Be careful what you ask for. LOL
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was hoping the egg wouldn't be so ridiculously priced, I guess I won't ever be getting a chicken or cockatrice...
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2014

LOL. You beat me to this reply. +1 to you sir.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014

An AD sink that's too expensive for anyone to use is not an AD sink. Which was the original point of those discussions.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So no one knows if you can sell the eggs on Ah?
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just opened 20 in the preview server = 19 Cockatrice, 1 chicken. Anyway, RNG hates me so...
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    azeryk1 wrote: »
    So no one knows if you can sell the eggs on Ah?

I assume the eggs are BoP, but don't exactly have game access right now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well.. I bought two eggs and got two cockatrice.. meh. I really wanted a chicken but oh well least now I'm broke and actually have to stop being lazy :)

Gratz, but i'm only jealous cos I can't afford any lol ;)
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1 chicken for sale in the AH currently. only 4.4M!
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I just bought Cockatrice for 600k and sold Lesser enchant that was in it for 260k, so total price for the pet is 340k. Not so bad ;D
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    LOL.... I waited on the gateway at 1 pm and continued to refresh and bought the first chicken that popped up on AH for 3.5M.

Im happy :)
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I bought one at 2.9 million. Worth every AD. There's some very cool interactions that are going on with the mechanics on this pet. Glad I snag it at a low price.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh look, another promotional event I can't participate in because I'm not rich. Oh well.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I started saving as soon as I knew about it, I knew they would be costly. After a couple weeks, I have just enough to get one, but not sure if it's really worth it. I wanted a chicken (I have some IRL), but it looks like it's not gonna happen. They should have added a non-augment chicken companion to the zen market or something. I don't care about augment, I just want a chicken :) It's not even worth trying to sell my Angel to get more AD, they've dropped too low.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got two questions!

1. How much power will it give at level 30?
    (It gives 29 power at level 1)

2.What is this "poultry power" and how much power will it give?
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    I just bought Cockatrice for 600k and sold Lesser enchant that was in it for 260k, so total price for the pet is 340k. Not so bad ;D

Why would someone spend 1.2 mil AD on the egg and sell the cockatrice at 600k???
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Why would someone spend 1.2 mil AD on the egg and sell the cockatrice at 600k???

Because they're hoping to recoup enough of their costs to buy more eggs and get at least a few chickens (probably to hold for later sales).

Edit: Selling that low and with the rune slotted might also just be a person who has the magical thinking that they'll win for sure if they can just buy one more egg.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    guess they...
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    ...got too cocky.

You are my new hero.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Angels are cheaper!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)