Comments

• obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually my first thought was not the cost of the cockatrice,
    but the auto-censor. Wonder how many people got auto-booted
    from the live event.

Thanks for clarifying that the chicken is a Purple Augment. Couldn't
    figure out why the cockatrices were selling at large losses and the
    chicken for big gains on AH. Figured it'd be the reverse.

Oh. I believe the egg is bind on purchase. So people can't stockpile
    eggs and resell them well after the event.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am very disappointed... If I had that much to toss away I'd have the Guilded Spider mount for my drow by now :\ as it stands I shall never see the chicken or cocktrice in my future.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    guess they...
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    ...got too cocky.

I see what you did there :)

Well played good sir, well played.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Because they're hoping to recoup enough of their costs to buy more eggs and get at least a few chickens (probably to hold for later sales).

Edit: Selling that low and with the rune slotted might also just be a person who has the magical thinking that they'll win for sure if they can just buy one more egg.

Well, you don't have the option to remove the rune until after you have named and bound the companion.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Think of it like this: You're spending 2400 Zen on a cockatrice, with a tiny chance of it being upgraded to a chicken augment instead.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Meh, 10% chance for a brief root, which proly gets cut in pvp anyway. I'd rather waste my ADs on a rust monster which is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton better and even more so for open world pvp.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't PvP so I can't speak to the effect of the chicken there, but HOLY COW, when the speed bonus procs it's like you're on rollerblades! HR's are never known for their speed, so this was a welcome surprise when I was getting pummeled by corrupted Yeti.

(Full disclosure: I prefer to not play the RNG game and simply burned a ton of Zen and bought one).

Here's an interesting question: with Hrimnir's goodies and Rank 10 enchantments my run speed bonus is 11.5%. Does the chicken add 40% of your base to it for a total bonus of 51.5%, or does it take your existing bonuses into account (which yields a total bonus of 56.1%)? It's not a huge deal; just consider me curious.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I don't PvP so I can't speak to the effect of the chicken there, but HOLY COW, when the speed bonus procs it's like you're on rollerblades! HR's are never known for their speed, so this was a welcome surprise when I was getting pummeled by corrupted Yeti.

(Full disclosure: I prefer to not play the RNG game and simply burned a ton of Zen and bought one).

Here's an interesting question: with Hrimnir's goodies and Rank 10 enchantments my run speed bonus is 11.5%. Does the chicken add 40% of your base to it for a total bonus of 51.5%, or does it take your existing bonuses into account (which yields a total bonus of 56.1%)? It's not a huge deal; just consider me curious.

Wear the HR profound PvP gear for the 20% speed buff from that too. :)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, looks like their AD sink isn't working too well. There's still a million AD backlog on the ZAX.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • fdruid76fdruid76 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll probably end up getting this...Clever <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I hate them.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Well, looks like their AD sink isn't working too well. There's still a million AD backlog on the ZAX.

Its the first day of the event. And even if it worked to its full-potential, you can't expect a single companion to solve the AD-sink problem
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol, I want one, but can't justify the required credit card splosion required. ****, the people who need it, can't afford it, the people who don't need it, can.

Rank 10s and run speed, though I suppose unless they go glass cannon, no-one's gonna land that bigger hit on them anyway.

Hah, they should make eggs cost 100k, but with the proviso that you can't buy one if any of the accounts linked to your ip possess more than 500k ad.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    I anticipated such a price and bought 9 eggs about 5 minutes into the event. Got one chicken out of those which I used on my pvp HR. Mostly just for fun. Already had a Black Ice Ioun Stone on it, but what the heck... Cockatrice has a nice active bonus and the Chicken is a pretty nice aug while hanging around in the open pvp zones.

Not sure I'd be playing at all these days if I wasn't having fun on my HR, so I don't mind throwing some astral diamonds at it. :)
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Lol, I want one, but can't justify the required credit card splosion required. ****, the people who need it, can't afford it, the people who don't need it, can.

Not really. The people who can afford it are epic min-maxers and this is the BIS augment hands-down. There are a certain sector who will spend any amount to get an advantage in PVP (whether it is open world or normal domination)

Also, you don't need this companion. A 400k Ioun Stone of Allure will do the job for dungeon raiding just fine for 1/20th of the price.

Lastly, your comment about credit cards doesn't exactly fit here. This is about providing an AD-sink to counter-act the amount of zen-purchase requests.
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Liking the Cockatrice a lot! Well worth the $25 in diamonds imo.

People didn't like the armored polar bear promo because it was $33 and only gave you a chance of winning it. This is $25 and a sure thing that you will get one of two companions, both worth the money, and some people still aren't happy. This getting really ridiculous.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They're unhappy quite simply because they're poor. Well in game terms anyway. I suppose actually, in real life, not having millions of ad sloshing uneccessarily about in your warchest probably says something positive about your way of being.:eek:;)
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • jtrivjtriv Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    1.2M good that we had time to prepare ourselfs for such price..... owwwwwwww.... that's right, we didn't.... we only new (and not everyone) that there will be an mysterious egg with chicken or coacatrice in it... well until next time perhaps I'll have 1.2M... and know I will need it
    PS if you were thinking "AD sink" by putting this price then you failed, chickens and coacatrice are being sold for double the egg price (at least)
    it still made 1.2 million ad per egg disapear from the market. what they sell it for doesnt undo the sink
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hooli78 wrote: »

People didn't like the armored polar bear promo because it was $33 and only gave you a chance of winning it. This is $25 and a sure thing that you will get one of two companions, both worth the money, and some people still aren't happy. This getting really ridiculous.

it's expensive.
    edited June 2014

Well, it really isn't about making people shell out $25.

This is about taking away a little chunk of diamonds in the market as well as to increase the value of diamonds. They accomplished both in small ways imo. However, they still have lots to do to solve the ad sink problem.

Their main target audience for this cause was mostly players with 50+million ad.
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, it really isn't about making people shell out $25.

This is about taking away a little chunk of diamonds in the market as well as to increase the value of diamonds. They accomplished both in small ways imo. However, they still have lots to do to solve the ad sink problem.

Their main target audience for this cause was mostly players with 50+million ad.

50,000,000 AD? That's $1,000 in Zen. I had about $250 in Zen before this week and I thought I was one of the dreaded 1% of Neverwinter. Huh, I guess I'm just a 99%er that doesn't complain all the time.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mod note: title edited and thread cleaned up a little. constructive criticism is not disrespectful. please adhere to the forum rules of conduct.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    50,000,000 AD? That's $1,000 in Zen. I had about $250 in Zen before this week and I thought I was one of the dreaded 1% of Neverwinter. Huh, I guess I'm just a 99%er that doesn't complain all the time.

Considering that the AH Exploit fixed last year during 'Caturday' had been around for MONTHS before some people overdid it and made tens of thousands by selling their AD to Real Money Traders (plus multiple accounts with maxed out Charslots, each at AD Cap, with the whole inventory filled with Cats), and the Rollback was only what, 1 Day at most, the biggest share of the cheated and exploited AD is most likely not yet accounted for and removed.
    In fact, I'd say everyones' AD supply has a taint of Caturday AD at this point, since the people who knew it for a long time and that still play most likely have their wealth stored in more 'fixed' assets...or they simply didn't go overboard creating trillions of AD in a day, mass buying Zen, but got 5k here, 10k there, over a longer time.
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, I did it. My brother talked me into getting that one egg I had saved for. He chanted a quick "ooga booga", and viola! A chicken! I will hug her and squeeze her, and pet her and pat her, but I did not name her George;) Sometimes it really pays to be a member of the Secret Ear-O-Corn Ooga Booga Society :)
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The price is annoying but not unexpected , they are a guaranteed epic pet with a slotted bonding runestone , I'll wait a few days and see what they are selling for in the AH before I decide whether to buy a bunch of eggs or not although the drop rate on preview seems favorable for once.

mircalla83 wrote: »
    Considering that the AH Exploit fixed last year during 'Caturday' had been around for MONTHS

The AH exploit had not been around for ''MONTHS'' The last character wipe was before the 25th of April 2013 in preparation for the headstart, the Caturday rollback happened on May the 19th , the exploit existed less than a month and even then only a very small number of players knew about it until the day before the rollback when the server went to hell.
  • moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    Best augment ever. Bonding runestone pops when the chicken activates poultry power. Seems bonding stones stack, too. I love my chicken! :p
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Less then 12 hours later. its now under 400k. Looks like its having a fairly significant effect, to me.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Less then 12 hours later. its now under 400k. Looks like its having a fairly significant effect, to me.

Yep, I stand corrected. We'll see what the weekend brings. I'd love the ZAX to get back to some semblance of normalcy.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yep, I stand corrected. We'll see what the weekend brings. I'd love the ZAX to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Interestingly, looking at the best guesses for the chance of the different companions and the current prices of the possible companions from the egg and the enchants, it seems possible to make (on average) a reasonable amount of AD out of this.

On the plus side this means that AD will be removed from the economy twice - once by the straight out purchase of eggs, and secondly by the AH cuts.

On the minus side the people who are most likely to benefit are those with large amounts of AD already (say at least 10-20 million AD, preferably nearer 50 million) who can afford to buy a lot of eggs to even out the RNG.

So the economy should hopefully get better, but the ones who benefit the most are those are are the best off....
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The best things about this are the search terms you can use on the auction house to find them.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't even want a chicken I'd like to have a cockatrice purely for it's looks, seeing as my ioun is my main companion (well of course in my heart lillend is my main) , but I ain't paying the money i don't even have for what i'd technically only be using as a fashion/roleplay item lmao

Then your in luck , the cockatrice is on auction house for only 750k ... dang chicken which I want is like 7 million .